• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:26
CEST 08:26
KST 15:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8853 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 95 Next
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 29 2016 20:08 GMT
#281
Hi rels,

I was going to ask you to be my friend this game, that sort of special friend you curl up with and close the door with becuase you trust each other. but now i learn that you don't trust me.

It hurts my heart, why did we get to this point.

Sincerely Damdred

Anyway, I like your Koshi read (marvs also since his was first). I am trying not to read VE yet bad history there don't feel like being called a donkey yet.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:08 GMT
#282
[T] The New Personality Mafia Town geript Lynched Day 6
[M][T] Season of the Witch 2 Town Grandier Killed Night 3
[M][N] Haunted Mansion Mini Mafia Town Vanilla Killed Night 4
[M][N] TL Mafia LXXIII: The Nutcracker Mafia Vanilla Endgamed Day 4

are the games I used. It's an excerpt from the TL Mafia Database under the heading "Ticktock" freely available for everyone to use.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:11 GMT
#283
Like I'm sure there are some more recent ones, but my memory is what prompted the meta, not these games. I just went to these games to verify what I suspected, that he doesn't do this as town.

To be fair, as I pointed out, this is a new one if he's mafia too. But right now he's who I'm most suspicious of.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
February 29 2016 20:11 GMT
#284
So you didn't read this one then.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/490503-newbie-student-mafia-xiii?user=Tictock
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:11 GMT
#285
On March 01 2016 05:03 VisceraEyes wrote:
They're the games in the archive man, I could link them but you could just as easily go look at the games yourself. Someone very old and sad put a lot of time into that thing, and you should really use it!

I honestly can't find it. And I also want to see what you saw that you think is similar.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:12 GMT
#286
There isn't much similar, as I pointed out, the mafia meta I looked up doesn't quite match. But that's not conclusive that he's not, I find the difference in attitude striking.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:13 GMT
#287
On March 01 2016 05:08 VisceraEyes wrote:
[T] The New Personality Mafia Town geript Lynched Day 6
[M][T] Season of the Witch 2 Town Grandier Killed Night 3
[M][N] Haunted Mansion Mini Mafia Town Vanilla Killed Night 4
[M][N] TL Mafia LXXIII: The Nutcracker Mafia Vanilla Endgamed Day 4

are the games I used. It's an excerpt from the TL Mafia Database under the heading "Ticktock" freely available for everyone to use.

I did read these from the database, and the thread entrance of both his mafia games are not like this one. Unless I'm really tripping here, I don't really get where you got your meta from?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:13 GMT
#288
On March 01 2016 05:11 Rels wrote:
So you didn't read this one then.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/490503-newbie-student-mafia-xiii?user=Tictock

I didn't. Instead, I used the more recent games, as I figured they'd be more accurate as to his current capabilities.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
February 29 2016 20:14 GMT
#289
So now that you know he has done that before as town, what does that do to your read of TT ?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:15 GMT
#290
On March 01 2016 05:12 VisceraEyes wrote:
There isn't much similar, as I pointed out, the mafia meta I looked up doesn't quite match. But that's not conclusive that he's not, I find the difference in attitude striking.

Honestly VE, I think you just made up a meta read off thin air. You are very much aware that difference in meta does not equal mafia, unless it is in acordance to his usual mafia meta or it is a change in a mafia oriented way.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:16 GMT
#291
From my perspective it IS in a mafia oriented way, but you're obviously entitled to your opinion.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:17 GMT
#292
I mean you can CLEARLY see that I didn't make up the meta read from thin air, it's all right there in the archives. I never ever said this was like his mafia game. I only ever EVER said that this is nothing like his towngame. Which is true, in point of fact.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:19 GMT
#293
On March 01 2016 05:14 Rels wrote:
So now that you know he has done that before as town, what does that do to your read of TT ?

That he has done it before doesn't make him likely to do it again, as his further FOUR towngames prove. I don't KNOW he's mafia, I'm making a guess based on the information I have. Do you know something I don't about his alignment?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
February 29 2016 20:20 GMT
#294
On March 01 2016 05:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 05:14 Rels wrote:
So now that you know he has done that before as town, what does that do to your read of TT ?

That he has done it before doesn't make him likely to do it again, as his further FOUR towngames prove. I don't KNOW he's mafia, I'm making a guess based on the information I have. Do you know something I don't about his alignment?

I don't understand your read.
He posted silly things => he's scum ?
Before you explained this read by saying "he has never done it as town", now that it's proven wrong it's just "he's useless so likely scum" right ?
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:21 GMT
#295
On March 01 2016 05:20 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 05:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 01 2016 05:14 Rels wrote:
So now that you know he has done that before as town, what does that do to your read of TT ?

That he has done it before doesn't make him likely to do it again, as his further FOUR towngames prove. I don't KNOW he's mafia, I'm making a guess based on the information I have. Do you know something I don't about his alignment?

I don't understand your read.
He posted silly things => he's scum ?
Before you explained this read by saying "he has never done it as town", now that it's proven wrong it's just "he's useless so likely scum" right ?

It's not that hes NEVER done it as town, it's that I'VE never seen it, because he doesn't do it OFTEN as town. It's a probability thing. From my perspective, the fact that he joked around makes it MORE LIKELY that he's mafia than town. I really can't fathom what's so hard to understand about this.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 29 2016 20:23 GMT
#296
And at this point, I don't care! Someone present a better alternative or shut the fuck up! I'll be back later on to see what's happening. BYE!!!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
TheCow
Profile Joined December 2015
Canada24 Posts
February 29 2016 20:24 GMT
#297
I do not understand the point of the philosophy being posted in this thread. It seems like filler discussion to me.

Sential is sticking out to me. I am reading the slot as scum at this point.

The current meta-ing occurring looks like a dead-end and I do not understand why it is still being pursued.

How many games has Viscera played?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
February 29 2016 20:25 GMT
#298
On March 01 2016 05:21 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2016 05:20 Rels wrote:
On March 01 2016 05:19 VisceraEyes wrote:
On March 01 2016 05:14 Rels wrote:
So now that you know he has done that before as town, what does that do to your read of TT ?

That he has done it before doesn't make him likely to do it again, as his further FOUR towngames prove. I don't KNOW he's mafia, I'm making a guess based on the information I have. Do you know something I don't about his alignment?

I don't understand your read.
He posted silly things => he's scum ?
Before you explained this read by saying "he has never done it as town", now that it's proven wrong it's just "he's useless so likely scum" right ?

It's not that hes NEVER done it as town, it's that I'VE never seen it, because he doesn't do it OFTEN as town. It's a probability thing. From my perspective, the fact that he joked around makes it MORE LIKELY that he's mafia than town. I really can't fathom what's so hard to understand about this.

IT DOESNT MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE
What is this "from your POV" BS
Its PROVEN hes done it before as town so its FUCKING NAI, HES NOT MORE OR LESS LIKELY TO BE SCUM BECAUSE OF THAT
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
February 29 2016 20:26 GMT
#299
You're not re evaluating you reasons based on what's happening
You're very probably scum
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 29 2016 20:27 GMT
#300
A person doesn't start the game joking as town or mafia. When he eventually does, why does it makes him more likely mafia? Wouldn't a player as mafia try his best to emulate his usual town behavior?

I'm not saying he isn't ever mafia in that situation, but I don't see a basis for you to pursue it as evidence pointing to scum.
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 120
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3943
Mong 80
sorry 35
ToSsGirL 17
Icarus 8
Noble 8
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Other Games
summit1g8004
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0262
ceh9217
Sick155
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 37
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Lourlo889
• Stunt397
Other Games
• Shiphtur530
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.