• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:39
CEST 03:39
KST 10:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9456 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 109 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:23 GMT
#641
I don't think what I've said is blatantly false. After damdred flipped and I said Mocsta next he accused myself and df of being mafia for nothing. I said this was massively convenient and shouldn't be a normal progression based on me sharing the same MOTIVE read on damdred. He said he had no idea what I was talking about and then quoted what I said. So he had to go back and actually find stuff because he hadn't read me.

He is calling things scummy and not researching.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:24 GMT
#642
On January 21 2018 21:23 Holyflare wrote:
I don't think what I've said is blatantly false. After damdred flipped and I said Mocsta next he accused myself and df of being mafia for nothing. I said this was massively convenient and shouldn't be a normal progression based on me sharing the same MOTIVE read on damdred. He said he had no idea what I was talking about and then quoted what I said. So he had to go back and actually find stuff because he hadn't read me.

He is calling things scummy and not researching.


Which wouldn't be a problem because I do that all the time but I reevaluate if it's something that blatant. Which Mocsta is seriously lacking. I don't think his reads have progression. It's just someone is maybe scummy for something into now this person is scummy with no reason in between.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 12:28 GMT
#643
On January 21 2018 21:21 Holyflare wrote:
I also don't understand what you mean about a btdt/damdred town world and him not being mafia?


Mocsta was darth foley's main push, as I remember it. That's a strange buss for darth foley.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:31 GMT
#644
On January 21 2018 21:06 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 20:55 Holyflare wrote:
On January 21 2018 20:17 rsoultin wrote:
On January 21 2018 20:02 Holyflare wrote:
On January 21 2018 19:33 Mocsta wrote:
This is not a reason to lynch homyflare... just a general fact.


He is harder to lynh as the game goes on
Whether town or scum

I actually think damerion stupid caae/poke on a good town player is more likely to originate feom town. Almost suicide if scum... outcome is clear from the current sentiment...

To me focus for this lynch is holyflare mderg and perhaps damerion.

I still like twat regardless of disappearing.



What are you even talking about lol? I've been lynched pretty consistently and easily the past few games.


As for you...

Hello. Welcome to the game. If you'd like to join my town circle, please do feel free to actually I don't know make some reads. Help me solve the game. All that fun stuff. The mocsta read is getting old.

You have new information! New thoughts to accompany them?


I don't think my mocsta read is old at all. His reasons for voting damdred didn't make sense when the post before his vote was literally calling out df. I don't think it's a natural progression in the slightest to share the same read as someone but also be calling them mafia. This is abundantly clear on day 1 from his wishy washy list post that says nothing and these posts are repeated a lot of times. He called me mafia but conveniently couldn't remember any of the points I raised about myself which means he didn't actually read anything I wrote before calling me mafia.

Also don't care about lynching into prplhz/Damerion anymore. Thought prplhz donating his vote to you was towny but he didn't vote with you so definitely lynch. Damerion has no follow up. Nothing to give. Would rather lynch prplhz though over him until he posts.


Tina's little devil man on her shoulder is saying "Well, you know, if holyflare is scum this game it's probably with damerion." But that aside, it makes sense from you as town to prefer Damerion, too.

Mrt. Yeah I don't see the wishy washy as scummy wishy washy. I'm wishy-washying all over the damn place. I might be able to figure out what you mean by the bolded filter diving but would you quote, please?

Also I just really find it...at the very least awful play...to be focusing on mocsta in a btdt/damdred town world. Or even just a damdred town world. Why buss the teammate who probably won't be lynched over the one who very well could be with or without you? Though btdt is probably just town, cause why not vote damdred or at least push btdt harder if you're going to buss your scummate anyway?

Doesn't seem scum v. scum to me. You don't see that?


Your wishy washy is uncertainty and hedging. Mocsta's looks like give x reason and throw in "maybe he's mafia" for no reason and he doesn't reevaluate it.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:32 GMT
#645
On January 21 2018 21:28 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 21:21 Holyflare wrote:
I also don't understand what you mean about a btdt/damdred town world and him not being mafia?


Mocsta was darth foley's main push, as I remember it. That's a strange buss for darth foley.


Bussing is having a resurgence massively. I don't really care who df pushed weakly or not.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:38 GMT
#646
Maybe I should do a good old fashioned case.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 12:38 GMT
#647
On January 21 2018 21:24 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 21:23 Holyflare wrote:
I don't think what I've said is blatantly false. After damdred flipped and I said Mocsta next he accused myself and df of being mafia for nothing. I said this was massively convenient and shouldn't be a normal progression based on me sharing the same MOTIVE read on damdred. He said he had no idea what I was talking about and then quoted what I said. So he had to go back and actually find stuff because he hadn't read me.

He is calling things scummy and not researching.


Which wouldn't be a problem because I do that all the time but I reevaluate if it's something that blatant. Which Mocsta is seriously lacking. I don't think his reads have progression. It's just someone is maybe scummy for something into now this person is scummy with no reason in between.


To be fair, it's actually quite reasonable to believe that you might be scum with darth foley.

You both pushed mocsta.

You pushed a town lynch on Damdred. Which, by the way, if you're town...shame on you. I don't care if Damerion's Christ returned from the grave; you know how spot on my read on Damdred is. Even if Damerion's town, he just put the meta read he's using together. Trusting him over me was stupid. And it's not like you've been acting like you think I could be scum at all.

When Btdt was who we were talking about as a counterwagon you were fairly laidback about it, then stirred yourself up something pretty when people started voting darth foley, yelling that Damdred was scum. When asked, you weren't townreading darth foley. Clearly you weren't townreading btdt, either. And yes, I know, I know, you were at work and capable of posting still but not till you got home did you start on Damdred yada yada got it.

What I'm saying is, why do you think that using some of mocsta's points to push a town lynch should make him want to townread you? Would you townread you?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 12:38 GMT
#648
On January 21 2018 21:32 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2018 21:28 rsoultin wrote:
On January 21 2018 21:21 Holyflare wrote:
I also don't understand what you mean about a btdt/damdred town world and him not being mafia?


Mocsta was darth foley's main push, as I remember it. That's a strange buss for darth foley.


Bussing is having a resurgence massively. I don't really care who df pushed weakly or not.


It wasn't weak. That's the weird part.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:44 GMT
#649
It was weak because df didn't go ham on voting mocsta he switched.

I would also lynch damdred all over again for his reaction and the fact that his biggest scum read on df had half a sentence dedicated to lynching him.

I'm not a player that goes off feels I go on hard evidence about what people have done and what they are pushing. Damdred looks like survival.

I would absolutely town read myself because I wouldn't put myself into a position to look bad from a flip.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:48 GMT
#650
Despite my want to lynch Mocsta, he's posting and I have a chance to be wrong (even with his repeated bs posts in between mine and the fact I don't think I'm wrong) I still want to lynch prplhz first. His vote is by far the most mafia indicative.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 12:50 GMT
#651
Also I don't expect you to understand why I put so much weight behind Damerion but I truly haven't seen him be wrong on a mafia lynch yet and he seemed certain so I put a lot of weight into him. Seemed really hail mary if he's mafia to look awful after a damdred flip. Didn't seem necessary at all.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 12:54 GMT
#652
On January 21 2018 21:48 Holyflare wrote:
Despite my want to lynch Mocsta, he's posting and I have a chance to be wrong (even with his repeated bs posts in between mine and the fact I don't think I'm wrong) I still want to lynch prplhz first. His vote is by far the most mafia indicative.


Maybe you should go off feels Your evidence sucks balls.

Anyway, you know I'd lynch a prp. It's my idea, after all. I'm revisiting Damerion today, might put my own case together if I still feel strongly enough about his being scum. Thanks for at least helping me keep this from turning into a shitfight between you and mocsta again.

Toodles.

@mocsta, thanks for the same. I'm done with him for now.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 21 2018 12:56 GMT
#653
On January 21 2018 21:50 Holyflare wrote:
Also I don't expect you to understand why I put so much weight behind Damerion but I truly haven't seen him be wrong on a mafia lynch yet and he seemed certain so I put a lot of weight into him. Seemed really hail mary if he's mafia to look awful after a damdred flip. Didn't seem necessary at all.


I know you have. Nevertheless, memories are imperfect. And his town games are impressive. This just proves I'm still the Damdred whisperer. And! If Damerion is scum, I'll have you to thank for sending me to his past games, so there's that.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 13:07 GMT
#654
Where has he been wrong about a lynch he's pushed?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 21 2018 13:15 GMT
#655
On January 21 2018 21:23 Holyflare wrote:
I don't think what I've said is blatantly false. After damdred flipped and I said Mocsta next he accused myself and df of being mafia for nothing. I said this was massively convenient and shouldn't be a normal progression based on me sharing the same MOTIVE read on damdred. He said he had no idea what I was talking about and then quoted what I said. So he had to go back and actually find stuff because he hadn't read me.

He is calling things scummy and not researching.
Seriously, you're really starting to agitate me with this continual reaching

On January 19 2018 11:55 Mocsta wrote:
[...]
Priority #1: What to make of damerion/damdred case
  • Case is quite subjective to me, and presents a damned-if-you, damned-if-you-don't argument.
    Acceptable for early Day1 and overall, I catergorise this as a poke.
  • Damdred brushing off the case is only indicative of confidence, rather than alignment
  • Damerion followup is OK given the case/poke premise of meta.
  • Damdred wanting to work together is only indicative of understanding the game mechanics , rather than alignment.
.
I never agreed with your rationale behind voting Damdred
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 21 2018 13:21 GMT
#656
That thing you've highlighted literally says it has nothing to do with his alignment and isn't what I'm talking about at all.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 21 2018 13:22 GMT
#657
HF.
what are you vibing from mderg?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 21 2018 13:24 GMT
#658
On January 21 2018 22:21 Holyflare wrote:
That thing you've highlighted literally says it has nothing to do with his alignment and isn't what I'm talking about at all.
Precisely why i commented on your vagueness prior...

As an aside, I truly do not remember you being such a poor communicator.
I am an overly intuitive person, and I am struggling to keep up with where you believe you are going.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 21 2018 13:37 GMT
#659
On January 20 2018 05:26 Damerion wrote:
Just got off shift, apologies.

Listen to me, yes it is possible I am tunneled upon my friend Damdred. However look at his actions around this lynch.

He has no interactions with BTDT, no interactions with Mocsta, No real interactions with DarthFoley.

And yet someone who thrives on interactions and town hunting has no dynamic shifts in his reads. And yet has come up with these reads that do not change and he pushes withbsupreme confidence.

This is not the day one Damdred who flip flops and changes with the wind.

Also look at how he is handling the lynch, he just wants to get the vote knto Darthfoley and secure it away from himself without encouraging discussion.

I understand I am hyper focused but if you look at my past games I am generally right. So please follow me.
in hindsight .. i dont like this post
Note the capital No mid sentence.. reflects to me an importance om darthfoley

Want to hear more from this guy.

Tell me about mderg pls
Kmatt
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1019 Posts
January 21 2018 16:26 GMT
#660
On January 21 2018 18:54 rsoultin wrote:
I'm still leary of kmatt's behavior when he was in thread the final 24 hours of day 1 more than once, and also posted night 1, but for some reason didn't vote despite saying he thought damdred was town. There's just less incentive for scum to behave that way if darthfoley is scum, I think. With the caveat that the lynch never really shaped up into a darthfoley lynch, of course, which is why he's still in my scum pile.

I was going to say that btdt and mocsta are probably just town for this but then I waffled. In part because darth foley's scum call-out when he returned to the thread would then be all townies which is possible but...idk I feel like usually there's a scum in there.

If btdt is scum, then darth foley focusing on mocsta and pushing that pretty hard while more or less ignoring Damdred and failing to take a stance there seems odd. It's a buss on btdt that doesn't get him any credit if btdt flips because he never really pushed it. Then again, it could have been an early scum v. scum callout that he then felt he couldn't back out of but didn't want to push. I just find it weird he doesn't then angle for 'finding' Damdred scum when he had no strong position on him anyway.

If mocsta is scum, darth foley isn't playing a very good scum game. He's bussing a scummate pretty hard while two townies are up for lynch, and then himself. No, mocsta is unlikely to become the lynch, but it's not ideal for his own survival and there's not much town cred you can get from that later if mocsta flips scum. Since playing poorly is not outside the realm of possibility, though, that line of thinking gets me nowhere.

All three being scum also seems unlikely.

I think I'd rather not lynch btdt and mocsta today. Mocsta cause tonally I still find him townish, btdt because Day 1 seems weird if he's scum with darth foley and I keep hoping he'll give us more to go on.


I didn't realize that I never checked the deadline time until about an hour after I missed it. I've been super absent though. I always find myself busier than I expect when I join these things. I should have time for a nice long sit-down-and read today as opposed to skimming on my phone.
We CAN have nice things
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech162
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12780
Shuttle 676
Artosis 591
Dewaltoss 25
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm147
League of Legends
Doublelift4014
Counter-Strike
taco 521
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox493
AZ_Axe110
Other Games
summit1g9099
shahzam724
Day[9].tv527
C9.Mang0287
Maynarde147
WinterStarcraft124
ViBE103
Trikslyr73
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV196
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv527
Upcoming Events
OSC
21h 21m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 8h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.