• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:08
CEST 04:08
KST 11:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7075 users

[M][N] Murder on the Cruise Trip Mafia - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 182 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 07:01 GMT
#781
On October 05 2016 15:55 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 15:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 05 2016 14:50 Grackaroni wrote:
On October 05 2016 14:40 Oatsmaster wrote:
Why is super town lol wtf.

Because I think that the cocky useless attitude and annoyance is harder to fake than it seems. Also the times that he has contributed I think he's made good points, i.e. Damdred's confidence on Marv and HF dropping his Calix push.

Lol wait wait you really need to expand on this. Cause it's really important

I don't think that scum becomes genuinely annoyed at somebody for not answering a question because they don't actually care about the answer. This is something that Superbia has to actively think of to fake.

If you're going for the cocky useless scum play, then you are drawing a lot more attention to yourself. It can be harder to pull off than you would think, and it's always a riskier gambit than just contributing more than the shittiest players.

Marv isn't going to roll over this game as scum because he hasn't played in months.

HF point was something that I noticed as well.

It's a bit of a stretch to say that he's really been cocky useless because all he's done is whine about not being able to play his preferred way. Meh agree to disagree for now.
I'm interested in what hf is gonna do now though.
No gg, No skill.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:01 GMT
#782
This game is gonna get boring really fast when jat returns to post some inane drivel retort.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:05 GMT
#783
Did someone say mafia batsnacks was more serious?
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 07:05 GMT
#784
I could easily Lynch jat but he hadn't said anything that offended me so I'm gonna look at other people
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
October 05 2016 07:05 GMT
#785
His filter is just general meh useless fluff
No gg, No skill.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 05 2016 07:07 GMT
#786
On October 05 2016 16:05 Oatsmaster wrote:
His filter is just general meh useless fluff

That's a bad sign in my opinion.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 05 2016 07:09 GMT
#787
On October 05 2016 16:05 Holyflare wrote:
Did someone say mafia batsnacks was more serious?

That was JAT when he was arguing that batsnacks wasn't being too serious this game.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:10 GMT
#788
Hello hi. Have only skimmed the thread at the moment.

I've yet to see a case that overwhelms the evidence against batsnacks so my vote stays with him.

A lot of people are trying to throw up "XYZ is useless" and "this minor point looks funny" as if said points are worth lynching for. Not impressed.

I can see a batsnacks/ JAT team due to JAT trying to defend him when I first brought up batsnacks and then hedging back on that. Didn't feel genuine.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:10 GMT
#789
Why do i think the complete opposite then? Batsnacks looks like a complete emotionless robot that posts reads and has no passion behind them.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 05 2016 07:11 GMT
#790
On October 05 2016 16:10 Holyflare wrote:
Why do i think the complete opposite then? Batsnacks looks like a complete emotionless robot that posts reads and has no passion behind them.

That's what Calix said in response.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:11 GMT
#791
Also lynching people who post a lot without being prodded to on Day 1 = dumb move because the mafia are likely going to kill them anyway.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:12 GMT
#792
On October 05 2016 16:10 Calix wrote:
Hello hi. Have only skimmed the thread at the moment.

I've yet to see a case that overwhelms the evidence against batsnacks so my vote stays with him.

A lot of people are trying to throw up "XYZ is useless" and "this minor point looks funny" as if said points are worth lynching for. Not impressed.


I can see a batsnacks/ JAT team due to JAT trying to defend him when I first brought up batsnacks and then hedging back on that. Didn't feel genuine.


Examples being?

Also i just read jat's filter and the end is all jat basically calling bs mafia with no hint of even saying he's mafia and no vote. Pretty bad.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:12 GMT
#793
This is me saying "lynching HF is dumb" btw
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 05 2016 07:13 GMT
#794
I like this. This is very good. Nothing has ever gone wrong before when following Grackaroni. Can we make this happen?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:15 GMT
#795
I read it as distancing from a mafia buddy. I'll get up quotes and all that shortly...maybe.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:15 GMT
#796
I don't hate the sentiment behind lynching me, I drop reads when I want to and haven't been particularly invested (I only started posting late last night again) but none of that makes me mafia, just busy/lazy.

I did skip over like 3/4 of the game toooooo so there's that
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
October 05 2016 07:16 GMT
#797
I'll read a bit more of what batsnacks said in a bit and decide whether i want to commit to jat.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:27 GMT
#798
Not quotes but JAT has a lot of posts where he says "XYZ is behaving normally for them" or asking a question and then not going anywhere with them.

On October 05 2016 00:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 00:41 Calix wrote:
Also if anyone wants to comment on batsnacks' filter so far then knock yourself out.

0 problems with his filter so far. Generally town batsnacks doesn't give a fuck/is very sassy/self-confident while scum batsnacks tends to blend in immediately.
Not really conclusive since I think he was improving his game the last time I saw him as mafia but I wouldn't lynch him right now.


Here JAT's response is to characterise batsnacks as 'sassy and self-confident' (implying that these are accurate words to describe his filter).

He also notes that batsnacks had been 'improving his scum game' - an odd thing to note on someone that you claim to have 'no problems' with so far.

On October 05 2016 01:19 justanothertownie wrote:
I still maintain that I do not have a particular problem with his filter but I retract my confidence.


This doesn't make sense. He didn't have much confidence in his read to begin with (i.e., the comment about an improved mafia game) and how does one lose confidence without seeing a problem with the filter?

On October 05 2016 01:22 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 01:19 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 01:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 01:11 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 00:47 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 05 2016 00:41 Calix wrote:
Also if anyone wants to comment on batsnacks' filter so far then knock yourself out.

0 problems with his filter so far. Generally town batsnacks doesn't give a fuck/is very sassy/self-confident while scum batsnacks tends to blend in immediately.
Not really conclusive since I think he was improving his game the last time I saw him as mafia but I wouldn't lynch him right now.


Eh?

I didn't get the impression that he was being that sassy or whatnot.

In fact, his filter is one that I'd characterise as "trying to blend in" so I don't relate to your impression of him. I don't have a 'case' per se but my impression of him is that he's popping in to make comments which sound okay by themselves but add up to a poor filter.

Namely he has a few pre-flip association theories which don't tell us much about where he actually stands on the players as individuals.

#266 pinged me because he doesn't really SAY anything in it. He waffles around, seemingly contemplating the possibility of scum!Calix, and then concludes null on NU/ myself (although he says that NU 'gives him town vibes'?) and his argument is "if they're TvT then it would be more obvious since they seem to know each other well"

#334 and #399 read like he's throwing shade on everyone in the NU/ Calix/ HF debacle. He throws up ideas where we could all be scum at certain points...but we have NO idea of where he actually stands.

This is lazy but I think he's a good candidate for scum atm.

On October 05 2016 00:55 batsnacks wrote:
On October 05 2016 00:32 NeverUnlucky wrote:
On October 05 2016 00:26 Calix wrote:
On October 05 2016 00:14 batsnacks wrote:
Calix said that there was no specific evidence she could produce for NU abusing PMs as Mafia, even though she implied NU did this as Mafia before
Holyflare said "produce evidence or die"

Those events happened in that order. Maybe Mafia Holyflare knowingly issued Calix an impossible task to make the narrative for Calix being Mafia stronger? Anyway that's what I was thinking hopefully it makes sense.


Quote the posts please. I explicitly said that I had no specific evidence after HF's last post iirc.

On another note, Palmar is underwhelming as fuck so far. Wouldn't mind policy-lynching him.


No, this post was not against you. It was against HF. Read snacks's post again. It's about HF being aware that what he is asking you is impossible for you to deliver, thus making you appear mafia.

offski

Yeah this is also effective if holyflare is town though so I guess it depends whether or not town Holyflare thinks Calix is Mafia.

Holyflare wasn't wrong about anything he said it just seemed like a pretty dramatic way to be right. Calix wrote it off st the time as Holyflare being a dramatic person, I would probably be more concerned about it in her position.


HF is a dramatic person though? You're not actually faulting HF's arguments, you're just faulting his confidence which he can do as any alignment. (aka it's null) No idea why you're hung up on this.

Also how is your point 'effective' if your original point had HF as scum? I don't understand.

Actually there is less of that stuff in his filter than I remembered. But there are still quite a few posts I would label as typical town bats posts. Maybe I didn't use the correct words to describe the tone:
On October 04 2016 07:24 batsnacks wrote:
Just a scummy pop in post nothing to see here.

On October 04 2016 21:45 batsnacks wrote:
lol someone said "Power Wolf" that sounds like a sex thing

On October 04 2016 22:40 batsnacks wrote:
Also check out this skit I'm imagining

Mafia Calix goes after Mafia NU for dumb PM BS
People are town reading Mafia NU, Mafia Calix is going in too hard and getting heat
They buddy up and everything is suddenly fine after almost 24 hours of Calix scum reading NU for NAI reasons

Pretty good right?




First two look like typical shit-posts to me.

Third one is one of the reasons why I'm suspecting him.

So not terribly convinced here but I'll see.

The quality of the content doesn't necessarily correlate with the overall usefullness of a post to get a read. Those ARE shitposts. But in my experience town batsnacks is more likely to make shitposts like that. If you want to judge him on content you will have a bad time if he is town.


On October 05 2016 01:26 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2016 01:23 Calix wrote:
I'm not bothered about his shit-posts; they don't factor into the main issues I have with him.

I just don't think they warrant a town-read unless you're saying that he's one of those types who is more serious as scum.

He is definitely one of thise types.


And on the heels of losing his confidence, he makes these two posts:

Soft-ball defense of batsnacks using his shit-posting, arguing that this shows batsnacks is less serious and thus is likely town.

His last post says that batsnacks is "definitely" one of the types to be more serious as scum. This is an odd shift in confidence from "having retracted [his confidence]" to now being sure that batsnacks acts in a certain way as scum.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
October 05 2016 07:28 GMT
#799
This is largely pre-flip so I'm definitely using some confirmation bias in my analysis here.
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
October 05 2016 07:31 GMT
#800
Solid analysis Calix. I'm like a cheerleader that knows just how to coax people into doing what I want them to do. haHAA
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 182
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17994
Rain 1542
GuemChi 905
sorry 45
NaDa 16
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever432
NeuroSwarm199
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
taco 495
minikerr38
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1059
Mew2King83
Other Games
summit1g7639
JimRising 540
WinterStarcraft425
C9.Mang0174
ViBE119
ZombieGrub11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick801
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 189
• davetesta36
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt229
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Shiphtur356
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 53m
INu's Battles
8h 53m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 53m
OSC
20h 8m
Replay Cast
20h 53m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.