• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:30
CEST 22:30
KST 05:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12830 users

[M][N] Star Wars: Rogue 1 Hype Mafia - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 94 Next
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
August 29 2016 18:08 GMT
#441
yes. compared to newbie xxi, in which he is much more attack-y. definitely seeing more similarity to his scum meta and his town meta.
got 'em boys
next target: palmar or holyflare
good times for all
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 29 2016 18:10 GMT
#442
Holyflare, what do you think about Tumblewood's posts on Tictock? Especially since you said that you're also suspicious of Tictock.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
August 29 2016 18:11 GMT
#443
On August 30 2016 03:10 Trfel wrote:
Holyflare, what do you think about Tumblewood's posts on Tictock? Especially since you said that you're also suspicious of Tictock.

actually next target trfel. or maybe I can save myself some time by asking whether trfel constantly asks "X, what do you think of Y?" as town/scum
good times for all
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 18:12 GMT
#444
On August 30 2016 03:10 Trfel wrote:
Holyflare, what do you think about Tumblewood's posts on Tictock? Especially since you said that you're also suspicious of Tictock.


it's annoying because it's not a bad post :D
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 18:16 GMT
#445
What game is that from tumble? I can't find him posting it in search.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 18:49 GMT
#446
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
August 29 2016 18:53 GMT
#447
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?
Because his wall of text posts don't seem to match some of the reads he ends at in the conclusion.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 29 2016 19:13 GMT
#448
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

How have you not been paying attention to my posts?
Computer says mafia
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
August 29 2016 19:13 GMT
#449
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

There is a pretty big mismatch between his comments/reads/post by post analysis and his conclusions. Most notably on the RB/Palmar thing, also noticeable on the reads on you/me.
As in: his conclusions make various degrees of not much to no sense given the comments he posted in the wall. So it all feels super unnatural/constructed/mismatched.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
August 29 2016 19:20 GMT
#450
I'm super tired and feel like a lazy git:
can someone double check the meta read of tw on tt?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
August 29 2016 19:23 GMT
#451
On August 30 2016 03:04 Tumblewood wrote:
intriguing tictock fiasco: makes this post
Show nested quote +
On February 16 2016 15:32 Tictock wrote:
Tumblewood
nooniansoong
The Shining
mderg
GlowingBear

These are the people who need to post more.

Rsoul is someone I have no idea how to read. Besides Outlaw have we played together before?

I might only know her via Co-hosting.

in a scum game, and makes a similar post this game. sources await whether this is a thing that happens in his town games.

wait? does he do the wall only as scum or not?
your next post only talks about his more aggressive/attacking town style.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 19:27 GMT
#452
On August 30 2016 04:13 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

How have you not been paying attention to my posts?


I didn't think they were very good at all so no.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 19:32 GMT
#453
On August 30 2016 04:13 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

There is a pretty big mismatch between his comments/reads/post by post analysis and his conclusions. Most notably on the RB/Palmar thing, also noticeable on the reads on you/me.
As in: his conclusions make various degrees of not much to no sense given the comments he posted in the wall. So it all feels super unnatural/constructed/mismatched.


But there's not a huge mismatch like you seem to say there is. He sheeps my posts, he dislikes you and votes you, town reads generally share your reads. Why is there a problem?

You ever gonna elaborate on your tt town read after what I said btw?
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
August 29 2016 19:37 GMT
#454
On August 30 2016 04:32 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2016 04:13 disformation wrote:
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

There is a pretty big mismatch between his comments/reads/post by post analysis and his conclusions. Most notably on the RB/Palmar thing, also noticeable on the reads on you/me.
As in: his conclusions make various degrees of not much to no sense given the comments he posted in the wall. So it all feels super unnatural/constructed/mismatched.


But there's not a huge mismatch like you seem to say there is. He sheeps my posts, he dislikes you and votes you, town reads generally share your reads. Why is there a problem?

You ever gonna elaborate on your tt town read after what I said btw?

Yes, the mismatch regarding you and me is smaller than the ones regarding RB and Palmar.
Still: he never says he sheeps you, he never really says explains why I am scum. I had to read his wall like three times to interpret it this way. So it is basically an assumption I and you made regarding his reads. So he has this huge wall that is super constructed/unnatural and forces me to interpret/guess/assume where his reads are at. Obj. gives him tone of wriggle room, too.

I dont know if I elaborated on my tt town read after what you said. Let me look at my filter.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
August 29 2016 19:38 GMT
#455
On August 30 2016 03:02 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 16:15 disformation wrote:
On August 29 2016 16:13 Trfel wrote:
On August 29 2016 16:10 disformation wrote:
and with all these questions I am fairly surprised you don't ask me where the hell my incredible hard TR on TT comes from.
Sure, why are you so confident that Tictock is town?

For correctly using meta to TR me, when he could just sheep one of the really strong players scumreading me.


In regards to Disformation, I'm not sure what to think of him at the moment but this post struck me as really dodgy. In the last game he played where he was mafia against me himself and shape pocketed me hard with town reads flung at me from every direction and "analysing" my posts d1 to correctly determine my alignment (my biggest weakness apparently) yet this game he's quite happy to town read someone doing the same thing to himself??? (Not to mention that I actually think TT is somewhat suspicious anyway)

Honestly, I don't think disformation is really doing anything much this game, he posts a lot sure and he says some things that align with what's happening but there's subtle things like the above post which make me confused that he actually thinks these things if he's town. I also don't particularly think there's much original thought in his filter.

Do you mean this?
Then no I haven't.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 19:42 GMT
#456
Also, Daneler or w/e your name is, why have you ignored providing a read on disformation when he displayed the exact same traits that koshi did when you scum read koshi? I pointed it out and you've just jumped on geript for a point that is somewhat mediocre while ignoring evidence given to you that you yourself said you'd look into:

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 30 2016 00:50 DanelerH wrote:
Rels certainly seems suspicious for having ony said "yo", then disappearing, but I don't think we have enough information to lynch him. I'm more interested in Geript right now. Other than the posts in the spoiler below, his strange reads are pretty much all he's said. It would be one thing if they were ordered by person, then gives an alignment after each one, but they're ordered by timestamp, which makes them seem a lot less coherent. As Palmar pointed out, there is also a pretty blatant contradiction in his read on Race Bannon. Because of this, I think I'm going to vote for Geript, as well.

+ Show Spoiler +

On August 29 2016 10:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 06:54 Palmar wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:46 Trfel wrote:
Oh boy, disformation, I can't wait to see how you react if/when I actually push you

For you less meta-inclined people, Palmar and Vivax are very likely town ^^

at least if Trfel is mafia and ever flips I'm spewed confirmed town status. That's nice.

This is the most interesting post so far. I'm surprised Palmar doesn't want to lynch Trfel; usually, he'd be more than happy to flip someone he doesn't think is town in hopes to confirm himself.


On August 29 2016 10:54 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 10:51 scott31337 wrote:
On August 29 2016 10:39 geript wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:54 Palmar wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:46 Trfel wrote:
Oh boy, disformation, I can't wait to see how you react if/when I actually push you

For you less meta-inclined people, Palmar and Vivax are very likely town ^^

at least if Trfel is mafia and ever flips I'm spewed confirmed town status. That's nice.

This is the most interesting post so far. I'm surprised Palmar doesn't want to lynch Trfel; usually, he'd be more than happy to flip someone he doesn't think is town in hopes to confirm himself.


[image loading]

I do, but I'm at work. You'll get them later tonight.



##vote Geript


On August 29 2016 10:33 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 10:24 DanelerH wrote:
I find it odd that Koshi was suspicious of Trfel, but then defended Trfel shortly afterwards. If the former was said in jest, then it's another irrelevant and uncontributive post.


Also, if you're using this metric why are you going after Koshi and not hopping aboard the Disformation is mafia train with me? None of disformation's post can be mistaken for jokes, a lot of them defend people (Rels) and then scum lean them (based off a 2 letter post....)?

Also, everyone that is following the Palmar wagon on Rels and has said nothing more is in major cop out mode and I will be coming after you big time.


Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 29 2016 19:46 GMT
#457
On August 30 2016 04:27 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 30 2016 04:13 Palmar wrote:
On August 30 2016 03:49 Holyflare wrote:
Also someone explain to me how geript is leading the votes?

How have you not been paying attention to my posts?


I didn't think they were very good at all so no.

so you think it's completely irrelevant that geript disagrees with himself, and additionally you'd rather pick a fight with me?
Computer says mafia
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 19:57 GMT
#458
On August 29 2016 19:00 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 18:45 Palmar wrote:
geript's two long posts are awful. He quotes a bunch of my posts and gives random commentary, then proceeds to make his conclusion some joke about marv.

Also, Rels still afk? wow such caught.


Like to elaborate further on the geript thing. It's of special notice that when he is posting, Rels is clearly running away with the vote, and as such, geript should be paying attention to that part of the game, yet all he says about my case is "i am not impressed" without giving any further reasoning about it. In his conclusion he states "Rels is useless as usual" or something like that, which is like the weakest possible stance you can take on the person currently up for lynch.

Like I would've been fine if geript's criticism was actually explained, or thought out at all. His long posts really stick out as "I'm gonna quote a bunch of shit and add random commentary so it looks like I'm doing things".

Essentially, despite the long form of his posts, what he has done is basically written a glorified list post that looks something like this:

Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 15:05 geript wrote:

Town
HF
Koshi
Vivax

Leaning Town
Trfel

Null
Palmar
Scott
Rels

Scum
Tumble
RB
disfo



Not that lists aren't fine, they're often a good way to gauge where someone stands on a game, but meeeehhh~~~

Also, he completely disregarded my point on RB which I still think is an excellent point.

So yeah. geript's entrance is shit.


When it comes down to it and I read your posts I see a lot of geript saying smart things that I agree with (your case on rels is totally subpar and he is useless) and the RB thing isn't particularly alignment indicative (I know for sure I've tried to abuse this as mafia before and it's been abused against me).

He also agrees with my reads and smart towny people do that.

As far as contradiction I don't particularly see much.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 19:59 GMT
#459
On August 30 2016 01:47 geript wrote:
Pretty simple. I ignored the initial pm post. That's the type of shit that flat out ruins games one way or another. At the time he had a short filter with an exceptionally unusual scum pair (Koshi + someone iirc). I remember missing it initially but when TT and TW were talking, TT had this awful townread reasoning and TW made a short post on how he and Koshi couldn't be scum together. And it got me thinking about how Race could ever pair those two. It's such an odd pairing that it stuck in my mind.


Perhaps it's because I wasn't around at the time that you saw it being contradictory but I remember reading this and being completely fine with it. I'm not going to just flat out trust something that isn't alignment indicative and has actually been used by mafia before.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 29 2016 20:02 GMT
#460
On August 30 2016 04:42 Holyflare wrote:
Also, Daneler or w/e your name is, why have you ignored providing a read on disformation when he displayed the exact same traits that koshi did when you scum read koshi? I pointed it out and you've just jumped on geript for a point that is somewhat mediocre while ignoring evidence given to you that you yourself said you'd look into:

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 30 2016 00:50 DanelerH wrote:
Rels certainly seems suspicious for having ony said "yo", then disappearing, but I don't think we have enough information to lynch him. I'm more interested in Geript right now. Other than the posts in the spoiler below, his strange reads are pretty much all he's said. It would be one thing if they were ordered by person, then gives an alignment after each one, but they're ordered by timestamp, which makes them seem a lot less coherent. As Palmar pointed out, there is also a pretty blatant contradiction in his read on Race Bannon. Because of this, I think I'm going to vote for Geript, as well.

+ Show Spoiler +

On August 29 2016 10:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 06:54 Palmar wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:46 Trfel wrote:
Oh boy, disformation, I can't wait to see how you react if/when I actually push you

For you less meta-inclined people, Palmar and Vivax are very likely town ^^

at least if Trfel is mafia and ever flips I'm spewed confirmed town status. That's nice.

This is the most interesting post so far. I'm surprised Palmar doesn't want to lynch Trfel; usually, he'd be more than happy to flip someone he doesn't think is town in hopes to confirm himself.


On August 29 2016 10:54 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 10:51 scott31337 wrote:
On August 29 2016 10:39 geript wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:54 Palmar wrote:
On August 29 2016 06:46 Trfel wrote:
Oh boy, disformation, I can't wait to see how you react if/when I actually push you

For you less meta-inclined people, Palmar and Vivax are very likely town ^^

at least if Trfel is mafia and ever flips I'm spewed confirmed town status. That's nice.

This is the most interesting post so far. I'm surprised Palmar doesn't want to lynch Trfel; usually, he'd be more than happy to flip someone he doesn't think is town in hopes to confirm himself.


[image loading]

I do, but I'm at work. You'll get them later tonight.



##vote Geript


Show nested quote +
On August 29 2016 10:33 Holyflare wrote:
On August 29 2016 10:24 DanelerH wrote:
I find it odd that Koshi was suspicious of Trfel, but then defended Trfel shortly afterwards. If the former was said in jest, then it's another irrelevant and uncontributive post.


Also, if you're using this metric why are you going after Koshi and not hopping aboard the Disformation is mafia train with me? None of disformation's post can be mistaken for jokes, a lot of them defend people (Rels) and then scum lean them (based off a 2 letter post....)?

Also, everyone that is following the Palmar wagon on Rels and has said nothing more is in major cop out mode and I will be coming after you big time.




This is an excellent point btw:

Koshi does scummy trait A

I tell Daneler that Koshi does it a lot and in fact Disformation is more guilty of scummy trait A

Daneler hops on current free wagon of geript ignores scummy trait A
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20558
Calm 2155
Shuttle 336
White-Ra 179
Mini 165
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 77
soO 9
Sacsri 6
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1594
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4906
Liquid`Hasu609
Other Games
summit1g8017
Liquid`RaSZi2254
FrodaN1838
fl0m1368
B2W.Neo929
olofmeister775
RotterdaM476
crisheroes321
IndyStarCraft 237
Pyrionflax198
Livibee194
Mew2King57
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick959
BasetradeTV197
StarCraft 2
angryscii 21
EmSc Tv 21
EmSc2Tv 21
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 22
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki40
• blackmanpl 20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1544
• Shiphtur668
• WagamamaTV365
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 30m
Replay Cast
2h 30m
OSC
15h 30m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.