• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8538 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 19

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next All
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
July 19 2010 23:47 GMT
#361
It's funny how many people are from gosugamers. We also send a lot of people to them.
Administrator
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
July 19 2010 23:59 GMT
#362
I don't remember exactly how :< it was mid 2007 when I started lurking, some kind of TL event.
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
SoLaR[i.C]
Profile Blog Joined August 2003
United States2969 Posts
July 20 2010 00:42 GMT
#363
Back in 2003, I often played with a guy named }buZz{, who was from either Norway or Sweden. He taught me some basics and recommended that I come here!

Anybody else know of him?

Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
July 20 2010 01:19 GMT
#364
I learned of Teamliquid in late 2002, after a 2v2 game on good old USWest against Excalibur_Z. I remember asking him why he floated his buildings in front of his army, and learned that tanks can shoot farther than they can see. Even back then I thought this was a pretty active forum with high quality posts.
good vibes only
bball2
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada49 Posts
July 20 2010 01:20 GMT
#365
I think I heard of TL on NukeTheStars channel. He mentions it a lot in his replays to find lots of info on the pro sc scene
Shiladie
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1631 Posts
July 20 2010 01:24 GMT
#366
I heard about it during the gomtv star invitational at some point, maybe from tasteless, maybe from the IRL friend who also got me into that. Can't remember anymore...
Leath
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
Canada1724 Posts
July 20 2010 03:28 GMT
#367
i think I was searching for replays or strategies.
http://www.kongregate.com/?referrer=Sagess
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
July 20 2010 03:28 GMT
#368
i asked my brother how to get better, he gave me a link to TL, saying that the best way was to watch pros play, the first game i watched was that crazy lng one on metalopolis full of BCs and Voidrays.... Liquid Nazgul vs TLO, actually it was the one right after lost temple where TLO played zerg and skipped queen, and WON??!!

oh hi liquid nazgul!!
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
WniO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2706 Posts
July 20 2010 05:44 GMT
#369
husky mentioned it a long time ago.
VivaLaRevolutionist
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia2 Posts
July 20 2010 05:56 GMT
#370
Such a hard site not to find. Found it within days of getting involved in the scene a couple of years ago. Have been constantly amazed by the site quality ever since. Great job.
"Oh man, he's going carriers!"
DreamScaR
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Canada2127 Posts
July 20 2010 07:05 GMT
#371
I voted Other because I honestly can't remember. It was what, 6 years ago now for me?
~ Aka ItsWoodrow on Twitter
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 20 2010 07:18 GMT
#372
Google :D
Moderator<:3-/-<
intalex
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada5 Posts
July 20 2010 07:48 GMT
#373
djwheat.tv
ranma1202
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Vietnam62 Posts
July 20 2010 07:52 GMT
#374
actually at first i prefer gosugamers more than teamliquid. i just thought that their website look more cooler, and here it is kinda boring. but then i tried to watch some live games, and one thing led to another, i found orange_tv, konadora, mystlord... and now i know which is the best place for SCBW player
Life is a game, and when things dont work out, dont unplug, just reset and restart from last checkpoint.
machinebloodprogram
Profile Joined December 2008
United States245 Posts
July 20 2010 08:47 GMT
#375
I found about TL after doing some research on professional StarCraft. I think what got me interested was watching GOMtv Classic Season 1 for the first time.
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
July 20 2010 12:04 GMT
#376
I think I was googling for starcraft strategies. After I completely analyzed all the information on the battle.net site (which is totally useless in hindsight).
DoubIe_O
Profile Joined May 2009
Austria234 Posts
July 20 2010 12:08 GMT
#377
Boxer first then Sea
"Hence to fight and conquer in all you battles is not considered as surpreme excellence, surpreme excellence consists in breaking the enemies resistance without fighting"; Sun Zu
kohkomo
Profile Joined January 2008
Canada135 Posts
July 20 2010 13:20 GMT
#378
Once upon a time, I was watching sc vids on jon747's channel. One day on his main channel page, he had a video "Jon left teamliquid.net" and a whole explanation why he did.
I was so confused. What was TL? Why did this take priority over a cool sc intro? Then I slowly made myself here
Three Proline Tickets, If I lose Then I quit
Bormac
Profile Joined May 2008
Belgium122 Posts
July 20 2010 13:43 GMT
#379
I first got in touch with the Korean scene thx to the GomTV Star Invitational, which kindled my love for BW as a spectator sport, and fell in love with TL shortly thereafter thx to the Razor TSL.

So, I owe a lot to Tasteless, and the entire TSL staff.

PS: I just found my TL Winged Horse shirt in the mail 30 minutes ago.
Code monkeys, best monkeys!
Sewi
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Germany1697 Posts
July 20 2010 16:04 GMT
#380
I found TL when I was searching for replays. I dont know which patch it was that enabled the replay function but with this I came to TL first. However, I have been lurking the forum for some time until I registered
"Well, things were going ok until he lost all his stuff" - Tasteless, 17.02.2016
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 164
Liquid`TLO 141
ProTech138
RuFF_SC2 117
ViBE55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16166
Artosis 89
firebathero 88
PianO 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever326
canceldota84
League of Legends
Doublelift3824
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD48
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu622
Other Games
summit1g6984
FrodaN1235
shahzam530
B2W.Neo360
C9.Mang0321
RotterdaM105
Mew2King30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 31
• RyuSc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1109
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Replay Cast
57m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.