• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:49
CEST 00:49
KST 07:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7801 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
Felkyr
Profile Joined August 2013
United States135 Posts
February 29 2016 16:58 GMT
#241
On March 01 2016 01:47 qob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:36 Felkyr wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:28 qob wrote:
On March 01 2016 00:03 Damdred wrote:
Which advice did you think was scummy?

please read this

On March 01 2016 00:09 Shapelog wrote:
On February 29 2016 23:55 qob wrote:
@Shape it wasnt his joke, it was his "advice" that makes me susp.

So this post right?
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker + 1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

With the follow up of:
On February 29 2016 13:00 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:57 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker +1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

Disagree unless it's intentional.
I don't think lurking is any scummier than in normal games.
1 active and 1 lurker is less Scummy than 2 lurkers,
2 lurkers is very Scummy because it makes it less likely that the lurking is due to irl, and more likely that it is due to the stresses of being scum.

I did mean intentional lurking, but otherwise I actually agree with you.

If you look at what I bolded in the 1st quoted post. I admit, there is something weird with the timing of that. Since Team Koshi posted a feel moments before:
On February 29 2016 10:44 Koshi wrote:
I have decided to not post in this thread but just post in our QT.

I am not sure what to think about it tbh. It feels a bit too coincidental that UON mentions a scum trait that fits one teams play style. On the same page. Maybe he was trying to respond to it? But no one was really raising a eye at it and in that case he would post "Team Koshi...."


That is the post


Qob, how would you compare Sentinel's entry posts to your own teammate, Sandroba, his entry posts?

Did you realize FF is Sentinel's partner?

Sandroba's entry post? Like, for the thread or the game?

No im focusing on Sentinel rn, not this FF person.


The game... Please answer the question.

Regardless of it being a good opening post or not, do you agree with Sentinel's statement in it (1 lurker + 1 active = scummy)?
"… Every day, when I open the windows, my Koshi sings. It's marvelous."
Spikasaur
Profile Joined February 2016
United Kingdom63 Posts
February 29 2016 16:58 GMT
#242
On March 01 2016 01:44 Felkyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:35 Spikasaur wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:28 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:27 Shapelog wrote:
I do wonder how much nutritional value a Blahvacado has.

Well if we're going by content then he's about as nutritious as stale cardboard...


Same for us all at the moment, no? Game hasn't really picked up yet.


Talking about one lurker + one active, you have any town or scum leans, Spike?


No leans really. Come back soon when there's been further progression?
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 29 2016 17:10 GMT
#243
qob is new but trying hard to throw scum on my partner because he was aggresive and voted me.

Wowie
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
February 29 2016 17:11 GMT
#244
I like that you're trying qob but you're off to a bad start
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 29 2016 17:16 GMT
#245
On March 01 2016 01:48 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:46 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On to less interesting matters - finding out who's town and who isn't. From what we've seen I don't think Koshi/Felkyr are mafia. For the record I didn't see Koshi's post when posting my "1 lurker / 1 active" thing. But usually he has a lot more fun playing town than playing scum, and he doesn't seem serious at all here.

let's play a game.

First 3 posts of a random other game:
Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 09:01 Koshi wrote:
Goddamn. I sucked up to so many hosts in my career nobody rolls me mafia anymore.
I am just too friendly.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 09:01 Koshi wrote:
Maybe I should join a game with BH as host.

Show nested quote +
On February 04 2016 09:05 Koshi wrote:
On February 04 2016 09:03 Palmar wrote:
Koshi do you want to be a pretend-mason with me?

Only if we pretend to be mafia


town or mafia?

"random"

I was actually looking through a list of games where he claimed he was "totes town" and realized that the real culprit was the fact that Koshi isn't scum a lot to begin with. Out of the 45 games in the mafia database (last one being November 2015), he's been scum for 7 of them. And out of the last 19 games in that list, he was scum in 2 of them. So I guess I'm wrong.

On March 01 2016 01:48 qob wrote:
Sentinel you can act as if you are not scared, but i can see through your lies.

You can lie to yourself but don't lie to me.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 29 2016 17:55 GMT
#246
<< whatever marv I do what i want just becuase i updated the op doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I don't like the random anger qob shows over nothing? It doesn't really make sense to me. I see what Marv was trying to do and him reacting that way makes 0 sense.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 29 2016 17:56 GMT
#247
On March 01 2016 02:55 Damdred wrote:
<< whatever marv I do what i want just becuase i updated the op doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I don't like the random anger qob shows over nothing? It doesn't really make sense to me. I see what Marv was trying to do and him reacting that way makes 0 sense.

<3

In fairness, he probably didn't really see what i was trying to do, so the fact you understand it and he doesn't/didn't makes his reaction a little more understandable.

as a tentative idea, a newbie mafia probably doesn't decide to start insulting a senior player close to right off the bat. maybe.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
qob
Profile Joined February 2016
84 Posts
February 29 2016 18:00 GMT
#248
On March 01 2016 02:16 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
You can lie to yourself but don't lie to me.

What a foolish statement, i only speak facts, the sooner you realize this the sooner you'll save yourself from embarrassment.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 29 2016 18:01 GMT
#249
I actually think its a good newbie tactic especially given they are paired up with someone to seem upset. Well especially if koshi is the other pair of mafia at least.

But thats to associative for me. I still think the anger is misplaced and not really going along to see where you are going made me go hm. Btw i take it koshi was scum in all those
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 29 2016 18:08 GMT
#250
On March 01 2016 03:01 Damdred wrote:
I actually think its a good newbie tactic especially given they are paired up with someone to seem upset. Well especially if koshi is the other pair of mafia at least.

But thats to associative for me. I still think the anger is misplaced and not really going along to see where you are going made me go hm. Btw i take it koshi was scum in all those

Yup, it's The Mafia Awakens if I'm not mistaken.

On March 01 2016 03:00 qob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 02:16 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
You can lie to yourself but don't lie to me.

What a foolish statement, i only speak facts, the sooner you realize this the sooner you'll save yourself from embarrassment.

You're still doing it.
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Felkyr
Profile Joined August 2013
United States135 Posts
February 29 2016 18:10 GMT
#251
On March 01 2016 01:47 qob wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:36 Felkyr wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:28 qob wrote:
On March 01 2016 00:03 Damdred wrote:
Which advice did you think was scummy?

please read this

On March 01 2016 00:09 Shapelog wrote:
On February 29 2016 23:55 qob wrote:
@Shape it wasnt his joke, it was his "advice" that makes me susp.

So this post right?
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker + 1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

With the follow up of:
On February 29 2016 13:00 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:57 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker +1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

Disagree unless it's intentional.
I don't think lurking is any scummier than in normal games.
1 active and 1 lurker is less Scummy than 2 lurkers,
2 lurkers is very Scummy because it makes it less likely that the lurking is due to irl, and more likely that it is due to the stresses of being scum.

I did mean intentional lurking, but otherwise I actually agree with you.

If you look at what I bolded in the 1st quoted post. I admit, there is something weird with the timing of that. Since Team Koshi posted a feel moments before:
On February 29 2016 10:44 Koshi wrote:
I have decided to not post in this thread but just post in our QT.

I am not sure what to think about it tbh. It feels a bit too coincidental that UON mentions a scum trait that fits one teams play style. On the same page. Maybe he was trying to respond to it? But no one was really raising a eye at it and in that case he would post "Team Koshi...."


That is the post


Qob, how would you compare Sentinel's entry posts to your own teammate, Sandroba, his entry posts?

Did you realize FF is Sentinel's partner?

Sandroba's entry post? Like, for the thread or the game?

No im focusing on Sentinel rn, not this FF person.


I'm more bothered by the fact that Qob says he's focusing on Sentinel but he doesn't even know who his teammate is or does any effort in actually understanding the context of his (couple of) posts. Qob's opening post was just lousy; I don't think he was focused on Sentinel at all, he was just trying too hard to find something of value to post about.

I didn't like his rant against Marv either but I don't think it's AI.
"… Every day, when I open the windows, my Koshi sings. It's marvelous."
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 29 2016 18:30 GMT
#252
On March 01 2016 03:10 Felkyr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:47 qob wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:36 Felkyr wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:28 qob wrote:
On March 01 2016 00:03 Damdred wrote:
Which advice did you think was scummy?

please read this

On March 01 2016 00:09 Shapelog wrote:
On February 29 2016 23:55 qob wrote:
@Shape it wasnt his joke, it was his "advice" that makes me susp.

So this post right?
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker + 1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

With the follow up of:
On February 29 2016 13:00 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:57 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
On February 29 2016 12:01 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
1 lurker +1 active is definitely a scum trait this game. It's a cheap way to limit information (only have one gut player to go off of) while still having the team participate and influence decisions (second player contributing by QT).

Disagree unless it's intentional.
I don't think lurking is any scummier than in normal games.
1 active and 1 lurker is less Scummy than 2 lurkers,
2 lurkers is very Scummy because it makes it less likely that the lurking is due to irl, and more likely that it is due to the stresses of being scum.

I did mean intentional lurking, but otherwise I actually agree with you.

If you look at what I bolded in the 1st quoted post. I admit, there is something weird with the timing of that. Since Team Koshi posted a feel moments before:
On February 29 2016 10:44 Koshi wrote:
I have decided to not post in this thread but just post in our QT.

I am not sure what to think about it tbh. It feels a bit too coincidental that UON mentions a scum trait that fits one teams play style. On the same page. Maybe he was trying to respond to it? But no one was really raising a eye at it and in that case he would post "Team Koshi...."


That is the post


Qob, how would you compare Sentinel's entry posts to your own teammate, Sandroba, his entry posts?

Did you realize FF is Sentinel's partner?

Sandroba's entry post? Like, for the thread or the game?

No im focusing on Sentinel rn, not this FF person.


I'm more bothered by the fact that Qob says he's focusing on Sentinel but he doesn't even know who his teammate is or does any effort in actually understanding the context of his (couple of) posts. Qob's opening post was just lousy; I don't think he was focused on Sentinel at all, he was just trying too hard to find something of value to post about.

I didn't like his rant against Marv either but I don't think it's AI.

I honestly think it was just a hunch he had that he then tried to back up with evidence. Not a scumtell IMO
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 18:48 GMT
#253
On March 01 2016 01:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:43 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
VE, meta is worth a lot more if you were actually playing in the game. TT is tryhard scum.
Why are you ignoring the fact that it was in the joke phase?

I take "joke phase" on a player by player basis, and from my experience with him TT never ever jokes in the beginning as town, he always tryhards at the beginning. That's why I ignored it, because for TT from my experience, there's no such thing as a joke phase.

Does TT ever joke in the begining as mafia? Because if it is a new behavior all together I would think it's more likely to come from town than from mafia.

Sentinel's first post does sound a bit like not thought out generic filler as qop pointed out, but I'm not sure I should hold it against him since it was so early in the game.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 18:53 GMT
#254
Also I guess I'm confirmed town by association =).
Honestly the only poster that gave me bad vibes so far was shapelog.
Queenfestor
Profile Joined February 2016
25 Posts
February 29 2016 18:54 GMT
#255
Alright guys i am alive dont worry yourselfs

Is the post count increasing much higher the next days?
Race Bannon
Profile Blog Joined February 2016
689 Posts
February 29 2016 19:05 GMT
#256
On March 01 2016 03:10 Felkyr wrote:.
I didn't like his rant against Marv either but I don't think it's AI.


It's definitely AI.
However at this juncture I wouldn't know how to argue in favor of it being AI here specifically, nor how to follow through with the actual reduction process.

Your determination to declare it otherwise seems out of place notwithstanding, so help me understand how something that's either faked by mafia or real when a townie does it is not AI.


https://youtube.com/watch?v=KqEaAHqYkig Original Message From Tumblewood: dear god
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
February 29 2016 19:09 GMT
#257
What's AI?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
February 29 2016 19:12 GMT
#258
On March 01 2016 03:48 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 01:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 01 2016 01:43 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
VE, meta is worth a lot more if you were actually playing in the game. TT is tryhard scum.
Why are you ignoring the fact that it was in the joke phase?

I take "joke phase" on a player by player basis, and from my experience with him TT never ever jokes in the beginning as town, he always tryhards at the beginning. That's why I ignored it, because for TT from my experience, there's no such thing as a joke phase.

Does TT ever joke in the begining as mafia? Because if it is a new behavior all together I would think it's more likely to come from town than from mafia.

Sentinel's first post does sound a bit like not thought out generic filler as qop pointed out, but I'm not sure I should hold it against him since it was so early in the game.

Yes, TT has joke before as mafia.
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Queenfestor
Profile Joined February 2016
25 Posts
February 29 2016 19:14 GMT
#259
U guys like to commit over a simple joke he?
Shapelog
Profile Joined November 2015
United States5188 Posts
February 29 2016 19:16 GMT
#260
On March 01 2016 04:09 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
What's AI?

Alignment Indicative.
"Subsequently clicking post is like launching a doomsday's worth of nukes' equivalent in dopamine." -RB
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 158
ProTech140
ViBE97
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12649
910 78
NaDa 18
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4155
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4193
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 312
Liquid`Hasu262
ToD222
PPMD33
JuggernautJason18
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• musti20045 39
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21775
League of Legends
• Scarra998
Other Games
• imaqtpie1056
• Shiphtur583
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
11m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 11m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.