• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)61Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9044 users

SC2 Beta Rank? - Page 3

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
April 30 2010 08:01 GMT
#41
Everyone knows that everyone is in plat, the rest are just thinking they are funny by voting for a different league.
I'll call Nada.
ondik
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Czech Republic2908 Posts
April 30 2010 08:36 GMT
#42
lolol elitists
Bisu. The one and only. // Save the cheerreaver, save the world (of SC2)
Shrine
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Australia107 Posts
April 30 2010 08:52 GMT
#43
I'm mentally in Platinum does that count ^^
Hell is empty, All the devils are here.
JDizz6688
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States177 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 09:30:08
April 30 2010 09:26 GMT
#44
Platinum 2v2. don't play too much only with friends every once in awhile. i miss bw zerg Where's my lurkers and muta micro?? QQ
JDizzPANiC.806 Diamond Z NA Let's SC 2
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
April 30 2010 09:43 GMT
#45
platinum in 1v1 and 2v2
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
April 30 2010 10:08 GMT
#46
ofc we are all in platinum
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 10:33:52
April 30 2010 10:31 GMT
#47
Platinum = all competent gamers
Gold = people too slow to play RTS games
Silver = slow and not very smart either
Copper = type with 1 finger, never played a PC game before
Bronze = some form of pysical or mental retardation
+ Show Spoiler +
I joke, elitist enough for ya? :/
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
10or10
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Sweden517 Posts
April 30 2010 10:35 GMT
#48
On April 30 2010 19:31 Klive5ive wrote:
Gold = people too slow to play RTS games

Well its true for me. Got to D+ with Zerg, on iCCup before sc2beta.
Now I play Random since the last reset, I basicly know what to do but I cant keep up with multitasking.
|| @10or10 || 이영호 이제동 - 화이팅 ^^ ||
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
April 30 2010 10:47 GMT
#49
this just shows you how easy sc2 is
+ Show Spoiler +
*compared to sc* dont hurt me

"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 10:52:32
April 30 2010 10:52 GMT
#50
On April 30 2010 19:35 10or10 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2010 19:31 Klive5ive wrote:
Gold = people too slow to play RTS games

Well its true for me. Got to D+ with Zerg, on iCCup before sc2beta.
Now I play Random since the last reset, I basicly know what to do but I cant keep up with multitasking.


yes THANK YOU. this thread was starting to make me feel bad.
Same for me I was D+/C- Zerg on iccup, but playing random makes everything much harder so I'm only gold instead of platinum.
I'm sure that will change as soon as I pick a race.
beep boop
SuperDoremon
Profile Joined March 2010
United States20 Posts
April 30 2010 11:03 GMT
#51
feel like a retard for being in bronze now ...
araged
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic189 Posts
April 30 2010 11:11 GMT
#52
On April 30 2010 20:03 SuperDoremon wrote:
feel like a retard for being in bronze now ...


Don't, you won't stay there for long, since this is a joke system. You can climb up through divisions so quick and the placement is pretty much useless. I haven't played SC in 7 years, played some W3 but it was too micro oriented and I haven't invested much time into it so no decent skill level. After placement matches I was placed with 1-4 into Copper (hell yes...). I thought it's standart, that you have to climb through (wrong...). Anyway, in 3 days of play I'm top 4 in my silver divison waiting for gold transfer (this is roughly equal to my skill: silver / gold). So you won't stay there for long, if you invest just a little time to do some research and ofc a lot of practice. There are many noob players, who never played RTS and all they do is one base wall in with cannons and teching for the most expensive units. Or console players for the worse.
heh?
Kalaspappa
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden3 Posts
April 30 2010 11:12 GMT
#53
Everyone who's registered on this site probably knows more about Sc than 95% of the players so it's no wonder so many are in plat.

A couple of months ago I didn't even know that there was such a thing as "build x building when drone amount = y"
And that there were people who actually build more than 3 rax/whatever and not qeue 5 units in all of your buildings :p

And I'm probably the norm 'cause alot of players played equal with me
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
April 30 2010 11:27 GMT
#54
plat is quite easy...
zvz is imba
hasuprotoss
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States4681 Posts
April 30 2010 12:31 GMT
#55
Plat but definitely too noob to be considered platinum if they actually structured their leagues like a pyramid or something.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?viewdays=0&show_part=5 <--- Articles Section on TL
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
April 30 2010 13:07 GMT
#56
Plat before reset, gold after - my rage against 6rax reaper --> marauder with bunker inbase knows no boundaries (j/k - I probably should've scouted better).
SteffoDeffo
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany48 Posts
April 30 2010 13:20 GMT
#57
platinum
StewKer
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States301 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 23:55:41
April 30 2010 13:54 GMT
#58
One reason why this poll is so heavy towards platinum is 'cause this is TL.net. First, most of the people that are active on this forum are good at Starcraft already. Second, even though TL is a big thing in the community especially in SC:BW, only a fraction of the total SC2 community comes here. The SC2 community and beta users are exploding. Last night there were almost 9000 games being played simultaneously on Bnet2.0. That likely puts the people online, which I don't remember exactly, at near 25k-30k.

If this poll were to be on the battle.net forums you would probably see a very different break-down of the leagues. I'm almost certain there are more people in the lower leagues than there are in platinum and gold. For example I have a friend who is in bronze and did his placement matches about the same time as me ( I waited awhile after reset). I placed platinum and got Division 31, he placed bronze and got Division 72 or something. I believe division's are created as more people get into the individual leagues. That means then that at the time we placed, which was a a few days ago now, there were 3100 people in plat and 7200 in bronze.

So yeah, the majority of people do not place in platinum as this poll may suggest. This poll is skewed due to it being on TL. Is it maybe too easy still to get into plat, yeah probably, I think we need more placement matches, 5 is too few in my eyes. But that's not to say that EVERYONE or even a majority get into platinum or even gold.
HerO Fan! || Coming back to SC2 is like finding an old friend!
Nonymus
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany6 Posts
April 30 2010 13:59 GMT
#59
On April 30 2010 19:31 Klive5ive wrote:
Copper = type with 1 finger, never played a PC game before
Bronze = some form of pysical or mental retardation

Not Knowing Bronze is ranked higher than Copper = priceless
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-30 14:18:57
April 30 2010 14:18 GMT
#60
I'm in gold.

I quit BW a year or two after it came out, and I never really knew a competitive scene existed. I'm one of the dreaded SC2 imports to the community. But I've really really enjoyed watching and reading the various TL events/posts since I've been here, and I feel like I'm learning a ton. I'm even watching the Korean BW VoDs now, I'm addicted. This is the first RTS I've played player versus player.

So.. be gentle?
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft0
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta18
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 74
ViBE74
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 187
Hyuk 62
Noble 46
NaDa 24
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
League of Legends
Doublelift4786
Counter-Strike
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox107
Mew2King64
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5748
Khaldor693
Other Games
summit1g8019
FrodaN2053
shahzam509
Coldzera 372
JimRising 353
C9.Mang0282
KnowMe263
ArmadaUGS96
ZombieGrub93
Trikslyr44
PPMD33
CosmosSc2 13
PiGStarcraft0
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick164
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH349
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21176
Other Games
• imaqtpie796
• Shiphtur157
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
10h 58m
Online Event
11h 58m
FEL
16h 58m
AI Arena Tournament
17h 58m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
19h 58m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 10h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-01
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Proleague 2026-10-02
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.