• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:45
CEST 20:45
KST 03:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20267Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Biografia
Playlenda
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10175 users

[M][N] Mini Mafia: The (kinda) Vanilla Experience - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 196 Next
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 15:25 GMT
#921
On October 24 2015 00:21 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:14 marvellosity wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:11 Xatalos wrote:
Unfortunately I think a rayn/marv scumteam makes sense.

Because I have difficulties seeing why town marv would defend rayn based on something that never actually happened, in the first moments of the game, and ignoring everything rayn said afterwards.... Even though rayn already has like 7 pages of filter.

i'm not ignoring everything he says afterwards. i liked some of his longer posts.

you're coming at this in a really, really shallow way.

like I can answer your question about rayn's play.

rayn thinks GB could be mafia, but he has nagging meta/tonal reasons that he might be town
rayn thinks you are mafia because of your shit read on him, but he knows he cannot push a lynch through on you at all with me opposing it today
rayn recognises that me and him both agree on Slam, this is a good shot of being mafia and if he hits mafia he gets more cred to go after you.


Do you honestly think he believes I'm scum based on that? I made an extremely similar push last time I was town and he was scum, and he similarly immediately scumread me for the push. It's actually unbelievable how similar his gut reaction is.

And it's very odd how his PoE possibility of Slam being scum suddenly became the best lynch. Even though he's pushed GB for the recent times. And how is PoE even a valid reason for his lynch choice when he has several actual scumreads and overall his reads are nothing consistent? His reads have changed in so many directions that how is Slam still in a similar PoE position? I think he just saw an easy way out of getting lynched today and went for the easy route of sheeping you, even though there's still like 5-6 hours time left.

your push is shityy shit shit, and if you are town you can't read me (which doesn't surprise me at all based on your last game's case).
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 15:26 GMT
#922
I find it really funny that people call themselves good at reading me when there is exactly one person on the planet who can actually read me.
table for two on a tv tray
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
October 23 2015 15:26 GMT
#923
I'll be around later today. I have a meeting at lunch and then I'll be free. Will become more active afterward, assuming I can stand this shitty keyboard I am forced to use because my nice mechanical stopped working D:
Writer@WriterYamato
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:27 GMT
#924
On October 24 2015 00:26 yamato77 wrote:
I'll be around later today. I have a meeting at lunch and then I'll be free. Will become more active afterward, assuming I can stand this shitty keyboard I am forced to use because my nice mechanical stopped working D:

please

hurry

i need you
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 23 2015 15:28 GMT
#925
On October 24 2015 00:22 marvellosity wrote:
GB you are not Onegu.

case against me debunked.

ez game ez life.


Marv here is your logic.

GB is mafia because his read is bad.
Onegu sheeps bad read.
Onegu isn't mafia.

You're saying a bad read is scummy but blindly sheeping a bad read isn't.

Come on.
I'm adorable.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:28 GMT
#926
GB isn't Onegu.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 15:29 GMT
#927
On October 24 2015 00:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:21 Xatalos wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:14 marvellosity wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:11 Xatalos wrote:
Unfortunately I think a rayn/marv scumteam makes sense.

Because I have difficulties seeing why town marv would defend rayn based on something that never actually happened, in the first moments of the game, and ignoring everything rayn said afterwards.... Even though rayn already has like 7 pages of filter.

i'm not ignoring everything he says afterwards. i liked some of his longer posts.

you're coming at this in a really, really shallow way.

like I can answer your question about rayn's play.

rayn thinks GB could be mafia, but he has nagging meta/tonal reasons that he might be town
rayn thinks you are mafia because of your shit read on him, but he knows he cannot push a lynch through on you at all with me opposing it today
rayn recognises that me and him both agree on Slam, this is a good shot of being mafia and if he hits mafia he gets more cred to go after you.


Do you honestly think he believes I'm scum based on that? I made an extremely similar push last time I was town and he was scum, and he similarly immediately scumread me for the push. It's actually unbelievable how similar his gut reaction is.

And it's very odd how his PoE possibility of Slam being scum suddenly became the best lynch. Even though he's pushed GB for the recent times. And how is PoE even a valid reason for his lynch choice when he has several actual scumreads and overall his reads are nothing consistent? His reads have changed in so many directions that how is Slam still in a similar PoE position? I think he just saw an easy way out of getting lynched today and went for the easy route of sheeping you, even though there's still like 5-6 hours time left.

your push is shityy shit shit, and if you are town you can't read me (which doesn't surprise me at all based on your last game's case).


So how am I 100% scum because of this push if it wouldn't surprise you that I made this push as town?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 15:29 GMT
#928
On October 24 2015 00:29 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:25 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:21 Xatalos wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:14 marvellosity wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:11 Xatalos wrote:
Unfortunately I think a rayn/marv scumteam makes sense.

Because I have difficulties seeing why town marv would defend rayn based on something that never actually happened, in the first moments of the game, and ignoring everything rayn said afterwards.... Even though rayn already has like 7 pages of filter.

i'm not ignoring everything he says afterwards. i liked some of his longer posts.

you're coming at this in a really, really shallow way.

like I can answer your question about rayn's play.

rayn thinks GB could be mafia, but he has nagging meta/tonal reasons that he might be town
rayn thinks you are mafia because of your shit read on him, but he knows he cannot push a lynch through on you at all with me opposing it today
rayn recognises that me and him both agree on Slam, this is a good shot of being mafia and if he hits mafia he gets more cred to go after you.


Do you honestly think he believes I'm scum based on that? I made an extremely similar push last time I was town and he was scum, and he similarly immediately scumread me for the push. It's actually unbelievable how similar his gut reaction is.

And it's very odd how his PoE possibility of Slam being scum suddenly became the best lynch. Even though he's pushed GB for the recent times. And how is PoE even a valid reason for his lynch choice when he has several actual scumreads and overall his reads are nothing consistent? His reads have changed in so many directions that how is Slam still in a similar PoE position? I think he just saw an easy way out of getting lynched today and went for the easy route of sheeping you, even though there's still like 5-6 hours time left.

your push is shityy shit shit, and if you are town you can't read me (which doesn't surprise me at all based on your last game's case).


So how am I 100% scum because of this push if it wouldn't surprise you that I made this push as town?

that's not what i said.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 15:30 GMT
#929
and i don't care to talk with you because it's useless.
so bye.
table for two on a tv tray
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
October 23 2015 15:30 GMT
#930
On October 24 2015 00:19 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:16 gumshoe wrote:
My risque lynch would be yamato. I didn't like this part of his gb post

marv fell off this for basically no reason, I would have pushed him more


this post isnt calling marv scummy, its saying that he was doing the right thing, then stopped doing it. Feels like hes trying to direct marv back onto JB, which feels quite bad to me.

also this

I disagree on your assessment of GB. I think he ass-pulled his explanation of his scumread of Vivax. I think mafia GB randomly decided to scumread someone and fabricated the reason over multiple posts.


This just feels REALLY confident, like he knows for a fact jb is full of shit, while I and several others are fairly on the fence about him.

hey I think yamato is very likely to be town. I like all his reads and the way he is making them.

the first bit of this post - no actually yamato was bang on, and it should make you townread him for it, not mafiaread him. The fact, when he mentioned it and I responded, that I conceded he was right should also bring you to that conclusion.

why doesn't it?

essentially (as i already explained somewhere) i had a bit of a brain fart and i wasn't evaluating vivax's town/mafia play properly in my head, so what yamato said about dropping off it too easily was bang on, because if i was using full/correct information, i would have kept on it more. It makes yamato look good because he's suggesting the direction that play should have taken, and he was actually right about it. And i can say that because it was my thought process.


Because it feels too Bang on. like his assessment about Gbs shitposting feels definitive. The way he phrases it is actually
perfect and makes total sense. That said, Gb making shit up as he goes along doesnt and bieng totes wrong doesnt make him mafia( I know this for a fact). Yamato is just right and succint, which is something mafia are very good at cause they know everything / :

Also, his redirecting you onto Jb is scummy to me because hes not actually investigating you, the tone of his posts suggests he knows your town and were doing the "right" thing and just stopped for some reason. Problem is, I think he doesnt seem to really care what that reason is, only that you stopped going onto Gb.The only point in him calling you out was to regain momentum onto jb. Which feels like an agenda as opposed to honest scum hunting.

Basically, between the guy who feels too right and is trying to redirect the most townie player, and the dude whose stumbling drunkley, my own bias compels me to suspect the former / :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:30 GMT
#931
On October 24 2015 00:28 marvellosity wrote:
GB isn't Onegu.

to be clear - Onegu could easily be mafia. He's in my bottom 5 and there's 3 mafia.

Doesn't mean i should want to lynch Onegu, a shit-tastic troll player over GB, who actually plays the game.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
October 23 2015 15:30 GMT
#932
Day 1 Vote Count


raynpelikoneet (3): Blazinghand, Xatalos, Vivax, Hopeless1der, Xatalos, Alakaslam
GlowingBear (3): marvellosity, yamato77, Vivax, raynpelikoneet, marvellosity
Vivax (1): gumshoe, GlowingBear, Onegu
Alakaslam (1): raynpelikoneet, raynpelikoneet
Xatalos (1): Chromatically
Hopeless1der (1): gumshoe
marvellosity (1): GlowingBear
ritoky (0): Chromatically, raynpelikoneet, raynpelikoneet
Chromatically (0): Xatalos
Onegu (0): Onegu

Not Voting (2): Hopeless1der, ritoky

Looks like it's time to sack raynpelikoneet for being a traitor!
Day 1 ends in at 21:00 GMT (+00:00).

The quality control list is here.
The automated list counter is here.
Only votes on this list will be counted.

Please mind the deadline as failure to vote will result in a modkill.

marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:31 GMT
#933
On October 24 2015 00:30 gumshoe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:19 marvellosity wrote:
On October 24 2015 00:16 gumshoe wrote:
My risque lynch would be yamato. I didn't like this part of his gb post

marv fell off this for basically no reason, I would have pushed him more


this post isnt calling marv scummy, its saying that he was doing the right thing, then stopped doing it. Feels like hes trying to direct marv back onto JB, which feels quite bad to me.

also this

I disagree on your assessment of GB. I think he ass-pulled his explanation of his scumread of Vivax. I think mafia GB randomly decided to scumread someone and fabricated the reason over multiple posts.


This just feels REALLY confident, like he knows for a fact jb is full of shit, while I and several others are fairly on the fence about him.

hey I think yamato is very likely to be town. I like all his reads and the way he is making them.

the first bit of this post - no actually yamato was bang on, and it should make you townread him for it, not mafiaread him. The fact, when he mentioned it and I responded, that I conceded he was right should also bring you to that conclusion.

why doesn't it?

essentially (as i already explained somewhere) i had a bit of a brain fart and i wasn't evaluating vivax's town/mafia play properly in my head, so what yamato said about dropping off it too easily was bang on, because if i was using full/correct information, i would have kept on it more. It makes yamato look good because he's suggesting the direction that play should have taken, and he was actually right about it. And i can say that because it was my thought process.


Because it feels too Bang on. like his assessment about Gbs shitposting feels definitive. The way he phrases it is actually
perfect and makes total sense. That said, Gb making shit up as he goes along doesnt and bieng totes wrong doesnt make him mafia( I know this for a fact). Yamato is just right and succint, which is something mafia are very good at cause they know everything / :

Also, his redirecting you onto Jb is scummy to me because hes not actually investigating you, the tone of his posts suggests he knows your town and were doing the "right" thing and just stopped for some reason. Problem is, I think he doesnt seem to really care what that reason is, only that you stopped going onto Gb.The only point in him calling you out was to regain momentum onto jb. Which feels like an agenda as opposed to honest scum hunting.

Basically, between the guy who feels too right and is trying to redirect the most townie player, and the dude whose stumbling drunkley, my own bias compels me to suspect the former / :

he's right and succinct AND has insight into my thought process.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:31 GMT
#934
also yamato knows i am town because i am obviously town. that's not a point against anyone.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
October 23 2015 15:32 GMT
#935
On October 24 2015 00:20 GlowingBear wrote:
Well, fuck this shit then, lynch me.

After I flip, go against Marv because I can't possibly see how can't he see me as town + not willing to lynch Onegu when Onegu has done NOTHING but sheeping me onto the same read he scum reads me for.

I'm voting Marv but I know all you pussies won't because he is Marv. And it seems again that he isn't so good as you say.


This is so terrible ) :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 15:32 GMT
#936
GB, if you're town, seriously don't just commit suicide here. Looks like it's heading towards you vs rayn and it'd be sad if you caused your own death there, like a certain player in my newbie game....
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:33 GMT
#937
it's not heading towards anything vs rayn.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
October 23 2015 15:34 GMT
#938
On October 24 2015 00:33 marvellosity wrote:
it's not heading towards anything vs rayn.


It is if I have anything to say about it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 23 2015 15:35 GMT
#939
Xatalos can we lynch you on D2 if i flip town?
table for two on a tv tray
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
October 23 2015 15:35 GMT
#940
On October 24 2015 00:34 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2015 00:33 marvellosity wrote:
it's not heading towards anything vs rayn.


It is if I have anything to say about it.

you don't.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 196 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 614
ProTech137
UpATreeSC 131
JuggernautJason58
MindelVK 38
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31344
Calm 3011
Shuttle 809
firebathero 155
Mini 120
Dewaltoss 115
HiyA 30
Hyun 27
NaDa 26
soO 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 23
Aegong 21
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7871
XaKoH 299
Fuzer 154
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1580
fl0m1491
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu538
Other Games
FrodaN1357
Beastyqt817
B2W.Neo555
ceh9551
mouzStarbuck432
Livibee191
C9.Mang0127
ToD108
KnowMe104
Trikslyr79
RotterdaM70
Mew2King45
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 53
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur864
• imaqtpie801
• WagamamaTV262
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 30m
Replay Cast
4h 15m
OSC
1d 4h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 15h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.