• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:14
CEST 04:14
KST 11:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9632 users

Sweet Summer Mafia - Page 79

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 280 Next
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:27 GMT
#1561
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?

Low

He just seems incredibly interested and thinking about the game a lot. And from different perspectives too.

If Trfel is mafia he’s pocketed me completely
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:27 GMT
#1562
On June 09 2024 22:26 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?
I know self meta is stupid but of all the games for me to be mafia in, why the one where I stopped following my post count limits?

Like if you have an actual reason for me being mafia, other than just because I pushed something opposite to how you view the game, I'm quite curious.

See above.

Im not saying you are mafia, I am saying you are fucking weird and make no sense with the scott defense.
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:28 GMT
#1563
On June 09 2024 22:27 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?

Low

He just seems incredibly interested and thinking about the game a lot. And from different perspectives too.

If Trfel is mafia he’s pocketed me completely


He is not really doing this beyond face value.

He still wanted to lynch kels and save scott, despite good reasons to not want that.
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:28 GMT
#1564
On June 09 2024 22:28 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:27 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?

Low

He just seems incredibly interested and thinking about the game a lot. And from different perspectives too.

If Trfel is mafia he’s pocketed me completely


He is not really doing this beyond face value.

He still wanted to lynch kels and save scott, despite good reasons to not want that.

I just don’t agree.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 09 2024 13:28 GMT
#1565
On June 09 2024 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:23 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:21 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:17 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:14 marvellosity wrote:
Stop with the compliments already x
Dang, if not being an idiot is a compliment, you must not have as big of an ego as I thought

If anyone has a moment, curious if my perspective on scott31337 not re-evaluating his reads makes sense to anyone else? While it makes a lot of sense to me, if I'm wrong about this, it would be good to figure that out.

I’m struggling to make much of it either way?
Hm.... I was thinking people would either strongly agree or disagree, how can you be stuck in the middle?

I don’t know how to answer this without being circular

Could he still hold those reads as town? Yes I think so
Could he be mafia sticking with the same reads? Yes why not

Am I missing something fundamental?
Oh, sure. I didn't mean to say that it makes scott31337 town, my point is that if you were to construct a town mindset for scott31337's play, sticking to his reads is very natural imo. And thus I don't think it's a good reason to suspect him.

Basically the conclusion is "this argument isn't very good" instead of "this makes scott31337 town."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:29 GMT
#1566
People can be wrong
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:29 GMT
#1567
On June 09 2024 22:28 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:28 AlphaZero wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:27 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?

Low

He just seems incredibly interested and thinking about the game a lot. And from different perspectives too.

If Trfel is mafia he’s pocketed me completely


He is not really doing this beyond face value.

He still wanted to lynch kels and save scott, despite good reasons to not want that.

I just don’t agree.


when has he changed anything substantial based on considering another perspective?
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:29 GMT
#1568
On June 09 2024 22:28 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:23 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:21 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:17 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:14 marvellosity wrote:
Stop with the compliments already x
Dang, if not being an idiot is a compliment, you must not have as big of an ego as I thought

If anyone has a moment, curious if my perspective on scott31337 not re-evaluating his reads makes sense to anyone else? While it makes a lot of sense to me, if I'm wrong about this, it would be good to figure that out.

I’m struggling to make much of it either way?
Hm.... I was thinking people would either strongly agree or disagree, how can you be stuck in the middle?

I don’t know how to answer this without being circular

Could he still hold those reads as town? Yes I think so
Could he be mafia sticking with the same reads? Yes why not

Am I missing something fundamental?
Oh, sure. I didn't mean to say that it makes scott31337 town, my point is that if you were to construct a town mindset for scott31337's play, sticking to his reads is very natural imo. And thus I don't think it's a good reason to suspect him.

Basically the conclusion is "this argument isn't very good" instead of "this makes scott31337 town."

Oh I see. I think we agree then?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:30 GMT
#1569
On June 09 2024 22:29 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:28 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:28 AlphaZero wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:27 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:24 AlphaZero wrote:
mav what is the liklihood of trfel being mafia in your opinion?

Low

He just seems incredibly interested and thinking about the game a lot. And from different perspectives too.

If Trfel is mafia he’s pocketed me completely


He is not really doing this beyond face value.

He still wanted to lynch kels and save scott, despite good reasons to not want that.

I just don’t agree.


when has he changed anything substantial based on considering another perspective?

It’s only n1
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 09 2024 13:31 GMT
#1570
On June 09 2024 22:26 AlphaZero wrote:
I don't understand the trfel hard defense of scott at all.

He is not able to get a town read that strong, its really off-putting.
I mean I do feel kinda bad because the dude can't adequately defend himself, which makes me feel like someone ought to?
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:31 GMT
#1571
On June 09 2024 22:31 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:26 AlphaZero wrote:
I don't understand the trfel hard defense of scott at all.

He is not able to get a town read that strong, its really off-putting.
I mean I do feel kinda bad because the dude can't adequately defend himself, which makes me feel like someone ought to?

It’s a good trait.

Only if they’re town though :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
June 09 2024 13:35 GMT
#1572
Trfel wouldn’t play like this as mafia im almost certain
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
June 09 2024 13:35 GMT
#1573
Self righteous behavior is town realm 100 times outta 100
No gg, No skill.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:35 GMT
#1574
AZ, I understand what and why you’re getting at, I really do. I just don’t see it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:38 GMT
#1575
On June 09 2024 22:28 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:23 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:21 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:17 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:14 marvellosity wrote:
Stop with the compliments already x
Dang, if not being an idiot is a compliment, you must not have as big of an ego as I thought

If anyone has a moment, curious if my perspective on scott31337 not re-evaluating his reads makes sense to anyone else? While it makes a lot of sense to me, if I'm wrong about this, it would be good to figure that out.

I’m struggling to make much of it either way?
Hm.... I was thinking people would either strongly agree or disagree, how can you be stuck in the middle?

I don’t know how to answer this without being circular

Could he still hold those reads as town? Yes I think so
Could he be mafia sticking with the same reads? Yes why not

Am I missing something fundamental?
Oh, sure. I didn't mean to say that it makes scott31337 town, my point is that if you were to construct a town mindset for scott31337's play, sticking to his reads is very natural imo. And thus I don't think it's a good reason to suspect him.

Basically the conclusion is "this argument isn't very good" instead of "this makes scott31337 town."



The problem is not that he is making bad arguments that has never been the problem. You guys are fucking reductionist paraphrasing to the point of losing the essence of the original issue.

Then you come up with this nonsense about bad arguments can come from town. No shit.

That is not why he is mafia. He is mafia because he doesn’t show evidence of Thinking and read progression that is essential to find and catch scum in a game of hidden information.

I am going to trust Marv that you are town. But I also think you are being actively harmful to town progress at this point so can you please put as much effort into finding some mafia as you do defending mafia.



"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:40 GMT
#1576
Like I do t even know who trfel thinks is mafia at this point.
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
June 09 2024 13:40 GMT
#1577
On June 09 2024 22:38 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:28 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:23 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:21 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:17 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:14 marvellosity wrote:
Stop with the compliments already x
Dang, if not being an idiot is a compliment, you must not have as big of an ego as I thought

If anyone has a moment, curious if my perspective on scott31337 not re-evaluating his reads makes sense to anyone else? While it makes a lot of sense to me, if I'm wrong about this, it would be good to figure that out.

I’m struggling to make much of it either way?
Hm.... I was thinking people would either strongly agree or disagree, how can you be stuck in the middle?

I don’t know how to answer this without being circular

Could he still hold those reads as town? Yes I think so
Could he be mafia sticking with the same reads? Yes why not

Am I missing something fundamental?
Oh, sure. I didn't mean to say that it makes scott31337 town, my point is that if you were to construct a town mindset for scott31337's play, sticking to his reads is very natural imo. And thus I don't think it's a good reason to suspect him.

Basically the conclusion is "this argument isn't very good" instead of "this makes scott31337 town."



The problem is not that he is making bad arguments that has never been the problem. You guys are fucking reductionist paraphrasing to the point of losing the essence of the original issue.

Then you come up with this nonsense about bad arguments can come from town. No shit.

That is not why he is mafia. He is mafia because he doesn’t show evidence of Thinking and read progression that is essential to find and catch scum in a game of hidden information.

I am going to trust Marv that you are town. But I also think you are being actively harmful to town progress at this point so can you please put as much effort into finding some mafia as you do defending mafia.




To paraphrase something I said about my own read on Scott. Are your expectations of him wrong?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:41 GMT
#1578
On June 09 2024 21:19 marvellosity wrote:
Trfel
AZ
Vivax
Oats
Sand
Mocsta
Scott
DMB
Koshi
Rayn
Slam

Let’s say this is a very rough order because beyond near the top a lot can move about. And it doesn’t even really mean I think slam is most likely to be mafia either. I just didn’t know where else to put him.

Who do you guys reckon I’ve got quite a lot wrong?


Koshi too low. Scott and sand too high. You could put Mocsta above oats maybe too
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
June 09 2024 13:43 GMT
#1579
On June 09 2024 22:41 AlphaZero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 21:19 marvellosity wrote:
Trfel
AZ
Vivax
Oats
Sand
Mocsta
Scott
DMB
Koshi
Rayn
Slam

Let’s say this is a very rough order because beyond near the top a lot can move about. And it doesn’t even really mean I think slam is most likely to be mafia either. I just didn’t know where else to put him.

Who do you guys reckon I’ve got quite a lot wrong?


Koshi too low. Scott and sand too high. You could put Mocsta above oats maybe too

Curious on your thoughts on Rayn, anything stick out specifically?
No gg, No skill.
AlphaZero
Profile Joined June 2024
Korea (South)759 Posts
June 09 2024 13:43 GMT
#1580
On June 09 2024 22:40 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2024 22:38 AlphaZero wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:28 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:25 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:23 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:21 marvellosity wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:17 Trfel wrote:
On June 09 2024 22:14 marvellosity wrote:
Stop with the compliments already x
Dang, if not being an idiot is a compliment, you must not have as big of an ego as I thought

If anyone has a moment, curious if my perspective on scott31337 not re-evaluating his reads makes sense to anyone else? While it makes a lot of sense to me, if I'm wrong about this, it would be good to figure that out.

I’m struggling to make much of it either way?
Hm.... I was thinking people would either strongly agree or disagree, how can you be stuck in the middle?

I don’t know how to answer this without being circular

Could he still hold those reads as town? Yes I think so
Could he be mafia sticking with the same reads? Yes why not

Am I missing something fundamental?
Oh, sure. I didn't mean to say that it makes scott31337 town, my point is that if you were to construct a town mindset for scott31337's play, sticking to his reads is very natural imo. And thus I don't think it's a good reason to suspect him.

Basically the conclusion is "this argument isn't very good" instead of "this makes scott31337 town."



The problem is not that he is making bad arguments that has never been the problem. You guys are fucking reductionist paraphrasing to the point of losing the essence of the original issue.

Then you come up with this nonsense about bad arguments can come from town. No shit.

That is not why he is mafia. He is mafia because he doesn’t show evidence of Thinking and read progression that is essential to find and catch scum in a game of hidden information.

I am going to trust Marv that you are town. But I also think you are being actively harmful to town progress at this point so can you please put as much effort into finding some mafia as you do defending mafia.




To paraphrase something I said about my own read on Scott. Are your expectations of him wrong?


No because my expectations are something that must exist for town to be able to play this game. And he has continued to show that he does not possess those traits.
"AlphaZero: Four Hours to World Class from a Standing Start"
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 280 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings94
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 262
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10719
Dota 2
monkeys_forever959
NeuroSwarm170
febbydoto44
League of Legends
Doublelift6016
JimRising 669
Counter-Strike
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox855
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g8594
Maynarde218
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick392
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 200
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo286
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 46m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 46m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 46m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.