• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:27
CEST 23:27
KST 06:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7937 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 77 Next
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
October 14 2017 16:07 GMT
#401
On October 15 2017 01:00 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 00:58 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:53 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:49 darthfoley wrote:
On October 14 2017 21:35 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 07:19 darthfoley wrote:
I'll give attention to Conversion and Damerion in a bit, but I remember liking Conversion's post on first read through


Can I get these some time?


I thought you were relatively townie until I read your filter. You're basically just being a thread policeman and debate moderator. Which I don't like. It's actually pretty impressive at how many questions you've asked without actually saying anything yourself.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2017 23:51 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 09:11 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:10 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
He didnt say "mafia wont do that", he specifically said "rux will only do that as town"


I mean.. I don’t think he specifically SAID those exact words, but semantics.


do you have a point that you want to make about gracks read on rux?
Because right now it looks like you are arguing about it for the sake of arguing


Grack isn’t making any real read besides on you, which was based on a meta read he wasn’t trying to convince me or ruxxar.. so idk

I just find it interesting you ignored that fact and slammed him on something he wasn’t intending to imply


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:36 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:38 Damerion wrote:
Hello good people of TLMafia, it is pleasurable that we meet again.

Firstly I am going to approach this game slightly different than I did last game, I will do much more town hunting and see if I can POE a scum team into oblivion instead of finding a few slips early and pounding the ever living hell out of the person into submission.

Secondly as the setup is much different than last game, we should do our best not to talk about roles or claim them unless in supreme danger, especially the newer players should be aware of this. And that is the last thing I will say about roles.

My first to early townread is on FecalFeast, general tone and playful approach to the game points to a more than likely chance of being town at this point in time. If you look at his previous games his posts were a bit more guarded and just generally lacked the playful approach he has shown at this point.

The second thing is HappyKrogan postings are interesting, (I know I am already sliding backwards) in comparison to other people who have posted the posts feel forced and have this sense of wanting to fit in. It also draws my eyebrow upwards how he keeps referring to himself as just normal VT. My first game as scum I had an almost identical entrance post because I just did not know how to interact with the people in the game. I think he is worth watching especially as his reads develop or fail to achieve.

I also did not dislike RuxXar opening salvo of posts even if it is not super indicative at this moment in time, he was playful and did not seem angry at others having fun. So I have a good feeling about him at present.


are you going to townread and PoE more?

are you around?


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:37 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:48 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:32 xenonn40 wrote:
On October 14 2017 11:06 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Hey xennon I see you voted for oatsmaster. Any reason? You haven't posted anything for a while and nothing worthwhile. Why the vote without explanation?


Because I think Rex is town, and Oatsmaster is the only alternative at the moment, and the first to vote for Rex.

Why do you think ruxxar (im assuming thats rex) is town? Likewise why is oatsmaster the only alternative compared to everyone else? Let me know what prompted you to come to these conclusions.


+1

don't ninja vote without participating in the thread. doesn't help town at all


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:41 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 17:46 ruXxar wrote:
He calls krogans read on me the best read in the game, yet he makes no effort at all to push it any further.
After the strong salvo of encouragement for krogan, he just let it drop and appears to have lost all interest.

I'm parking my vote on HF as the most likely mafia for the moment.
In any case I hope it makes him wake up and show some interest in the game.

##vote Holyflare


How I read the quote is that krogan made the best read of the game in terms of content, but it might not be good enough to sheep onto? idk

also coolTLName is pulling a Rels D1? he hasn't posted yet




Bolded quotes just seem way too passive and without direction. No conclusions. Soft ball questions that don't really probe anything

There's also this

On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really




Pretty sure i've played one game with you... ever. First sentence seems like an unnecessary qualifier to back up a null read really early in the game. Maybe you shouldn't have reminded me to look back over your filter


and this matters why? I've played one game with Grack too, does that mean I should confidently say that I can read every single person I've played one game with?

I've played like 4 games on TL. If you want to read my filter because I reminded you and scumread me for it, then go ahead.. why would I discourage anyone to not read my filter?

I'm keeping you at a hard null because you did nothing with your posts as you say I did myself, and I can barely read anyone correctly (re: 0% scum lynch rate unless I sheep someone/they admit to it)


My point is that no one will have a "good read" on someone else after only playing one game with them. You claiming that you don't have a good read on me or grack makes it sound like it's some historical trend, when it was just one game-- and a super themed game at that.

Your evasion of my legitimate questions and concerns are noted though. I've done much more with my posts than you have, but even if I hadn't, that's irrelevant to you not doing anything with your posts-- an idea you haven't denied


I'm not evading your legitimate questions or concerns? You posted your thoughts, the thread can interpret it as they see fit. There's nothing else for you to note, you already think I'm scummy and you can move on with that and evaluate my behavior.

Also on what measuring stick are you 'doing more' with your posts? 80% of your filter is fluff, except your one big post on an interaction/opinion piece on FF/Damdred... go reread your own filter and tell me what objectively you are doing more than I am


You aren't defending yourself from my accusation, you're throwing it back at me with "no you!" OMGUS. I don't care about how the thread "interprets it as they see fit," I care about your explanations for you effectively playing mafia moderator without ever injecting original thoughts. You keep +1'ing or piggybacking on other people.

Even this post is so passive and lacking direction. You aren't trying to determine my alignment. You're telling me to reread my filter.

@ thread: i'm fine with a Conversion/Damdred/FF lynch pool for now.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
ruXxar
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Norway5669 Posts
October 14 2017 16:07 GMT
#402
On October 14 2017 12:32 xenonn40 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 11:06 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Hey xennon I see you voted for oatsmaster. Any reason? You haven't posted anything for a while and nothing worthwhile. Why the vote without explanation?


Because I think Rex is town, and Oatsmaster is the only alternative at the moment, and the first to vote for Rex.


Hey xenon.
Can you please explain your thought process behind this post.
What do you mean when you say that oats is the only alternative?
"alright guys im claiming my role im actually politician I can manipulate a persons vote during the day phase, used it on clarity last phase and forced him to vote for HF. full role name donald trump, definitely town sided". - EBH
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
October 14 2017 16:07 GMT
#403
#Vote: Conversion
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 14 2017 16:07 GMT
#404
I like darthfoley's focus on Conversion. After reading his filter his only actual reads come super early in the game where those reads are really just more of a sense than anything. In the meantime his posts seem apologetic as if he is not trying to get on anybodies bad side as well as just not doing any scum hunting. He is just kind of existing.
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
October 14 2017 16:08 GMT
#405
On October 15 2017 01:07 MrLonelyClock wrote:
I like darthfoley's focus on Conversion. After reading his filter his only actual reads come super early in the game where those reads are really just more of a sense than anything. In the meantime his posts seem apologetic as if he is not trying to get on anybodies bad side as well as just not doing any scum hunting. He is just kind of existing.

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 14 2017 16:11 GMT
#406
##Vote: Conversion

Moving my vote onto conversion as ruxxar has at least lately been more town than conversion has this entire game imo.
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 14 2017 16:13 GMT
#407
I sheep.
You have good points.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:13 GMT
#408
On October 15 2017 01:07 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 01:00 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:58 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:53 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:49 darthfoley wrote:
On October 14 2017 21:35 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 07:19 darthfoley wrote:
I'll give attention to Conversion and Damerion in a bit, but I remember liking Conversion's post on first read through


Can I get these some time?


I thought you were relatively townie until I read your filter. You're basically just being a thread policeman and debate moderator. Which I don't like. It's actually pretty impressive at how many questions you've asked without actually saying anything yourself.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2017 23:51 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 09:11 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:10 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
He didnt say "mafia wont do that", he specifically said "rux will only do that as town"


I mean.. I don’t think he specifically SAID those exact words, but semantics.


do you have a point that you want to make about gracks read on rux?
Because right now it looks like you are arguing about it for the sake of arguing


Grack isn’t making any real read besides on you, which was based on a meta read he wasn’t trying to convince me or ruxxar.. so idk

I just find it interesting you ignored that fact and slammed him on something he wasn’t intending to imply


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:36 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:38 Damerion wrote:
Hello good people of TLMafia, it is pleasurable that we meet again.

Firstly I am going to approach this game slightly different than I did last game, I will do much more town hunting and see if I can POE a scum team into oblivion instead of finding a few slips early and pounding the ever living hell out of the person into submission.

Secondly as the setup is much different than last game, we should do our best not to talk about roles or claim them unless in supreme danger, especially the newer players should be aware of this. And that is the last thing I will say about roles.

My first to early townread is on FecalFeast, general tone and playful approach to the game points to a more than likely chance of being town at this point in time. If you look at his previous games his posts were a bit more guarded and just generally lacked the playful approach he has shown at this point.

The second thing is HappyKrogan postings are interesting, (I know I am already sliding backwards) in comparison to other people who have posted the posts feel forced and have this sense of wanting to fit in. It also draws my eyebrow upwards how he keeps referring to himself as just normal VT. My first game as scum I had an almost identical entrance post because I just did not know how to interact with the people in the game. I think he is worth watching especially as his reads develop or fail to achieve.

I also did not dislike RuxXar opening salvo of posts even if it is not super indicative at this moment in time, he was playful and did not seem angry at others having fun. So I have a good feeling about him at present.


are you going to townread and PoE more?

are you around?


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:37 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:48 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:32 xenonn40 wrote:
On October 14 2017 11:06 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Hey xennon I see you voted for oatsmaster. Any reason? You haven't posted anything for a while and nothing worthwhile. Why the vote without explanation?


Because I think Rex is town, and Oatsmaster is the only alternative at the moment, and the first to vote for Rex.

Why do you think ruxxar (im assuming thats rex) is town? Likewise why is oatsmaster the only alternative compared to everyone else? Let me know what prompted you to come to these conclusions.


+1

don't ninja vote without participating in the thread. doesn't help town at all


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:41 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 17:46 ruXxar wrote:
He calls krogans read on me the best read in the game, yet he makes no effort at all to push it any further.
After the strong salvo of encouragement for krogan, he just let it drop and appears to have lost all interest.

I'm parking my vote on HF as the most likely mafia for the moment.
In any case I hope it makes him wake up and show some interest in the game.

##vote Holyflare


How I read the quote is that krogan made the best read of the game in terms of content, but it might not be good enough to sheep onto? idk

also coolTLName is pulling a Rels D1? he hasn't posted yet




Bolded quotes just seem way too passive and without direction. No conclusions. Soft ball questions that don't really probe anything

There's also this

On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really




Pretty sure i've played one game with you... ever. First sentence seems like an unnecessary qualifier to back up a null read really early in the game. Maybe you shouldn't have reminded me to look back over your filter


and this matters why? I've played one game with Grack too, does that mean I should confidently say that I can read every single person I've played one game with?

I've played like 4 games on TL. If you want to read my filter because I reminded you and scumread me for it, then go ahead.. why would I discourage anyone to not read my filter?

I'm keeping you at a hard null because you did nothing with your posts as you say I did myself, and I can barely read anyone correctly (re: 0% scum lynch rate unless I sheep someone/they admit to it)


My point is that no one will have a "good read" on someone else after only playing one game with them. You claiming that you don't have a good read on me or grack makes it sound like it's some historical trend, when it was just one game-- and a super themed game at that.

Your evasion of my legitimate questions and concerns are noted though. I've done much more with my posts than you have, but even if I hadn't, that's irrelevant to you not doing anything with your posts-- an idea you haven't denied


I'm not evading your legitimate questions or concerns? You posted your thoughts, the thread can interpret it as they see fit. There's nothing else for you to note, you already think I'm scummy and you can move on with that and evaluate my behavior.

Also on what measuring stick are you 'doing more' with your posts? 80% of your filter is fluff, except your one big post on an interaction/opinion piece on FF/Damdred... go reread your own filter and tell me what objectively you are doing more than I am


You aren't defending yourself from my accusation, you're throwing it back at me with "no you!" OMGUS. I don't care about how the thread "interprets it as they see fit," I care about your explanations for you effectively playing mafia moderator without ever injecting original thoughts. You keep +1'ing or piggybacking on other people.

Even this post is so passive and lacking direction. You aren't trying to determine my alignment. You're telling me to reread my filter.

@ thread: i'm fine with a Conversion/Damdred/FF lynch pool for now.


I mean.. if you want a read you're town. You're throwing the same accusations as you did when we played in CCCP. The jist of it is that Conversion just exists, doesn't do much, etc.

The problem with you reading me is that.. this is how I play. and I flipped town in CCCP when you accused me of being mafia even until end game. I flipped town even when people accused me of being mafia because I was wishy washy/my entrance was terrible/I'm not pushing much. so enlighten me as to what's different about this game compared to that one? If I'm understanding your case correctly, it's that I'm passive, not really taking a side, not really pushing anything, I haven't even done that as town
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 14 2017 16:18 GMT
#409
On October 15 2017 01:13 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 01:07 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 01:00 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:58 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:53 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:49 darthfoley wrote:
On October 14 2017 21:35 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 07:19 darthfoley wrote:
I'll give attention to Conversion and Damerion in a bit, but I remember liking Conversion's post on first read through


Can I get these some time?


I thought you were relatively townie until I read your filter. You're basically just being a thread policeman and debate moderator. Which I don't like. It's actually pretty impressive at how many questions you've asked without actually saying anything yourself.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2017 23:51 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 09:11 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:10 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
He didnt say "mafia wont do that", he specifically said "rux will only do that as town"


I mean.. I don’t think he specifically SAID those exact words, but semantics.


do you have a point that you want to make about gracks read on rux?
Because right now it looks like you are arguing about it for the sake of arguing


Grack isn’t making any real read besides on you, which was based on a meta read he wasn’t trying to convince me or ruxxar.. so idk

I just find it interesting you ignored that fact and slammed him on something he wasn’t intending to imply


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:36 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:38 Damerion wrote:
Hello good people of TLMafia, it is pleasurable that we meet again.

Firstly I am going to approach this game slightly different than I did last game, I will do much more town hunting and see if I can POE a scum team into oblivion instead of finding a few slips early and pounding the ever living hell out of the person into submission.

Secondly as the setup is much different than last game, we should do our best not to talk about roles or claim them unless in supreme danger, especially the newer players should be aware of this. And that is the last thing I will say about roles.

My first to early townread is on FecalFeast, general tone and playful approach to the game points to a more than likely chance of being town at this point in time. If you look at his previous games his posts were a bit more guarded and just generally lacked the playful approach he has shown at this point.

The second thing is HappyKrogan postings are interesting, (I know I am already sliding backwards) in comparison to other people who have posted the posts feel forced and have this sense of wanting to fit in. It also draws my eyebrow upwards how he keeps referring to himself as just normal VT. My first game as scum I had an almost identical entrance post because I just did not know how to interact with the people in the game. I think he is worth watching especially as his reads develop or fail to achieve.

I also did not dislike RuxXar opening salvo of posts even if it is not super indicative at this moment in time, he was playful and did not seem angry at others having fun. So I have a good feeling about him at present.


are you going to townread and PoE more?

are you around?


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:37 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:48 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:32 xenonn40 wrote:
On October 14 2017 11:06 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Hey xennon I see you voted for oatsmaster. Any reason? You haven't posted anything for a while and nothing worthwhile. Why the vote without explanation?


Because I think Rex is town, and Oatsmaster is the only alternative at the moment, and the first to vote for Rex.

Why do you think ruxxar (im assuming thats rex) is town? Likewise why is oatsmaster the only alternative compared to everyone else? Let me know what prompted you to come to these conclusions.


+1

don't ninja vote without participating in the thread. doesn't help town at all


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:41 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 17:46 ruXxar wrote:
He calls krogans read on me the best read in the game, yet he makes no effort at all to push it any further.
After the strong salvo of encouragement for krogan, he just let it drop and appears to have lost all interest.

I'm parking my vote on HF as the most likely mafia for the moment.
In any case I hope it makes him wake up and show some interest in the game.

##vote Holyflare


How I read the quote is that krogan made the best read of the game in terms of content, but it might not be good enough to sheep onto? idk

also coolTLName is pulling a Rels D1? he hasn't posted yet




Bolded quotes just seem way too passive and without direction. No conclusions. Soft ball questions that don't really probe anything

There's also this

On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really




Pretty sure i've played one game with you... ever. First sentence seems like an unnecessary qualifier to back up a null read really early in the game. Maybe you shouldn't have reminded me to look back over your filter


and this matters why? I've played one game with Grack too, does that mean I should confidently say that I can read every single person I've played one game with?

I've played like 4 games on TL. If you want to read my filter because I reminded you and scumread me for it, then go ahead.. why would I discourage anyone to not read my filter?

I'm keeping you at a hard null because you did nothing with your posts as you say I did myself, and I can barely read anyone correctly (re: 0% scum lynch rate unless I sheep someone/they admit to it)


My point is that no one will have a "good read" on someone else after only playing one game with them. You claiming that you don't have a good read on me or grack makes it sound like it's some historical trend, when it was just one game-- and a super themed game at that.

Your evasion of my legitimate questions and concerns are noted though. I've done much more with my posts than you have, but even if I hadn't, that's irrelevant to you not doing anything with your posts-- an idea you haven't denied


I'm not evading your legitimate questions or concerns? You posted your thoughts, the thread can interpret it as they see fit. There's nothing else for you to note, you already think I'm scummy and you can move on with that and evaluate my behavior.

Also on what measuring stick are you 'doing more' with your posts? 80% of your filter is fluff, except your one big post on an interaction/opinion piece on FF/Damdred... go reread your own filter and tell me what objectively you are doing more than I am


You aren't defending yourself from my accusation, you're throwing it back at me with "no you!" OMGUS. I don't care about how the thread "interprets it as they see fit," I care about your explanations for you effectively playing mafia moderator without ever injecting original thoughts. You keep +1'ing or piggybacking on other people.

Even this post is so passive and lacking direction. You aren't trying to determine my alignment. You're telling me to reread my filter.

@ thread: i'm fine with a Conversion/Damdred/FF lynch pool for now.


I mean.. if you want a read you're town. You're throwing the same accusations as you did when we played in CCCP. The jist of it is that Conversion just exists, doesn't do much, etc.

The problem with you reading me is that.. this is how I play. and I flipped town in CCCP when you accused me of being mafia even until end game. I flipped town even when people accused me of being mafia because I was wishy washy/my entrance was terrible/I'm not pushing much. so enlighten me as to what's different about this game compared to that one? If I'm understanding your case correctly, it's that I'm passive, not really taking a side, not really pushing anything, I haven't even done that as town

Bolded to show what I mean by being apologetic.
Also because you played that before as town once does not mean you are guaranteed town for doing that again this game. Further more if you just play passive then that is kinda useless for town apart from just an extra person to jump on a wagon for votes. You prefer we leave you alone for a few days while you just ask questions and apologize when you anger someone?
MrLonelyClock
Profile Joined June 2017
87 Posts
October 14 2017 16:18 GMT
#410
Conversion please give your current scum reads
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 14 2017 16:19 GMT
#411
I don't think Conversion is a good lynch he seems very relaxed to me.

Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:20 GMT
#412
On October 15 2017 01:18 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 01:13 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 01:07 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 01:00 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:58 darthfoley wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:53 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 00:49 darthfoley wrote:
On October 14 2017 21:35 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 07:19 darthfoley wrote:
I'll give attention to Conversion and Damerion in a bit, but I remember liking Conversion's post on first read through


Can I get these some time?


I thought you were relatively townie until I read your filter. You're basically just being a thread policeman and debate moderator. Which I don't like. It's actually pretty impressive at how many questions you've asked without actually saying anything yourself.

+ Show Spoiler +
On October 13 2017 23:51 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately

Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 09:11 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:10 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 08:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
He didnt say "mafia wont do that", he specifically said "rux will only do that as town"


I mean.. I don’t think he specifically SAID those exact words, but semantics.


do you have a point that you want to make about gracks read on rux?
Because right now it looks like you are arguing about it for the sake of arguing


Grack isn’t making any real read besides on you, which was based on a meta read he wasn’t trying to convince me or ruxxar.. so idk

I just find it interesting you ignored that fact and slammed him on something he wasn’t intending to imply


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:36 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:38 Damerion wrote:
Hello good people of TLMafia, it is pleasurable that we meet again.

Firstly I am going to approach this game slightly different than I did last game, I will do much more town hunting and see if I can POE a scum team into oblivion instead of finding a few slips early and pounding the ever living hell out of the person into submission.

Secondly as the setup is much different than last game, we should do our best not to talk about roles or claim them unless in supreme danger, especially the newer players should be aware of this. And that is the last thing I will say about roles.

My first to early townread is on FecalFeast, general tone and playful approach to the game points to a more than likely chance of being town at this point in time. If you look at his previous games his posts were a bit more guarded and just generally lacked the playful approach he has shown at this point.

The second thing is HappyKrogan postings are interesting, (I know I am already sliding backwards) in comparison to other people who have posted the posts feel forced and have this sense of wanting to fit in. It also draws my eyebrow upwards how he keeps referring to himself as just normal VT. My first game as scum I had an almost identical entrance post because I just did not know how to interact with the people in the game. I think he is worth watching especially as his reads develop or fail to achieve.

I also did not dislike RuxXar opening salvo of posts even if it is not super indicative at this moment in time, he was playful and did not seem angry at others having fun. So I have a good feeling about him at present.


are you going to townread and PoE more?

are you around?


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:37 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:48 MrLonelyClock wrote:
On October 14 2017 12:32 xenonn40 wrote:
On October 14 2017 11:06 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Hey xennon I see you voted for oatsmaster. Any reason? You haven't posted anything for a while and nothing worthwhile. Why the vote without explanation?


Because I think Rex is town, and Oatsmaster is the only alternative at the moment, and the first to vote for Rex.

Why do you think ruxxar (im assuming thats rex) is town? Likewise why is oatsmaster the only alternative compared to everyone else? Let me know what prompted you to come to these conclusions.


+1

don't ninja vote without participating in the thread. doesn't help town at all


Show nested quote +
On October 14 2017 21:41 Conversion wrote:
On October 14 2017 17:46 ruXxar wrote:
He calls krogans read on me the best read in the game, yet he makes no effort at all to push it any further.
After the strong salvo of encouragement for krogan, he just let it drop and appears to have lost all interest.

I'm parking my vote on HF as the most likely mafia for the moment.
In any case I hope it makes him wake up and show some interest in the game.

##vote Holyflare


How I read the quote is that krogan made the best read of the game in terms of content, but it might not be good enough to sheep onto? idk

also coolTLName is pulling a Rels D1? he hasn't posted yet




Bolded quotes just seem way too passive and without direction. No conclusions. Soft ball questions that don't really probe anything

There's also this

On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really




Pretty sure i've played one game with you... ever. First sentence seems like an unnecessary qualifier to back up a null read really early in the game. Maybe you shouldn't have reminded me to look back over your filter


and this matters why? I've played one game with Grack too, does that mean I should confidently say that I can read every single person I've played one game with?

I've played like 4 games on TL. If you want to read my filter because I reminded you and scumread me for it, then go ahead.. why would I discourage anyone to not read my filter?

I'm keeping you at a hard null because you did nothing with your posts as you say I did myself, and I can barely read anyone correctly (re: 0% scum lynch rate unless I sheep someone/they admit to it)


My point is that no one will have a "good read" on someone else after only playing one game with them. You claiming that you don't have a good read on me or grack makes it sound like it's some historical trend, when it was just one game-- and a super themed game at that.

Your evasion of my legitimate questions and concerns are noted though. I've done much more with my posts than you have, but even if I hadn't, that's irrelevant to you not doing anything with your posts-- an idea you haven't denied


I'm not evading your legitimate questions or concerns? You posted your thoughts, the thread can interpret it as they see fit. There's nothing else for you to note, you already think I'm scummy and you can move on with that and evaluate my behavior.

Also on what measuring stick are you 'doing more' with your posts? 80% of your filter is fluff, except your one big post on an interaction/opinion piece on FF/Damdred... go reread your own filter and tell me what objectively you are doing more than I am


You aren't defending yourself from my accusation, you're throwing it back at me with "no you!" OMGUS. I don't care about how the thread "interprets it as they see fit," I care about your explanations for you effectively playing mafia moderator without ever injecting original thoughts. You keep +1'ing or piggybacking on other people.

Even this post is so passive and lacking direction. You aren't trying to determine my alignment. You're telling me to reread my filter.

@ thread: i'm fine with a Conversion/Damdred/FF lynch pool for now.


I mean.. if you want a read you're town. You're throwing the same accusations as you did when we played in CCCP. The jist of it is that Conversion just exists, doesn't do much, etc.

The problem with you reading me is that.. this is how I play. and I flipped town in CCCP when you accused me of being mafia even until end game. I flipped town even when people accused me of being mafia because I was wishy washy/my entrance was terrible/I'm not pushing much. so enlighten me as to what's different about this game compared to that one? If I'm understanding your case correctly, it's that I'm passive, not really taking a side, not really pushing anything, I haven't even done that as town

Bolded to show what I mean by being apologetic.
Also because you played that before as town once does not mean you are guaranteed town for doing that again this game. Further more if you just play passive then that is kinda useless for town apart from just an extra person to jump on a wagon for votes. You prefer we leave you alone for a few days while you just ask questions and apologize when you anger someone?


I mean, you literally jumped in a matter of 5 minutes from wanting to lynch Xen, to wanting to lynch me because someone made a post that seems good. So give me your thoughts on why that happened, and why I'm a better lynch than Xen. You're dark for those 5 minutes.

I don't have to bother. If you want me to play more aggressively, I will. I just was choosing not to this game because I wanted to step away from the flaming idiot I was last game, but whatever
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:25 GMT
#413
On October 15 2017 01:18 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Conversion please give your current scum reads


if you put a gun to my head and said, "name who you want to lynch in this exact moment that's not a newbie" it'd be between onegu or FF
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 14 2017 16:26 GMT
#414
As for Damerion I don't really see the problem here. I knows there's a decent chance that I'm wrong on my read so I'm not going to just ignore him or try to bury him because I don't think that would be smart play.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 16:27 GMT
#415
On October 15 2017 00:55 Conversion wrote:
like, not to OMGUS you but literally this entire thread so far has been non-accusatory except grack on oats, ruxxar vs krogan, and then Xen being on the mafia pedestal due to his shitty posts.. and I think he's a bad lynch because he's a newbie, so feel free to contribute


I am insulted, sir.
happykrogan
Profile Joined March 2017
Germany408 Posts
October 14 2017 16:27 GMT
#416
On October 15 2017 01:25 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 01:18 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Conversion please give your current scum reads


if you put a gun to my head and said, "name who you want to lynch in this exact moment that's not a newbie" it'd be between onegu or FF


Why Onegu and not coolusername?
They are both completely AFK
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:27 GMT
#417
On October 15 2017 01:27 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 00:55 Conversion wrote:
like, not to OMGUS you but literally this entire thread so far has been non-accusatory except grack on oats, ruxxar vs krogan, and then Xen being on the mafia pedestal due to his shitty posts.. and I think he's a bad lynch because he's a newbie, so feel free to contribute


I am insulted, sir.


I chose to selective not remember you accusing Damerion as mafia because you want to lynch Xen and I don't.

I don't feel bad at all
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:28 GMT
#418
On October 15 2017 01:27 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2017 01:25 Conversion wrote:
On October 15 2017 01:18 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Conversion please give your current scum reads


if you put a gun to my head and said, "name who you want to lynch in this exact moment that's not a newbie" it'd be between onegu or FF


Why Onegu and not coolusername?
They are both completely AFK


because I'm almost 1000% sure coolusername is going to get replaced

Onegu posts "I'm gonna do something" and doesn't

if we're disregarding meta, then that's an easy way to just AFK while town implodes
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 14 2017 16:30 GMT
#419
I think Damerion's post on grack just solidifies my scum read on Damerion.
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 14 2017 16:30 GMT
#420
On October 15 2017 01:18 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Conversion please give your current scum reads


gimme yours you're clearly around

stop sheeping other people and playing the newbie card
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 77 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 585
ProTech133
Nina 79
NeuroSwarm 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14179
910 80
NaDa 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever252
canceldota106
League of Legends
Doublelift2804
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5240
Other Games
summit1g3602
fl0m1266
FrodaN888
olofmeister748
Liquid`Hasu341
C9.Mang0202
Livibee192
ToD146
UpATreeSC90
PPMD25
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 20
[ Show 22 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 55
• poizon28 22
• Adnapsc2 17
• musti20045 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 68
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21282
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• Scarra748
Other Games
• imaqtpie993
• Shiphtur618
• tFFMrPink 15
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 33m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 33m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.