• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:26
CEST 20:26
KST 03:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9552 users

Bandwagon Broodwar - Page 2

Forum Index > News
203 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
October 19 2009 15:32 GMT
#21
great read, as always! im exactly this Joe Nooblet guy ;p
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
October 19 2009 15:32 GMT
#22
Fucking amazing read.

Seriously, hot_bid, this is one of your finest.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
McFly
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States116 Posts
October 19 2009 15:40 GMT
#23
He tells it how it is.
Very fun read
League of Legends IGN: Party Marty
Tuke
Profile Joined January 2009
Finland1666 Posts
October 19 2009 15:41 GMT
#24
CJ is going to win proleague this year.

Hell yeah
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #42
d_so
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)3262 Posts
October 19 2009 15:42 GMT
#25
great read, this article's a nice F U to the assorted idiots out there
manner
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 19 2009 15:45 GMT
#26
On October 20 2009 00:42 d_so wrote:
great read, this article's a nice F U to the assorted idiots out there

Uh, no it's not?

Please explain to me exactly how this is an "F U" to anyone?
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Japakazol
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States102 Posts
October 19 2009 15:46 GMT
#27
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.
We feel your presence. u gotta skate
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10959 Posts
October 19 2009 15:46 GMT
#28
hehe

That's what i thought when i was watching Nada vs Savior with the livecast last week. The play was just BAD compared to nowadays and when your used to nowadays skill level some fights just go wrong... A Terran isn't supposed to lose XX Marines multiple times in a game or series to 2-3 Lurkers because he isn't paying attention... Or losing Vessels like it's a good tradeoff for 2 Scourge :p.

After 1.5 games i just lost interest and forget that the stream was running in the background all together. If you weren't here when the greats were great, you'll never "get it". I don't get it... I know they were great, but i never will now "how" great they really were.

I also don't know how it felt to board an airplane when it still was something special and i never will.
Musoeun
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States4324 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 15:48:14
October 19 2009 15:47 GMT
#29
On October 20 2009 00:25 VictorW wrote:
But if you didn't like a player before a certain date, it means you're not a real fan and can't enjoy or comprehend how good he is. You don't understand him!


Oh look, the "real fan" argument. I'm not allowed to like Flash any more because I totally missed his first tournament wins? I'm not an fbh fan because I didn't get to see his humiliation of sAviOr when it happened? I'm not a Stork fan because the first time I watched him play was at Incruit finals?

If you were trolling, congratulations: you succeeded. Dear lord.

EDIT: I suppose I should also say that Hot Bid wrote an awesome article, but that he's totally wrong and KHAN will return to take it all be the end of the year. You heard it here... but probably not first.
Don't Shoot the Penguins. | Dance, 성은, dance! | Killer FanKlub | Action sucks. | Storm Terran hwaiting.
CTStalker
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Canada9720 Posts
October 19 2009 15:48 GMT
#30
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

lol?
By the way, my name is Funk. I am not of your world
rugmonkey
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom126 Posts
October 19 2009 15:49 GMT
#31
Good read. I could probably be counted as 'jumping on the bandwagon' for only just getting into starcraft but is that my fault?
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 19 2009 15:50 GMT
#32
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

I think riptide was mostly right in his article, except for the part about bandwagoning being bad. His articles are great and the JD-Effort PL preview was the best intro I've ever read. I don't know what you mean by my article being a "deathblow" to anything, and I don't appreciate you insulting a fellow writer that I respect.

It's great you liked my article but please stfu.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Japakazol
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States102 Posts
October 19 2009 15:54 GMT
#33
On October 20 2009 00:50 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

I think riptide was mostly right in his article, except for the part about bandwagoning being bad. His articles are great and the JD-Effort PL preview was the best intro I've ever read. I don't know what you mean by my article being a "deathblow" to anything, and I don't appreciate you insulting a fellow writer that I respect.

It's great you liked my article but please stfu.



Now, a vent. Dear fanboys comparing Jaedong/Bisu/Flash mechanics to those of The Emperor, The Dreamer and The Maestro - stop it. Nothing screams I'M A TOOL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GRASP OF PROGAMING than a post that even begins to compare players of two eras, especially in terms of mechanics. Judging any of the old pros based on how they play now (or how other people play now) is like comparing the mars rover to Apollo 11. BUT BUT BUT THE MARS ROVER IS THE MOST ADVANCED...

Yeah, nobody cares, noob.


Seems like the first part of your article--"no it wasnt better in the old days, etc."-- is a direct rebuttal to this excerpt (which I'm guessing riptide wrote but it could have been plexa I suppose).
We feel your presence. u gotta skate
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
October 19 2009 15:55 GMT
#34
On October 20 2009 00:54 Japakazol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 00:50 Hot_Bid wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

I think riptide was mostly right in his article, except for the part about bandwagoning being bad. His articles are great and the JD-Effort PL preview was the best intro I've ever read. I don't know what you mean by my article being a "deathblow" to anything, and I don't appreciate you insulting a fellow writer that I respect.

It's great you liked my article but please stfu.



Show nested quote +
Now, a vent. Dear fanboys comparing Jaedong/Bisu/Flash mechanics to those of The Emperor, The Dreamer and The Maestro - stop it. Nothing screams I'M A TOOL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GRASP OF PROGAMING than a post that even begins to compare players of two eras, especially in terms of mechanics. Judging any of the old pros based on how they play now (or how other people play now) is like comparing the mars rover to Apollo 11. BUT BUT BUT THE MARS ROVER IS THE MOST ADVANCED...

Yeah, nobody cares, noob.


Seems like the first part of your article--"no it wasnt better in the old days, etc."-- is a direct rebuttal to this excerpt (which I'm guessing riptide wrote but it could have been plexa I suppose).

Yes, and disagreeing civilly with another writer (who I am friends with and I obviously respect) is the same as dealing a "deathblow" and calling his writing "vomit" right? Don't use my article as an excuse to post your ignorant and hateful opinions. There are ways to disagree without flaming like an idiot.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
fanatacist
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
10319 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 15:56:48
October 19 2009 15:56 GMT
#35
Hot_Bid comes out true asshole.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love it.
Peace~
tyr
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France1686 Posts
October 19 2009 15:56 GMT
#36
Lol I was like "wtf" when I first started reading this, but it's actually all true ...
"I'm always reminded of how manly Jaedong is every time I see him." -Bisu
Japakazol
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States102 Posts
October 19 2009 15:58 GMT
#37
On October 20 2009 00:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 00:54 Japakazol wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:50 Hot_Bid wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

I think riptide was mostly right in his article, except for the part about bandwagoning being bad. His articles are great and the JD-Effort PL preview was the best intro I've ever read. I don't know what you mean by my article being a "deathblow" to anything, and I don't appreciate you insulting a fellow writer that I respect.

It's great you liked my article but please stfu.



Now, a vent. Dear fanboys comparing Jaedong/Bisu/Flash mechanics to those of The Emperor, The Dreamer and The Maestro - stop it. Nothing screams I'M A TOOL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GRASP OF PROGAMING than a post that even begins to compare players of two eras, especially in terms of mechanics. Judging any of the old pros based on how they play now (or how other people play now) is like comparing the mars rover to Apollo 11. BUT BUT BUT THE MARS ROVER IS THE MOST ADVANCED...

Yeah, nobody cares, noob.


Seems like the first part of your article--"no it wasnt better in the old days, etc."-- is a direct rebuttal to this excerpt (which I'm guessing riptide wrote but it could have been plexa I suppose).

Yes, and disagreeing civilly with another writer (who I am friends with and I obviously respect) is the same as dealing a "deathblow" and calling his writing "vomit" right? Don't use my article as an excuse to post your ignorant and hateful opinions. There are ways to disagree without flaming like an idiot.


Hahaha easy now. A "deathblow" is simply a way of saying that I think your arguments knock his down definitively. And I didn't allege that you called his writing vomit; that's all me. And stop acting like I just committed a hate crime by criticizing bad writing. It's gonna be okay. It's an article about starcraft.
We feel your presence. u gotta skate
isbunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Sweden1017 Posts
October 19 2009 16:00 GMT
#38
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
KIM TAEK YONG HWAITING!
Matoo-
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
Canada1397 Posts
October 19 2009 16:02 GMT
#39
How can anyone take both this article and the riplexa one 100% seriously and get so worked up over it? Some of the comments here and in the other thread are just sick, lol.
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-10-19 16:02:56
October 19 2009 16:02 GMT
#40
On October 20 2009 00:58 Japakazol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2009 00:55 Hot_Bid wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:54 Japakazol wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:50 Hot_Bid wrote:
On October 20 2009 00:46 Japakazol wrote:
Great article, and a much needed deathblow to the maudlin nonsense that riptide vomits up on a regular basis.

I think riptide was mostly right in his article, except for the part about bandwagoning being bad. His articles are great and the JD-Effort PL preview was the best intro I've ever read. I don't know what you mean by my article being a "deathblow" to anything, and I don't appreciate you insulting a fellow writer that I respect.

It's great you liked my article but please stfu.


Now, a vent. Dear fanboys comparing Jaedong/Bisu/Flash mechanics to those of The Emperor, The Dreamer and The Maestro - stop it. Nothing screams I'M A TOOL WITH ABSOLUTELY NO GRASP OF PROGAMING than a post that even begins to compare players of two eras, especially in terms of mechanics. Judging any of the old pros based on how they play now (or how other people play now) is like comparing the mars rover to Apollo 11. BUT BUT BUT THE MARS ROVER IS THE MOST ADVANCED...

Yeah, nobody cares, noob.


Seems like the first part of your article--"no it wasnt better in the old days, etc."-- is a direct rebuttal to this excerpt (which I'm guessing riptide wrote but it could have been plexa I suppose).

Yes, and disagreeing civilly with another writer (who I am friends with and I obviously respect) is the same as dealing a "deathblow" and calling his writing "vomit" right? Don't use my article as an excuse to post your ignorant and hateful opinions. There are ways to disagree without flaming like an idiot.


Hahaha easy now. A "deathblow" is simply a way of saying that I think your arguments knock his down definitively. And I didn't allege that you called his writing vomit; that's all me. And stop acting like I just committed a hate crime by criticizing bad writing. It's gonna be okay. It's an article about starcraft.

Ah yes, it's "just about starcraft" yet you are somehow worked up enough about it to call writers tools, call writing "vomit" and "nonsense." Because that sort of language and discussion is "taking it easy" and treating it lightly because its an article about StarCraft. Take your own advice.
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 417
UpATreeSC 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1041
actioN 393
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 89
Zeus 65
Trap 44
Sexy 30
zelot 27
ToSsGirL 22
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
soO 21
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 14
Dota 2
Gorgc7146
qojqva2002
Dendi933
420jenkins157
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1285
Fnx 674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5824
Liquid`Hasu1046
Other Games
Grubby5057
summit1g1303
Beastyqt759
B2W.Neo634
ceh9473
byalli351
C9.Mang0154
KnowMe146
ArmadaUGS144
Khaldor122
TKL 109
BRAT_OK 83
Railgan11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
WardiTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• FirePhoenix17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3775
Other Games
• Shiphtur368
• WagamamaTV312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 34m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 34m
Stellar Fest
18h 34m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.