• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:13
CEST 13:13
KST 20:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8018 users

Bandwagon Broodwar - Page 4

Forum Index > News
203 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
drivec
Profile Joined May 2009
United States354 Posts
October 19 2009 16:31 GMT
#61
On October 20 2009 00:14 Sunyveil wrote:
BackHo is still the best player on the planet in my book.



<3 backho he may not always win but all his games are fun to watch. never plays the same twice it seems.
starcraft is chess at warp speed
iFU.pauline
Profile Joined September 2009
France1768 Posts
October 19 2009 16:39 GMT
#62
"And it sucked when Brood War players could only control one group of units and had 2000/1000 in the bank after microing a group of marines for two minutes (hi BoxeR). It sucked when Brood War players had to specifically design a strategy around not making a lot of workers because they were just that bad at macro (hi YellOw)."

this comment sucks a lot.

and btw i found the game funnier to play back then coze we weren't really stuck with a fast expand almost always necessarily which made most of the mu with terran and protoss much more aggressive...That doesn't mean we don't enjoy starcraft game play present day...

Now about the old players, no need to talk how low was the level 8 years ago, we all know that Flash Jaedong SkyHigh are now far better, but we can grant the fact that players such as Boxer, fOru GORUSH wtf... are still here and still all have some very good mu, gorush can still take down ANY FUCKIN BODY he's doing army and he's the same guy that won WCG 2000...

And you call them grand pa while every time you see a bunker rush you see boxer, every time you see carrier you see Grrrr...

It's not like we don't acknowledge new good players, Calm is the next fury and Flash is going God Mode.

No coward soul is mine, No trembler in the world's storm-troubled sphere, I see Heaven's glories shine, And Faith shines equal arming me from Fear
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
October 19 2009 16:49 GMT
#63
Um... we all know eStro are gonna win so I'm just gonna hop on that bandwagon.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8135 Posts
October 19 2009 16:50 GMT
#64
I have no idea who this guy is but I know he's better than Boxer.

Hilarious although somewhat sad. I really liked this article more than the Backseat Broodwar, just because it's more in line with the way I feel. I have alot of respect for old gamers, but I would much rather watch Flash play than Boxer or Nada play. Much rather watch Bisu play than Nal_Ra. Personally I thought Heritage was pretty boring minus Boxer/Yellow and I've always been sort of annoyed by the whole "remember the days where Gods walked amongst us", "there's a reason Bisu, Jaedong, Flash call so-so hyung"... kind of talk. Yeah it's cause they're older. And of course respected, but not every fan has to pretend to be excited to see old gamers play now just so they don't look like bandwagoners.

And do I get excited when I open up the OSL or MSL offline prelim threads to see if Boxer or Yellow advanced? Of course. Would Boxer or Yellow getting to the semis or finals of a Starleague be way more exciting/epic than Flash getting there? Hell yes. I would kill to see a comeback like that. But that would imply they got good again.. and until that happens, I don't really care to see too many of their games. That's just the truth.

On a side note, I still really enjoyed reading backseat broodwar and it's annoying that everyone is hating on it. Both of these articles are not entirely serious and should be read as entertainment with a bit of food for thought. Loved it Hot_Bid!
disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
October 19 2009 16:52 GMT
#65
I like the reference to ACE and the players there cause the chances of ACE and CJ to win the Proleague are dead even
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 16:56:37
October 19 2009 16:52 GMT
#66
Great article. Elitism is understandable when it's based on one group's ability over another, but it makes no sense in regard to fandom. You can't be better at liking something than someone else.

It always annoyed me when people say that they're "true" fans, or that they like a team or player for the "right" reasons. There's no reason to shit all over someone else's enjoyment of the game.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
October 19 2009 16:55 GMT
#67
Ahhhhh, controversy!

*brings out the popcorn*
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 19 2009 16:55 GMT
#68
On October 20 2009 01:50 Vasoline73 wrote:
I have no idea who this guy is but I know he's better than Boxer.

Hilarious although somewhat sad. I really liked this article more than the Backseat Broodwar, just because it's more in line with the way I feel. I have alot of respect for old gamers, but I would much rather watch Flash play than Boxer or Nada play. Much rather watch Bisu play than Nal_Ra. Personally I thought Heritage was pretty boring minus Boxer/Yellow and I've always been sort of annoyed by the whole "remember the days where Gods walked amongst us", "there's a reason Bisu, Jaedong, Flash call so-so hyung"... kind of talk. Yeah it's cause they're older. And of course respected, but not every fan has to pretend to be excited to see old gamers play now just so they don't look like bandwagoners.

And do I get excited when I open up the OSL or MSL offline prelim threads to see if Boxer or Yellow advanced? Of course. Would Boxer or Yellow getting to the semis or finals of a Starleague be way more exciting/epic than Flash getting there? Hell yes. I would kill to see a comeback like that. But that would imply they got good again.. and until that happens, I don't really care to see too many of their games. That's just the truth.

On a side note, I still really enjoyed reading backseat broodwar and it's annoying that everyone is hating on it. Both of these articles are not entirely serious and should be read as entertainment with a bit of food for thought. Loved it Hot_Bid!

Word. Its possible to respect older players while still liking newer ones. I think the other article tried to say that but it got drowned out by a chorus of fast-twitch fans that just read the article wrong.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
nomyst
Profile Joined January 2009
Sweden2 Posts
October 19 2009 16:57 GMT
#69
I think i just became a Hot_Bid fanboy. :D
Hasta la victoria siempre
Gustav_Wind
Profile Joined July 2008
United States646 Posts
October 19 2009 16:59 GMT
#70
Fantastic article.

Hot_Bid is the best staff writer by a mile.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
October 19 2009 17:06 GMT
#71
lol a new chapter in the TL Catechisme, How to Cheer and Why. I don't need anyone to tell me what to like, but this was a fun article though.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
October 19 2009 17:10 GMT
#72
Thanks for this. This was one of my criticisms of backseat BW.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
eMbrace
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States1300 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 17:16:40
October 19 2009 17:14 GMT
#73
Really now? Did we have to go there again?

"Good read" does not translate to "I agree with your article and therefore I enjoyed it." Stop putting people below you.

I actually disagreed with several points, such as calling savior a bad player, when he's actually a pretty solid Z compared to many -- just no longer dominant. This is why I took this article humoursly because I understood the general message you were trying to get across, even though your points were a bit far fetched.

Some old players are pretty bad, but there are a good few who still play solid Starcraft, and as long as they are getting paid to play they have the right to be criticized and comapred to current, more skillful players.

So yes, I enjoyed reading your article for the simple reason that it was well presented. Deal with it.

disciple
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
9071 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 17:23:31
October 19 2009 17:15 GMT
#74
On October 20 2009 01:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 01:50 Vasoline73 wrote:
I have no idea who this guy is but I know he's better than Boxer.

Hilarious although somewhat sad. I really liked this article more than the Backseat Broodwar, just because it's more in line with the way I feel. I have alot of respect for old gamers, but I would much rather watch Flash play than Boxer or Nada play. Much rather watch Bisu play than Nal_Ra. Personally I thought Heritage was pretty boring minus Boxer/Yellow and I've always been sort of annoyed by the whole "remember the days where Gods walked amongst us", "there's a reason Bisu, Jaedong, Flash call so-so hyung"... kind of talk. Yeah it's cause they're older. And of course respected, but not every fan has to pretend to be excited to see old gamers play now just so they don't look like bandwagoners.

And do I get excited when I open up the OSL or MSL offline prelim threads to see if Boxer or Yellow advanced? Of course. Would Boxer or Yellow getting to the semis or finals of a Starleague be way more exciting/epic than Flash getting there? Hell yes. I would kill to see a comeback like that. But that would imply they got good again.. and until that happens, I don't really care to see too many of their games. That's just the truth.

On a side note, I still really enjoyed reading backseat broodwar and it's annoying that everyone is hating on it. Both of these articles are not entirely serious and should be read as entertainment with a bit of food for thought. Loved it Hot_Bid!

Word. Its possible to respect older players while still liking newer ones. I think the other article tried to say that but it got drowned out by a chorus of fast-twitch fans that just read the article wrong.

so its the readers fault

An article is not a poem or any sort of work of art. If ppl understand the words inside too directly or simply doesnt like whats written, its not a sign of bad writing quality. I dont see why ppl should auto-like and approve the statements in the article. If you love what you've done and think about it "damn, I'm so good and everything I sad is 100% correct" it doesnt mean I should think the same.
Administrator"I'm a big deal." - ixmike88
Divinek
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Canada4045 Posts
October 19 2009 17:16 GMT
#75
I hardly ever read an article entirely, but I had to for this one. Just so captivating and true. Very great stuff.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Oh goodness me, FOX tv where do you get your sight? Can't you keep track, the puck is black. That's why the ice is white.
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8135 Posts
October 19 2009 17:23 GMT
#76
On October 20 2009 02:15 disciple wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 01:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
On October 20 2009 01:50 Vasoline73 wrote:
I have no idea who this guy is but I know he's better than Boxer.

Hilarious although somewhat sad. I really liked this article more than the Backseat Broodwar, just because it's more in line with the way I feel. I have alot of respect for old gamers, but I would much rather watch Flash play than Boxer or Nada play. Much rather watch Bisu play than Nal_Ra. Personally I thought Heritage was pretty boring minus Boxer/Yellow and I've always been sort of annoyed by the whole "remember the days where Gods walked amongst us", "there's a reason Bisu, Jaedong, Flash call so-so hyung"... kind of talk. Yeah it's cause they're older. And of course respected, but not every fan has to pretend to be excited to see old gamers play now just so they don't look like bandwagoners.

And do I get excited when I open up the OSL or MSL offline prelim threads to see if Boxer or Yellow advanced? Of course. Would Boxer or Yellow getting to the semis or finals of a Starleague be way more exciting/epic than Flash getting there? Hell yes. I would kill to see a comeback like that. But that would imply they got good again.. and until that happens, I don't really care to see too many of their games. That's just the truth.

On a side note, I still really enjoyed reading backseat broodwar and it's annoying that everyone is hating on it. Both of these articles are not entirely serious and should be read as entertainment with a bit of food for thought. Loved it Hot_Bid!

Word. Its possible to respect older players while still liking newer ones. I think the other article tried to say that but it got drowned out by a chorus of fast-twitch fans that just read the article wrong.

so its the readers fault

An article is not a poem or any sort of work of art. If ppl understand the words inside too directly or simply doesnt like whats written, its not a sign of bad writing quality. I dont see why ppl should auto-like and approve the statements in the article. If you love what you've done and think about it "damn, I'm so good and everything I sad is 100% correct" it doesnt mean I should think same.

Yeah because Hot_Bid totally said "damn I'm the man 100% yoyo"

It's not disrespecting old gamers at all assuming that's what you're mad about and I think that's pretty obvious
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
October 19 2009 17:24 GMT
#77
good read
TwilightStar
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States649 Posts
October 19 2009 17:25 GMT
#78
No offense, but this is the worst article I've ever read...
(5)Twilight Star.scx --------- AdmiralHoth: There was one week when I didn't shave for a month.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
October 19 2009 17:25 GMT
#79
lol interesting read.
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Loophole
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States867 Posts
October 19 2009 17:27 GMT
#80
On October 20 2009 00:02 Hot_Bid wrote:
And it sucked when Brood War players could only control one group of units and had 2000/1000 in the bank after microing a group of marines for two minutes (hi BoxeR). It sucked when Brood War players had to specifically design a strategy around not making a lot of workers because they were just that bad at macro (hi YellOw).


No it didn't. That's your preference, it's not fact. You're being a little elitist in your anti-elitist argument.

On October 20 2009 00:02 Hot_Bid wrote:
Everyone is a bandwagon fan. Everyone. You like watching players play because they are good. Sure there are some oddballs here and there that you like for style or whatever, but the bottom line is, no matter how many ridiculous strategies a player attempts, he will get no fans and no recognition unless he wins with them. Are you really going to tell me that I can't like Flash because other people like him? I'm the biggest Ma Jae Yoon fan there is. I stick by him through thick and thin. Why am I a fan? Because he was ridiculously good.


I agree with your sentiment that people shouldn't be ridiculed for being a bandwagon fan, but everyone is not a bandwagon fan. You're not even a bandwagon fan. Regardless of why you began liking him, if you stick with him through thick and thin... that means you are not a bandwagon fan. Being a bandwagon fan means you don't support your team/player when they are not playing well.

People are often fans because of some connection they have with the team or player. That connection can be anything from a feeling, to fondly remembered experience, to a preference for the location of a mole on their face. To say that people all become fans of someone because they were the best at what they did is pretty shortsighted, IMHO.
"Fundamental preparation is always effective. Work on those parts of your game that are fundamentally weak." -Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 14720
StarCastTV_EN368
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs PercivalLIVE!
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings105
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko191
OGKoka 72
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10194
Jaedong 5478
EffOrt 2638
BeSt 1085
actioN 845
Killer 666
Soma 602
ZerO 471
Horang2 455
Pusan 448
[ Show more ]
Zeus 237
Stork 216
Rush 173
JYJ 146
Barracks 116
Mong 58
ToSsGirL 55
HiyA 42
Terrorterran 32
Sexy 30
Bale 29
Sharp 26
Shinee 23
sorry 19
NaDa 18
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4723
XaKoH 448
Dendi100
League of Legends
Reynor51
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_1
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2300
crisheroes2066
Other Games
gofns57288
singsing1409
olofmeister1311
byalli577
Livibee200
Pyrionflax153
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick491
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 217
Other Games
BasetradeTV157
StarCraft 2
WardiTV75
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1697
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 47m
Kung Fu Cup
23h 47m
The PondCast
1d 22h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.