• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:56
CEST 19:56
KST 02:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11930 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 288 Next
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
January 20 2016 20:30 GMT
#1161
On January 21 2016 05:29 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:27 Fecalfeast wrote:
I won't be able to really catch up until i get to work in an hour and a half was there anything I was asked in the 200+ posts I skimmed?


Fecalfeast: Not a strong read in any way, but I actually liked his posting better than a lot of the other people that have been relatively inactive. I want him to take Dr Watson.


you were suggested to take this role. im not sure if no one else said there taking it it would be nice if your read the thread.

On January 21 2016 05:22 Fecalfeast wrote:
aw palmar watson doesn't have a gun



read that one and I'll read it at work
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 20:30 GMT
#1162
On January 21 2016 05:29 Cephiro wrote:
Also Palmar, if I just straight up call you scum nonstop, what do you think will happen?

I'll tell you what. You will refuse to address me even more than you already do, with the excuse of "Lol ceph thinks I'm scum so he is confirmed mafia".

So suck it up and start proving you're town. I won't mind drafting KP to kill you otherwise.

I don't know how to deal with this.

I really, really want you to be mafia because I don't want there to be a world where someone acts like this and is town.

I'm getting mad.

Back to ignore.
Computer says mafia
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:31 GMT
#1163
Im picking a role that is both good for town and one I believe mafia would like as well but might pass on because I want a role. Is that a good strategy?
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 20:34 GMT
#1164
I don't really have a problem with Palmars post. Time travelling vig I'd be okay with, too, although I'm not sure how I'd be expected to prove I shot with town intent. Unless once I have solid TRs, they'd help direct my shot.

Yu Narukami looks fun, too, but probably because I'm a Persona fan. Also with a player like me, who doesn't get lynched or NKd early normally, town would get the most out of Yu.

I'll probably lock in one of those 2. Leaning towards Yu. Thoufhts? I'm a low pick so me not getting it would mean someone higher up took it without claiming it
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 20 2016 20:34 GMT
#1165
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 20:35 GMT
#1166
Alright, I admit I like your stance/approach to killing mafia players via lynching. I suppose vet/doc roles on mafia isn't going to help them much (except from crossfire from other mafia) if the town hasn't drafted much KP either. And I suppose if I go for dreamflower it sort of works in favour of that as well, given that if my shot doesn't go off and I live, we can be certain that a protective role is in mafia hands.

I guess I could really go for dreamflower, the only downside I can see is if I play badly it's less scum dead, +1 townie dead and I won't be around to help town lategame. Would prefer a less gambly-role but I guess I might have to just nail scum on D1 then. Still thinking about whether to go for it or not.

If I don't, what other role would you prefer for me to take?
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:36 GMT
#1167
On January 21 2016 05:34 The Shining wrote:
I don't really have a problem with Palmars post. Time travelling vig I'd be okay with, too, although I'm not sure how I'd be expected to prove I shot with town intent. Unless once I have solid TRs, they'd help direct my shot.

Yu Narukami looks fun, too, but probably because I'm a Persona fan. Also with a player like me, who doesn't get lynched or NKd early normally, town would get the most out of Yu.

I'll probably lock in one of those 2. Leaning towards Yu. Thoufhts? I'm a low pick so me not getting it would mean someone higher up took it without claiming it


The idea is you shoot who town tells you to shot and not who you feel like. So thats how you prove you shoot with town intent
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 20:39 GMT
#1168
On January 21 2016 05:36 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:34 The Shining wrote:
I don't really have a problem with Palmars post. Time travelling vig I'd be okay with, too, although I'm not sure how I'd be expected to prove I shot with town intent. Unless once I have solid TRs, they'd help direct my shot.

Yu Narukami looks fun, too, but probably because I'm a Persona fan. Also with a player like me, who doesn't get lynched or NKd early normally, town would get the most out of Yu.

I'll probably lock in one of those 2. Leaning towards Yu. Thoufhts? I'm a low pick so me not getting it would mean someone higher up took it without claiming it


The idea is you shoot who town tells you to shot and not who you feel like. So thats how you prove you shoot with town intent


Ya that's what I said with my last line there. My TRs helping direct my shot.

So you agree with me time traveling then?
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:40 GMT
#1169
I think it could be in worse hands. ITs not a super strongmafia role but a very pro town one in player whos willing to cooperate. Its a safe pick
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:41 GMT
#1170
Like I want that role off the board by the time its onegus turn to pick for example regardless of his alignment. But im sure hes gonna pick the role with the most kp
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:43 GMT
#1171
damn I cant decide between a two roles. curse you plummer
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 20:45 GMT
#1172
On January 21 2016 05:35 Cephiro wrote:
Alright, I admit I like your stance/approach to killing mafia players via lynching. I suppose vet/doc roles on mafia isn't going to help them much (except from crossfire from other mafia) if the town hasn't drafted much KP either. And I suppose if I go for dreamflower it sort of works in favour of that as well, given that if my shot doesn't go off and I live, we can be certain that a protective role is in mafia hands.

I guess I could really go for dreamflower, the only downside I can see is if I play badly it's less scum dead, +1 townie dead and I won't be around to help town lategame. Would prefer a less gambly-role but I guess I might have to just nail scum on D1 then. Still thinking about whether to go for it or not.

If I don't, what other role would you prefer for me to take?

None, but I promise I'll do my best to help you shoot mafia.

I think, by now, you taking dreamflower is the only way we can be friends again. And I'd actually like to be friends. It will make it pleasant to work with you because I know your own life is on the hook.
Computer says mafia
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 20:48 GMT
#1173
That's probably the best I'll get from someone who I think is town but called me useless.

Alright I'm locking in TT vig. If I don't get it, mc ftw
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 20:53 GMT
#1174
On January 21 2016 05:45 Palmar wrote:
None, but I promise I'll do my best to help you shoot mafia.

I think, by now, you taking dreamflower is the only way we can be friends again. And I'd actually like to be friends. It will make it pleasant to work with you because I know your own life is on the hook.


If I take dreamflower, if you want to have any control over my shot, I want to add a fail-safe for you as well.

Basically, if you point me towards a townie you agree to get shot/lynched in return.

(I believe if we two co-operate and you're truly town as well, we should easily be hitting mafia so this should not be an issue for you.)

So will you prefer for me to take the shots deciding them by myself completely, or be willing to shoot a target of your choice with your life on the line as well?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 20 2016 20:57 GMT
#1175
On January 21 2016 05:53 Cephiro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:45 Palmar wrote:
None, but I promise I'll do my best to help you shoot mafia.

I think, by now, you taking dreamflower is the only way we can be friends again. And I'd actually like to be friends. It will make it pleasant to work with you because I know your own life is on the hook.


If I take dreamflower, if you want to have any control over my shot, I want to add a fail-safe for you as well.

Basically, if you point me towards a townie you agree to get shot/lynched in return.

(I believe if we two co-operate and you're truly town as well, we should easily be hitting mafia so this should not be an issue for you.)

So will you prefer for me to take the shots deciding them by myself completely, or be willing to shoot a target of your choice with your life on the line as well?

Fine
Computer says mafia
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 20 2016 20:57 GMT
#1176
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 20:58 GMT
#1177
Alright, dreamflower it is then. Sending the PM. o/
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 20:58 GMT
#1178
On January 21 2016 05:48 The Shining wrote:
That's probably the best I'll get from someone who I think is town but called me useless.

Alright I'm locking in TT vig. If I don't get it, mc ftw


i sapose being cooperative is not useless =]
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 20 2016 20:59 GMT
#1179
On January 21 2016 05:57 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?


Yeah. What's up?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 20 2016 21:00 GMT
#1180
On January 21 2016 05:59 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:57 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?


Yeah. What's up?

What was my reaction to Breshke wanting to take Watson ?
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1047
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1047
ByuN 438
TKL 369
IndyStarCraft 307
Reynor 170
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51641
Calm 2727
Shuttle 448
actioN 171
firebathero 112
Mini 89
Mong 41
White-Ra 26
scan(afreeca) 18
Aegong 16
[ Show more ]
soO 16
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc11094
Counter-Strike
fl0m6097
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2520
Liquid`Hasu401
MindelVK11
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1991
FrodaN1342
B2W.Neo729
olofmeister516
Khaldor465
KnowMe313
crisheroes182
Livibee178
ToD94
Mew2King80
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick367
BasetradeTV204
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 32
• Adnapsc2 12
• Reevou 8
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach77
• Azhi_Dahaki29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV494
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1662
Other Games
• imaqtpie821
• Shiphtur645
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
1h 4m
OSC
5h 4m
Replay Cast
5h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.