• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:04
CEST 00:04
KST 07:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20269Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8538 users

How did you first find TL? - Page 2

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 17 2010 02:42 GMT
#21
On July 17 2010 11:10 im a roc wrote:
I found a TL hate thread on the Beta forums and decided to check it out. Big fan ever since.

Hahah.

A friend told me, lurked for a bit, joined, got hooked.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
Sazchu
Profile Joined April 2007
Iceland489 Posts
July 17 2010 02:42 GMT
#22
Was googling for some SC sites back in 2006 and somehow stumbled upon TL, greatest website find ever \o/
Initial_H.C.
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada560 Posts
July 17 2010 02:44 GMT
#23
My friend sent me replays of Boxer long time ago. I decided to search online for more games from Boxer and got onto http://boxerforever.com/ which had links to TeamLiquid.

So it was sort of like IRL Sent Replays --> Search Engine --> Website --> TL Link
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
July 17 2010 02:46 GMT
#24
I first learned of the site around when SC2 was getting it's first inklings of info, back in 2007. I was looking for more info on the game, due to how endlessly excited I was about the idea. I didn't start regularly reading until the first GOM tournament, somewhere in the middle of it. My general tendency to lurk kept me from making an account until I decided I had something to say (I later retracted and didn't post it, and continued to lurk)
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
July 17 2010 02:50 GMT
#25
I found TL after Tasteless mentioned it in a GOM cast. And I heard about the GOM casts from Pure Pwnage, of all places.
Liquipedia
Veil
Profile Joined May 2010
Korea (South)42 Posts
July 17 2010 02:50 GMT
#26
google finds me strange things ;D
Not enough minerals T_T
Zato-1
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Chile4253 Posts
July 17 2010 02:50 GMT
#27
When SC2 was first announced, I was pretty excited about it. I surfed the web looking for any info I could get about it, and that's when I came upon... sc2gg.com

Several months later, I'd read enough about TL on that site to give it a shot, see if it was any good. I never looked back.
Go here http://vina.biobiochile.cl/ and input the Konami Code (up up down down left right left right B A)
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
July 17 2010 02:51 GMT
#28
Because of gosugamers.
Rinrun
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada3509 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 02:52:49
July 17 2010 02:52 GMT
#29
I think I stumbled here through a search engine, was looking up how to get awesome at BW and I made it here, lurked for a while then joined when beta giveaways came around. ^^
MBC/Liquid/TSM always.
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
July 17 2010 02:52 GMT
#30
When I first started playing Starcraft a bit more seriously I went to look for pro maps and found the TL map database. And that was that
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
StarBrift
Profile Joined January 2008
Sweden1761 Posts
July 17 2010 02:53 GMT
#31
I really don't remember as it was like 8 years ago but I think I got the link off of someone on gamingeye.
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
July 17 2010 02:56 GMT
#32
I have no idea, a voice from the heavens spoke to me and told me to visit this website I guess
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Oozo
Profile Joined December 2009
Finland432 Posts
July 17 2010 02:56 GMT
#33
Tastless in blizzcon youtube video made mention of TL staff helping him to create homepage or similiar. Had to find out what TL is all about
SKT for OSL!
empty.bottle
Profile Joined July 2009
685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-17 03:02:49
July 17 2010 03:00 GMT
#34
wcreplays.net>>w3chart.exe>>TL
Polar_Nada
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States1548 Posts
July 17 2010 03:04 GMT
#35
i think i found TL through googling starcraft blah blah or something
[ReD]NaDa and fnaticMSI.SEn fighting~! ::POlar @ UC Irvine::
Darpa
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada4413 Posts
July 17 2010 03:04 GMT
#36
Its kind of a funny story, I was about 14-15 and arguing that BW wasnt balanced and I was referred by my opponent to this site =P
"losers always whine about their best, Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"
LasTLiE
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States428 Posts
July 17 2010 03:09 GMT
#37
Heard about it from Tasteless while he was casting Gom Classic Season 2. Woo Tasteless!
"[21:01] kjwcj: i wanna put an aftermarket heatsink on your northbridge, lastlie" http://twitter.com/ThatGuyLastly
gotwater
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States179 Posts
July 17 2010 03:11 GMT
#38
it all began when i was looking to download a map
Everything counts.
SiegeFlank
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States410 Posts
July 17 2010 03:12 GMT
#39
I used to scour the web, looking for advice on build orders in Brood War just so that I could beat my friends. I discovered TL, and not only did I find the pinnacle of strategic discussion, but volumes of content about the professional scene, which I immediately got hooked on. I also discovered iCCup through TL.
Bird up
SC2Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2814 Posts
July 17 2010 03:20 GMT
#40
Found out from some youtube commentator. Probily Moletrap.
Who the fuck has a family of fucking trees? This song is so god damn stupid. Fuck you song, fuck you and your stupid trees. -itmeJP
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 164
Liquid`TLO 141
ProTech138
RuFF_SC2 117
ViBE55
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16166
Artosis 89
firebathero 88
PianO 16
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever326
canceldota84
League of Legends
Doublelift3824
Counter-Strike
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
PPMD48
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu622
Other Games
summit1g6984
FrodaN1235
shahzam530
B2W.Neo360
C9.Mang0321
RotterdaM105
Mew2King30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile137
• StrangeGG 31
• RyuSc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 29
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1109
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Replay Cast
57m
OSC
1d
Big Brain Bouts
1d 11h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.