• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:52
CEST 23:52
KST 06:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War655.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11756 users

[M][N] Unoriginal Name Mini Mafia - Page 59

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 74 Next
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
January 13 2016 20:10 GMT
#1161
On January 14 2016 04:44 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 04:42 mderg wrote:
Your theory on koshi feels pretty similar to your case against rayn. I think it's pretty unlikely that koshi is scum but with some crazy narrative there's an off chance that he is scum.


Yup.

Do you think town is in a good or bad position right now?

Do you think Koshi's frustration is justified?


I hope you look at his frustration post and see if those points jive with what is really going on.

He scums me pretty hard. Why does he really care if there is an early red check? Oh because the standard answer "you claim redcheck LATE so it doesn't shut down the thread!" So, YOU decide if this thread was shut down. It sure doesn't look like it to me.

He says I literally only towncased a confirmed. You think that's true? Would you be frustrated if a redcheck, and a highly likely scum did weird shit that made him look MORE scummy? What the fuck? Really?

Get my point?
Tubesock
Profile Joined April 2011
United States2726 Posts
January 13 2016 20:13 GMT
#1162
On January 10 2016 01:23 nooniansoong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2016 01:12 Koshi wrote:
Ok only on page 11. I see even more people are voting me. I like it.

One of the things that I will not do 100% this game is call people names or capslock. I'll take the lynch with gratitude. If it happens. I would be surprised. Pleasantly even.


But that's how i know you're town...


People should think about this post.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 13 2016 20:18 GMT
#1163
On January 14 2016 05:13 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2016 01:23 nooniansoong wrote:
On January 10 2016 01:12 Koshi wrote:
Ok only on page 11. I see even more people are voting me. I like it.

One of the things that I will not do 100% this game is call people names or capslock. I'll take the lynch with gratitude. If it happens. I would be surprised. Pleasantly even.


But that's how i know you're town...


People should think about this post.

Can you elaborate on that?
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 20:26 GMT
#1164
Fuck that Tube. You say you'll be "a cloud of confusion" as long as you're alive, but what about players like me? It's far from impossible to clear up that cloud without you being lynched.

You want to lynch kush? Lets fucking go!
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 13 2016 20:29 GMT
#1165
On January 14 2016 03:36 Eden1892 wrote:
I think the "best" lynches are probably in that Vayne/kush duo. Both of them are too experienced at this game to be doing literal nothing. I am selfish and want my pet case on darthfoley to see a lynch though. Plus I don't have time before EOD to make a case worth a shit.

Stopped reading here. Are you serious?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 13 2016 20:32 GMT
#1166
Going to ignore Tubesock till he is dead. So bad. Incredible.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 13 2016 20:34 GMT
#1167
So 2 people think I am mafia over Eden.

That is special. Really special.
I had a good night of sleep.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 21:23 GMT
#1168
My case for Tubesock is straightforward, simple, but still powerful, I believe.

Why does he ever do this work on D2 as caught scum?

The answer is NOT to confuse the town. This town is smart enough to ignore everything he says after the redcheck if he flips scum. We would know it is all WIFOM bullshit and all of his work would be a waste of his own time.

The answer is NOT to save himself. Notice that he not only makes no appeals to setup, when it is known there is a framer and he could plausibly make that appeal -- no, not only does he not do that, he also actively asks town to kill him! And with the votes piling up, you would expect him not to use that tactic, since it's clearly not working.

Unless you submit that he's just trolling the game or bad at mafia (which is VERY weak -- NEVER underestimate your opponent when there is a better explanation), then there is no explanation for his behavior as caught scum.


The explanation on the town side is obvious. He knows he's innocent, but he's no fool. He doesn't believe he can argue his way out of a redcheck, and he knows his team can afford the ML. So, he instead focuses all his energy on productive casework that we can use after he flips green. It's a totally reasonable and savvy town move.


Based on that alone I am more than comfortable town reading him, I am stumping for him and will continue to defend him until the flip or until we lynch someone else.

"He got red checked" is not good enough when a framer is in the format given how much more likely than normal it is that he would be framed, REGARDLESS OF HIS ALIGNMENT! Earlier I posited that it is unlikely that the mafia would NOT frame Tubesock innocent. Who else would they frame? Who else was scum and under fire yesterday?

If your only reason for lynchingthis man is the red check then you MUST reconsider! Think about it! What else has he done that's suspicious?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 13 2016 21:37 GMT
#1169
Vote Count

Tubesock (8): Koshi, VayneAuthority, nooniansoong, GGTeMpLaR, scott31337, mderg, darthfoley, GigyaS
nooniansoong (2): Tubesock, Eden1892
Darthfoley (1): slOosh

Not voted (0):


Currently, Tubesock is being lynched. You have until Wednesday, Jan 13 11:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00), or to lynch someone. Voting is mandatory and done in this thread.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
January 13 2016 21:44 GMT
#1170
So we don't lynch tubesock and let's say we lynch me or darthfoley or kush or w/e and they flip green, and now you by proxy look terrible scummy along with tubesock, eden.

Is that really the state of the game you want? I can't imagine so if you are town, that is a terrible place to leave town in.

It doesnt solve the redcheck and simultaneously spreads the lynch pool to be even more convoluted
I come in for the scraps
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 21:47 GMT
#1171
On January 14 2016 06:44 VayneAuthority wrote:
So we don't lynch tubesock and let's say we lynch me or darthfoley or kush or w/e and they flip green, and now you by proxy look terrible scummy along with tubesock, eden.

Is that really the state of the game you want? I can't imagine so if you are town, that is a terrible place to leave town in.

It doesnt solve the redcheck and simultaneously spreads the lynch pool to be even more convoluted

I don't give a damn how it "looks."

The red check is already solved in my mind. I am town and will be more than capable of proving it all game long. Why would I care about either of these things?

I want not to lynch Tubesock today. Tubesock is going to flip town. I am sure of it. If not lynching him, and lynching one of my suspects, is what happens instead, I will be more than happy with that game state, even if the actual lynch is incorrect.

I don't get the point of this post Vayne. Why would I care how anything looks? I would lynch a suspect and save one of my top town reads from being lynched. That's what matters.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 21:50 GMT
#1172
GGTemplar, mderg, scott, Giygas: Why are you voting for Tubesock? What do you have to say about my town case on Tubesock?


slOosh: Why are you voting for darthfoley? Would you be comfortable voting for another person out of the darth/kush/Vayne pool?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 22:10 GMT
#1173
If nobody answers ^^^ and nothing changes and he flips town I'm 100% going to afk until day 3 and take a break. I can't figure shit out this game, I finally get pretty sure on something and nobody's around to discuss it.
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 13 2016 22:11 GMT
#1174
I had a good night of sleep.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 13 2016 22:15 GMT
#1175
I honestly don't think your town case on him is more convincing than the red check. It basically comes down to him being active and giving reads.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 22:19 GMT
#1176
On January 14 2016 07:15 mderg wrote:
I honestly don't think your town case on him is more convincing than the red check. It basically comes down to him being active and giving reads.

Why would he do that as a caught scum? It's a gigantic waste of his time if he's scum. It's clearly not self-preservation because he keeps telling us to kill him.

Are you telling me you're unconvinced that someone who is active and giving involved reads is town? And that that's a bad town case?

And that with a known framer in the format, a red check is enough to convince you?

Why do you think the mafia didn't frame Tubesock innocent?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 22:21 GMT
#1177
On January 14 2016 07:11 Koshi wrote:

switch to kush ffs
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 13 2016 22:22 GMT
#1178
On January 14 2016 07:21 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 07:11 Koshi wrote:

switch to kush ffs

I had a good night of sleep.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
January 13 2016 22:24 GMT
#1179
On January 14 2016 07:22 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2016 07:21 Eden1892 wrote:
On January 14 2016 07:11 Koshi wrote:

switch to kush ffs


rips one lucky topdeck day 1 and thinks he's the king.

christ, man. where are your reads even at if Tubesock flips town?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
GiygaS
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1043 Posts
January 13 2016 22:25 GMT
#1180
On January 14 2016 06:50 Eden1892 wrote:
GGTemplar, mderg, scott, Giygas: Why are you voting for Tubesock? What do you have to say about my town case on Tubesock?


slOosh: Why are you voting for darthfoley? Would you be comfortable voting for another person out of the darth/kush/Vayne pool?

Because I red checked him after being suspicious of him for a large portion of the game already, and I doubt that farmer targetted him. I honestly haven't done enough work to be comfortable with any other lynch today.
AKA gigyas, gigas, giygas khan, giyga khan, giyga...
Prev 1 57 58 59 60 61 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O138
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14300
Shuttle 375
White-Ra 229
ZZZero.O 159
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm100
League of Legends
Doublelift3514
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4824
Other Games
summit1g9899
Liquid`RaSZi2091
FrodaN2073
fl0m1534
C9.Mang0299
crisheroes294
ToD277
Livibee189
Pyrionflax156
IndyStarCraft 141
Mew2King55
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1066
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 60
• musti20045 36
• Adnapsc2 26
• Sammyuel 8
• HeavenSC 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1421
• Shiphtur665
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 8m
Replay Cast
1h 8m
OSC
14h 8m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 13h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.