• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:39
CEST 07:39
KST 14:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7771 users

TL Endures Mafia - Page 143

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 166 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 02:54 GMT
#2841
On May 31 2023 11:45 TankTopTiger wrote:
Isn't that the most compelling case against him?

Town marv has never been in this position because town marv does not get in this position.

1) Marv is either town or scum
2) If Marv is scum, Marv gets in trouble early
3) If Marv is town, Marv does not get in trouble early <= he's giving us this premise (which wasn't necessary but converges nicely with the modus ponens
4) Marv got in trouble early
C: Marv is scum


Are there exceptions to every rule?

I am not saying he is 100 percent town, I am just suspending disbelief and doing my due diligence. LS was 100 percent mafia, marv was like 80% and improving IMO.

in my eyes either marv is mafia for the countless reasons stated, or Marv was super tunnelled and was reaching to try and get me lynched.

Certainly it felt like he was angling for me to go down since the start of the game, as it was with LS, AND VE for about a minute.

But maybe he was just not playing well in regards to me, OR I was also not playing well, (multiple townies suspect me for some reason that I can't figure out, dur to the fact taht I think its pretty confirmed I am town at this point)

I wanna operate under the impression that Marv is town and see where that goes to cover the other option (Marv and I are both town being shit and tunnelling each other) and there is mafia elsewhere nice and distant from the shit storm in the thread.

There is definitely something with Marv and LS, since the start of the game. Not sure what it means though, was LS engaging in WIFOM absolutely, but how many levels does it go? How short is a piece of string?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
TankTopTiger
Profile Joined May 2023
509 Posts
May 31 2023 03:05 GMT
#2842
To be clear, I'm not in anyway retracting my confidence on Marv.

But hypothetically, if Marv is not scum (big if), what you're doing now is distancing yourself from his mislynch which is something a redDP would need to do now that it's (about to be) 4-1.

In my head, I was dying tonight confident that you would carry the lynch out on Marv/LS. You're bouncing around too much for someone who's experienced the Marv meta firsthand.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 03:07 GMT
#2843
On May 31 2023 12:05 TankTopTiger wrote:
To be clear, I'm not in anyway retracting my confidence on Marv.

But hypothetically, if Marv is not scum (big if), what you're doing now is distancing yourself from his mislynch which is something a redDP would need to do now that it's (about to be) 4-1.

In my head, I was dying tonight confident that you would carry the lynch out on Marv/LS. You're bouncing around too much for someone who's experienced the Marv meta firsthand.


It’s better to be uncertain at night.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 03:08 GMT
#2844
To be clear I would love it if the game was just scum is one of Marv and dp.

But it’s possible (however likely or unlikely) that there is someone that we are wrong about.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
TankTopTiger
Profile Joined May 2023
509 Posts
May 31 2023 03:20 GMT
#2845
Mmmm I don't trust this at all. If Marv somehow flips town, and I somehow survive, we are probably going to fight a bunch. This seems uncharacteristically unconfident and silly of you.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 03:33 GMT
#2846
On May 31 2023 12:20 TankTopTiger wrote:
Mmmm I don't trust this at all. If Marv somehow flips town, and I somehow survive, we are probably going to fight a bunch. This seems uncharacteristically unconfident and silly of you.


I'm reading marv's scum games. I think tl.net This is the closest one I have found so far
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 03:50 GMT
#2847
and this one

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:06 GMT
#2848
On May 31 2023 12:33 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2023 12:20 TankTopTiger wrote:
Mmmm I don't trust this at all. If Marv somehow flips town, and I somehow survive, we are probably going to fight a bunch. This seems uncharacteristically unconfident and silly of you.


I'm reading marv's scum games. I think tl.net This is the closest one I have found so far

https://tl.net/forum/mafia/474082-imperial-mafia?user=marvellosity
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:08 GMT
#2849
Provided to my memory, ironically enough, by LightningStrike
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:08 GMT
#2850
But I ain't reading all that
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
TankTopTiger
Profile Joined May 2023
509 Posts
May 31 2023 04:11 GMT
#2851
TBH I have no idea how you guys find the time or inclination to read other games while playing this one. I feel like reading all of this one is too much.
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:17 GMT
#2852
On May 31 2023 13:11 TankTopTiger wrote:
TBH I have no idea how you guys find the time or inclination to read other games while playing this one. I feel like reading all of this one is too much.

Reading fast, and wanting to win.

But 45 pages of one man's filter?

No
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:19 GMT
#2853
That is a victorious scum marv though,

Never gave up once. Carried that team through 500+ pages of absentee host hell.

(I was harshly dumped right a couple hours before EOD. Bad times.)
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 04:19 GMT
#2854
Ill read his filter but not that game,

I played in that game and didn't read 300 pages.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:19 GMT
#2855
On May 31 2023 13:19 Alakaslam wrote:
That is a victorious scum marv though,

Never gave up once. Carried that team through 500+ pages of absentee host hell.

(I was harshly dumped right a couple hours before EOD. Bad times.)

Iirc I actually don't quite remember.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:24 GMT
#2856
Hmmmmmm

On January 18 2015 05:34 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh, and, by the way, I think town marv would have rage quit after being called scum a lot



So reading Imperial Mafia to head down memory lane has yielded me some gold
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
May 31 2023 04:27 GMT
#2857
Hey guys, if yall are interested in a TL Mafia, vote the most townie to save their life, style game, then please type /in.

I may write up a prompt tomorrow so that we can get started. Remember, if you die in this game, you die in the game I'm hosting just like the last time I hosted mafia within mafia. Oh and if I die, everybody dies in my game.

The roles of everyone will go out tomorrow in spoiler tags. It will be an honor system. So nooo peaking!!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
May 31 2023 04:28 GMT
#2858
On January 17 2015 20:14 marvellosity wrote:
can you even *imagine* what my filter *should* look like in a game this size?

not getting lynched when everyone realises you're mafia is quite the achievement, i'd say :p

There's no such thing as "stylistically" calling certain townies mafia. That's just incorrect play, nothing more, nothing less. And he wasn't the only one.

edit: like town needs to cut through what's important and what's not. calling obvious townies and likely townies mafia is what lets mafia hide!

Damdred and I were playing below our towngames, and noticeably so, and that's what was *actually* important, but it was beautifully drowned out (from scum PoV) from all the crackpot nonsense going on around us, hiding us in amongst the bs.



yeah.....
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:32 GMT
#2859
On May 31 2023 13:28 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2015 20:14 marvellosity wrote:
can you even *imagine* what my filter *should* look like in a game this size?

not getting lynched when everyone realises you're mafia is quite the achievement, i'd say :p

There's no such thing as "stylistically" calling certain townies mafia. That's just incorrect play, nothing more, nothing less. And he wasn't the only one.

edit: like town needs to cut through what's important and what's not. calling obvious townies and likely townies mafia is what lets mafia hide!

Damdred and I were playing below our towngames, and noticeably so, and that's what was *actually* important, but it was beautifully drowned out (from scum PoV) from all the crackpot nonsense going on around us, hiding us in amongst the bs.



yeah.....

Fair cop, more gold
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 31 2023 04:34 GMT
#2860
Turns out that is when my great aunt died.

Kind of a matriarch of our family. Figure I was Artanis upon learning what happened to Rasagal. Not like I would get Zeratul about it but I'd go protoss AWOL for a while.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 141 142 143 144 145 166 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4292
Leta 1680
Bale 52
Shine 40
ZergMaN 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 635
Other Games
summit1g7776
WinterStarcraft644
Sick157
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta58
• Letter1417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2164
League of Legends
• Lourlo1048
• Rush763
Other Games
• Shiphtur440
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 21m
Patches Events
9h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 21m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 21m
OSC
17h 21m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.