• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:13
CEST 10:13
KST 17:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7541 users

Pick Your Power: Intriguing - Page 60

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 288 Next
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 20 2016 21:03 GMT
#1181
On January 21 2016 06:00 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:59 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:57 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?


Yeah. What's up?

What was my reaction to Breshke wanting to take Watson ?


Uh... I think you didn't like that idea at all first, cause you had a scum read on Breshke.
Then you realized that it would be really easy to figure out if would be lying about the sanities of holmes and mortuary.

Do you still think Breshke is scum?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 20 2016 21:05 GMT
#1182
On January 21 2016 06:03 disformation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 06:00 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:59 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:57 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

On January 20 2016 11:14 Breshke wrote:
So I am suggesting that i should pick Dr. John Watson

I'm happy to pick a protective role which this is and as I am not a high priority NK I will be able to confirm sherlock and moriartys checks.

Discuss


Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?


Yeah. What's up?

What was my reaction to Breshke wanting to take Watson ?


Uh... I think you didn't like that idea at all first, cause you had a scum read on Breshke.
Then you realized that it would be really easy to figure out if would be lying about the sanities of holmes and mortuary.

Do you still think Breshke is scum?

OK good p: checking if you really read the thread
Yep I still think Breshke is scum
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-20 22:10:26
January 20 2016 21:07 GMT
#1183
Reminder, 3 hours remain to send your role choice to both me and half the sky. Once those 2 hours are up Day 1 will begin!
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
disformation
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany8352 Posts
January 20 2016 21:07 GMT
#1184
On January 21 2016 06:05 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 06:03 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 06:00 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:59 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:57 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 05:34 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:35 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:30 disformation wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:23 Rels wrote:
On January 21 2016 04:17 disformation wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

Seems like Watson is already taken. =/

Wait. How did you find out ?


Huh?
As I said here:
On January 21 2016 03:51 disformation wrote:
Hmm... would actually be really glad to take Watson instead of the traditional doctor. Saves me the trouble of figuring out if I am paranoid/weak/normal.

Can I can I can I? :D

Additionally there is tons of upside if Holmes and Moriarty are in the game and they should be imo.

So I kinda love the idea of being Holmes and was about to submit that pick, when I decided to double check and make sure that no one else wanted to be watson. You know since I kinda don't want to end up as mysterious challenger. So I did a Strg+F on Watson and found out Breshke wanted him.


I need you to be around for a question, tell me when you're ready.


sure.

Also trying to catch up but the thread moves faster than I can read.

@Palmar's plan: there are a few points where picks are like contested? Like breshke wanting to pick Watson, which could lead to FF being an ever doper MC.

Still there ?


Yeah. What's up?

What was my reaction to Breshke wanting to take Watson ?


Uh... I think you didn't like that idea at all first, cause you had a scum read on Breshke.
Then you realized that it would be really easy to figure out if would be lying about the sanities of holmes and mortuary.

Do you still think Breshke is scum?

OK good p: checking if you really read the thread
Yep I still think Breshke is scum


Fair enough.
TBH I more like went STRG+F "Watson" on the thread, as implied earlier. Good thing you asked me about Watson related stuff then. xD

Probably need to take a look at Breshke's filter. He is one of the guys I don't really remember so far.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 21:10 GMT
#1185
Improvements to Palmar's Plan

Free for all picks for me, koshi and damdred? lol no, The purpose of your plan is to ensure there is no overlap of town roles. There is a very small pool of remaining roles that aren't already listed, so us "FFA" players are just going to step on each other's toes.

By excluding Nigella, you're eliminating a watcher from the setup. A watcher is probably the STRONGEST ROLE in the game. By allowing damdred to watch House and Holmes mafia can't touch them without a trade.

I am picking Dr. Sy N. Tist
Koshi should pick Werner Von Braun
Damdred should pick Nigella Lawson

Simple as that. If Koshi or Damdred wants to trade, then it would be fine by me.




You can't have a mayoral election on day one because the night action needs to go through first. If a player comes out town to a d1 investigative check, then I think we should give them the mayor and bodyguard role. If Holmes or one of the other super powerful roles looks really townie by day two then they should also be considered.

I'd prefer Vivax as the City Councilman and Onegu as the jailkeeper. Whoever said it earlier was right, you give the scummiest player the bodyguard role. If Onegu was indeed the scummiest player in the game, then that's fine, but simply being difficult to read doesn't warrant having him be the guy that takes the hit. Scummy player > unknown player when it comes to taking a hit.





We can't go into day one with players who openly refuse to go along with the plan. We have to work around their requests and deal with the consequences later on. Keir is taking House so Obi needs to be assigned a new role. If Keir is mafia then that's a bummer, but a mafia with a investigative role can only last so long. We take his checks at face value and evaluate them from there. Keir's reaction to the plan by totally ignoring it and going solo makes me change my mind on him. I'm scum reading him now, which is kinda annoying that he has the first pick, but it is what it is.

If anyone doesn't share their intentions to oppose the plan and then denies another player from a role they should be policy lynched. Speak now or forever hold your peace.

The Shining wants Yu, so we can give the time travelling vig to obi to fill things out. God help us all.




By kei swapping to House we need a fill in for the Gambler.

On January 20 2016 23:51 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2016 23:46 Superbia wrote:
On January 20 2016 22:09 Superbia wrote:
Yo real quick before I get back to work:

Gambler is the most hilarious badass role ever that we need to have in the game. Here's the plan:

1. Give gambler to some midling town-lean like kita/obi or maybe keir.
2. We pick a list of 2-3 possible mafia/lurk/bad-town that are not primary lynch candidates for d1 (like Vivax/Alot/Breshke or something, lots to pick from tbh).
2.5) Gambler RNGs a target within this list.
3. We will force these 2 or 3 to vote outside of the primary wagons.
4. The entire list is forced to either: a) Play good town (if they're town) or b) Bus their partners (if they're mafia) due to how the role works (if they vote for mafia they live and we know who was mafia after gambler claims their target, or they die).



This seems solid. For number three, I think it is important that we tell them exactly who to pick. If we leave it up to them then they can pick a townie of their choice to kill and try to justify it. Since those 2-3 players don't know if they were actually targeted, they can't move their vote off a mafia at end of day if they know they're caught.

Another option we have is to force the strongest scum suspect to be the gambler. If town feels that the gambler is still mafia by the end of day one, we force the gambler target to vote for the gambler, killing them both. Otherwise, we pick the target for the gambler voter. If either player refuses to follow through, we policy lynch since the final vote count will show the +0 and +2. I think I kinda like my version better. Thoughts?


I shared my thoughts earlier with supersoft on how I think this should be optimally used.

Lets give AlotsoMuch the gambler and then decide whether or not we should use it to kill him or just have him alignment check a player of our choice on day two.

GlowingBear should pick up the kitaman27 role that we can be used in situations where a player becomes mysterious challenger. Say someone in the 15th spot gets their role stolen. It's going to be really hard to narrow that down, but GB can then simply identify that player right away which forces mafia to stay honest. Flowey is a bit too meh for my liking.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 21:12 GMT
#1186
Shining was happy taking the shitty vig
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 20 2016 21:15 GMT
#1187
obi can take the gambler
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 20 2016 21:17 GMT
#1188
I dunno if I really want obi as the gambler though since it would kinda negate our ability to send the gambler a kp if we feel he is scummy. As mafia, obi tends to show up in the thread asking things like "anyone have questions for me" or trying to pretend he is helpful so I'm slightly town leaning him right now.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 21:21 GMT
#1189
It's not shitty if I bang back to back scum by like N4 Lmao

But that would mean assigning Obi Yu Narukami. Honestly I like Yu but the role does a lot, I'm afraid I'd Fuck it up
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 21:21 GMT
#1190
I very much support kita's post.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 20 2016 21:22 GMT
#1191
On January 21 2016 05:48 The Shining wrote:
That's probably the best I'll get from someone who I think is town but called me useless.

Alright I'm locking in TT vig. If I don't get it, mc ftw


I'm not sure I follow what you mean by this.

Am I gunna get shot?
I can take that responsibility.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 21:24 GMT
#1192
On January 21 2016 06:22 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:48 The Shining wrote:
That's probably the best I'll get from someone who I think is town but called me useless.

Alright I'm locking in TT vig. If I don't get it, mc ftw


I'm not sure I follow what you mean by this.

Am I gunna get shot?


Lol how would you get shot before roles are out?

TT vig = time travelling vigilante
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 21:25 GMT
#1193
On January 21 2016 06:22 Tictock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2016 05:48 The Shining wrote:
That's probably the best I'll get from someone who I think is town but called me useless.

Alright I'm locking in TT vig. If I don't get it, mc ftw


I'm not sure I follow what you mean by this.

Am I gunna get shot?


Yep, roleclaim or die.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 20 2016 21:25 GMT
#1194
Shining bleh.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 20 2016 21:27 GMT
#1195
Well if you were gunna shoot me I'd take Flowery or one of those kinda BS roles.

Tempted to go for Werner.
I can take that responsibility.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 20 2016 21:28 GMT
#1196
Whoops. Disregard my last post.

I could still shoot him if he doesn't claim.

Maybe not, he narrowed down his choices to 4 and one of them is what I chose. Bah.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 20 2016 21:34 GMT
#1197
Well I'm gunna submit the role I'd most like to get, we'll see what ends up happening.
I can take that responsibility.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 20 2016 21:38 GMT
#1198
Ff are you going to follow the plan?

geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 20 2016 21:38 GMT
#1199
I'm taking link per plan. Since gambler/for will be gone
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 20 2016 21:39 GMT
#1200
On January 21 2016 06:34 Tictock wrote:
Well I'm gunna submit the role I'd most like to get, we'll see what ends up happening.

Well. I just resubmitted to pick Werner.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 288 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4541
Leta 2288
BeSt 502
Soulkey 395
Soma 183
Rush 65
ZergMaN 30
Shine 30
Dota 2
XcaliburYe118
League of Legends
JimRising 560
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
summit1g8125
WinterStarcraft724
Sick252
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV200
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2306
League of Legends
• Jankos1011
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 47m
Patches Events
6h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 47m
OSC
14h 47m
OSC
1d 3h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.