• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:13
CEST 00:13
KST 07:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11259 users

Chezinu streak(s) Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 15:19 GMT
#736
On September 01 2022 00:12 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:01 Holyflare wrote:
I am just not reading the thread properly and coasting by.

Why does that make me an alignment?

This is why I hate D1. If stuff like this can't be used then what can? That makes no sense.

So. You're pushing back way harder than I'm pushing. I'm forcing myself to share ideas, stop being so butthurt about it. It's not strong, OK. But it's something like, you were self conscious enough to see that rayn had mentioned to same point? This is why I thought that post was weird in the first place. So, self conscious enough to deflect a potential criticism, but not enough to understand what was being said? Showing a tendency towards yourself more than towards others? And that's a scum trait? Something like that.

You're making me type a lot of words so that might appear to be like, a strong argument. It's not so. But I feel like it's might be a small thing.


No, you shouldn't feel put out because you decided to start to lowkey want to vote someone you:

A) Agree with their ideas about a scum read you're voting.

B) Think has townie posts.




It's also the way you've gone about the entire situation. You've raised a point; that I made a post mentioning Rayn (what's wrong with being self aware that someone posted the exact same thing above me that I wanted to say after having read the thread?) but then in the posts after you've actually bothered to read context, contradict your original point and then walk back on it.

The problem I have with what you are doing is that you are just performatively scum hunting. Your thoughts displayed are erratic and not well thought out because you would rather jump on something rather than trying to solve the situation instead.

You did this with this post and you did it with the "not wanting to talk about Slam" post. Back to back.

Why even float that you'd want to vote me if you didn't actually want to do that and it's "not that strong really"???
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 15:34 GMT
#739
I've only just opened the thread and skimmed it
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 15:36 GMT
#740
On September 01 2022 00:28 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:19 Holyflare wrote:
The problem I have with what you are doing is that you are just performatively scum hunting. Your thoughts displayed are erratic and not well thought out because you would rather jump on something rather than trying to solve the situation instead.

How does that make me scum though? I'm pretty fucking logical and not erratic as scum. I never get lynched early for example, and win most of the time. It only happens as town that I get MLd early.
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:19 Holyflare wrote:
You did this with this post and you did it with the "not wanting to talk about Slam" post. Back to back.

Why even float that you'd want to vote me if you didn't actually want to do that and it's "not that strong really"???

To make you react.


##vote rels

I have absolutely 0% faith that you posted you lowkey wanted to vote me to get me to react. I can think of no conceivable thought process of "I town read his posts, he's been a bit inactive, let's float the idea that he's mafia with the guy I'm scum reading and he's scum reading to bait his reaction for the lols".

I think you're trying to find someone to wagon and floated my name out there to test the waters.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 15:41 GMT
#743
On September 01 2022 00:28 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:19 Holyflare wrote:
The problem I have with what you are doing is that you are just performatively scum hunting. Your thoughts displayed are erratic and not well thought out because you would rather jump on something rather than trying to solve the situation instead.

How does that make me scum though? I'm pretty fucking logical and not erratic as scum. I never get lynched early for example, and win most of the time. It only happens as town that I get MLd early.
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:19 Holyflare wrote:
You did this with this post and you did it with the "not wanting to talk about Slam" post. Back to back.

Why even float that you'd want to vote me if you didn't actually want to do that and it's "not that strong really"???

To make you react.


Erratic in terms of trying to fling things out and get them to stick, it doesn't mean it's not calculated or logical. It's easy to make a hypothesis for your argument, then appear to either "solve it" if it contradicts the original hypothesis or "prove it true" if it fits with your original narrative. I would expect you would be far more likely to fact check what you're originally saying and then be sure about it ESPECIALLY on someone you kind of town read and you should be sort of mind melding with because you say I pointed out Slam's worst post in the thread??????
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 15:46 GMT
#744
Every Tubesock post is an excercise in some kind of TMI meta read or something.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 16:31 GMT
#746
On September 01 2022 00:52 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 00:46 Holyflare wrote:
Every Tubesock post is an excercise in some kind of TMI meta read or something.

can you quote? In a meeting so I can't really investigate


No real scum reads, only scum read list just happened in his last post and was:

On August 31 2022 13:15 Tubesock wrote:
my vote preference is Rels, MZ, Vivax, Chezinu.


Rels read is that Rels asked Rayn to play and then didn't play ??? and
I didn't care for any of the jock / rels conversation. Didn't peak any interest. Rels looks worse there.
???

MZ because
Copcake, Jock, and MZ are overall neutral for me. They do towny things that can be mimicked, but I disagree on several things they say soooooo yeah.


MZ sure nitpicked it. I didn't already decide at the time that would be weird. But it's easy to say that early game list posts get nitpicked a lot. I missed who didn't care but said they would.
#493 in response to Rayn calling out Tube for not following up on nitpcikers.

MZ on the other hand looks more like he was looking for stuff to find. Which we all do. I so far have disagreed with about everything that I can think of he's said.


Vivax:
I like this Vivax. I usually disagree (not that he's said much about the game) with him but his town light is usually bright and disruptive.
that's it ???

Chezinu ???????? no mention




He keeps posting little things like:

HF doesn't pocket anyone lol.
Soft TMI meta read on me

On August 31 2022 09:08 Tubesock wrote:
That's how Rayn scumhunts. He looks at what HE expects people to think or do if they're town and if they don't meet that then he thinks they're mafia. Not sure why he got so triggered just now but meh.

He's not really talking game mechanics like you're saying it.

On August 31 2022 08:10 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 08:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Maybe Tubesock is also mafia. That post is quite... well...
deconduo's joke list post is better than Jock's quote-every-post posts, because both move the game forwards??
Then wait for who nitpicks on deconduo's post (like a... threat?), well i did, nothing happened in Tubesock's world.


Dude you nitpick everyone all the time haha that's not indicative of you at all. And you always misread some stuff and make it rayn on people. That's not indicative either for you.



TMI meta reads on Rayn




His reads themselves all look like they're not scum hunting but soft defending people from accusations. It's happened with Jock, it happened with Dec, it's happened with Rayn



Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:21 GMT
#893
I forgot we can post at night here and I'm kinda sad Dec got wagoned
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:24 GMT
#895
Just remember, Tube is the best wagon tomorrow IMO. Doubt I live.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:27 GMT
#896
On September 01 2022 02:28 CopCake wrote:
Tbh rels part of the reason why I consider you are mafia is your thinking progression, on the other hand now seeing that you went against HF, I consider that would be like a stupid mafia move.

I don't see mafia rels winning something out of it.

In mafia rels eyes, I would let town misslynch, maybe pocket and sheep someone, then disappear, then come back and be like "Oh sorry guys busy"

Tinfoiling atm.


TMI that I'm town possibly
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:31 GMT
#902
On September 01 2022 01:57 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 01:31 Holyflare wrote:

HF doesn't pocket anyone lol.
Soft TMI meta read on me

How is this one TMI?
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 01:31 Holyflare wrote:
On August 31 2022 09:08 Tubesock wrote:
That's how Rayn scumhunts. He looks at what HE expects people to think or do if they're town and if they don't meet that then he thinks they're mafia. Not sure why he got so triggered just now but meh.

He's not really talking game mechanics like you're saying it.

On August 31 2022 08:10 Tubesock wrote:
On August 31 2022 08:06 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Maybe Tubesock is also mafia. That post is quite... well...
deconduo's joke list post is better than Jock's quote-every-post posts, because both move the game forwards??
Then wait for who nitpicks on deconduo's post (like a... threat?), well i did, nothing happened in Tubesock's world.


Dude you nitpick everyone all the time haha that's not indicative of you at all. And you always misread some stuff and make it rayn on people. That's not indicative either for you.

TMI meta reads on Rayn

Yeah this one might be.


He doesn't really know my meta anymore, especially not after I've played quite a while on MU. To soft defend me in this way IMO is TMI because:

A) He knows I'm town
B) He says meta he thinks fits for that situation

If he was a townie in the dark I don't think he would defend me in this way, more like "I don't think HF likes to pocket". It's too definitive for someone whose alignment he shouldn't know.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:32 GMT
#904
On September 01 2022 03:31 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 03:27 Holyflare wrote:
On September 01 2022 02:28 CopCake wrote:
Tbh rels part of the reason why I consider you are mafia is your thinking progression, on the other hand now seeing that you went against HF, I consider that would be like a stupid mafia move.

I don't see mafia rels winning something out of it.

In mafia rels eyes, I would let town misslynch, maybe pocket and sheep someone, then disappear, then come back and be like "Oh sorry guys busy"

Tinfoiling atm.


TMI that I'm town possibly


It work both ways, there was a wagon... why would you change the direction?

And even if you were mafia and rels was your partner, it doesn't make sense to stage a fight when there was little time.


What wagon did who change direction on?

I think it makes sense to stage a fight, it's a good strategy and it was quite a while before deadline. Especially since I didn't even end up voting rels. Isn't that a bit weird to you?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:34 GMT
#905
On September 01 2022 03:31 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Also all you euros who are suddenly active, it's frustrating you weren't around an hour prior to discuss what was going on. Looking at you koshi and hf.


I retired from mafia specifically because I don't have time to play and want to prioritise my actual life and responsibilities. I only came back because Grack begged me to. So, yeah, I'll go do life stuff in favour of having to be around at deadline. Think I made my stances clear and we also talked about Dec during the night and Rayn brought up his past meta games (and I concluded this game looked most like his town game).

So even then, there was plenty to talk about that, which I noticed nobody did.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:36 GMT
#907
Did you comment on Slam or Tube at all? It's not really cool to talk down to people for not being here when you haven't even interacted with stuff that was brought up when you weren't around either.

Please do that at your earliest convenience.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:37 GMT
#910
On September 01 2022 03:36 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 03:32 Holyflare wrote:
On September 01 2022 03:31 CopCake wrote:
On September 01 2022 03:27 Holyflare wrote:
On September 01 2022 02:28 CopCake wrote:
Tbh rels part of the reason why I consider you are mafia is your thinking progression, on the other hand now seeing that you went against HF, I consider that would be like a stupid mafia move.

I don't see mafia rels winning something out of it.

In mafia rels eyes, I would let town misslynch, maybe pocket and sheep someone, then disappear, then come back and be like "Oh sorry guys busy"

Tinfoiling atm.


TMI that I'm town possibly


It work both ways, there was a wagon... why would you change the direction?

And even if you were mafia and rels was your partner, it doesn't make sense to stage a fight when there was little time.


What wagon did who change direction on?

I think it makes sense to stage a fight, it's a good strategy and it was quite a while before deadline. Especially since I didn't even end up voting rels. Isn't that a bit weird to you?


MZ was leading.



To be fair, I didn't really want to wagon MZ at deadline, I just didn't realise when it was. I would have voted Tube.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 18:46 GMT
#916
Given the wagons were MZ/Rels/Dec, I am leaving the onus on MZ or Rels to point out who all the mafia must be if from their perspective every wagon was probably town.

+ Show Spoiler +
Let's ignore that instead of calling the people who didn't appear around deadline mafia because they were likely just complacent and afk (with 3 "town" wagons), MZ just said we were annoying instead
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 31 2022 19:09 GMT
#924
On September 01 2022 03:50 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2022 03:36 Holyflare wrote:
Did you comment on Slam or Tube at all? It's not really cool to talk down to people for not being here when you haven't even interacted with stuff that was brought up when you weren't around either.

Please do that at your earliest convenience.

Alright sweet you're not reading the thread.

As I previously said, I can't read slam. But I can't for the life of me figure a scenario where slam hard defends rels and is scum. Decon dies and flips town, now slam is under suspicion for lynching town. If Rels is scum and dies, now slam is under suspicion for defending flipped scum.

No matter what happens, slam puts himself under a microscope which is not where scum want to be. The simplest solution is that slam is town, townread rels, and didn't want to lynch him.

While tube puts himself under less pressure than slam, he also participates in the eod vote switching, which if the lynch was really town v town v town as I suspect since I'm still town reading rels, I just don't see why scum tube would get involved.

Far easier to sit back and wait for the deadline to pass and then hop in with excuses. And believe me, I work too. I got 5 hours of sleep so I could be around at the deadline and I'm about to leave for work again. These games happen so rarely around here now I was kinda hoping people were going to put in more effort.


Why would mafia not want to save mafia? That's a bit of a stretch?

Also, I have read. I think "not being able to read slam" is a cop out. You can disassociate the name and still interact with points made against him.

The rest is okay, thanks
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 01 2022 13:55 GMT
#960
Mafia please don't role fish kill me. I'm playing lazy as VT, not because I have a role. Your time is wasted killing me
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 01 2022 17:06 GMT
#968
rip me I guess
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 01 2022 22:07 GMT
#993
I forgot about the vote thread and then I remembered it at some point when someone mentioned it but at that point I kinda just stopped putting weight into my own argument and stopped caring about fighting Rels. I think if he's mafia he's at least producing kind of content that's pushing the thread forward and getting people to speak about it which in the end was kind of a net positive, even if I think his "baiting me" thought process was total bs.

You lost points for your post because I thought you were defending Koshi from being miseliminated based on a previous game's outcome, which in the end was a good look. It turned out you weren't doing that but were talking about MZ, which is sort of doing the same thing as the original point about Koshi but there's a threefold reason why it's a net negative:

1) You're defending MZ against aggression without countering Koshi's points and just using meta which I just don't really like anymore and MZ hadn't even replied yet.

2) You were originally double defending Koshi and propping him up as a townie bastion (at least in my mind) but that disappeared when I actually learned what the sentence was about, so the post kinda just becomes an exercise in "Is this TMI or not?" rather than "This is a meta read that he's using to bolster his original thought".

3) At the time (and still kinda maybe) I thought MZ was mafia so ez ----- points for you.

A lot of your post is phrased like a detraction from me, like you're trying to scum read me but then you just jump into calling Rels mafia and Tube mafia lol? Why not just ask me a question about it?

Tube is absolutely mafia though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
September 01 2022 22:34 GMT
#995
I dunno I just retired and Grack made me come back so my enthusiasm to care about following up is kinda low, soz if I ordinarily would, I probably won't do much of that this game. I'm not sure what further discussion we could have had about it though. To be fair, it went from an A+ post to a B- so it's not like it was a "this is a bad post" more that it's "meh" but kinda also still agreed with what I thought about Koshi (at least him being townie) when catching up so it's not all bad.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O132
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12706
Shuttle 405
White-Ra 228
ZZZero.O 132
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm122
League of Legends
Doublelift5033
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4700
Other Games
summit1g9611
FrodaN2484
Liquid`RaSZi1948
C9.Mang0341
ToD323
crisheroes291
Livibee201
Pyrionflax139
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1050
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• musti20045 38
• Adnapsc2 35
• HeavenSC 20
• Sammyuel 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1594
• Shiphtur676
• WagamamaTV289
Upcoming Events
OSC
48m
Replay Cast
48m
OSC
13h 48m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.