• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:36
CEST 21:36
KST 04:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9300 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 79

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 288 Next
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 11:57 GMT
#1561
Gonna grab some lunch, then I will see who I want to lynch today. Having so much info only 12 hours into the day is soooo cool! Before filtering, I would lynch Vivax, Onegu (for both: kinda useless during the first phases, didn't cooperate during the number pick phase, didn't cooperate during the role pick phase and we don't know what they picked) and AlotSomuch (useless but trying to be nice). We'll see if that changes after I read their filters. (=
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 21 2016 12:39 GMT
#1562
I have never been in a game with less info than this one.
I had a good night of sleep.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 12:47 GMT
#1563
On January 21 2016 21:39 Koshi wrote:
I have never been in a game with less info than this one.

That's because you're a flower.
Yep, cannot use curse words anymore.
Like for example I've thought of something: Damdred is 99% town. He had the opportunity to pick Nigella at the end of the role pick phase, when OWS finally accepted to let him pick that: but he agreed to pick doc, when doc is a super bad role for scum 'cause if they heal a townie, they have a chance to die instantly. On the other hand, Nigella might not be super strong in scum's hands, but it's way better than doc.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 21 2016 12:53 GMT
#1564
On January 21 2016 17:56 Palmar wrote:
I just read disformation's filter and I have little idea what his alignment is.

Some times he sounds a bit fake tonally, but he did pick a sweet role for town, and he is actually putting in management work through getting the role list nailed down so meh.

I liked his "trust issues" comment on me, and I didn't mind his early townread on TT.

Then he had some tonally weird things like the lemon-tree comment about TT in his list, which unless that's some kind of an inside joke, it feels like a very weird thing to call people.

I think the conclusion is I have no real interest in lynching him today. I want more hard reads from him though. If his filter had a few decently constructed reads in it I'd feel a lot more comfortable. I think he'd be a pretty good check.

Also his reaction to the scumreads was maybe a bit over the top. Not sure if it's genuine to care so much about a few shitty "maybe scum" reads. Unless he thinks he has played townie enough to warrant a universal townread or something.

Lemon-tree is my new name for my "wtf banana boat" or simpy "bananaboat" read category. Which stands for people I can't read or otherwise have a very hard time reaching a conclusion on. Similar to how you null read me.
I have used the bananaboat read category as both alignments before (nsm 17 and dark tournament). Why lemon tree? Cause yellow. Duh.
If you have a problem with these names, imma channel my inner ritoky.
+ Show Spoiler +
And tell you to:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Some random ass reads:
The Shining Like his posts today. Town.
Vivax Me no like. How is his meta? Like does he prefer one of the alignments over the other? Is activity alignment indicative for him?
GB I think I saw a post or two of him I did like. Need to read filter.
kitaman27 Yeah, he had a lot of NAI posts bout setup, but most of his comments/suggestions made sense to me, so not sure here. Probably should read filter.
Damdy Not sold, but probably not a good lunch today.
copcake Lemon-tree.
TT Lemon-tree.

Also just remembered that I wanted to look at Breshke.


On January 21 2016 20:25 Koshi wrote:
I understand now what I need to do.

##unvote
##vote VayneAuthority


In Vayne we trust.

Koshi can you explain this to me? Like if he really has that hero role, wouldn't alignment checking/tracking/maybe if you really think he is scum, shooting him be better?


Any questions? Otherwise I'll look at more pps and find the scum.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 12:56 GMT
#1565
I feel very good about relstown now.
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 12:57 GMT
#1566
disfo gonna filter Alot Onegu and Vivax wanna do this with me ?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 12:57 GMT
#1567
Palmar you're welcome to join too.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 12:58 GMT
#1568
I can do vivax because I already know what I'm going to say

I don't want to do Onegu at all because I usually don't enjoy reading his filters. Alot, maybe later.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 12:58 GMT
#1569
Like Onegu is funny and all, but he's rarely insightful
Computer says mafia
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 21 2016 13:01 GMT
#1570
Vivax has like no filter?^^
Wasn't he also here earlier and gtfoed?
On January 21 2016 19:33 Vivax wrote:
I got quite the pro town role.

Breakfast time :>

On January 21 2016 19:46 Vivax wrote:
Koshi is there anyone in this game you really want dead.

On January 21 2016 19:47 Vivax wrote:
More of a rhetorical question


Yeah, pretty much. Can anyone answer my meta questions on him?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:08 GMT
#1571
There is no meta that matters.

All that matters is that Vivax had no intention

all that matters is he had nothing to say on day 1, yet his only meaningful contribution was to take the piss out of any attempt at organizing. This means he is mafia. Not because only scum would be skeptical of any organization, but because townies would probably be looking for something else to do.

It's the difference in mindset of I'm expecting townies to want to do something, even if it's stupid. Vivax used the planning that was meant to be happening as an excuse to post.

He is always going to be mafia.

There is no meta that matters.

All that matters is that Vivax had no intention

Bold prediction:

Kita and Vivax are in fact scummates. Based on this:


On January 20 2016 20:28 Vivax wrote:
Ofc I stole kita's thunder by picking his number cause I think he's mafia (saying I don't do anything about number claiming is pretty stupid cause giving my opinion on it is already "doing something" and I had good reason not to partake in that plan where mafia has all the numbers nicely presented for their team to coordinate.


On January 20 2016 22:41 Vivax wrote:
I'm fine with bringing kita down in the selection but I also wanted a piece of the cake.



On January 20 2016 03:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 03:15 Palmar wrote:
On January 20 2016 00:55 Vivax wrote:
Picking 1 1, obviously a lie.

Obviously the truth.

Pretty much sums up why this shitty number claiming strat won't do jack.

Vivax is mafia. Not simply because he refuses to cooperate but because he refuses to cooperate AND that is everything he brings to the table.


Vivax was the first person that I picked out as mafia too.

Shows up to complain about something, but doesn't do anything about it.


On January 20 2016 09:20 kitaman27 wrote:
Since this seems to happen every game, making a post game bet with myself that at least two scum buddies picked the same number to try to throw us off :D

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:09 GMT
#1572
...had no intention of actually doing anything on day 1, yet found a way to post.
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 13:16 GMT
#1573
So. AlotSoMuch is scum.

1. He doesn't care about the game and is just going along. Scum will either do this to not attract attention, or they will try to subtly manipulate town to gain an advantage. Alot is doing the former.
Here is what I'm talking about:
+ Show Spoiler +

On January 20 2016 03:05 AlotSomuch wrote:
I have arrived. Skimmed through everything, tried to take note of non-mechanics discussion and failed for the most part, so no reads at this point, especially considering I know like none of you. Such is life. I put in for number 7 last night when I got my PM, which I think someone said they Might be going for but could go for a different one?

On January 20 2016 03:12 AlotSomuch wrote:
Guess I'll take 11.1 then.

On January 20 2016 09:52 AlotSomuch wrote:
I picked 11.1, just like I said I would.

On January 21 2016 01:02 AlotSomuch wrote:
Let me know what role to pick.
[...]
Just here for role madness fun and to shake off the rust.

On January 21 2016 04:50 AlotSomuch wrote:
I'm fine with Kitaman27.
/approved

On January 21 2016 09:43 AlotSomuch wrote:
I successfully got my assigned role. Going out for happy hour drinks, be back later.

Absolutely no involvement in town's plan. I can understand this for the number picking stuff (just picking the next free number), but he also doesn't care about what role he gets. It's not a role he chose, it an "assigned" role, like he himself call it.


2. He got his number ninja'd by VA, but he doesn't care about it
Here is his reaction:
On January 20 2016 09:40 AlotSomuch wrote:
I don't really mind being assigned a role. Apparently Vayne thought I was scummy and knocked me down from number 11 to 16...so...well done Vayne?

Then nothing. No trying to know why VA did it, no trying to see if VA is scum targetting an easy target, or if he's town targetting his scumread.

3. Excuses. Scum love them excuses.
On January 20 2016 03:05 AlotSomuch wrote:
I have arrived. Skimmed through everything, tried to take note of non-mechanics discussion and failed for the most part, so no reads at this point, especially considering I know like none of you. Such is life. I put in for number 7 last night when I got my PM, which I think someone said they Might be going for but could go for a different one?

On January 21 2016 01:02 AlotSomuch wrote:
Let me know what role to pick. I'm at work but have internet access all through the day, just won't be on every minute. I'm not going to be a high volume poster and I have trouble telling alot of you apart right now, as the names just blur together on my readthroughs. I also don't have much experience with multiple mafia teams, especially at such a high ratio, so like someone said, I'm assuming for 1/3 posters is posting with mafia motivation. I admit I don't have much to contribute at this point since I don't have any ideas which people are being difficult for reasons and which are doing it because they are stubborn/really just want to be a certain role.

Just here for role madness fun and to shake off the rust.


4. The famous scum defense
On January 21 2016 12:59 AlotSomuch wrote:
Yes I have not been an active poster, but others have done the same with less content and/or actually been scummy.
[...]
I don't expect a townread on me, but to actually suggest trying to lynch me day1 when I have an investigative role that can be used as directed tonight or later and with there being much shakier people seems odd and suspicious.

I have no comments about the role picking and such, but while I think Kitoman's points about using the extra investigative roles were good, the tone I got off his responses struck me as non-town. Dunno.

WHY AM I BEING SCUMREAD WHEN OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING THE SAME THING
LOOK AT THEM THEY ARE BEING SCUMMY TOO
He doesn't name who he's talking about. Then he says kita might be scum; if kita is scum, it's obviously not for behaving like AlotSomuch.

AlotSoMuch: who are you talking about when you say "others have done the same with less content and/or actually been scummy." ?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:16 GMT
#1574
Btw, to strengthen my case against Kita, I want to point this out. These posts are in ORDER and I left NO posts out from Vivax or Kita:

On January 20 2016 00:58 kitaman27 wrote:
Well based on the pick order, you basically have an idea of what every single player picked by day one. Essentially claiming the numbers reduces the odds of overlap, while mafia knows what each other is picking so they can avoid it already. Like a few games ago, like 6 players chose [9] or something stupid like that. What's the disadvantage Vivax?


On January 20 2016 01:26 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 00:58 kitaman27 wrote:
Well based on the pick order, you basically have an idea of what every single player picked by day one. Essentially claiming the numbers reduces the odds of overlap, while mafia knows what each other is picking so they can avoid it already. Like a few games ago, like 6 players chose [9] or something stupid like that. What's the disadvantage Vivax?


You dont know if its truthful what anyone claims and if it is then mafia can pretty much pick the sweet numbers to at least have 1 of their members pick first, I think.


On January 20 2016 03:36 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 03:15 Palmar wrote:
On January 20 2016 00:55 Vivax wrote:
Picking 1 1, obviously a lie.

Obviously the truth.

Pretty much sums up why this shitty number claiming strat won't do jack.

Vivax is mafia. Not simply because he refuses to cooperate but because he refuses to cooperate AND that is everything he brings to the table.


Vivax was the first person that I picked out as mafia too.

Shows up to complain about something, but doesn't do anything about it.


The point here is:

Vivax posts something Kita sees a reason to reply to. Notice however that in Kita's initial reply he doesn't call Vivax mafia at all. Then Vivax responds with basically nothing and some time passes.

I come to the thread and call Vivax mafia and Kita immediately agrees with me, but using the weird phrasing "Vivax was the first person that I picked out as mafia too". However Kita had not bothered to mention this scum read until I started talking about it.

And yet, when he explains the Vivax read (he explains it more later), it is for precisely the reasons that I called Vivax mafia.

Now Kita thinks I'm mafia, so I guess there also exists a scenario where he thinks Vivax and I are both mafia from different families, that is, if he hasn't forgotten about his vivax scumread.

But Kita did two extremely scummy things here:

a) Fail to mention a scumread, yet claim to have already had it, this is despite actually interacting with his scumread.

b) Call me mafia, when his claimed thought process for scumreading Vivax was EXACTLY, like LITERALLY EXACTLY the same as mine, which means he should be thinking that I'm reaching these conclusions naturally.
Computer says mafia
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 21 2016 13:17 GMT
#1575
Yeah, he has not a single post I like. + I remember really disliking this one:
On January 20 2016 00:55 Vivax wrote:
Picking 1 1, obviously a lie.

Obviously the truth.

Pretty much sums up why this shitty number claiming strat won't do jack.

Where he basically started to being all pissy and angry, when stuff started to get organized.

Happy to put my vote on him.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 21 2016 13:17 GMT
#1576
Vote Count - Day 1


GlowingBear (1): ObiWanShinobi
kitaman27 (1): Palmar
VayneAuthority (1): Koshi
Cephiro (0): Koshi

Not Voting (19): disformation, kitaman27, Rels, Onegu, Keirathi, GlowingBear, Damdred, Tictock, Breshke, ALotSoMuch, Superbia, VayneAuthority, The Shining, Fecalfeast, sicklucker, Cephiro, geript, Vivax, Copcake

At this time, no one is slated to be lynched.
With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.


Day 1 ends in on 00:00 GMT (+00:00).

The voting thread is here.
Only votes there will be counted.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:19 GMT
#1577
If it isn't clear:

I don't believe Kita had the scumread on Vivax until I pointed it out, because it's so simple that he would have mentioned it. I think he just tried to revise history with his "vivax was one of the first I picked out as mafia" line of posting in order to make himself look good.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:20 GMT
#1578
I am a beautiful butterfly!
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 21 2016 13:21 GMT
#1579
Palmar, kita is never mafia with the amount of organizing he's done (tier list + completing your plan). And if he is, he's getting killed anyway.
Will read Vivax filter then see what you wrote.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 13:22 GMT
#1580
On January 21 2016 22:21 Rels wrote:
Palmar, kita is never mafia with the amount of organizing he's done (tier list + completing your plan). And if he is, he's getting killed anyway.
Will read Vivax filter then see what you wrote.

Hello Rels

You are wrong.

In addition to what I said, there is no way he thinks I'm mafia based on the bullshit case he posted last night. There is literally no way I believe Kita believes his own case.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O81
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 267
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason86
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 864
Shuttle 530
Zeus 92
ZZZero.O 81
soO 43
Hyun 43
scan(afreeca) 29
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5352
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3677
Liquid`Hasu588
Other Games
summit1g1240
FrodaN1085
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
ToD170
Livibee166
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• 3DClanTV 69
• Adnapsc2 17
• Hupsaiya 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 17
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2236
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 24m
Patches Events
19h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 24m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.