• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:50
CEST 03:50
KST 10:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9487 users

SC2 Beta Rank? - Page 7

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
iCCup.riffe
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden23 Posts
May 02 2010 20:58 GMT
#121
Plat ofc! :D, was in gold tho before reset ^.^ but that was with no practise at all :D... Hmm hope that blizzard make Starcraft 2 open beta soon in the future :d.... Btw so many in plat league?? :o, I thought I where special xd....
[url=http://sc2sig.com/profile/eu/218656/1/Riffe/][img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/218656-1.png[/img][/url] [url=http://sc2sig.com]get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com[/url]
iCCup.riffe
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden23 Posts
May 02 2010 21:05 GMT
#122
On May 02 2010 06:44 mtvacuum wrote:
i went 4-1 in 1v1 and got placed in plat, i went 4-1 in 2v2 and got placed in silver lol.

Well I think the stacraft 2... Um... Engine??? Or system maybe, does not only look on wins and losses I think it goes for how you play and wins and losses, heard something like that somewhere.
[url=http://sc2sig.com/profile/eu/218656/1/Riffe/][img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/218656-1.png[/img][/url] [url=http://sc2sig.com]get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com[/url]
Spoerie
Profile Joined February 2010
Netherlands1 Post
May 02 2010 21:07 GMT
#123
On April 30 2010 08:08 Ideas wrote:
how could anyone not be in plat?


Easy, i'm slower than my granny on coke. So gold! And bloody proud of it! ^^
Do not underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
May 02 2010 22:08 GMT
#124
Plat is about D level starcraft. You might think that's nothing, but really a D player in SC is probably in like the 90th percentile overall
Chronopolis
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada1484 Posts
May 02 2010 22:42 GMT
#125
On May 03 2010 07:08 floor exercise wrote:
Plat is about D level starcraft. You might think that's nothing, but really a D player in SC is probably in like the 90th percentile overall


Overall, but if you are looking at the "road to the top" ladder, the 90 percentile looks mighty insignificant. The only reason why so many people are in platnium is because there are so many "new to rts//wow noobs" playing.
durecell
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom85 Posts
May 02 2010 23:18 GMT
#126
I don't feels so bad being in Silver anymore. Looks like there are quite a lot of us.
ramen-
Profile Joined September 2009
90 Posts
May 02 2010 23:41 GMT
#127
I love being in silver, no one seems to know what to do if their first attack doesn't work
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
May 02 2010 23:47 GMT
#128
On May 03 2010 08:41 ramen- wrote:
I love being in silver, no one seems to know what to do if their first attack doesn't work


exactly the same in 90% of the platinum games as well, protoss goes for some 1base all-in attack and when you defend it they ragequit
sur_reaL
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada278 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-03 00:48:07
May 03 2010 00:45 GMT
#129
I thought I would get placed in sliver (I voted for that too b/c at the time I didn't finish my placement matches) since I suck but I managed to win all five placement matches and got placed in plat (luckily right? or maybe not).

Here's the situation:
2/5 games, the player just left (no reason whatsoever, I wasn't even at an advantage); They were both ranked silver.
2/5 games, the opponent was bronze.
1/5 games, the opponent was unranked. (EDIT: Don't know about now but he/she was unranked when I faced him/her)

So now I'm gonna be stuck in plat. The strangest thing is that I never even faced any plat or gold players so how did I get placed in plat?

EDIT: For some reason, I can't view other people's profile anymore; I tried to check up on the unranked player but couldn't
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84
DemonSemen
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2 Posts
May 03 2010 01:39 GMT
#130
I'm only in Gold because I play Terran =P
finish like a boss
Rodiel
Profile Joined August 2006
France573 Posts
May 03 2010 02:17 GMT
#131
TL peoples represent all the platinium players T_T
rredtooth
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
5464 Posts
May 03 2010 03:04 GMT
#132
On May 03 2010 09:45 sur_reaL wrote:
I thought I would get placed in sliver (I voted for that too b/c at the time I didn't finish my placement matches) since I suck but I managed to win all five placement matches and got placed in plat (luckily right? or maybe not).

Here's the situation:
2/5 games, the player just left (no reason whatsoever, I wasn't even at an advantage); They were both ranked silver.
2/5 games, the opponent was bronze.
1/5 games, the opponent was unranked. (EDIT: Don't know about now but he/she was unranked when I faced him/her)

So now I'm gonna be stuck in plat. The strangest thing is that I never even faced any plat or gold players so how did I get placed in plat?

EDIT: For some reason, I can't view other people's profile anymore; I tried to check up on the unranked player but couldn't
but lets think about it this way. let's say somehow Idra got his account reset and played the same set of matches. he couldn't control the fact that he didn't play any plat or gold players. he just beat the players he got placed against. he'd be pretty upset that he didn't get in plat despite going undefeated in placement.

also if you really don't belong in plat then i'm sure you'll lose a few then drop to gold or wherever you belong. i guess you're one of the few people that got "unlucky" and placed into plat.
[formerly sponsored by the artist formerly known as Gene]
Cham
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
797 Posts
May 03 2010 05:28 GMT
#133
Copper.. Just got the beta today
Vikkekh
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden47 Posts
May 03 2010 09:57 GMT
#134
Drunk +"veteran" + placement matches = copper!
You're crazier than me, have a key!
intergalactic
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada428 Posts
May 03 2010 10:36 GMT
#135
I finally got a betakey yesterday. Yay, I don't have to monopolize my friend's account anymore!

Won 3 placements matches easily, but then I got matched up against a platinum player who was actually pretty damn good, and I got owned. Won the last one, so I got in Gold.

...This is to people saying that you can't be matched up against plat players in the placement matches. :[
If you value your soul, do not look into the eye of an horse
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
May 03 2010 11:28 GMT
#136
I only played 2 1v1 game at my friend house and ended 1-1 in Gold. I guess I could end up in Plat by playing more :~\
n_n
sur_reaL
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada278 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-03 12:31:35
May 03 2010 12:24 GMT
#137
On May 03 2010 12:04 redtooth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2010 09:45 sur_reaL wrote:
I thought I would get placed in sliver (I voted for that too b/c at the time I didn't finish my placement matches) since I suck but I managed to win all five placement matches and got placed in plat (luckily right? or maybe not).

Here's the situation:
2/5 games, the player just left (no reason whatsoever, I wasn't even at an advantage); They were both ranked silver.
2/5 games, the opponent was bronze.
1/5 games, the opponent was unranked. (EDIT: Don't know about now but he/she was unranked when I faced him/her)

So now I'm gonna be stuck in plat. The strangest thing is that I never even faced any plat or gold players so how did I get placed in plat?

EDIT: For some reason, I can't view other people's profile anymore; I tried to check up on the unranked player but couldn't
but lets think about it this way. let's say somehow Idra got his account reset and played the same set of matches. he couldn't control the fact that he didn't play any plat or gold players. he just beat the players he got placed against. he'd be pretty upset that he didn't get in plat despite going undefeated in placement.

also if you really don't belong in plat then i'm sure you'll lose a few then drop to gold or wherever you belong. i guess you're one of the few people that got "unlucky" and placed into plat.


Yeah I guess, but still is there any reason why Blizzard don't let me face plat or gold players. Shouldn't they at least have you face against a player in each league? Or make use of the question they ask you in the beginning about you being a beginner or pro or w/e.

PS: I like how everyone uses idra as an example :D

EDIT: The funny thing is my friend's better than me and he got placed in silver first time around (after the latest reset). He's now in gold (just got promoted).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84
iCCup.riffe
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden23 Posts
May 03 2010 13:57 GMT
#138
On May 03 2010 07:08 floor exercise wrote:
Plat is about D level starcraft. You might think that's nothing, but really a D player in SC is probably in like the 90th percentile overall

True, I'm a D ranked player, and I'm in plat league, that's insane. But I think I would be able to climb up quite easily right now because I've started to use cntr groups now, and apm is around 90ish out spam midgame :D...
[url=http://sc2sig.com/profile/eu/218656/1/Riffe/][img]http://sc2sig.com/s/eu/218656-1.png[/img][/url] [url=http://sc2sig.com]get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com[/url]
Sietsuhh
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands18 Posts
May 21 2010 11:07 GMT
#139
Really weird, I was rank 21 in silver in 1v1 with elo 1120, then i won a game, suddenly I'm in copper with elo 892?!?!?!!? What happened here?
Prev 1 5 6 7 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft441
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft441
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 120
PiLiPiLi 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1050
White-Ra 160
NaDa 62
Hyuk 60
Noble 51
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4981
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox637
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor734
Other Games
summit1g8145
Coldzera 874
C9.Mang0328
ViBE64
Mew2King43
ArmadaUGS39
Liquid`Ken2
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick500
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream73
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 87
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21321
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 11m
Online Event
9h 11m
FEL
14h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.