• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:20
CEST 09:20
KST 16:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8831 users

[TSL] Commentary Contest - Page 5

Forum Index > News
212 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
SoL[9]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Portugal1370 Posts
January 08 2010 00:10 GMT
#81
This really nice i would love to comment but sadly my english is so bad :D
Gl all
I Can Fly...
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
January 08 2010 00:17 GMT
#82
My mic. just broke again. This is bullshit. Good luck to everyone, hopefully I can get one done somehow.
Tom Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
1114 Posts
January 08 2010 00:20 GMT
#83
Although I have a snowball`s chance in hell of winning this contest, I am going to try and participate regardless. I have always wanted to try my hand in commentating and contests such as this are a perfect chance.

Established commentators will certainly have an advantage. Not just from the point of experience, but also due to their established fanbases (see "Klazart Authonomy controversy" for reference). Still, knowing Diggity, he will produce a commentary that can win the contest on it`s own merit just fine.
You and your "5 years of competitive RTS experience" can take a hike. - FrozenArbiter
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 00:57:29
January 08 2010 00:24 GMT
#84
Is dual commentaries allowed?

Edit: I need to learn to read. Answer is yes.
So wait? I'm bad? =(
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
January 08 2010 00:28 GMT
#85
On January 08 2010 07:44 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 07:40 micronesia wrote:
On January 08 2010 07:38 Response wrote:
can we do dual commentaries?

I'd assume yes but that makes the prize tricky if there is more than one tl user!

Mod answer?
Dual commentaries are okay, but we're not giving you two prizes

Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
Diggity
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States806 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 00:36:38
January 08 2010 00:35 GMT
#86
[edit for some spelling right quick]

I still dislike the entire "this commentator is better than that commentator" discussion.

It is an opinion and like all opinions it is exposed to a variety of factors that generate bias.

To flush this out a bit, the core bias I see on a regular basis is the player versus the spectator. If you play a ton of starcraft you usually don't view the games to be entertained. You view the games to copy builds and improve your play. For these viewers Day9 is by far the best caster since he is casting from an entirely technical perspective. I would expect the majority of active TL users to prefer day9 since they are looking for ways to improve their game.

The spectator on the other hand generally isn't interested in technical details. Spectators are more interested in whether or not Flash will beat Jaedong or if Boxer will ever return to a finals match.

In principle its the same reason I want G5 to win the TSL. G5 is a friend (how can I not root for a friend) G5 is American (so I am GO USA) G5 is awesome (how can you not root for an awesome guy).

There is nothing morally reprehensible about rooting for someone else, you will just be wrong. Also oranges are way better than bananas.
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
January 08 2010 00:47 GMT
#87
Are there any rules regarding dual commentaries, or things of the sort?
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Durak
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada3685 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 00:49:03
January 08 2010 00:48 GMT
#88
On January 08 2010 09:35 Diggity wrote:Also oranges are way better than bananas.


You just lost my vote.

Edit:
On January 08 2010 09:47 Superiorwolf wrote:
Are there any rules regarding dual commentaries, or things of the sort?


I think more people need to read the thread.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
January 08 2010 00:49 GMT
#89
On January 08 2010 09:35 Diggity wrote:
[edit for some spelling right quick]

I still dislike the entire "this commentator is better than that commentator" discussion.

It is an opinion and like all opinions it is exposed to a variety of factors that generate bias.

To flush this out a bit, the core bias I see on a regular basis is the player versus the spectator. If you play a ton of starcraft you usually don't view the games to be entertained. You view the games to copy builds and improve your play. For these viewers Day9 is by far the best caster since he is casting from an entirely technical perspective. I would expect the majority of active TL users to prefer day9 since they are looking for ways to improve their game.

The spectator on the other hand generally isn't interested in technical details. Spectators are more interested in whether or not Flash will beat Jaedong or if Boxer will ever return to a finals match.

In principle its the same reason I want G5 to win the TSL. G5 is a friend (how can I not root for a friend) G5 is American (so I am GO USA) G5 is awesome (how can you not root for an awesome guy).

There is nothing morally reprehensible about rooting for someone else, you will just be wrong. Also oranges are way better than bananas.

Hmm, I think there are plenty of people on TL don't play SC (anymore). For example I pretty much stopped playing SC years ago and even when I played I never played really competitively. And I still prefer technical commentaries by far.

Agreed on oranges tho! :p
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
January 08 2010 00:57 GMT
#90
On January 08 2010 09:48 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 09:35 Diggity wrote:Also oranges are way better than bananas.


You just lost my vote.

Edit:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 09:47 Superiorwolf wrote:
Are there any rules regarding dual commentaries, or things of the sort?


I think more people need to read the thread.

sorry i was skimming and missed it thanks
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
Psyonic_Reaver
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
United States4343 Posts
January 08 2010 00:57 GMT
#91
Ah. I missed what Plexa wrote. Thanks!
So wait? I'm bad? =(
GoodRamen
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States713 Posts
January 08 2010 00:59 GMT
#92
Cholera and Husky will most likely win
#1 Fantasy Fan!!!!
jkim89
Profile Joined December 2009
United States9 Posts
January 08 2010 01:01 GMT
#93
Diggity is saying his audience is mostly people who watch starcraft for fun instead of watching to improve and learn all the technical details, which I agree. Day9 is ok but he doesn't provide the positive energy Diggity does and gets lost too much in the technical details. Most of Diggity's audience couldn't care less about the difference between a 6 pool and a 8 pool, they watch starcraft for the excitement and spectacle. If you wanna know if Savior 8 pooled or not watch Day9, sorry to repeat but I feel most people aren't aware of the difference between the two group.
micronesia
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States24803 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 01:08:52
January 08 2010 01:08 GMT
#94
On January 08 2010 10:01 jkim89 wrote:
Diggity is saying his audience is mostly people who watch starcraft for fun instead of watching to improve and learn all the technical details, which I agree. Day9 is ok but he doesn't provide the positive energy Diggity does
COMPLETELY DISAGREE. How can you possibly not agree with me about the fact that Day[9] has more positive energy than you can imagine?
and gets lost too much in the technical details.
Getting lost because you don't understand it at all isn't the same as the commentator doing something wrong which Day does not.
Most of Diggity's audience couldn't care less about the difference between a 6 pool and a 8 pool, they watch starcraft for the excitement and spectacle.
Complete exaggeration... do you even watch starcraft?
If you wanna know if Savior 8 pooled or not watch Day9, sorry to repeat but I feel most people aren't aware of the difference between the two group.

Again your point is terrible.
ModeratorThere are animal crackers for people and there are people crackers for animals.
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
January 08 2010 01:11 GMT
#95
awesome, looking forward to some great Ro48 VODs
✌
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 08 2010 01:22 GMT
#96
Going to be participating!

I hope I do alright >_<
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
wadadde
Profile Joined February 2009
270 Posts
January 08 2010 01:27 GMT
#97
On January 08 2010 09:35 Diggity wrote:
[edit for some spelling right quick]
...For these viewers Day9 is by far the best caster since he is casting from an entirely technical perspective...

take it back!
day9 is also entertaining as fuck.. throwing in asides and giggling like a little bitch when a "bzillion" probes go down,..
I don't know how many actual commentaries you've seen of day9.. don't confuse them with his 'Day9 Daylies' (or whatever he calls them). His commentary is just superior. The only thing that can tip the balance any other way is 'style'. If you find his rants/voice/jokes annoying then it's totally fine to prefer someone else.
I'm telling people how they are allowed to think now.. lol.. awesome
RLTY
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States965 Posts
January 08 2010 01:29 GMT
#98
So as voters, we're going to have to watch the same games over and over and over again just to vote on some commentaries? lol... I don't think anyone that's not already a non-TL caster will will.
Last Romantic
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States20667 Posts
January 08 2010 01:31 GMT
#99
play by plays are utterly unnecessary; i prefer listening to near-unintelligible korean. it makes me feel more intelligent.

day[9], artosis, and chill to an extent do a much much much better job. incomparable, really.
ㅋㄲㅈㅁ
Crt
Profile Joined November 2009
247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 01:46:58
January 08 2010 01:38 GMT
#100
So who were the ones commentating on Flash vs. Calm series?

That's exactly the professional casting I was referring to:

as in:
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2783
Rain 1799
FanTaSy 503
GuemChi 304
sSak 86
Mong 75
Bale 38
Hm[arnc] 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Noble 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Other Games
summit1g7852
olofmeister320
Happy157
KnowMe133
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick727
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2218
League of Legends
• Rush1216
• Lourlo1145
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur926
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 40m
INu's Battles
3h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 40m
OSC
14h 55m
Replay Cast
15h 40m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.