• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:29
CEST 08:29
KST 15:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9051 users

[M][T] Haunted Mansion 3 - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 12 2016 14:29 GMT
#1864
On September 12 2016 23:27 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2016 23:24 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 12 2016 23:21 Palmar wrote:
On September 12 2016 23:20 Tumblewood wrote:
On September 12 2016 19:49 Palmar wrote:
On September 12 2016 09:07 Tumblewood wrote:
the premise of this argument is that hf is scum. using the premise as backup, we can easily conclude that hf is indeed scum.
anyway


known to some as holyflare, to others as hf, to his rl friends by some stupid rl name, but to tl as lynchbait slayer.
first, I propose a question to you, reader: can you make an accurate read on someone based off of just five posts?
the answer is no, holyflare. no.
this is basic stuff. honestly. tt doesn't have a meta like marv of making 2 posts and then quitting as scum. that doesn't even matter though, because the basis of hf's attack was completely unrelated to the fact that tt was afk. it was, in fact, a dissection of tt's five total posts. and not a point about how he was a great policy lynch for his lack of posting. hmmm
throughout the game, hf shows a willingness to favor painting every road as leading to tt is scum over thinking critically about his alignment, and generally not being a jackass.
you might expect that this case would have quotes, but hf's filter is probably 50 million pages and also my arguments that involve quotes usually result in me missing the point of the argument or, worse, doubting my original read.


this is a reminder to go read grack's case. it is better.
hf also shows an amazing willingness to call obviously townie people scum for not getting onto his stupid wagon
his filter is 95% devoted to lynching townies if that says anything.

...

god, I can't do this anymore. I don't think this is a lost cause, but my entire case, I think, hinges on me being town. honestly, try being me and it's really fucking easy to see how hf is scum.
this is why I don't make big scum cases


This is terrible and I'll break down why:

On September 12 2016 09:07 Tumblewood wrote:
first, I propose a question to you, reader: can you make an accurate read on someone based off of just five posts?
the answer is no, holyflare. no.


Actually you can. In most cases it's a single post or two where mafia fucks up that allows you to make a case. No mafia is bad enough to give himself away every single post he makes. This is why I generally ignore humongous cases that quote almost every post by someone and try to paint them scummy. It's very easy to make an accurate read on someone on even a single post (see me vs marv in some game and me vs tnkted in some other game, cba referencing).

On September 12 2016 09:07 Tumblewood wrote:
this is basic stuff. honestly. tt doesn't have a meta like marv of making 2 posts and then quitting as scum. that doesn't even matter though, because the basis of hf's attack was completely unrelated to the fact that tt was afk. it was, in fact, a dissection of tt's five total posts. and not a point about how he was a great policy lynch for his lack of posting. hmmm
throughout the game, hf shows a willingness to favor painting every road as leading to tt is scum over thinking critically about his alignment, and generally not being a jackass.


TT did things that are objectively scummy, I don't care what you think about meta or history. I generally don't use meta all that much. Here's my own interpretation of TT's filter.

On September 11 2016 05:14 Palmar wrote:
On September 11 2016 05:08 Calix wrote:
Oh for fuck's sake. This train is woeful and everyone is just content to slap a vote down >_>

It's not about that.

Tictock is objectively scummy.

He did that thing in the early game with the scumclaim. That's fine and all, and loads of people do it, but the only way it ever works out for town is if you then follow up by looking at the people who react to it. He did very little analysis following the claim.

He also did the whole "I'll talk more after dinner" and then disappeared. If he had just disappeared it wouldn't have meant anything, but because he claimed he'd be back it's clear he wanted to appear as if he was contributing.

Neither of these make him lock mafia, but both of them, combined with his short filter and poorly explained reads make him a pretty solid day 1 lynch. He is a high % mafia target.


Notice that none of this is "meta" or takes into account how he acts as a player. I just don't care about meta. Sometimes I'm wrong because of it (I once lynched kush in lylo for refusing to post coherently and putting in effort), but most of the times it's very effective.

On September 12 2016 09:07 Tumblewood wrote:
you might expect that this case would have quotes, but hf's filter is probably 50 million pages and also my arguments that involve quotes usually result in me missing the point of the argument or, worse, doubting my original read.


If you are town you should. If you are correct, you wouldn't have a reason to doubt your read, and if you are wrong you might realize why. But I guess that would require pretending to put in effort.




I'm not even 100% sure you're mafia TW, but you are objectively the best lynch. You've made a bunch of terrible posts, you're not pushing the game forward, there's even dumb reasons to think you're scum (no one wanted to switch with me on d1)

This is almost written as sort of an offer to let you redeem yourself. If you are town, you need to put in time and effort. Go write analysis or thoughts on every player in the game. Pro-Tip: if you're mafia make sure you're careful when you write about your buddies

fuck that. writing analysis is by far the worst part of my game. any case with more than one point goes down the shitter. fortunately I don't actually have to play by your rules


Fine, get lynched then. I don't care if your meta is always being useless, that's scum favored meta and you should be lynched for it. Who knows when you're useless AND scum. Maybe it's this time! Hell, it's probably this time.

meta is always being useless? reminds me of someone...

don't know how you can really say I am being useless. if we're going by whatever bullshit metric you use about ten players are useless this game. I am one of the most present, least useless players in the game.


Quit whining and do your job and maybe everything will be fine.

Yes, there's a ton of people who are useless. You are currently the one I'm lynching, so prove that someone else deserves to be lynched. Write a case that convinces me!

It's how mafia goes.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 12 2016 14:33 GMT
#1866
On September 12 2016 23:30 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2016 23:20 Palmar wrote:
On September 12 2016 23:13 Damdred wrote:
On September 12 2016 23:09 Palmar wrote:
On September 12 2016 22:52 Damdred wrote:
Eh I was starting to do some work in game but i really don't want to today, I guess i'll do it later when i feel motivated.

In any case kind of stinks that people who know me well think i would make such a bad kill as scum instead of someone who can actually get me lynched meh.

That's bullshit logic Damdred.


Well yeah its wifom, whatever just really don't feel up to doing anything today.

Don't care (much) about lazy, care a lot about shitty logic.


Its not logic its just the truth, you kill the people you think will most likely solve the game. Its not really a point either way.

by that logic no one is mafia. Good job damdred, game solved.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 12 2016 14:35 GMT
#1867
also: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=26028364

You can write cases, now do more, and make it more edgy this time than calling the most active player in the game town at a point where she was in no danger of being lynched.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 12 2016 14:42 GMT
#1870
I'm not trying to be an ass damdred.

If people use bad logic to try to support faulty conclusions meant to affect people's game, I call them out.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 12 2016 18:57 GMT
#1906
I like new and improved Vivax
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 11:19 GMT
#1934
It's still a semi-valid point, but it's just a general observation. Scum tends to (very generally) be more conservative with their votes. Which is like saying "scum tends to post less". It's an indicator not evidence.

I'm sort of trying to reassess the game. Basically here's where I stand:

Townie/semi-townie people:

Superbia: He has somewhat taken advantage of pretty solid townread on day 1 by not doing much today, but it isn't really all that, and not to mention I was very, very certain he was town on day 1. The reason for the townread is very simple, he thought he broke the game, he was excited about having broken the game and he genuinely wanted to kill himself to apply his plan. Sure, this can be faked, but it requires more planning and anticipation than I'm generally willing to assume scum do, even someone who is pretty good at scum like Superbia.

NeverUnlucky: He has a pain in people's ass since the beginning of the game, he's confrontational and makes a lot of weird conclusions. For example, I think him trying to crack the code from scott sounded like a townie who genuinely thought he had found some relevant information.

Holyflare: much less sure, but activity and consistency is good enough. Also, I'm fairly sure if he was scum he would have started calling me mafia by now, although I may be wrong on that one. He just really likes to argue and he knows I'm a perfect target to get into a shitfight with. He sounded like a townie on day 1, his case on TT wasn't awful so there's that.

Vivax: Was pretty under the radar, but he has a hipster read on fuba that sounds pretty solid. I had myself pointed out previously that fuba wasn't really playing the game as much as stopping by occasionally to write these weird summary posts, but I couldn't remember much scummy from them, not that I had actually read fuba's filter much. In general Vivax actually sounds excited about doing things today, and his primary scumtell is lack of activity/enthusiasm for doing things.

less townie people/haven't paid enough attention to:

fuba, I'm going to read his filter before tonight. My only observation on him is the one I made earlier and what vivax wrote

shapelog, he's in my "ignore these people" category with slam and a few others. Someone else can figure out if he's town or mafia, not my problem.

Grackaroni, only reason I think he may not be mafia is because of how directly he's talking to me. I don't think he'd have the balls to do it as scum.

damdred,

mafia people:

Tumblewood, there is a weird inconsistency in him arguing that he's lazy and doesn't want to build cases when I demanded them in the thread, then he goes on to write them. There's also a weird inconsistency in how detailed his "random guy x is town" case was compared to all his cases attempted on scum, especially his HF case. Additionally there was no interest in piling on him last night, and despite hf and I pushing people on him today he never got above the two votes. This is of course terrible analysis but whatever.

Damdred, I would probably be lynching damdred for his complete lack of trying and helping this game. He has a cocky attitude without the reads or activity or pushes to back it up. He's basically exclusively using the "I'm the greatest" attitude to defend himself, as opposed to pushing other reads. However he did sound slightly emotional when I was confronting him about shit logic so I'm meeehhhh. Objectively the best lynch is to kill him, because he sounds like mafia, but I like Damdred so I'm whatever right now.

Skynx, mostly for calling me mafia. I don't really have many details on him, I just remember being annoyed with him and thinking that because he's annoying he's probably scum. Who knows.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 11:20 GMT
#1935
as I write that I'm just gonna vote Damdred for now and see what happens. Let's make him self-vote and go emo to determine his alignment, it's a perfect plan.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 11:32 GMT
#1938
yes I wasn't going to categorize it initially and then decided to do so, so I had to cut and paste it a bit.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 11:34 GMT
#1941
On September 13 2016 20:33 Superbia wrote:
And he's your main scum push? x;

yes
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 14:00 GMT
#1956
We definitely should get a few more votes on Damdred
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 15:54 GMT
#1985
On September 14 2016 00:42 Superbia wrote:
Actually doesn't vivax just jump on 20 different people as town?


If you want to use meta I think mine is the most accurate.

Vivax shows enthusiasm for his lynches and the game in general when he's town. Not so much when mafia.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 16:26 GMT
#1999
On September 14 2016 01:00 Damdred wrote:
Still have one but expecting to get lynched and I'll shoot,between vivax, sky and tw

yeah no, if you're town you're not shooting.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 16:27 GMT
#2000
On September 14 2016 00:47 Damdred wrote:
He's been pretty lackluster today and doesn't have his usual gung ho and seems to not care about pushing hi a scum read so far.

also stones, glass houses etc

do shit or die damdred.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 16:28 GMT
#2001
even TW got bullied into doing shit.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 16:29 GMT
#2003
On September 14 2016 01:24 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2016 01:00 Damdred wrote:
Still have one but expecting to get lynched and I'll shoot,between vivax, sky and tw

well, now we have the tell for being a complete scrub. still too disappointed to drop the scumread though.
and retroactively, I'd like to add a reason to palmar: his reasons are all bullshit. like if you had a random scumread generator that didn't require you to input the person's posts, that's how palmar feels. can't believe I forgot to put that in my list.

do you know the difference between you and me?

I sometimes catch scum.

do you know why?

Because my reasons are good. always.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 16:37 GMT
#2007
On September 14 2016 01:33 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
All his posts come at awkward times

Show nested quote +
c) your sass has been almost over the top. You aren't queen enough to act like you're me

Show nested quote +
100% scumteam of people who claim to be "waiting on Palmar doing stuff"

examples

I like how you take some tiny indicators (one of them even being a joke) and use it as an example.

Did you lose your sense of humor or did you just roll mafia?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 19:22 GMT
#2032
On September 14 2016 04:21 Holyflare wrote:
I think Skynx is an excellent lynch because:

A) he's extremely likely to be mafia
B) we don't have to read his comments on every single post we've already read but 24 hours later

Do you think damdred is town?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 19:27 GMT
#2039
Tumblewood is on my damdred train.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 19:27 GMT
#2041
I don't know
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
September 13 2016 19:28 GMT
#2042
Shapelog being mafia would explain things because the game just lacks... contention
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft767
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 548
ggaemo 377
Stork 322
Leta 222
PianO 70
Hyuk 30
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 166
Reynor57
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Westballz58
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor719
Other Games
summit1g9953
C9.Mang0295
PiGStarcraft180
Sick157
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick603
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 12
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2289
League of Legends
• Lourlo1395
• Stunt506
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
3h 32m
Online Event
4h 32m
FEL
9h 32m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.