• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:58
CEST 02:58
KST 09:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8941 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 77

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 288 Next
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 21 2016 05:00 GMT
#1521
He said he liked what he got, but not what it was.
I can take that responsibility.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 05:01 GMT
#1522
On January 21 2016 13:54 The Shining wrote:
Phone posting. Kei I'll reply to you once I get home.

I just double checked outlaw, tt is right. He apologized for the throw, said he failed hard but he didn't say he would tryhard next game. I guess I took the apology to imply that.

GB have you ever rolled back to back scum games? Because I'm not toot familiar with your scum meta but I could see you being less invested in rolling scum in back to back large games. I also am not sure you've ever been so obvious about asking questions about the op. It's one of the only things you've done.


I don't know what rolling back to back means :/
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 05:03 GMT
#1523
On January 21 2016 13:47 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 13:27 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh so I'm being scum read because I am apathetic?

That's weird, I don't remember being apathetic as scum


I do!


Can you point out a single game where I have been useless day1 as scum?
I'm adorable.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 05:04 GMT
#1524
On January 21 2016 14:01 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 13:54 The Shining wrote:
Phone posting. Kei I'll reply to you once I get home.

I just double checked outlaw, tt is right. He apologized for the throw, said he failed hard but he didn't say he would tryhard next game. I guess I took the apology to imply that.

GB have you ever rolled back to back scum games? Because I'm not toot familiar with your scum meta but I could see you being less invested in rolling scum in back to back large games. I also am not sure you've ever been so obvious about asking questions about the op. It's one of the only things you've done.


I don't know what rolling back to back means :/


Having 2 games, one after the other, where you were scum.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 05:09 GMT
#1525
On January 21 2016 14:04 The Shining wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 14:01 GlowingBear wrote:
On January 21 2016 13:54 The Shining wrote:
Phone posting. Kei I'll reply to you once I get home.

I just double checked outlaw, tt is right. He apologized for the throw, said he failed hard but he didn't say he would tryhard next game. I guess I took the apology to imply that.

GB have you ever rolled back to back scum games? Because I'm not toot familiar with your scum meta but I could see you being less invested in rolling scum in back to back large games. I also am not sure you've ever been so obvious about asking questions about the op. It's one of the only things you've done.


I don't know what rolling back to back means :/


Having 2 games, one after the other, where you were scum.


I don't remember that happening. I think when I've played Game of Thrones Mafia? I'm not sure
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 05:14 GMT
#1526
Ok it seems I'm right, I saw it untie database

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/482863-game-of-thrones-mini-mafia?user=GlowingBear
I'm adorable.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 05:21 GMT
#1527
On January 21 2016 13:12 Keirathi wrote:
@Shining: Ooh, thanks. A few follow up questions if you're sticking around for a bit -

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
The SL read was based heavily on me being annoyed and upset at him suggesting me as a plynch when he knows from past games that I have little to no activity on Monday Tuesday, plus calling me useless when I'm far from the worst town player on TL. I also have a 95% town roll rate so plynching me at any point is going to flip me town 9.5 out of 10 times. But I admit that it was a bit omgus and decided to leave it at that for now. Since then, he's made a few posts about wanting town to work together and there's a slight town feel from some of them so I'm off of him.

As for sheeping Palmars list, I just said it didn't look bad outside of kita and ceph because none of the people on that list scream town to me. And I don't necessarily believe the list in that order, either.


Fair enough.

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
You - no one bumped you from 1,1 which I expected scum would do if you're a good town player unless you're actually scum. And although I liked your catch on Palmar re: agreeing with Damdreds list that had you as top town, I found it weird that you scummed Damdred afterwards. Like if he's scum, why would Palmar agreeing with his list matter unless they're scum together?


Even if I'm scum, the other scum team wouldn't know that. So why wouldn't they try to bump me off of [1,1]? And if I'm town (and a good town, at that), then if someone does bump me off of first pick, then they would have to put up with extra scrutiny from me, yes? I mean, the draft order is public and everyone was claiming their numbers. It would be trivial to figure out who bumped me down.

The point of the Palmar thing didn't have anything to do with Damdred at all. It had everything to do with how Palmar's read suddenly changed because I got [1,1] and THEN he decided to read my filter and decide I was scum. He could have done that before the draft phase ended and countered my [1,1] pick but didn't.

And anyways, they could be on different teams. Or I could be wrong. Or whatever. I'm not sure how disliking Damdred in general is a conflict with not liking Palmars read switch?

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
Disfo - this is probably the weakest one but checking his filter the first half were just pregame questions and the second half was a ton of setup talk. He has more than one post saying he's catching up and asking for direction(any hot topics to discuss?) The things I did like from him was his willingness to discuss and claim his role and his wanting to cooperate. He also dropped a preliminary reads list which didn't look particularly scummy. I'm pretty waffly on this one.


I can tell you why I have him down as tentative town.

First, this post -
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 09:30 disformation wrote:
On January 19 2016 09:27 Superbia wrote:
I already have this game 10% solved.

Does that mean you have the alignment of 2.2 ppl figured out or that you have found 0.8 scum?


That kind of jokey/lighthearted response just immediately 'feels' townie. Weak +town points.

But the big thing is that a lot of his setup talk was about getting town protective/investigative roles. And he took Watson, which is a pretty pro-town role.

Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
TT - I didn't like his "I probably won't put much effort into this one" post because it just feels like a reason to afk or not care later. And the last time he did that, he got lynched as blue and said he wouldn't do it again so I'm not sure why he's choosing to do it here. I also didn't like his reasoning for blocking Disfo. I have them both as possible scum, but they could very well be different teams. He also had a change in tone from "I won't put much effort into this one" to "I'll probably be invested d1-d2." I don't see how that's townie.


If he's mafia, would he actually come out and SAY he wasn't going to much effort in?

[I don't know TT and haven't read any of his games. I dunno what his personality is like or anything]


The bumping you down thing actually makes a lot of sense when you put it like that. What you're saying is whether you were town or scum, someone bumping you down would make them suspect and possibly scummy to you, right? But it's NAI because there are two scumteams. You could be town and bumped by a scumteam, or scum bumped by the opposing scumteam. And in both cases, it would bring a possible scum open to scrutiny. It doesn't make you scum or town because the safest scumplay, regardless of your alignment, is to just leave you there. It just felt weird that someone like you had a few people TRing you at the time was allowed to keep the 1,1 and I was trying to find a reason for that.

For the next one, I'll have to go re-read Palmar and check how that happened but I will say if you're right, it looks kind of bad. But considering Palmar was 5th in pick order, and no one showed any intention of bumping him, it could make sense from either alignment that he wouldn't counter your 1,1 and drop himself lower down the list. And the conflict with the Damred read and Palmar's switch was that you scummed Damdred after making the Palmar point. I can't really explain it but mentioning Damdred and his list at that moment felt like you would've pointed out what you thought was scummy about Damdred right then, as well, if you were scumreading him instead of waiting until after and making a separate "lets talk about Damdred" post.

I can understand where you're coming from with Disfo but I don't feel that it's enough to town him, probably because i've played with him before. I remember emoticons and joking around from him in Dark Tournament, where he was scum. But the point about him discussing protective and investigative roles does make him look better. And his insta-claim of one of the sanity checks(I think it was Holmes) doesn't seem like there was any thought behind it, just "I have this info, I'm going to share it with town." That's why I'm waffly.

RE: TT Ehhh I'm not really sure but he HAS come out and said he's not going to put much effort into games before as town so it could be trying to replicate past town games. But it's a super weak meta point at best, and paranoia at worst.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 05:24 GMT
#1528
On January 21 2016 14:14 GlowingBear wrote:
Ok it seems I'm right, I saw it untie database

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/482863-game-of-thrones-mini-mafia?user=GlowingBear


I just checked the database, it also happened here:

[M][T] Mission Mini Mafia Mafia Mission Mafia Survived Day 5
[N] TL Mafia LXVIII: Fanfic Crossover Edition Mafia Roleblocker Survived Day 3

And GoT was the 2nd of these two back to backs:

[M][N] Mafia Mini Mafia2: another miniature game of mafia Mafia Vanilla Lynched Day 2
[M][N] Game of Thrones Mini Mafia Mafia Godfather Lynched Day 3

You get a bonus point for ante'ing up some of this info, though. I'm gonna skim the filters of those 2nd games and see how many fucks you give(or don't give) on D1.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 21 2016 05:52 GMT
#1529
On January 21 2016 14:21 The Shining wrote:
For the next one, I'll have to go re-read Palmar and check how that happened but I will say if you're right, it looks kind of bad. But considering Palmar was 5th in pick order, and no one showed any intention of bumping him, it could make sense from either alignment that he wouldn't counter your 1,1 and drop himself lower down the list. And the conflict with the Damred read and Palmar's switch was that you scummed Damdred after making the Palmar point. I can't really explain it but mentioning Damdred and his list at that moment felt like you would've pointed out what you thought was scummy about Damdred right then, as well, if you were scumreading him instead of waiting until after and making a separate "lets talk about Damdred" post.


To clarify, I don't particularly think Palmar is scum. There are a few things (like this one) that keep me from saying he's like 100% town or anything, but for now it's reasonably likely that he's town. If he's not, it should be easy enough to deduce later.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 21 2016 07:44 GMT
#1530
Looking at meta I'm 90%ish that Shining is town.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 21 2016 07:56 GMT
#1531
And I think I might be wrong about Breshke. In looking at my notes and reviewing his filter, he's not really hitting the marks I thought he was.

I'm with Kita I think Palmar's not town. Like he's posting a lot which he can do as any alignment. But between who he's not reading town and the mix of parts of his plan not making sense and the plan not really being used as a method to scumhunt. It's just not sitting right with me.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 08:33 GMT
#1532
Morning, I'm less mad than yesterday.

Thankfully the planning phase is now over. This is a note to future Palmar so I can quote it in other games.

Dear Palmar.

Never, ever, again try to organize and plan TL Mafia towns. It will cause you unbearable pain and you will gain very little from it.


So now, all I have to do is post who I think is mafia and who isn't.
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 21 2016 08:42 GMT
#1533
kitaman his plan is way better than Palmar his plan. I am not sure if Palmar is mafia. I would not lynch him today for sure. Maybe he is just less smart?
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 08:56 GMT
#1534
I just read disformation's filter and I have little idea what his alignment is.

Some times he sounds a bit fake tonally, but he did pick a sweet role for town, and he is actually putting in management work through getting the role list nailed down so meh.

I liked his "trust issues" comment on me, and I didn't mind his early townread on TT.

Then he had some tonally weird things like the lemon-tree comment about TT in his list, which unless that's some kind of an inside joke, it feels like a very weird thing to call people.

I think the conclusion is I have no real interest in lynching him today. I want more hard reads from him though. If his filter had a few decently constructed reads in it I'd feel a lot more comfortable. I think he'd be a pretty good check.

Also his reaction to the scumreads was maybe a bit over the top. Not sure if it's genuine to care so much about a few shitty "maybe scum" reads. Unless he thinks he has played townie enough to warrant a universal townread or something.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 08:57 GMT
#1535
That's a long-winded way of saying he's a null.
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 21 2016 09:01 GMT
#1536
##Vote: Cephiro

unless he took the flowerdreamer role. Or w.e that role is called. I already forgot. I hope somebody an redirect me to him claiming that role after the night and hopefully somebody else can confirm.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 09:10 GMT
#1537
he said he took it koshi pls
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 09:11 GMT
#1538
I'm trying to read Kita's filter, but I have the most mafia-tinted glasses possible. Like everything he says sounds like mafia.

I think I'm going insane.
Computer says mafia
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 21 2016 09:14 GMT
#1539
But I have no scumreads except for Cephiro.
I had a good night of sleep.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 21 2016 09:20 GMT
#1540
On January 21 2016 18:14 Koshi wrote:
But I have no scumreads except for Cephiro.

Kita is the hard one
Vivax is the easy one
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings89
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE175
SpeCial 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever581
NeuroSwarm180
League of Legends
Doublelift4735
Counter-Strike
taco 287
Other Games
summit1g7126
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0331
ToD102
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP79
• poizon28 35
• davetesta23
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra785
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 2m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.