• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:45
CEST 02:45
KST 09:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9588 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 288 Next
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 21 2016 02:33 GMT
#1501
So take a look at what Palmar said about why he thinks I'm scum. Do you still disagree with him? Why or why not? Do you think his reasoning makes HIM scum?

You're not giving us anything to work with here :\
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 02:40 GMT
#1502
I love how I ask Cephiro to do a thing and he leaves.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired.
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
January 21 2016 02:51 GMT
#1503
I already said is strange someone would think you are scum because you pretty much cleared the whole cake/glowingbear didnt pick one must be lying!


I mean, GB can still be mafia but you just cleared and is a fact that someone else lied with the numbers thing with the picking order, so like he didnt lie he didnt pick like me.

Get it?

Everyone was going and was sure GB was mafia but you did the most townie thing of all, I don't get why someone would think YOU are mafia.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 03:39 GMT
#1504
On January 21 2016 11:17 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 08:25 The Shining wrote:
On January 21 2016 08:21 Palmar wrote:
Palmar's list of mafia people that sound like mafia all the time:

Kitaman
Cephiro
Keirathi
Vivax
Glowingbear

Then there's some meh people that might be mafia too:

Onegu
disformation
ticktock
Alotsomuch

That's 9 people, there's probably some mafia in there.

wow such reads.


Outside of kita and Ceph(your interaction with him gave me town v town vibes), this actually doesn't look bad.

Why kita? I know you had some disagreement over the role assignments but he's arguably doing the most work with it besides you.

Yo Shining.

Literally the only person you've mentioned having a scumread on up until this point was SL. Everything else was just setup speculation stuff. Now 7 out of those 9 people are are in your scum reads list from out of nowhere. Give some reasoning?


The SL read was based heavily on me being annoyed and upset at him suggesting me as a plynch when he knows from past games that I have little to no activity on Monday Tuesday, plus calling me useless when I'm far from the worst town player on TL. I also have a 95% town roll rate so plynching me at any point is going to flip me town 9.5 out of 10 times. But I admit that it was a bit omgus and decided to leave it at that for now. Since then, he's made a few posts about wanting town to work together and there's a slight town feel from some of them so I'm off of him.

As for sheeping Palmars list, I just said it didn't look bad outside of kita and ceph because none of the people on that list scream town to me. And I don't necessarily believe the list in that order, either.

You - no one bumped you from 1,1 which I expected scum would do if you're a good town player unless you're actually scum. And although I liked your catch on Palmar re: agreeing with Damdreds list that had you as top town, I found it weird that you scummed Damdred afterwards. Like if he's scum, why would Palmar agreeing with his list matter unless they're scum together?

Vivax - he isn't cooperating with anyone and OMGUSd kita and Palmar, which just looked really weird. He also did some complaining about the setup and said its just a matter of which scum team wins so why even sign up? He seems pretty bitter for absolutely no reason. There's also literally no clue to what role he picked, which could mean he took a Mafia favored role.

GB - so apathetic and clueless to pretty much everything going on in the game which just feels really off. Most if not all of the answers to his questions are in the OP, which he either didn't read or wants to make us think he didn't read. I can't see any towniness in any of those posts.

Onegu - he's just a big question mark but his wanting to defy everyone and bring someone down with him felt weird. I am probably also a little biased becuz the last time he posted something that wasn't text(that pic), he was scum. And he's tried to appeal to Palmar more than once about carrying him as scum last game and asking what the problem is, as if he's trying to buddy him or win him over.

Disfo - this is probably the weakest one but checking his filter the first half were just pregame questions and the second half was a ton of setup talk. He has more than one post saying he's catching up and asking for direction(any hot topics to discuss?) The things I did like from him was his willingness to discuss and claim his role and his wanting to cooperate. He also dropped a preliminary reads list which didn't look particularly scummy. I'm pretty waffly on this one.

TT - I didn't like his "I probably won't put much effort into this one" post because it just feels like a reason to afk or not care later. And the last time he did that, he got lynched as blue and said he wouldn't do it again so I'm not sure why he's choosing to do it here. I also didn't like his reasoning for blocking Disfo. I have them both as possible scum, but they could very well be different teams. He also had a change in tone from "I won't put much effort into this one" to "I'll probably be invested d1-d2." I don't see how that's townie.

Alotsomuch - no reads or really much of anything. Got directed into a role, claimed he got it and fucked off again. I didn't even realize Alot was playing until I saw this list, which was a red flag.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
AlotSomuch
Profile Joined January 2016
95 Posts
January 21 2016 03:45 GMT
#1505
Hi
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 21 2016 03:50 GMT
#1506
hi alot do you have a read in this game
AlotSomuch
Profile Joined January 2016
95 Posts
January 21 2016 03:55 GMT
#1507
Hmmmmmmmmmm
AlotSomuch
Profile Joined January 2016
95 Posts
January 21 2016 03:59 GMT
#1508
People actively seeking my lynch today are suspicious to me of course. Yes I have not been an active poster, but others have done the same with less content and/or actually been scummy. I just haven't had much to say to you strangers. I don't expect a townread on me, but to actually suggest trying to lynch me day1 when I have an investigative role that can be used as directed tonight or later and with there being much shakier people seems odd and suspicious.

I have no comments about the role picking and such, but while I think Kitoman's points about using the extra investigative roles were good, the tone I got off his responses struck me as non-town. Dunno.

Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 21 2016 04:12 GMT
#1509
@Shining: Ooh, thanks. A few follow up questions if you're sticking around for a bit -

On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
The SL read was based heavily on me being annoyed and upset at him suggesting me as a plynch when he knows from past games that I have little to no activity on Monday Tuesday, plus calling me useless when I'm far from the worst town player on TL. I also have a 95% town roll rate so plynching me at any point is going to flip me town 9.5 out of 10 times. But I admit that it was a bit omgus and decided to leave it at that for now. Since then, he's made a few posts about wanting town to work together and there's a slight town feel from some of them so I'm off of him.

As for sheeping Palmars list, I just said it didn't look bad outside of kita and ceph because none of the people on that list scream town to me. And I don't necessarily believe the list in that order, either.


Fair enough.

On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
You - no one bumped you from 1,1 which I expected scum would do if you're a good town player unless you're actually scum. And although I liked your catch on Palmar re: agreeing with Damdreds list that had you as top town, I found it weird that you scummed Damdred afterwards. Like if he's scum, why would Palmar agreeing with his list matter unless they're scum together?


Even if I'm scum, the other scum team wouldn't know that. So why wouldn't they try to bump me off of [1,1]? And if I'm town (and a good town, at that), then if someone does bump me off of first pick, then they would have to put up with extra scrutiny from me, yes? I mean, the draft order is public and everyone was claiming their numbers. It would be trivial to figure out who bumped me down.

The point of the Palmar thing didn't have anything to do with Damdred at all. It had everything to do with how Palmar's read suddenly changed because I got [1,1] and THEN he decided to read my filter and decide I was scum. He could have done that before the draft phase ended and countered my [1,1] pick but didn't.

And anyways, they could be on different teams. Or I could be wrong. Or whatever. I'm not sure how disliking Damdred in general is a conflict with not liking Palmars read switch?

On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
Disfo - this is probably the weakest one but checking his filter the first half were just pregame questions and the second half was a ton of setup talk. He has more than one post saying he's catching up and asking for direction(any hot topics to discuss?) The things I did like from him was his willingness to discuss and claim his role and his wanting to cooperate. He also dropped a preliminary reads list which didn't look particularly scummy. I'm pretty waffly on this one.


I can tell you why I have him down as tentative town.

First, this post -
On January 19 2016 09:30 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 09:27 Superbia wrote:
I already have this game 10% solved.

Does that mean you have the alignment of 2.2 ppl figured out or that you have found 0.8 scum?


That kind of jokey/lighthearted response just immediately 'feels' townie. Weak +town points.

But the big thing is that a lot of his setup talk was about getting town protective/investigative roles. And he took Watson, which is a pretty pro-town role.

On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:
TT - I didn't like his "I probably won't put much effort into this one" post because it just feels like a reason to afk or not care later. And the last time he did that, he got lynched as blue and said he wouldn't do it again so I'm not sure why he's choosing to do it here. I also didn't like his reasoning for blocking Disfo. I have them both as possible scum, but they could very well be different teams. He also had a change in tone from "I won't put much effort into this one" to "I'll probably be invested d1-d2." I don't see how that's townie.


If he's mafia, would he actually come out and SAY he wasn't going to much effort in?

[I don't know TT and haven't read any of his games. I dunno what his personality is like or anything]
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 21 2016 04:25 GMT
#1510
On January 21 2016 12:39 The Shining wrote:

TT - I didn't like his "I probably won't put much effort into this one" post because it just feels like a reason to afk or not care later. And the last time he did that, he got lynched as blue and said he wouldn't do it again so I'm not sure why he's choosing to do it here. I also didn't like his reasoning for blocking Disfo. I have them both as possible scum, but they could very well be different teams. He also had a change in tone from "I won't put much effort into this one" to "I'll probably be invested d1-d2." I don't see how that's townie.


The bolded is pure Lies and Slander.

Besides in this game i kinda feel like town starts out more fucked and the game is a little more about the 4v4 scumteam.

Hell tbh I'm not even sure I trust my reads very much since Scum can do pretty legit town-looking plays looking for the opposing scumteam.

Besides I think it's shit to judge me by how much effort I claim I'm gunna put into games. I usually play and post a fair bit as either alignment.
I can take that responsibility.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 04:27 GMT
#1511
Oh so I'm being scum read because I am apathetic?

That's weird, I don't remember being apathetic as scum
I'm adorable.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
January 21 2016 04:34 GMT
#1512
TT/GB:

So if you're not mafia, who is? If you can't even come up with someone that is scummy, how do you expect people to think you're town? How to you expect to not get lynched?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 21 2016 04:36 GMT
#1513
Thats true GB, but you have to admit there's apathetic and forced dumbtells (asking questions about stuff in OP).

Speaking of dumbtells I don't really like SL making a big deal about his missed PM. Though my gut is leaning town on him kus of how upset he was that his "sweet spot" number didn't work out.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 21 2016 04:43 GMT
#1514
On January 21 2016 13:34 Keirathi wrote:
TT/GB:

So if you're not mafia, who is? If you can't even come up with someone that is scummy, how do you expect people to think you're town? How to you expect to not get lynched?


History has taught me to kinda just expect this since I'm an odd guy.

I'm also tempted to focus a touch more on my town reads, which atm is something like.

Koshi
Superbia
Rels*
The Shining
Damdred*
Keir*
Palmar*
Sicklucker*
FF - Shoehorned in for good behavior

Obi (? Idk why I'm leaning town on him tbh)

*I plan to reread filters

and I may be forgetting one or two people.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 21 2016 04:45 GMT
#1515
I can try to expand on any of those if people like, I'm prob awake for a little bit longer.
I can take that responsibility.
ObiWanShinobi
Profile Joined April 2014
United States8089 Posts
January 21 2016 04:47 GMT
#1516
On January 21 2016 13:27 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh so I'm being scum read because I am apathetic?

That's weird, I don't remember being apathetic as scum


I do!
Retired.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 04:54 GMT
#1517
Phone posting. Kei I'll reply to you once I get home.

I just double checked outlaw, tt is right. He apologized for the throw, said he failed hard but he didn't say he would tryhard next game. I guess I took the apology to imply that.

GB have you ever rolled back to back scum games? Because I'm not toot familiar with your scum meta but I could see you being less invested in rolling scum in back to back large games. I also am not sure you've ever been so obvious about asking questions about the op. It's one of the only things you've done.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 04:54 GMT
#1518
On January 21 2016 13:34 Keirathi wrote:
TT/GB:

So if you're not mafia, who is? If you can't even come up with someone that is scummy, how do you expect people to think you're town? How to you expect to not get lynched?



I'm not reading the thread since I'm working like hell and this will be my busiest week. Sometimes I come to the thread and skim stuff. One of these stuffs was SL's bad suspicion on me and his fake dumb tell. And I also remember me suspecting you of talking to me like you knew I'm town, but I knew this was weak so I kept it to myself

I don't expect to be called town when I am inactive. But I also don't expect to be called mafja for it either.
I'm adorable.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 21 2016 04:55 GMT
#1519
On January 21 2016 13:47 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 13:27 GlowingBear wrote:
Oh so I'm being scum read because I am apathetic?

That's weird, I don't remember being apathetic as scum


I do!


Do tell
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 21 2016 04:59 GMT
#1520
On January 21 2016 13:36 Tictock wrote:
Thats true GB, but you have to admit there's apathetic and forced dumbtells (asking questions about stuff in OP).

Speaking of dumbtells I don't really like SL making a big deal about his missed PM. Though my gut is leaning town on him kus of how upset he was that his "sweet spot" number didn't work out.


I didn't read the OP closely and I was busy so I was just desperate to have the answer instead of having to go to the OP and looking for it. I didn't send the numbers to the pick order because I was busy and I completely forgot. I've asked about how do I choose roles because I didn't really know. Palmar helped and I chose one of that list he made.

Btw did SL claim picking a role?
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings97
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE169
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
NaDa 25
Bale 23
Dota 2
monkeys_forever530
canceldota164
NeuroSwarm162
League of Legends
Doublelift4301
Counter-Strike
taco 203
Other Games
summit1g7006
JimRising 469
C9.Mang0354
ToD73
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 108
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP72
• poizon28 39
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra917
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.