• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:23
CEST 01:23
KST 08:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9054 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 196

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 555 Next
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:46 GMT
#3901
On March 07 2024 12:46 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
why did mafia not shoot slam, or even roleblock him?

My current hypothesis is they have a framer and felt good about him checking me


Did they know slam was checking you he was calling you town.


actually going to pack for sydney but looking at slams posts does anyone know what seemed like Slam was going to check? Do you think it makes sense for people to think he's checking oats?
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 07 2024 03:47 GMT
#3902
On March 07 2024 12:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
why did mafia not shoot slam, or even roleblock him?

My current hypothesis is they have a framer and felt good about him checking me


This doesn't really make sense, how do you predict slams check, just really unlikely.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:47 GMT
#3903
On March 07 2024 12:46 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:43 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:42 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 Vivax wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Vivax did you get roleblocked?

I am assuming yes.


I don‘t know.


You don;t get notified?


who did you jail btw?


DP.

It was a jail with hidden weapons.


I mean fair. If DP is Mafia and we both are handing him the guns to the jail it's gonna look pretty silly afterwards.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2024 03:48 GMT
#3904
On March 07 2024 12:40 iamperfection wrote:
Oats your mission should you choose to accept it is to spew as much towness as possible this cycle. Then we can lynch VE if not i salute you my friend.

In this thread inferior player iamp tries to use the last of his activity clout to get superior scum hunter VE lynched or of spite. Sad.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:48 GMT
#3905
I mean I'll give it to him he's fighting the check but at this point no. Fight the check through reading others.
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 07 2024 03:48 GMT
#3906
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

Your fantasy is huge.
Why should i vote you and try do convince other people to vote you and make it clear why you claim is a solid prove that you are town or maybe for real jk. Why should I not jump on slam claim and vote slam for mayjor???
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:49 GMT
#3907
Also MZ Fair I looked scummy I see that but now I've claimed Gunsmith any other thoughts on your top read aside from oats?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 03:49 GMT
#3908
On March 07 2024 12:46 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
why did mafia not shoot slam, or even roleblock him?

My current hypothesis is they have a framer and felt good about him checking me


Did they know slam was checking you he was calling you town.

Rereading slams night stuff seemed like if he was cop he’d check the person that confused him the most
No gg, No skill.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10392 Posts
March 07 2024 03:49 GMT
#3909
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

New theory:

The mafia is Vivax, Koshi, Slam, JSL, and DP

They go max try-hard master mafia player mode to make themselves appear town and elect Vivax as mayor. Then they claim as many roles as they feel they can get away with knowing that there are so many roles available that they might just get away with a couple of them and thus look even more town. Then they guide us to mislynches, "reveal" townies like Oats as scum, and eventually get the most insane mafia victory of all time, making town look like a bunch of idiots. Their names are engraved on a golden plaque and the TL Mafia section is closed down. JAT and CC get canonized as saints.

/s
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 07 2024 03:49 GMT
#3910
On March 07 2024 12:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Darthpunk's last will and testament.

Basically I have been trying to sort people since the flips and my reads have been changing a bit. but i'll post a brief summary here as guidance and reads.

And also so that i can prevent what I think are some of the biggest potential errors moving forward.

Do not lynch tier:

Palmar: He has looked really town since he started playing in the second part of day 1, in addition to my original reasons for not wanting him to be lynched (mindmeld with sandro, emotional congruence, effort to post reads when all was looking doomed) I think he has continued to look good, I find myself agreeing with his perspectives, I see hints of trolling, I think him and marv are vibing.

The interaction with cake's shit takes was really townie to me.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DON"T LYNCH PALMAR- can't stress this enough, no idea why people are getting stuck on small shit that doesn't matter, for example, rayn if you are town, it is well known that palmar doesn't do associative reads. The whole mason shit is a useless direction. This is probably the biggest throw for town imo.


Sandro

Is just getting down to business scumhunting and sorting. I think he is the best player to sheep this game if you are lost.

Oatsmaster

His play this game reminds me of his play in the last game where he was town, he is being smart, pushing in good directions and generally looks super town to me.

Vivax

Been discussed to death, he is the town JK in my opinion.

Perfection

Looked town all game pretty much, some of his takes I think are wrong, I think he looked really town around the lynch.

Also his scum play was terribad last time so I don't think this is that.


Probably town tier

Koshi

I was debating putting him in the tier above, because he has looked really townie all game, and dramatically different to his mafia game, which was really lackluster.

I don't think he pushes marv and rayn in the way he did as mafia.

There are a couple of things that give me pause to him being 'lock' town, first of all is a post where he is aggressively pushing rayn and then kind of completely reverses
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 20:37 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

I admit I came in too strong. But rereading it, it was too strong but luckily not over the top.
But it is fair you got annoyed.

Seeing my case and my post you must understand why I can't let you be Mayor right? It's just not enough to earn it. Vivax did you dirty by claiming but there should not be a competition about the Mayor today. Can you vote vivax? You are 99.98% on him.

I am interested in your reads on JAT and Rels. Just for my sake. Because I will not be able to read them today.


I think it makes it clear the aggression was at least somewhat ingenuine.

I still think he is town but yeah not as confident as I was, also don't like the casually mentioning me as a possible mafia candidate after it seemed like I was lock town all game, but maybe that was NK wifom. :D

I am waiting for a 'smart' koshi moment and push which I haven't seen yet.

Rayn

Honestly this was a hard one for me to sort, there are times when i thought he was town and other times where I thought he was mafia.

I still don't really understand the way he has been interacting with me this game, it felt 'different' than normal. I thought it made him mafia, but currently I am putting it down to the fact he just thinks I am bad.

I think his best moments came this night when he went into 'solver mode' with JAT. and I think he had a really good push on cake, and subsequent ideas on DMB which I think are likely correct.

So town, the palmar/rayn shit started looking very TvT to me too. so there is that.

I don't think he is as correct as he assumes (like every game) but town.

Slam

Un CC'd cop (fuck you VE ) also looked town around the end of day chaos.


Marv

Has been playing a solid game so far, in the back of my mind I always think he is mafia for engagement tells, but when I was wrong last game I decided to shelve that as old meta. I think he is mafia he will slip up later, It's kind of weird for town!marv to not call me mafia but i don't really think he is mafia either. Biggest town tell for him I think is his penchant for defending weaker scummy players like copcake.

Also the shit with trfel, where he was really sad about reading the lynch, and the town read on hapa, both those pinged me as genuine and townie.


Possible mafia/possible town


Rels:

He has looked logical when he posts, but his wasted vote and push on palmar was a big red flag where it was useless and he wasn't really trying that hard to take thread control and change the lynch.

lack of investment could be explained by IRL matters, but I also think Rels could be mafia.

Also I remember him being WAY more aggressive as town. Like old school DP levels of aggression. Here he is just reasonable and meh.

MZ

I feel like he has been flying under the radar a bit, I liked his push on Cake, I liked his push on JSL less.

Calling me never lynch tier could be a possible pocketing attempt but also could be just because I tend to call him town when noone else does and we have vibed a few times this game.

Needs to do more for sure.

Jealous

Most likely to be scum out of these. i liked the open and transparent reasoning in his list post. I think he has looked worse ever since. The formulaic waffle of both sides of an argument is easy to just
go through the motions with as mafia. The way he is hard defending me from people also pings me a bit. I can defend myself, why is he not considering those arguments for why I am mafia? Could be a pocketing attempt.

TTS: Lurker.

JAT:


Looked really bad for the reasons outlined earlier by sandro and palmar day one.

I just don't think it makes sense he is mafia if palmar and trfel were town, he did this thing where he waited to swap to trefl even when i threatened to lynch him for it.

Doesn't really make sense for mafia to do that.

His posting has been looking good recently in its own right, particularly when interacting with Marv/Rayn

Mafia tier


DMB: The vote and case on me gave me pause for a bit, because of the WIFOM argument of why she would do it, but then refusing to give reads refusing to engage, talking about how exhausted I made her, all points to mafia, and then she actually immediately USED the WIFOM argument in her own defence.

Basically I think her and Cake are partnered, their push on me is basically the same, and they have waffled on their reads of each other. Kind of calling each other scummy and kind of not, and then kind of ignoring each other, but they both have the same top scum read since early on so none of that is natural or normal if they are both town. Looks like classic distancing to me.

I think DMB is showing the same traits this game as her previous game where she just tunnelled palmar IIRC and couldn't really form any other reads about the game.

Same thing here, I was trying to see if she had thought about anyone else, but no.

In her world 26 page DP is scum but she doesn't have the ability to scum read anyone else.

I don;t buy that at all.


Cake

I am running out of time so I can't grab the posts, but I think rayn was on the right track here at night.

She apparently has 4 scum reads but can only talk about me, same thing happened in her last scum read, just got tunnelled on 1-2 players and didn;t look elsewhere.

I gave her space to see if she would do something else, but she ended up just talking about me some more, all the things that apply to dmb re:cake above apply to cake re: dmb here.

I think marv is being super unhelpful by defending her when she is slipping really really hard.


JSL:

Lack of suspicion, didnt do anything with the encouragement on the koshi slip.

Soft defending DMB.

All the stuff sandro posted.

Also I forgot he told me before he would be engaged as mafia, so the engagement is a null tell for him.

VE

I really hate this but he just looks scummy and disengaged. I hope I am wrong so I don;t have to lynch him but I don;t think I am wrong, I think he is just mafia which sucks.

Ok one minute to go.

GL if I don;t see you on the other side.












You deffended Jacob ALL DAY and NIGHT and now he is mafia?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 07 2024 03:50 GMT
#3911
On March 07 2024 12:47 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:46 Vivax wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:43 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:42 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 Vivax wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Vivax did you get roleblocked?

I am assuming yes.


I don‘t know.


You don;t get notified?


who did you jail btw?


DP.

It was a jail with hidden weapons.


I mean fair. If DP is Mafia and we both are handing him the guns to the jail it's gonna look pretty silly afterwards.


The mafioso in jail getting slipped dem guns and some of that mayor smoke
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 07 2024 03:51 GMT
#3912
On March 07 2024 12:48 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

Your fantasy is huge.
Why should i vote you and try do convince other people to vote you and make it clear why you claim is a solid prove that you are town or maybe for real jk. Why should I not jump on slam claim and vote slam for mayjor???


You took the post 100% seriously ? Last chance to back off bby
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22415 Posts
March 07 2024 03:52 GMT
#3913
On March 07 2024 12:49 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

New theory:

The mafia is Vivax, Koshi, Slam, JSL, and DP

They go max try-hard master mafia player mode to make themselves appear town and elect Vivax as mayor. Then they claim as many roles as they feel they can get away with knowing that there are so many roles available that they might just get away with a couple of them and thus look even more town. Then they guide us to mislynches, "reveal" townies like Oats as scum, and eventually get the most insane mafia victory of all time, making town look like a bunch of idiots. Their names are engraved on a golden plaque and the TL Mafia section is closed down. JAT and CC get canonized as saints.

/s


Good plot
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:52 GMT
#3914
On March 07 2024 12:49 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

New theory:

The mafia is Vivax, Koshi, Slam, JSL, and DP

They go max try-hard master mafia player mode to make themselves appear town and elect Vivax as mayor. Then they claim as many roles as they feel they can get away with knowing that there are so many roles available that they might just get away with a couple of them and thus look even more town. Then they guide us to mislynches, "reveal" townies like Oats as scum, and eventually get the most insane mafia victory of all time, making town look like a bunch of idiots. Their names are engraved on a golden plaque and the TL Mafia section is closed down. JAT and CC get canonized as saints.

/s



Man imagine me and DP as Mafia together. The world isn't ready. It won't be pretty.... The world just wouldn't be ready.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 07 2024 03:52 GMT
#3915
On March 07 2024 12:49 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Darthpunk's last will and testament.

Basically I have been trying to sort people since the flips and my reads have been changing a bit. but i'll post a brief summary here as guidance and reads.

And also so that i can prevent what I think are some of the biggest potential errors moving forward.

Do not lynch tier:

Palmar: He has looked really town since he started playing in the second part of day 1, in addition to my original reasons for not wanting him to be lynched (mindmeld with sandro, emotional congruence, effort to post reads when all was looking doomed) I think he has continued to look good, I find myself agreeing with his perspectives, I see hints of trolling, I think him and marv are vibing.

The interaction with cake's shit takes was really townie to me.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DON"T LYNCH PALMAR- can't stress this enough, no idea why people are getting stuck on small shit that doesn't matter, for example, rayn if you are town, it is well known that palmar doesn't do associative reads. The whole mason shit is a useless direction. This is probably the biggest throw for town imo.


Sandro

Is just getting down to business scumhunting and sorting. I think he is the best player to sheep this game if you are lost.

Oatsmaster

His play this game reminds me of his play in the last game where he was town, he is being smart, pushing in good directions and generally looks super town to me.

Vivax

Been discussed to death, he is the town JK in my opinion.

Perfection

Looked town all game pretty much, some of his takes I think are wrong, I think he looked really town around the lynch.

Also his scum play was terribad last time so I don't think this is that.


Probably town tier

Koshi

I was debating putting him in the tier above, because he has looked really townie all game, and dramatically different to his mafia game, which was really lackluster.

I don't think he pushes marv and rayn in the way he did as mafia.

There are a couple of things that give me pause to him being 'lock' town, first of all is a post where he is aggressively pushing rayn and then kind of completely reverses
On March 05 2024 20:37 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

I admit I came in too strong. But rereading it, it was too strong but luckily not over the top.
But it is fair you got annoyed.

Seeing my case and my post you must understand why I can't let you be Mayor right? It's just not enough to earn it. Vivax did you dirty by claiming but there should not be a competition about the Mayor today. Can you vote vivax? You are 99.98% on him.

I am interested in your reads on JAT and Rels. Just for my sake. Because I will not be able to read them today.


I think it makes it clear the aggression was at least somewhat ingenuine.

I still think he is town but yeah not as confident as I was, also don't like the casually mentioning me as a possible mafia candidate after it seemed like I was lock town all game, but maybe that was NK wifom. :D

I am waiting for a 'smart' koshi moment and push which I haven't seen yet.

Rayn

Honestly this was a hard one for me to sort, there are times when i thought he was town and other times where I thought he was mafia.

I still don't really understand the way he has been interacting with me this game, it felt 'different' than normal. I thought it made him mafia, but currently I am putting it down to the fact he just thinks I am bad.

I think his best moments came this night when he went into 'solver mode' with JAT. and I think he had a really good push on cake, and subsequent ideas on DMB which I think are likely correct.

So town, the palmar/rayn shit started looking very TvT to me too. so there is that.

I don't think he is as correct as he assumes (like every game) but town.

Slam

Un CC'd cop (fuck you VE ) also looked town around the end of day chaos.


Marv

Has been playing a solid game so far, in the back of my mind I always think he is mafia for engagement tells, but when I was wrong last game I decided to shelve that as old meta. I think he is mafia he will slip up later, It's kind of weird for town!marv to not call me mafia but i don't really think he is mafia either. Biggest town tell for him I think is his penchant for defending weaker scummy players like copcake.

Also the shit with trfel, where he was really sad about reading the lynch, and the town read on hapa, both those pinged me as genuine and townie.


Possible mafia/possible town


Rels:

He has looked logical when he posts, but his wasted vote and push on palmar was a big red flag where it was useless and he wasn't really trying that hard to take thread control and change the lynch.

lack of investment could be explained by IRL matters, but I also think Rels could be mafia.

Also I remember him being WAY more aggressive as town. Like old school DP levels of aggression. Here he is just reasonable and meh.

MZ

I feel like he has been flying under the radar a bit, I liked his push on Cake, I liked his push on JSL less.

Calling me never lynch tier could be a possible pocketing attempt but also could be just because I tend to call him town when noone else does and we have vibed a few times this game.

Needs to do more for sure.

Jealous

Most likely to be scum out of these. i liked the open and transparent reasoning in his list post. I think he has looked worse ever since. The formulaic waffle of both sides of an argument is easy to just
go through the motions with as mafia. The way he is hard defending me from people also pings me a bit. I can defend myself, why is he not considering those arguments for why I am mafia? Could be a pocketing attempt.

TTS: Lurker.

JAT:


Looked really bad for the reasons outlined earlier by sandro and palmar day one.

I just don't think it makes sense he is mafia if palmar and trfel were town, he did this thing where he waited to swap to trefl even when i threatened to lynch him for it.

Doesn't really make sense for mafia to do that.

His posting has been looking good recently in its own right, particularly when interacting with Marv/Rayn

Mafia tier


DMB: The vote and case on me gave me pause for a bit, because of the WIFOM argument of why she would do it, but then refusing to give reads refusing to engage, talking about how exhausted I made her, all points to mafia, and then she actually immediately USED the WIFOM argument in her own defence.

Basically I think her and Cake are partnered, their push on me is basically the same, and they have waffled on their reads of each other. Kind of calling each other scummy and kind of not, and then kind of ignoring each other, but they both have the same top scum read since early on so none of that is natural or normal if they are both town. Looks like classic distancing to me.

I think DMB is showing the same traits this game as her previous game where she just tunnelled palmar IIRC and couldn't really form any other reads about the game.

Same thing here, I was trying to see if she had thought about anyone else, but no.

In her world 26 page DP is scum but she doesn't have the ability to scum read anyone else.

I don;t buy that at all.


Cake

I am running out of time so I can't grab the posts, but I think rayn was on the right track here at night.

She apparently has 4 scum reads but can only talk about me, same thing happened in her last scum read, just got tunnelled on 1-2 players and didn;t look elsewhere.

I gave her space to see if she would do something else, but she ended up just talking about me some more, all the things that apply to dmb re:cake above apply to cake re: dmb here.

I think marv is being super unhelpful by defending her when she is slipping really really hard.


JSL:

Lack of suspicion, didnt do anything with the encouragement on the koshi slip.

Soft defending DMB.

All the stuff sandro posted.

Also I forgot he told me before he would be engaged as mafia, so the engagement is a null tell for him.

VE

I really hate this but he just looks scummy and disengaged. I hope I am wrong so I don;t have to lynch him but I don;t think I am wrong, I think he is just mafia which sucks.

Ok one minute to go.

GL if I don;t see you on the other side.












You deffended Jacob ALL DAY and NIGHT and now he is mafia?


Did I do that?

I don't think that is accurate.

Also I play wifom games ALL night just so you can let your buddies know

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
March 07 2024 03:53 GMT
#3916
On March 07 2024 12:47 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
why did mafia not shoot slam, or even roleblock him?

My current hypothesis is they have a framer and felt good about him checking me


This doesn't really make sense, how do you predict slams check, just really unlikely.

? Obviously they lucked out?
What do you think happened assuming both me and slam are town
No gg, No skill.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
March 07 2024 03:53 GMT
#3917
On March 07 2024 12:49 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

New theory:

The mafia is Vivax, Koshi, Slam, JSL, and DP

They go max try-hard master mafia player mode to make themselves appear town and elect Vivax as mayor. Then they claim as many roles as they feel they can get away with knowing that there are so many roles available that they might just get away with a couple of them and thus look even more town. Then they guide us to mislynches, "reveal" townies like Oats as scum, and eventually get the most insane mafia victory of all time, making town look like a bunch of idiots. Their names are engraved on a golden plaque and the TL Mafia section is closed down. JAT and CC get canonized as saints.

/s

I'd watch this film
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 07 2024 03:53 GMT
#3918
On March 07 2024 12:49 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
New theory:

The mafia is slam, Oats, DMB, Rels, marv

Slam gave up D1. Rels is too busy. Oats did his best but can‘t contain all that info leaking out of dmb in the thread and wants to kill her. Slam told him not to and is avenging dmb by fakeclaiming cop to fake a redcheck on his teammate.

Marv is in shambles and just wants to spend a bit of time with Palmar.

New theory:

The mafia is Vivax, Koshi, Slam, JSL, and DP

They go max try-hard master mafia player mode to make themselves appear town and elect Vivax as mayor. Then they claim as many roles as they feel they can get away with knowing that there are so many roles available that they might just get away with a couple of them and thus look even more town. Then they guide us to mislynches, "reveal" townies like Oats as scum, and eventually get the most insane mafia victory of all time, making town look like a bunch of idiots. Their names are engraved on a golden plaque and the TL Mafia section is closed down. JAT and CC get canonized as saints.

/s


This looks like something cake would say :D
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 07 2024 03:54 GMT
#3919
On March 07 2024 12:49 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:00 DarthPunk wrote:
Darthpunk's last will and testament.

Basically I have been trying to sort people since the flips and my reads have been changing a bit. but i'll post a brief summary here as guidance and reads.

And also so that i can prevent what I think are some of the biggest potential errors moving forward.

Do not lynch tier:

Palmar: He has looked really town since he started playing in the second part of day 1, in addition to my original reasons for not wanting him to be lynched (mindmeld with sandro, emotional congruence, effort to post reads when all was looking doomed) I think he has continued to look good, I find myself agreeing with his perspectives, I see hints of trolling, I think him and marv are vibing.

The interaction with cake's shit takes was really townie to me.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU DON"T LYNCH PALMAR- can't stress this enough, no idea why people are getting stuck on small shit that doesn't matter, for example, rayn if you are town, it is well known that palmar doesn't do associative reads. The whole mason shit is a useless direction. This is probably the biggest throw for town imo.


Sandro

Is just getting down to business scumhunting and sorting. I think he is the best player to sheep this game if you are lost.

Oatsmaster

His play this game reminds me of his play in the last game where he was town, he is being smart, pushing in good directions and generally looks super town to me.

Vivax

Been discussed to death, he is the town JK in my opinion.

Perfection

Looked town all game pretty much, some of his takes I think are wrong, I think he looked really town around the lynch.

Also his scum play was terribad last time so I don't think this is that.


Probably town tier

Koshi

I was debating putting him in the tier above, because he has looked really townie all game, and dramatically different to his mafia game, which was really lackluster.

I don't think he pushes marv and rayn in the way he did as mafia.

There are a couple of things that give me pause to him being 'lock' town, first of all is a post where he is aggressively pushing rayn and then kind of completely reverses
On March 05 2024 20:37 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

I admit I came in too strong. But rereading it, it was too strong but luckily not over the top.
But it is fair you got annoyed.

Seeing my case and my post you must understand why I can't let you be Mayor right? It's just not enough to earn it. Vivax did you dirty by claiming but there should not be a competition about the Mayor today. Can you vote vivax? You are 99.98% on him.

I am interested in your reads on JAT and Rels. Just for my sake. Because I will not be able to read them today.


I think it makes it clear the aggression was at least somewhat ingenuine.

I still think he is town but yeah not as confident as I was, also don't like the casually mentioning me as a possible mafia candidate after it seemed like I was lock town all game, but maybe that was NK wifom. :D

I am waiting for a 'smart' koshi moment and push which I haven't seen yet.

Rayn

Honestly this was a hard one for me to sort, there are times when i thought he was town and other times where I thought he was mafia.

I still don't really understand the way he has been interacting with me this game, it felt 'different' than normal. I thought it made him mafia, but currently I am putting it down to the fact he just thinks I am bad.

I think his best moments came this night when he went into 'solver mode' with JAT. and I think he had a really good push on cake, and subsequent ideas on DMB which I think are likely correct.

So town, the palmar/rayn shit started looking very TvT to me too. so there is that.

I don't think he is as correct as he assumes (like every game) but town.

Slam

Un CC'd cop (fuck you VE ) also looked town around the end of day chaos.


Marv

Has been playing a solid game so far, in the back of my mind I always think he is mafia for engagement tells, but when I was wrong last game I decided to shelve that as old meta. I think he is mafia he will slip up later, It's kind of weird for town!marv to not call me mafia but i don't really think he is mafia either. Biggest town tell for him I think is his penchant for defending weaker scummy players like copcake.

Also the shit with trfel, where he was really sad about reading the lynch, and the town read on hapa, both those pinged me as genuine and townie.


Possible mafia/possible town


Rels:

He has looked logical when he posts, but his wasted vote and push on palmar was a big red flag where it was useless and he wasn't really trying that hard to take thread control and change the lynch.

lack of investment could be explained by IRL matters, but I also think Rels could be mafia.

Also I remember him being WAY more aggressive as town. Like old school DP levels of aggression. Here he is just reasonable and meh.

MZ

I feel like he has been flying under the radar a bit, I liked his push on Cake, I liked his push on JSL less.

Calling me never lynch tier could be a possible pocketing attempt but also could be just because I tend to call him town when noone else does and we have vibed a few times this game.

Needs to do more for sure.

Jealous

Most likely to be scum out of these. i liked the open and transparent reasoning in his list post. I think he has looked worse ever since. The formulaic waffle of both sides of an argument is easy to just
go through the motions with as mafia. The way he is hard defending me from people also pings me a bit. I can defend myself, why is he not considering those arguments for why I am mafia? Could be a pocketing attempt.

TTS: Lurker.

JAT:


Looked really bad for the reasons outlined earlier by sandro and palmar day one.

I just don't think it makes sense he is mafia if palmar and trfel were town, he did this thing where he waited to swap to trefl even when i threatened to lynch him for it.

Doesn't really make sense for mafia to do that.

His posting has been looking good recently in its own right, particularly when interacting with Marv/Rayn

Mafia tier


DMB: The vote and case on me gave me pause for a bit, because of the WIFOM argument of why she would do it, but then refusing to give reads refusing to engage, talking about how exhausted I made her, all points to mafia, and then she actually immediately USED the WIFOM argument in her own defence.

Basically I think her and Cake are partnered, their push on me is basically the same, and they have waffled on their reads of each other. Kind of calling each other scummy and kind of not, and then kind of ignoring each other, but they both have the same top scum read since early on so none of that is natural or normal if they are both town. Looks like classic distancing to me.

I think DMB is showing the same traits this game as her previous game where she just tunnelled palmar IIRC and couldn't really form any other reads about the game.

Same thing here, I was trying to see if she had thought about anyone else, but no.

In her world 26 page DP is scum but she doesn't have the ability to scum read anyone else.

I don;t buy that at all.


Cake

I am running out of time so I can't grab the posts, but I think rayn was on the right track here at night.

She apparently has 4 scum reads but can only talk about me, same thing happened in her last scum read, just got tunnelled on 1-2 players and didn;t look elsewhere.

I gave her space to see if she would do something else, but she ended up just talking about me some more, all the things that apply to dmb re:cake above apply to cake re: dmb here.

I think marv is being super unhelpful by defending her when she is slipping really really hard.


JSL:

Lack of suspicion, didnt do anything with the encouragement on the koshi slip.

Soft defending DMB.

All the stuff sandro posted.

Also I forgot he told me before he would be engaged as mafia, so the engagement is a null tell for him.

VE

I really hate this but he just looks scummy and disengaged. I hope I am wrong so I don;t have to lynch him but I don;t think I am wrong, I think he is just mafia which sucks.

Ok one minute to go.

GL if I don;t see you on the other side.












You deffended Jacob ALL DAY and NIGHT and now he is mafia?


Naw this is within reason for dp. Particularly with me scumming it up and being lazy.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 07 2024 03:54 GMT
#3920
On March 07 2024 12:53 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 12:47 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:45 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 07 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
why did mafia not shoot slam, or even roleblock him?

My current hypothesis is they have a framer and felt good about him checking me


This doesn't really make sense, how do you predict slams check, just really unlikely.

? Obviously they lucked out?
What do you think happened assuming both me and slam are town


Probably miller if I had to put money on it.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 194 195 196 197 198 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings39
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1107
ZZZero.O 164
Bale 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
League of Legends
Doublelift4990
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g9981
FrodaN3043
KnowMe183
C9.Mang076
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1187
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1022
• Shiphtur177
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
10h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
11h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
16h 38m
Replay Cast
23h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 11h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.