• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:13
CEST 23:13
KST 06:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8876 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 22

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
July 21 2010 18:19 GMT
#421
On July 17 2010 11:08 3 Lions wrote:
Somehow through Gosugamers, I don't remember exactly.
How ironic =/


Same.
zvz is imba
aG.Admirai
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada55 Posts
July 21 2010 18:39 GMT
#422
When chill raped combat.
3FFA
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States3931 Posts
July 21 2010 19:28 GMT
#423
The TribalTrouble RTS game. Someone told me about starcraft and asked if there were any people that went to teamliquid.net, the best site for the best RTS game. I decided to check out TL.net and lurked for a few years but now, I'm here :D
"As long as it comes from a pure place and from a honest place, you know, you can write whatever you want."
TriniMasta
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1323 Posts
July 21 2010 19:33 GMT
#424
On July 17 2010 11:27 Skvid wrote:
My mom told me.


I dont know how one can remember such things really, i stumbled upon it at some point in the past, i dont remember how and why. However i joined only recently because i wasn't interested in bw a whole lot, i just knew that TL was the place to go if i ever picked that game up... which i never did.

wow lucky, my parents always HATED gaming and never even experienced it T.T
정명훈 FIGHTING!!! Play both T and P.
ShoCkeyy
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
7815 Posts
July 21 2010 19:43 GMT
#425
WGTour when it was working all well :D
Life?
-Sky-
Profile Joined November 2005
Bulgaria284 Posts
July 21 2010 19:52 GMT
#426
Other: One of my best buddies showed it to me
Take to the Sky
dybydx
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Canada1764 Posts
July 21 2010 22:10 GMT
#427
i think it was klazart that first told me about TL on his SC commentaries.
...from the land of imba
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-21 23:30:11
July 21 2010 23:29 GMT
#428
I was randomly looking up BW games and came across Day 9 casting the Chill v Combatx games. After being on this site for 5 minutes, I made an account lol
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
cloudica
Profile Joined May 2009
England43 Posts
July 21 2010 23:31 GMT
#429
Search Engine.

Came here in 2002 looking for replays (I think). Can't remember if I registered though. I stopped following the BW scene in 2004 when I went to uni, though, and only picked it up again in 2008 (registered for FPL).

Should never have left .
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
July 22 2010 00:14 GMT
#430
An sc buddy of mine(non-IRL) told me about it. I registered when I thought how awesome liquibet is.
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Lucid90
Profile Joined September 2008
Canada340 Posts
July 22 2010 01:01 GMT
#431
I actually found it from gosugamers
and I found gosugamers from youtube

TL is better than gosugamers except the mods here are unnecessarily strict, but anything else is ok
My sc2 account: http://www.sc2ranks.com/us/1296221/LuciD
Kinky
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States4126 Posts
July 22 2010 01:23 GMT
#432
I remember I was struggling in PvT with breaking slow pushes and I ended up finding this guide on TL through Google iirc. Been here ever since then
UntitledQ
Profile Joined August 2009
Germany99 Posts
July 22 2010 02:21 GMT
#433
Someone mentioned it on sc2gg.com irc.
Foreplay
Profile Joined May 2008
United States1154 Posts
July 22 2010 03:17 GMT
#434
from a combat-ex video. O the irony.
Better than Pokebunny
jackofclubs81
Profile Joined January 2010
United States196 Posts
July 22 2010 04:43 GMT
#435
I was playing on iccup and was losing most of the time. I started asking the well-mannered Starcraft BROODWAR(better than sc2) community for help at the end of matches that i lost. Several of them told me to come here to improve.
Apex
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States7227 Posts
July 22 2010 06:14 GMT
#436
Found it when I was surfing through battle reports of old starcraft games featuring Boxer, Kingdom, and the like.

+ Show Spoiler +
At the time, when they said, "progamer," I thought it was a typo and they meant "programmer." >___<
Tufas
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Austria2259 Posts
July 22 2010 06:32 GMT
#437
It was an irl friend of mine - in 2004. Took me 6 years to register though for sc2 as I did not find myself worthy of contributing to sc:bw (being a total noob, I did not want to waste anyones time). As everyone and his mother registerd with sc2, so did I and here I am.
Where is my ACE flair
Substance59
Profile Joined June 2010
United States110 Posts
July 22 2010 09:41 GMT
#438
my brother started showing my starcraft games a couple months ago and i really enjoyed them so he showed me TL
Waltchelg
Profile Joined April 2010
United States66 Posts
July 22 2010 10:37 GMT
#439
I honestly don't even remember where I heard about TL from. It was probably a link from another website I go to.
Elite Muffin Crew / No Talent member
ReDTerraN
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden88 Posts
July 22 2010 13:14 GMT
#440
through gg.net lol
I support the emperor! not false GODS!
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 590
ProTech145
RuFF_SC2 112
Liquid`TLO 103
Nina 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19408
firebathero 91
Bale 22
PianO 15
Sacsri 4
Dota 2
Gorgc7774
monkeys_forever178
canceldota35
League of Legends
Doublelift3125
Counter-Strike
fl0m1026
Super Smash Bros
PPMD30
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu830
Other Games
summit1g5632
FrodaN1250
Beastyqt510
shahzam478
mouzStarbuck289
B2W.Neo262
ToD229
C9.Mang0141
RotterdaM91
UpATreeSC76
Mew2King38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile113
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1156
• Shiphtur660
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 2m
Replay Cast
1h 47m
OSC
1d 1h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 12h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.