• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:50
CEST 03:50
KST 10:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9402 users

SC2 Beta Rank? - Page 5

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 23:30:29
April 30 2010 23:30 GMT
#81
i choose "beginner", did the 5 1v1 placement games yesterday, 3 wins, 2 losses : Bronze, 87th division :o
o choro é livre
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
May 01 2010 00:22 GMT
#82
On May 01 2010 07:24 StewKer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 01 2010 06:26 7mk wrote:
On May 01 2010 04:19 redtooth wrote:
On May 01 2010 01:11 plan3t wrote:
I was Silver before the last ladder reset, but after restarting yesterday I went 5-0 in the placements and got put in Plat.
4 wins later I'm 9-0 and at the top in my ladder.
Take advantage of the easy Platinum while it lasts;;
bullshit. since when is 9-0 top of ladder?


it can be enough for top of the ladder right after the reset dont you think?


New league divisions are being made daily, even hourly or quicker, at the rate the beta is growing. It is perfectly reasonable that in a brand new division that 9-0 would be placing first.


yeah thats true as well
beep boop
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
May 01 2010 01:59 GMT
#83
On May 01 2010 06:23 Sc2ggRise wrote:
the distribution seems backwards >.<

though this is a site full of sc2 fanatics, so maybe it's not completely surprising? still, seems like the wrong distribution.


why? as people said it's ridiculously easy to get into platinum, even the competent D level players can do it
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
TheMick
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain164 Posts
May 01 2010 02:47 GMT
#84
maybe they'll rearrange the ladder system so its harder to get there. thou probably wont happen til the game is launched
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/265104/1/HyperioN/ My SC2 profile!
lxginverse
Profile Joined May 2008
Monaco1506 Posts
May 01 2010 02:50 GMT
#85
still sitting on silver....

2v2 copper... and i never had a good ally haha
fromis_9 enjoyer
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
May 01 2010 03:13 GMT
#86
D- Iccup and I'm ranked number 1 platinum in my division. 40apm protoss here.
orgolove
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Vatican City State1650 Posts
May 01 2010 03:25 GMT
#87
How is that possible? 40apm with platinum 1?

I got gold, and it's pretty tough...
초대 갓, 이영호 | First God, Lee Young Ho
hacpee
Profile Joined November 2007
United States752 Posts
May 01 2010 04:14 GMT
#88
On May 01 2010 12:25 orgolove wrote:
How is that possible? 40apm with platinum 1?

I got gold, and it's pretty tough...


Do you play protoss?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 04:46:45
May 01 2010 04:46 GMT
#89
Was in plat before the reset, got d/c'd from a couple of my placements and ended up in Bronze, I've moved up to the top of silver so far but I'm played out for today.

Platinum random 2v2.
knyttym
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States5797 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 05:13:07
May 01 2010 05:08 GMT
#90
On May 01 2010 12:25 orgolove wrote:
How is that possible? 40apm with platinum 1?

I got gold, and it's pretty tough...


There are like 90 platinum divisions which is totally ridiculous. There are divisions with <1200 point players as #1 and some have 1800+. I was just thinking of this yesterday when I was looking at a friends division. Top 25 in my division would top his division because of how new it was. I was also thinking those people who top division with like 1100 points are going to brag about #1 plat which now means squat.

ELO is also retarded because of the problems they had with the system. Some had bonus pools of 600+ and got like 1800 points in 2 days. Others are always favored gaining 20+ a game and losing -4 while the unlucky last few are getting +10/-10 per game on average.

Once the ELO is fixed then the complete compiled US server rankings should be the best indicators of level. It's where I always looked to indicate how far I've come up through the rankings.
DrDave
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1 Post
May 01 2010 06:42 GMT
#91
Before I got my key, I played the offline thing for a few games, learned the basic strategies of doing a fast expand Zerg - quick harass with 2 zerglings, then turtle up and build roaches and hydras. Then when I feel it's about right, I rush. Very formulaic and sort of brainless - I still make lots of mistakes in my build orders, and my APM seldom exceeds 60. I know a few keyboard shortcuts, but not all of them.....

After I got my beta key, I got online, played Zerg for 5 placement games and won all 5 with my formulaic build and rush order. After the 5 games, I've been placed into the Platinum league.

IMO, someone like me who wins the 5 placement games should be placed into Gold league, then once proven, promoted into Platinum. I've not played a game since I've been placed into the Platinum league. I think I'll just be roadkill there.

Power Overwhelming
keNNabis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada159 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-01 07:21:00
May 01 2010 07:20 GMT
#92
platinum, easily, just macro like bw
I ARE VANCOUVER CANUCK
zZygote
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada898 Posts
May 01 2010 07:49 GMT
#93
Gold 2v2 rank 82
Silver rank 4 (was gold 30)
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
May 01 2010 08:59 GMT
#94
I was wondering if more placement matches would be somewhat helpful, about 10 or so. Fixed elo system and pyramidal decrease of the number of players going up the divisions to go with it would make a pretty good battle.net ranking system I`d say. I believe Blizzard will not disappoint and change it.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
May 01 2010 10:05 GMT
#95
On April 30 2010 15:12 Bosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2010 12:33 SoMuchBetter wrote:
as someone that climbed through the divisions and is now in platnium, theyre pretty much all the same


Except the people that are not in platinum don't win as much.... o.O

I have redone my placement games 5 times and have gone 25-0 in the placement games. Placement games are almost always against copper, bronze, some silver, and a few gold. Pretty sure there is a difference as I have about a 60% win rate in platinum probably.

i think the skill grows exponentially as you get higher and higher in platnium
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
writer22816
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States5775 Posts
May 01 2010 13:24 GMT
#96
On May 01 2010 12:13 hacpee wrote:
D- Iccup and I'm ranked number 1 platinum in my division. 40apm protoss here.


How is it even possible to have 40 apm lol.

Anyway, from reading the comments it sounds like anyone halfway decent would be on Platinum. So if you're not, surrender beta key to another TL member please
8/4/12 never forget, never forgive.
Nagashh
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1 Post
May 01 2010 15:27 GMT
#97
yeh its ez to get in platinium atm because theres no ppl playing SC2. wait untill the full game is out then its gona be challengin.
Quebec
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
May 01 2010 15:47 GMT
#98
On May 02 2010 00:27 Nagashh wrote:
yeh its ez to get in platinium atm because theres no ppl playing SC2. wait untill the full game is out then its gona be challengin.


Theres LOTS of people playing the Beta.
The ranking stuff just need to be fixed.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
Lovin
Profile Joined May 2009
Denmark812 Posts
May 01 2010 16:31 GMT
#99
I joined the community last year, in July or something, and I never really got into starcraft: BW... Now, I find myself having to admit that I'm only in bronzeleague
AKA SuddenSalad
enigamI
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada385 Posts
May 01 2010 18:53 GMT
#100
Hi, I'm another one of the sc newbies. Bronze league after placement and a few games. Consistently beating other bronze players, consistantly losing to silver. Was a competitive counter strike player, going from that to sc2 is very stressful
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 120
PiLiPiLi 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1050
White-Ra 160
NaDa 62
Hyuk 60
Noble 51
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4981
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g8145
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0328
ViBE64
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21321
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 10m
Online Event
9h 10m
FEL
14h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.