• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:00
CEST 20:00
KST 03:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8740 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 109 Next
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:32 GMT
#261
On January 19 2018 17:14 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:09 Holyflare wrote:
And just because I'm not posting much or am sitting along and antagonising doesn't make me mafia. It's disingenuous to say I'm one of the best players on the site (I'd argue I'm only good at playing mafia) so I'm mafia for being underwhelming and not responding. That's a bad read.

Lol what?

I expect you to want to figure out my alignment and work with me. I don't require you to be superman.

Nor do I believe for an instant that you don't consider yourself a good town player. When did that happen?


I used to be very good sure.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:36 GMT
#262
I don't care about figuring your alignment out. My new playstyle is find mafia read push and evaluate everyone based on flip. Don't have time nor care about anything else. Hence why I haven't made any comment on anyone other than my scum reads and about twat agreeing with my thoughts at the time.

A lot of people have an opposite opinion on damdred despite him still not providing anything useful or damdred-y. Every post he posts reminds me of Donald Trump speaking in that it's a lot of pomp and no substance.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:38 GMT
#263
Enough about me. I'm pretty sure you had damdred at suspicious so quote exactly what has changed your mind?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:39 GMT
#264
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 08:48 GMT
#265
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 08:53 GMT
#266
On January 19 2018 02:41 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 02:33 TheTwatyEvildoer wrote:
On January 19 2018 02:22 Damdred wrote:
All of these votes makes me feel special.

Is interesting that Rs didn't even ask me anything just talking about me without a ton of solid conclusion, really intriguing.

Exactly what I stated. So what are you going to do with this logic?

You are currently being voted by four people. Throwing posts shading other players isn't help your case.

Also your "baby" is gung-ho about voting you.


I really do not care about "pressure" if the only reason you are voting me is to pressure me then it is futile. I work when I want to work and otherwise I roll around the thread until something interesting happens.

And as for being lynched? Well I could probably care more but we will see what happens at eod.

If I am lynched the people who refuse to really take a stand or characterize others for being scummy for doing so (mderg for instance) should be looked at pretty closely, I do not like his postings at this point even if he is defending me.

In any case i'll have some form of team for post game cred before long anyway, you children and my babies just have fun rolling around until I do.


-shrugs- tonally it reads Damdred to me. And the rest of his play is fine. I found the bouncy response weird but this fits better. No, I don't and never have a better read and I don't make up reasons. Fully aware that makes me less persuasive.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 08:56 GMT
#267
On January 18 2018 22:33 Damdred wrote:
Thats an interesting meta read on me I guess? And the praise given I enjoy bathing in it.

But I disagree with the read, firstly I do recognize my word usage of the word like has at times.... been extreme. And I am surprised that nobody has really caught it a bit to that point. But once I realized what I was doing a few games ago with getting excited I decided it was time to eliminate it just because as you put it sounding like "a valley girl" is not appealing to me lol.

As for the rest well there just isn't much to go on at this point no? so whats wrong with building a town circle built on what I have seen, people who agree with my view of the game is a good place to start with. Or at least people I do not want to fight with (HF baby don't leave me).

really interesting you came out against me though, not sure what it makes you. I am a hard target so I give you credit damer for coming at me, but also seems like a way to change conversation away from DF and moc who I guess you have at null?

So hm I guess i'm leaning town on damer seems a bit suicidal way to bring attention to himself in that way especially with the game kinda stale?


Also tonally this feels calm, even bemused, not panicked.

I could sum it up as lol, kay? i guess I could see you believing that as town.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 09:01 GMT
#268
On January 19 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.


I don't believe he knows that as EITHER alignment. If Damerion is town and Damdred is mafia then Damdred knows categorically that Damerion isn't lying and so it must be true. Or at least he thinks it to be true. This is why the only correct response as town is to say "well your meta is wrong then" whereas his response is to acknowledge it's true and that he's changing it conveniently. It's sheer mafia survival and panic.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 09:14 GMT
#269
On January 19 2018 18:01 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.


I don't believe he knows that as EITHER alignment. If Damerion is town and Damdred is mafia then Damdred knows categorically that Damerion isn't lying and so it must be true. Or at least he thinks it to be true. This is why the only correct response as town is to say "well your meta is wrong then" whereas his response is to acknowledge it's true and that he's changing it conveniently. It's sheer mafia survival and panic.


Also to further add to that if Damdred did do that and realised as town I don't think he makes his town game more unnatural and removes it. He should add it to his mafia play.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 19 2018 09:18 GMT
#270
Can we just lynch Rels?
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 19 2018 09:32 GMT
#271
On January 19 2018 16:08 Mocsta wrote:
Tell me, does this fit within your knowledge of how damdred plays?
Everything about him to me reads as measured and carefully considered.. proofing before posting possibly more than twice. Everything is INTENTIONAL...

That's really not the impression I've got from his play
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 09:35 GMT
#272
On January 19 2018 18:14 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 18:01 Holyflare wrote:
On January 19 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.


I don't believe he knows that as EITHER alignment. If Damerion is town and Damdred is mafia then Damdred knows categorically that Damerion isn't lying and so it must be true. Or at least he thinks it to be true. This is why the only correct response as town is to say "well your meta is wrong then" whereas his response is to acknowledge it's true and that he's changing it conveniently. It's sheer mafia survival and panic.


Also to further add to that if Damdred did do that and realised as town I don't think he makes his town game more unnatural and removes it. He should add it to his mafia play.


My point is that I find it believable he realized it outside of alignment. Personally, I am trying to be more comprehensive this game and to stop playing the court jester. (Of course I also intended to post less, but...yeah...like asking a fish to walk on land.)

Nor would you even be right. He knows that he's more emotional as town and has actively tried to decrease his emotional outbursts (failed, but that's like with me and posting less), so there is no evidence whatsoever that he would try to change his scum game rather than his town game. Quite the opposite. Also entirely moot, in my opinion.

I really just don't see the panic that you do, and without panic the most logical explanation is that it's just true. Since I have no other reason to think he's scum this game, I don't want to lynch him. Simple as that.

Could I be wrong? Sure. I just don't think so.

Though this at least, assuming your town, gives me reason to think you believe what you're pushing, so it serves a purpose in that sense.

I'm still sulking about you being a dismissive ass at the beginning of the game then :/ I miss the good old days when rolling town with a holyflare was actually fun and we could work together, you know, before we started always rolling opposite alignments. (And I know this is retarded superstition but I'd be lying if I didn't admit part of me doesn't trust you on principle. Especially after making me speak Russian and playing on my isolation, you bastard.)

@mderg

I don't really protest beyond thinking that Rels would be easier to read Day 2 anyway and he's a strong town asset. If it's between Damdred and Rels, not really a contest.

Where are you at anyway?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 09:47 GMT
#273
I see your point on darth foley, hf. Not that he was ever not on my could lynch list, anyway.

BTDT though...I think you hit scum there. That's some weak-ass shit. I vaguely remember BTDT making a much larger impression for me in the past.

And part of me wants to leave df be for the moment just for bringing that up. Then the devil's advocate whispers in my ear, "But, Tina, if BTDT is town, that's probably one of the easiest things for a scum darth foley to do. Also easy for him to do if they're both scum, you know." And I :/ at my devil's advocate. But seeing as we can only lynch one, my preference would be BTDT for that blah.

Pfft, I guess I'll stop pushing for a holyflare lynch. I'm not wholly (haha) convinced, but I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt at present. Mostly because I can see him believing his push pffffft. I'm gonna kick myself if he's scum though for letting that pass. Almost makes me want to dig my heels in and be stubborn for the sake of being stubborn lol ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 19 2018 09:50 GMT
#274
Trying to shortly summarize my thoughts on everyone


Twat: probably town
kmatt: no idea
Damerion: don't like his tunneling on damdred, could be scum
btdt: no idea
Mocsta: probably town, conversation with rsoultin looks like town on town argument
Rels: just latches onto the damdred wagon and his work is done
rsoultin: probably town
df: meh
damdred: leaning town
prplhz: no idea
Kelsier: leaning towads town very slightly
Holyflare: I would expect more from town hf but I always have him as scum
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 09:55 GMT
#275
on review even before getting to mderg's last post I don't want to lynch him today either

my current scum is somewhere in

scummy
btdt
df
rels

null
prp
kmatt

???
holyflare - pending
damerion - pending...i do need to talk to him and damdred...or spend an inordinate amount of hours going through games which i may do but bleh...it's weird to have a strong meta case without evidence of parts of that read before

hrum
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 09:59 GMT
#276
if i haven't fucked up a townread, narrowing down to seven isn't half bad

i think i'd rather lynch into btdt or df...rels is scummier than prp and kmatt, and normally i'd say lynch him over them, but i think he posts d2 (or we definitely lynch him anyway) and i'm not sure about the other two
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 10:08 GMT
#277
The posts you link to damdred being calm and town he's absolutely capable (and has) as mafia. I agree his posts are calm and collected, and like I said, don't really do anything other than try and manipulate people's impression of his standing. It's just that one specific post in response to Damerion that is the panicked one and makes him mafia.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 19 2018 10:10 GMT
#278
Does mafia actually panic that easily?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 19 2018 10:22 GMT
#279
On January 19 2018 19:08 Holyflare wrote:
The posts you link to damdred being calm and town he's absolutely capable (and has) as mafia. I agree his posts are calm and collected, and like I said, don't really do anything other than try and manipulate people's impression of his standing. It's just that one specific post in response to Damerion that is the panicked one and makes him mafia.


Are we talking about a different post than the one I already quoted which is literally his response to Damerion's meta case? Because that's the one that I don't see panic in.

And I'm sorry but, having been scum, and having been in the self-same position you're narrating, my response was not panic. It was genuine derision. I still don't know if he was right (random player who I've forgotten I'm sorry it was years ago ;o;), though certainly he thought he was...but struggle seeing why it would make anyone panic.

Your narrative as I understand it depends upon Damdred panicking and being calm in the same post...which while not impossible is not very probable at all.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
January 19 2018 10:29 GMT
#280
On January 19 2018 18:50 mderg wrote:
Trying to shortly summarize my thoughts on everyone


Twat: probably town
kmatt: no idea
Damerion: don't like his tunneling on damdred, could be scum
btdt: no idea
Mocsta: probably town, conversation with rsoultin looks like town on town argument
Rels: just latches onto the damdred wagon and his work is done
rsoultin: probably town
df: meh
damdred: leaning town
prplhz: no idea
Kelsier: leaning towads town very slightly
Holyflare: I would expect more from town hf but I always have him as scum


I don't think a list like this is very good. In reality you have provided yourself a lot of outs to change opinion without putting forward anything new.

Can you expand on df and explain why he is meh.

Zerg for Life
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 109 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 603
UpATreeSC 113
ProTech99
JuggernautJason34
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32696
Calm 3446
Shuttle 1126
actioN 216
firebathero 168
Hyuk 109
Barracks 107
Dewaltoss 97
Liquid`Ret 67
Hyun 30
[ Show more ]
HiyA 26
Aegong 24
Free 23
Bale 23
soO 22
NaDa 19
PianO 17
Shine 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8964
XaKoH 363
Fuzer 103
League of Legends
KnowMe77
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1456
fl0m1251
x6flipin509
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu137
Other Games
singsing2011
FrodaN1255
Beastyqt670
B2W.Neo405
ceh9405
mouzStarbuck310
byalli202
Livibee194
C9.Mang0167
RotterdaM89
Trikslyr82
Mew2King61
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur864
• imaqtpie721
• WagamamaTV416
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 15m
Replay Cast
5h
OSC
1d 5h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 16h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.