• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13041 users

Chezinu streak(s) Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 24 2022 16:37 GMT
#69
/in
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2022 18:12 GMT
#103
I'm town
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2022 18:12 GMT
#104
On August 30 2022 03:11 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Alright. This i am okay with there being mafia rb that doesnt actually rb


What?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2022 19:17 GMT
#150
Wait where did Rayn clarify his post? I don't think the typo changes the question lol.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2022 19:22 GMT
#154
On August 30 2022 04:21 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 04:16 deconduo wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:15 Jockmcplop wrote:
On August 30 2022 04:12 deconduo wrote:
Anyone who's posts I like always turns out to be mafia

The question is, if you've noticed this pattern before, didn't you just vote for the people whose posts you liked?
How did it go?


Don't remember, its been years

Fair enough.

Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 04:17 deconduo wrote:
My old rule was always vote Palmar day 1

Oh its ok the rule is vote palmar day 1 or if he's not there vote holyflare.

Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 04:17 Holyflare wrote:
Wait where did Rayn clarify his post? I don't think the typo changes the question lol.

His post makes sense after the clarification. It didn't before, I assume that why you posted 'what?'.


Why does saying this game has a rber that doesn't rb make any sense? Can't find anything about it in the OP.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 13:23 GMT
#339
Playing on MU has ruined this website for me lol.

Also, I've grown and adapted as a human being so take this in full faith that I, as a townie, am doing this with the utmost sincerity because I really liked Koshi's MZ points (yes, this parrots what Rayn is saying above). I just think he extrapolated the read a smidge too far to apply it to copcake and then distracted himself.

##Vote MZ
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 13:40 GMT
#343
You are wrong.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 13:57 GMT
#346
Well you're right about me being lazy, I didn't really extrapolate more because I feel like Koshi summed up MZ pretty well. I think his posts are a bit robotic, needlessly antagonistic and nitpicky about things that I don't think people would normally take qualms with.

Koshi's post:

MZ: sticking out but not in a helpful way. Creating discussion around problems he created. Like "this joke" is mafia. Yes, I like Tube for pointing out the joke reads were hilarious. Should I like MZ for helping me like Tube? No. I dont think I will. But maybe I should. MZ helped me like Tube. Hmmm


Then he gets distracted with copcake and his copcake read is causing him to have back and forth thoughts on MZ. For instance, even though he concludes that it's probably tinfoil and could be a bus I think if you read between the lines in #285 his mind kind of settles on that maybe he's taking the MZ read too far (at least IMO).

After a bit of back and forth with Cop, he then kinda derails even further and just throws out random names.




As far as MZ is concerned:

• #246 I don't think Copcake could be considered fluff posting at any stage of the game (in fact, I get the same tinfoil vibes that Koshi did even because Copcake is such a random name to throw out that it doesn't look like anything more than partner vibes). In my view, it's obvious why Cop was asking Rayn about if I was in the game because that leads to the evaluation of whether what I'm posting has any merit to it or not. It doesn't seem like fluff at all. This is made even worse because #247 in the very next post he's even asking Rayn about his original post. Sure, it's a clarification and slightly helpful but it's the height of hypocrisy just after saying Cop was fluff posting about stuff like this.

• I think his general approach to Dec has been bad. Dec's post was obviously a joke, I'd made like 1 post calling myself town. In the same breath that he calls Dec mafia in #250 for not making it an obvious joke, he's highlighting my post saying "This is an obvious joke" but not putting two and two together that that was basically the only post I made so Dec's post is obviously massively facetious. In my mind, I would expect MZ to admit he might have misread it as serious when it was a joke and back off a bit but he doubles down and that's bad.

• #252 is what I would classify in my initial summary as "robotic". The "agree to disagree" into "talk to me about Jock" into "what do you think of Cop?" is such an awkwardly written post in comparison to anything else he's done. It feels clumsy, like he doesn't actually care about the follow up but he's just kind of leaving out empty questions. He hasn't elaborated any more about Cop since his first statement, hasn't highlighted any posts about Cop, nor has he been really determined to do anything about Cop. Compare this to what he talked about with regards to Dec and the tinfoil team is just reinforced even further.




Hope that clarifies stuff for you.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:05 GMT
#347
I will be protecting Koshi tonight.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:07 GMT
#350
On August 30 2022 23:06 deconduo wrote:
We're allowed to unvote and switch votes right? Don't see anything about it in the OP


Yes.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:07 GMT
#351
To clarify, I don't think Cop is scummy independently currently, I just have tinfoil purely based on MZ speculation.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:22 GMT
#353
It's fine if you disagree but I'm still going to pursue the MZ avenue because I will never trust anyone's individual meta reads over my own basic fact finding and interrogation on a game by game basis.

I think your explanation and Rayn's fit into the same category, although I think Rayn's can come from mafia sometimes since I feel like the explanation on Koshi is a bit overexplain-y and sure about himself (but it's been a while since I've played with rayn properly and in the back of my head it seems to fit with my picture of rayn just fine anyway).

I'm happy to give Rayn the benefit of the doubt and call him townie for it because building up town reads, especially in the form of Koshi, is nothing but beneficial in the early game and I think highlighting that Koshi got eliminated in the last game for doing the same thing really narrows down that avenue for a miselimination if Rayn were mafia (which I don't think would be his angle).



Vivax is in a bit of an odd spot. I've played a couple of games with him on MU and while he's been somewhat aloof in those games, there's been times where he's really driven down wild narratives/explanations that I haven't seen here yet. I don't think his vote on MZ is bad, obviously, and I don't really think saying it's the first filter he opened is bad lol but I do understand why he's not posting as much here. It's a bit of a tedious experience comparatively for quality of life features :D

Temporarily postponing thoughts on Vivax until he posts something useful that I disagree vehemently with (in which case he's probably town :D), or MZ shines like a townie beacon.

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:31 GMT
#358
On August 30 2022 23:30 CopCake wrote:
Let me get this right, HF.

There is a world in which me and Ziphh could be mafia together just because he threw my name out of nowhere?

Ooppss, I am super mafia for asking another thing.


Absolutely


With this caveat:

On August 30 2022 23:07 Holyflare wrote:
To clarify, I don't think Cop is scummy independently currently, I just have tinfoil purely based on MZ speculation.

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:46 GMT
#364
On August 30 2022 23:42 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 23:31 Holyflare wrote:
On August 30 2022 23:30 CopCake wrote:
Let me get this right, HF.

There is a world in which me and Ziphh could be mafia together just because he threw my name out of nowhere?

Ooppss, I am super mafia for asking another thing.


Absolutely


With this caveat:

On August 30 2022 23:07 Holyflare wrote:
To clarify, I don't think Cop is scummy independently currently, I just have tinfoil purely based on MZ speculation.



I honestly think that is like, bad reasoning.

Specially because he also mentioned jock first. Not just me and Deconduo list.

Even tho I agree that he taking deconduo's list seriously is bad, I kinda feel it is too bad to be mafia. I don't think mafia would try to put themselves in the spotlight early and be more wary of what they are posting.



I agree it's bad reasoning lol. Are you trying to convince me away from it or something?

Does it influence your read on me in any way?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:52 GMT
#366
On August 30 2022 23:50 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 23:46 Holyflare wrote:
On August 30 2022 23:42 CopCake wrote:
On August 30 2022 23:31 Holyflare wrote:
On August 30 2022 23:30 CopCake wrote:
Let me get this right, HF.

There is a world in which me and Ziphh could be mafia together just because he threw my name out of nowhere?

Ooppss, I am super mafia for asking another thing.


Absolutely


With this caveat:

On August 30 2022 23:07 Holyflare wrote:
To clarify, I don't think Cop is scummy independently currently, I just have tinfoil purely based on MZ speculation.



I honestly think that is like, bad reasoning.

Specially because he also mentioned jock first. Not just me and Deconduo list.

Even tho I agree that he taking deconduo's list seriously is bad, I kinda feel it is too bad to be mafia. I don't think mafia would try to put themselves in the spotlight early and be more wary of what they are posting.



I agree it's bad reasoning lol. Are you trying to convince me away from it or something?

Does it influence your read on me in any way?


Yes, it does and I am not trying to convince you, I am trying to understand you.


Thought I made myself quite clear though.

I don't scum read you, I just find that MZ's treatment of you is odd, his mentioning of you for something I don't think applies to you is bad and his hypocrisy in the very next post he made after it shows he doesn't actually even put any stock into his own read of you.

I can easily see it being a partner interaction regardless of what I think about my read on you.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 14:54 GMT
#367
If you're still concerned why I'm focusing on his read on you over his read on Jock, it's simply that his read on Jock seemed more fluid (and I could perhaps seem the reasoning behind it initially) and was lumped in with his read on Dec, whereas his read on you was separated into another post and brought up again later in order to seem contributory (and was incorrect anyway).
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 15:11 GMT
#369
I think Slam has a decent chance of being mafia too.

Firstly, I think his post here:

On August 30 2022 13:27 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2022 04:17 Holyflare wrote:
Wait where did Rayn clarify his post? I don't think the typo changes the question lol.

Yes it does.


Is needlessly regressive. If you were in the game Rayn was talking about (which Slam was) then clarifying the typo to "this game" means nothing because it should have been obvious what he was talking about from the onset, in which case nothing changes.

Secondly, his reference in his opening post including:

I'm gonna get lynched for this aren't I?


is just the right level of self-deprecation I'd expect from someone hypersensitive about how their posts come across which in my experience, Slam, at least as town, is not.

His further posts don't really lead to any kind of evaluation either. He was going to scum read Rayn but remembered Rayn was just bitter as either alignment, he gets into some weird mechanics argument with Dandel in #263 for a while (and actually in this post hesitates in scum reading Dandel?)

Then he circularly references his original suspicion in #269 saying he has no scum reads and that maybe Rayn is just mafia after all?

It doesn't read like a genuine thought process and I think he was afraid to push too far onto Dandel for fear of repercussions, rather than a genuine intent to solve Dandel's alignment.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 15:18 GMT
#370
Quite comfortable calling Dec town I think. He seems reasonable, laid back and like he's having fun in the early game, trying to joke around when people weren't really posting much and I think he drops independent thoughts enough (even though they're one liners) that I think it's enough of a pass to lump him in some arbitrary slightly townie category.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 15:28 GMT
#372
On August 30 2022 21:20 deconduo wrote:
Where did HF go? I think he's actually moving to my mafia list


By the way, why did you think this?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 30 2022 15:59 GMT
#379
On August 31 2022 00:56 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2022 00:36 Chezinu wrote:
On August 31 2022 00:26 Vivax wrote:
On August 30 2022 12:43 Chezinu wrote:
It looks like Grackaroni has vanished. Can anyone see the cruiseship? It appears the canoe is here... *eyes open outward* His body mustn't be far. Smells like the stinch left by fecal in the cave.


owie, who's gonna host now

Well, want an extended tour of the island? I've been here for quite some time.


Intriguing, my inner workings sometimes require me to be unhappy and feel good about it
I'm a curious fella tho


Do something yo
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM742
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 209
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 742
ByuN 338
TKL 338
Reynor 315
IndyStarCraft 209
Railgan 69
BRAT_OK 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53104
Bisu 2769
Calm 2489
FanTaSy 740
Stork 581
Rush 469
hero 283
firebathero 178
actioN 125
Sharp 90
[ Show more ]
Sea.KH 60
Free 51
Mong 30
ToSsGirL 30
Pusan 27
soO 25
Rock 24
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 16
Terrorterran 14
Aegong 13
scan(afreeca) 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc10619
Dendi1017
Counter-Strike
fl0m5401
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King68
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK11
Other Games
singsing2000
Liquid`RaSZi1577
B2W.Neo709
Beastyqt591
Khaldor506
Mlord486
olofmeister424
KnowMe340
crisheroes165
FrodaN71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV246
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 13
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach47
• Azhi_Dahaki8
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV531
League of Legends
• Nemesis3305
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1539
Other Games
• Shiphtur513
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 36m
OSC
6h 36m
Replay Cast
6h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.