• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:49
CEST 19:49
KST 02:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

[TSL] Commentary Contest - Page 7

Forum Index > News
212 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Crt
Profile Joined November 2009
247 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 03:28:06
January 08 2010 03:26 GMT
#121
On January 08 2010 10:55 jkim89 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 10:38 Crt wrote:
So who were the ones commentating on Flash vs. Calm series?

That's exactly the professional casting I was referring to:

as in:



good link crt, moletrap is awesome



Thanks, but I thought there were 2 commentators. Who's the other one?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 03:47:31
January 08 2010 03:45 GMT
#122
jkim89 was banned because he's actually a TL regular on an alternate account trolling this thread.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
siv00
Profile Joined September 2009
261 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 03:48:32
January 08 2010 03:47 GMT
#123
Day9 isn't just vastly better from a technical perspective than SC2GG commentators, he's a lot more funny/engaging also. He's simply the best.

Cholera might be comparable in terms of being entertaining, and Diggity might compare in a technical sense. A dual commentary with those two might compare somewhat favorably with Day's stuff.

Moletrap is just bad across the board.
green2000
Profile Joined October 2009
Peru79 Posts
January 08 2010 04:02 GMT
#124
yeah I want to vote fot NukeTheStars!!! ^^ i hope he will go ^^ he rock Cx
Fenix all the way!
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 08 2010 04:04 GMT
#125
Damn, this contest is becoming a popularity contest...
Imagist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia484 Posts
January 08 2010 04:09 GMT
#126
I may submit an entry, though I have to admit, this thread doesn't give me much hope for even getting constructive feedback out of it.
I enjoy Starcraft when I'm not too busy being dynamic and attractive.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
January 08 2010 04:12 GMT
#127
On January 08 2010 13:09 Imagist wrote:
I may submit an entry, though I have to admit, this thread doesn't give me much hope for even getting constructive feedback out of it.

Don't worry!

There will be feedback, and people will definitely listen to your commentary.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Imagist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia484 Posts
January 08 2010 04:25 GMT
#128
On January 08 2010 13:12 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 13:09 Imagist wrote:
I may submit an entry, though I have to admit, this thread doesn't give me much hope for even getting constructive feedback out of it.

Don't worry!

There will be feedback, and people will definitely listen to your commentary.


I'm sure of both of those, it was the "constructive" part I was emphasizing in my previous comment. While all the opinions put forward about commentators in this thread are valid (as subective opinions, of which I have more than a few), most of them are also dismaying and something of a put-off.
I enjoy Starcraft when I'm not too busy being dynamic and attractive.
RyanS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States620 Posts
January 08 2010 04:57 GMT
#129
On January 08 2010 13:02 green2000 wrote:
yeah I want to vote fot NukeTheStars!!! ^^ i hope he will go ^^ he rock Cx


How can you want to vote for him when you haven't even heard his entry yet? o.O
OmgIRok
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Taiwan2699 Posts
January 08 2010 05:12 GMT
#130
So if a dual commentary wins we can split the Hwaseung jacket right?
"Wanna join my [combo] clan?" "We play turret d competitively"
siv00
Profile Joined September 2009
261 Posts
January 08 2010 05:20 GMT
#131
On January 08 2010 13:57 RyanS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 13:02 green2000 wrote:
yeah I want to vote fot NukeTheStars!!! ^^ i hope he will go ^^ he rock Cx


How can you want to vote for him when you haven't even heard his entry yet? o.O

He likes him and will vote for him no matter what. This is going to be the case with most people who vote.
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
January 08 2010 05:32 GMT
#132
On January 08 2010 13:04 LunarDestiny wrote:
Damn, this contest is becoming a popularity contest...


Yeah I gotta admit, the idea is great and all but anybody who is already a commentator basically will win simply from all the fanboy votes. The voting system doesn't really seem fair, since whatever husky or some other commentator will throw out will get voted for.

Then again I don't know and can't think of another voting system that would be more even.

Just thought I would mention this.
lazz
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia3119 Posts
January 08 2010 05:36 GMT
#133
POLITICAL ELECTIONS ARE STUPID COS THEYRE JUST POPULARITY CONTESTS
LunarDestiny
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States4177 Posts
January 08 2010 05:39 GMT
#134
On January 08 2010 14:32 resonance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2010 13:04 LunarDestiny wrote:
Damn, this contest is becoming a popularity contest...


Yeah I gotta admit, the idea is great and all but anybody who is already a commentator basically will win simply from all the fanboy votes. The voting system doesn't really seem fair, since whatever husky or some other commentator will throw out will get voted for.

Then again I don't know and can't think of another voting system that would be more even.

Just thought I would mention this.


We can... do what the SC2GG commentator idol did...
50% from TL user votes and 50% from the "appointed judges"
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
January 08 2010 05:43 GMT
#135
What do you do if you already have Camtasia? Would I just do it as if I were recording myself play?
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
jalstar
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States8198 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-09 04:44:38
January 08 2010 06:03 GMT
#136
I don't know why people say the SC2GG commentators have no game knowledge, the only mistakes I've heard are in very early Klazart commentaries.

Like, multiple youtube commentators were able to see that Stork was going carriers against Flash from the cybernetics core spinning, and the Korean commentators still screamed when they saw the fleet beacon.
agen
Profile Joined October 2008
Barbados111 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 06:08:40
January 08 2010 06:08 GMT
#137
Got two TL.net accounts with over 10 posts? Don't bother trying to vote twice, we know how to catch you!



Damnit!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-01-08 06:37:26
January 08 2010 06:36 GMT
#138
Hooray, arguing! Anyways no need to enter because I'm going to crush this contest very easily.
Moderator
integral
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3161 Posts
January 08 2010 06:52 GMT
#139
On January 08 2010 15:36 Chill wrote:
Hooray, arguing! Anyways no need to enter because I'm going to crush this contest very easily.

INELIGIBLE; PLEASE CONSULT AN ADMIN

kekeke
CakeOrI)eath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States327 Posts
January 08 2010 07:16 GMT
#140
After hardcore lurking in these forums for several months I'm now crazy sad I haven't been posting this whole time. I have no doubt my comentary would suck but it would be really fun to try... I might just do it even if I'm not eligible to recieve votes.

Is there any chance that reading 10k+ posts will get me in?
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 494
UpATreeSC 120
ProTech59
JuggernautJason30
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33200
Calm 3361
Shuttle 1111
actioN 223
firebathero 179
Hyuk 114
Barracks 110
Dewaltoss 104
Liquid`Ret 69
Hyun 31
[ Show more ]
Free 26
Aegong 24
HiyA 23
Bale 22
soO 20
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8414
Dendi1083
XaKoH 358
Fuzer 114
League of Legends
KnowMe84
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1038
fl0m1037
x6flipin544
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu7
Other Games
singsing2270
FrodaN1412
Beastyqt697
ceh9371
B2W.Neo365
mouzStarbuck278
Livibee190
byalli178
C9.Mang0138
RotterdaM110
Trikslyr76
Mew2King49
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV406
Other Games
• Shiphtur887
• imaqtpie602
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 26m
Replay Cast
5h 11m
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.