• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:23
CEST 15:23
KST 22:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9715 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 22 2020 22:19 GMT
#25
/in or /replace

Whichever is preferred/makes the game better.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 23 2020 23:05 GMT
#77
On November 14 2020 00:40 GreYMisT wrote:
You may not vote for yourself.
I was assuming this included the mayoral vote, though I suppose I could be wrong.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 23 2020 23:21 GMT
#79
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is

If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 23 2020 23:33 GMT
#83
On November 24 2020 08:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is

If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?

You know, pretty much everything is so wrong in this post.
Well, this should be interesting Care to enlighten us?

Obviously my idea about everyone voting for the same target isn't great. I left it in because I found it funny. But other than that, I'm interested in your take on Alakaslam? I'm more than happy to share my reasoning, but I'd like to know what you think first.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 23 2020 23:38 GMT
#86
On November 24 2020 08:35 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is

If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?

I disagree. That gives pardoner to mafia as you say here? What?

You are saying you town read me and therefore scum read me?

Not good sir collect thoughts or get caught
Yeah, it's a bad idea, but it's funny. That said, I'd say it's fairly likely mafia gets at least one of the two roles (mayor and pardoner) regardless (assuming they want to). Given that they have 2-3 votes in a 10-player game, things would have to go pretty perfectly for them to not be able to take one of the roles if they so desire.

And I'm not scumreading you, it's a town lean.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 23 2020 23:52 GMT
#93
On November 24 2020 08:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:33 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is

If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?

You know, pretty much everything is so wrong in this post.
Well, this should be interesting Care to enlighten us?

Obviously my idea about everyone voting for the same target isn't great. I left it in because I found it funny. But other than that, I'm interested in your take on Alakaslam? I'm more than happy to share my reasoning, but I'd like to know what you think first.

I dont understand why you write a whole paragraph on your idea of everyone voting for the same target, then dismiss it for something mafia would never do. I dont understand why you tell me "well we will see" instead of reading the daypost again and figure out you're actually wrong as i said. Because the daypost clearly says you may vote for yourself for the mayor. Even your paragraph introduces that while you "dont know if it's true or not". Now i dont really know why you are lying in case youre mafia but at best that's just wasted time.

I cannot tell Slam's alignment. My gut says he might be town but i really cant read him that well i think. However i don't understand if you read him as town so far how does whatever people say sway your opinion as you said you apparently cant read him aswell?
Yeah, you're right, I see it in the daypost now. I read everything 2-3 times but still managed to miss it >< Admittedly I was focused on the setup post and not the day post but still. Not sure how I missed it, my apologies.

Like I said, I thought it was a funny idea so I didn't bother deleting it. I guess I have a strange sense of humor.

I don't think anything people say would change my opinion of Alakaslam, I don't ask to figure out more about Alakaslam's alignment, rather I asked to try and help figure out yours. Your answer isn't particularly helpful, but it's also understandable, so not much was gained. Oh well.

For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 00:00 GMT
#98
On November 24 2020 08:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

I think i agree with other parts of your post, but why would Slam NOT candidate himself as mayor as mafia? Why would anyone, regardless of alignment, per se not wanna be mayor?

Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.

really? so mylo D2 if the mayor lynches town? even worse if the mayor/pardoner happens to be mafia....
As to the second part, I dunno, I didn't really think a ton about it. I just don't count anything 100% out in terms of setup. It doesn't really matter anyway, no?

I am not saying that Alakaslam wouldn't try to make himself mayor as mafia. He likely would. I feel that the way he has gone about it is genuine and towny.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 04:57 GMT
#130
On November 24 2020 12:51 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:57 Hapahauli wrote:
Regardless if you take offense or not, that was uncalled for on my part. I do feel as if the "theme" of our last few games played is that you attribute certain qualities to my very early-game town plan, I do not meet those "expectations", and I get called mafia for a longer period of time than I would prefer.

It is a bit of a self-meta thing, but I tend to dislike making any sort of concrete reads in the early game unless I am very confident in the read. Once I articulate a read, I find it very mentally difficult to go back and re-evaluate it seriously. Hence, I keep my reads "notepad", but I do avoid posting every little one in thread, lest I inadvertently commit myself to a town read for bad reasons.

Regarding Mayor... I kinda don't want to run? It's a lot of responsibility, and I tend to enjoy games more where I am not forced to take a leadership role. If it becomes apparent that there is no good choice for mayor, I will likely campaign for myself. But I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I almost never make early reads unless I get the sense that I'm on track to be lynched if I don't start taking stances.

I just don't tend to get strong feeling from the first few things people post unless something strikes me as exceptionally out of character or inconsistent.

Grackaroni, can I ask what the purpose of this post was?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 05:06 GMT
#132
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 05:23 GMT
#135
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 05:33 GMT
#137
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 05:52 GMT
#139
On November 24 2020 14:43 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:33 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Meh that's fine.

I don't understand part of your accusation but I think perhaps I misread the end of your post as a bit of showmanship like you're overly playing to an audience.
If I can help you understand something please let me know and I'll happily try; I guess at this point I was more curious to see what you do from here, I'm not sure if continuing to discuss these points with you at this time will bear much more fruit.

Do you have any thoughts on Alakaslam and/or why I have a town lean on him?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 06:03 GMT
#140
While I'm at it, raynpelikoneet feels a bit off to me too. Reason being that he seemed like a bit of a push-over. No quotes right now because I'm on my phone and I'm too lazy to get up and walk to my computer. I'm used to raynpelikoneet being fairly stubborn, so this behavior seems strange to me.

He said he couldn't read Alakaslam, and then later agreed about leaning town on Alakaslam. And he was suspicious of me for sensible reasons, and then ended up calling me maybe town.

It would make sense if he liked my townread of Alakaslam, agreeing with it and then townreading me as well, but (1) would that really be enough to sway him from his initial read in both cases, and (2) he continued to poke at my Alakaslam townread to point out what he perceived as flaws with it.

Hm.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 06:28 GMT
#142
On November 24 2020 15:06 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 14:52 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:43 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:33 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:30 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:11 Grackaroni wrote:
On November 24 2020 14:06 Trfel wrote:
Hm.

Because to me, it seems very out of place. No one asked you for any reads or what you thought about early game reads. It doesn't read like you're defending Hapahauli or his statement, the only relation is that Hapahauli's post is quoted. And to top it off, you threw in a wishy-washy backsies clause at the end.

And while me and my microscopic vocabulary had to look up the definition of commiseration, I don't really see how it fits that either, or why that would even be needed here.

One point I could forgive, but all together it seems like quite a strange post to me.

Hapa's statement is fine with me. I understand not being a player who jumps the gun with early conclusions.

I'm not sure what you're on about with your backsies clause I was just relating my own experience lol. To be honest I think you're trying to dig yourself out of a hole from how you were percieved earlier.
What hole? (rhetorical) And sure, I get that you're fine with Hapahauli's statement, but it doesn't really warrant defending, and even if it did that would be a really weird way of doing it. Thus, your post was quite pointless.

A pointless post doesn't guarantee someone to be mafia, but I'm happy to jump on it for now. I don't think I need anything else from you at the moment, I'll see how you play and continue to evaluate.

Rayn called out one of your posts and Slam says you shat on the carpet and all of a sudden you're yelling about my backsies and acting tough.

I don't really care about Hapa's post one way or another. If he had said that pre-game I would have responded the same.
At this point I'm almost more confused by your reaction than the initial post itself?

I'm not yelling and I'm not acting tough, I'm not even being tough? I'm deeply confused here. Though if I did something to upset you, I truly am sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Meh that's fine.

I don't understand part of your accusation but I think perhaps I misread the end of your post as a bit of showmanship like you're overly playing to an audience.
If I can help you understand something please let me know and I'll happily try; I guess at this point I was more curious to see what you do from here, I'm not sure if continuing to discuss these points with you at this time will bear much more fruit.

Do you have any thoughts on Alakaslam and/or why I have a town lean on him?

I don't understand what you mean when you say I threw a wishy-washy backsy-clause in my post, though I don't think you understand the intention of my post to begin with. I wasn't weighing in either way on Hapa's alignment. I was just sharing my own feeling about being expected to make early game reads.

For your Slam read I don't agree. It seems like Slam is earnestly trying to become mayor but it seems a bit out of character to me. He pretty frequently tries to lynch himself to avoid being in LYLO as town so I don't know why town Slam would want to place extra responsibility on himself to decide the lynch all by himself.
You basically said "I don't like to make/commit to early reads unless something really sticks out." The "unless something really sticks out" part is the take-back clause, basically like saying "I am like this, unless I'm not." It somewhat invalidates what is being said. It's similar to saying "this person is mafia unless ... " which is really weak because it doesn't have any conclusion.

I guess I'm then just wondering why you felt the need to share your opinion on early game reads? I don't think anyone was super interested (not that we don't care, it just didn't seem the most relevant at the time, if that makes sense?).

That's an interesting point about Alakaslam, I'll have ro think about that. His persistence about the mayor stuff with little substance is giving me pause too.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 18:21 GMT
#213
On November 24 2020 21:09 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 09:00 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.

I think i agree with other parts of your post, but why would Slam NOT candidate himself as mayor as mafia? Why would anyone, regardless of alignment, per se not wanna be mayor?

On November 24 2020 08:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why do you think there is 3 mafia?
Slight possibility, no? Given the KP formula in the setup post rather than just saying 1 KP.

really? so mylo D2 if the mayor lynches town? even worse if the mayor/pardoner happens to be mafia....
As to the second part, I dunno, I didn't really think a ton about it. I just don't count anything 100% out in terms of setup. It doesn't really matter anyway, no?

I am not saying that Alakaslam wouldn't try to make himself mayor as mafia. He likely would. I feel that the way he has gone about it is genuine and towny.


Hi trfel! Can you see how his run might not seem to me to come from a town perspective at all? Sure it looks like it but also you can also just as easily look at it as mafia trying to get free protection without having to risk anything because town gets the blame for the lynch and not slam.
Hey Jockmcplop! I guess I see what you are saying, I was primarily thinking about the Day 1 lynch aspect of the mayoral role and less about the protection aspect. I'll keep thinking about it.
On November 24 2020 22:44 Jockmcplop wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:
I don't think anything people say would change my opinion of Alakaslam, I don't ask to figure out more about Alakaslam's alignment, rather I asked to try and help figure out yours. Your answer isn't particularly helpful, but it's also understandable, so not much was gained. Oh well.

For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.


This post is bizarre.
He says he doesn't think anything anyone will say will change his opinion of slam.

But then later on:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 15:28 Trfel wrote:
That's an interesting point about Alakaslam, I'll have ro think about that. His persistence about the mayor stuff with little substance is giving me pause too.



Also:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:52 Trfel wrote:

For me, Alakaslam's mayor candidacy feels genuine. While I don't necessarily agree with his "pliable" argument, it seems to come from a town perspective. I also like his tone this game, it feels like a good balance between serious and playful, which I think is hard for Alakaslam as scum. I've seen him play both very joking and very serious as mafia, but a balance like shown here is harder to achieve.


Slam's pliable argument IS his entire campaign. Vote for him because he must be town because a vote for him is a vote for whatever town decides, therefore he must be town.
I don't see how that comes from a town perspective.

Trfel's start is all full of contradictions. He seems ultra confident about slam's tone and then seems to drop that line of thought so easily.
Honestly, I didn't really expect other people to come up with compelling points that I hadn't thought of. Evidently I was wrong

I liked Alakaslam's opening, it felt very genuine to me, but his play after that has been rightfully pointed out as more suspicious.
On November 25 2020 00:40 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2020 08:21 Trfel wrote:
On November 24 2020 05:59 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Let's be bold and say that TT is town this game.
I have to agree with you, that is quite bold indeed
On November 24 2020 08:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Youre wrong.
Fair enough, I suppose we'll see eventually.

In other news, I kinda like Alakaslam this game. Which likely means he's mafia, he has a tendency to be the opposite alignment of whatever I think he is


If possible, I think it may be wise to control the votes such that all of the votes are on the same person, thus making there no Pardoner as there is no one in second place (or would it then be randomized... so many questions). Though unfortunately that seems very difficult to control, and if it's possible to vote for oneself, it may be worthwhile for mafia to ninja vote because it would take two lynches to eliminate them. Maybe not such a good idea after all. Ah well.

Hi all Any thoughts about Alakaslam?


I think I've seen Slam as scum only once, tops twice. IIRC.
Since you have something in mind where this happened, do you remember the game? Or did you just scumread him when he was town. Either way I'm not a fan of this reasoning, mafia sometimes are the friendliest guys in the game, or girls in the case of cop last game.

I like the idea to not have a pardoner in the game but would probably not expect it to work.
I forget the exact game, but I do have a specific game in mind. I remember generally scumreading Alakaslam and then the game I townread him, he was mafia. I don't mean that I "like" him in that he's friendly, but rather I liked his play, in that it seemed to come from a town perspective.

@Alakaslam, why did you initially want to lynch Vivax? Sorry I'm having trouble seeing why.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 18:32 GMT
#217
Thanks for explaining. Makes sense.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 24 2020 23:56 GMT
#270
@raynpelikoneet, sorry I missed you today I've been feeling really poor mentally, ended up sleeping through most of the day. Upside is I'll be up pretty late at night, but probably going to bed by about the time you get up again I wanted to discuss things with you and be around at the same time, that's my fault.

Will you be around tomorrow before the deadline?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 25 2020 00:07 GMT
#275
On November 25 2020 07:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think Vivax is actually reading the game and making at least vivax!reasonable points. I think he is like my nemesis when we are both town (lol), he will probably call me mafia like 100 times this game and i think his conspiracy theories can even ruin the game for the town at times.... But anyways i think there has been like one game pretty much EVER when i have not been able to determine Vivax as mafia -- and very early -- when he has been mafia. He can post stupid ass shit, he can not even make any sense at all but the no matter if the game is 10 pages or 100 pages mafia!Vivax doesn't care to read the thread at all with any insight, period. Pretty much it was the post i asked him about, the Slam thing about Slam trying to make friends with you Hapa. I think it is too convoluted read to make if you are Vivax and play as mafia as Vivax plays as mafia. That's pretty much it, there are some other minor points like him getting and WILLFULLY getting into an argument with you, but the main point is that he is genuinely reading the game more than mafia!Vivax would.
As a counterpoint to this, isn't the one game where you failed to catch Vivax as mafia his only recent mafia game? I could be wrong on that, but I remember that game recently where Vivax actually played the game as mafia for one of the first times, and it was significantly different from his previously typical mafia play (which was easily identifiable).

Since he's demonstrated his capabilities as mafia, I think that makes him much harder to read, especially early on. I'm just interested in your thoughts on that, and if you included that in your read?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 25 2020 00:25 GMT
#286
On November 25 2020 09:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think you are morely focused on Vivax' meta and i am focused on his meta and then idk our worlds collide ffs lol.... :D
I don't feel too focused on Vivax's meta? I just know he's a capable scum player, and I don't feel like he's done anything out of that range yet. I'm confident his alignment will become more clear over time, I always think that lynches and deadlines make it much easier to discern players' alignments.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
November 25 2020 00:29 GMT
#291
On November 25 2020 09:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2020 09:25 Trfel wrote:
On November 25 2020 09:17 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I think you are morely focused on Vivax' meta and i am focused on his meta and then idk our worlds collide ffs lol.... :D
I don't feel too focused on Vivax's meta? I just know he's a capable scum player, and I don't feel like he's done anything out of that range yet. I'm confident his alignment will become more clear over time, I always think that lynches and deadlines make it much easier to discern players' alignments.

uh.. then we have a problem. because i dont have him as "capable scum player" at all.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. IMO you have to assume someone can play to the top of their scum range, and Vivax has demonstrated at least a decent scum range. Even if typically he hasn't hit that.

I like Vivax's play so far and I'd town lean him I think, but I'm not too confident yet.
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 334
SteadfastSC163
ComeBackTV 146
Rex110
CosmosSc2 36
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 163
ProTech130
Rex 110
CosmosSc2 36
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 52765
Hyuk 1585
firebathero 1211
Jaedong 1021
Soma 469
EffOrt 433
Horang2 428
Mini 389
Soulkey 387
BeSt 329
[ Show more ]
Last 320
actioN 307
Stork 288
Zeus 263
Light 247
Larva 236
ggaemo 206
Rush 187
910 154
Snow 151
ZerO 106
Killer 84
Pusan 69
Mind 58
Shine 53
hero 48
Creator 48
Free 40
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Bale 24
JYJ 23
ToSsGirL 20
sorry 18
HiyA 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 15
yabsab 14
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Rock 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9866
Dendi781
Counter-Strike
markeloff128
edward21
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1731
crisheroes1534
Other Games
gofns43352
singsing2085
olofmeister1347
B2W.Neo895
hiko448
byalli328
XBOCT292
Pyrionflax259
DeMusliM220
Liquid`VortiX84
ArmadaUGS66
Mew2King64
QueenE37
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1802
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH360
• StrangeGG 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1535
• Nemesis646
• TFBlade143
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 37m
OSC
23h 37m
Stellar Fest
23h 37m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.