• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:25
CEST 00:25
KST 07:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8421 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 3 - Page 87

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 04 2015 21:45 GMT
#1721
I haven't read all of them so I can't say. In the past two "noir" setups, mafia ended up winning with a flawless victory both times. Town just "drowned" in the lack of structure and didn't accomplish anything. Mafia could easily push whatever lynch they wanted when the days dragged on.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 04 2015 21:49 GMT
#1722
bueno, yeah i can see two traps for town here

1. being too impatient
2. being too complacent

lol wrong is just plain wrong, but taking the time to work out the lynches (after plynching bh xP) is useful, so long as town doesn't just stop playing
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 04 2015 22:02 GMT
#1723
I don't think IML is town favored really. But this version is.
Computer says mafia
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 04 2015 22:08 GMT
#1724
Bah, it wasn't a plynch, you guys are just awful. You could have literally waited 24 hours. When I lie about IRL stuff, sure, lynch me if i'm trying to dodge a deadline, but there wasn't a deadline. If this was a 48 hour deadline day I wouldn't mind, because that's a stunt I pull, but I asked for 24 hours more and you were stupid and angry and lynched me. I legitimately trust you less as a mafia player if you can't see that lynching me, whether it was policy or not (and I think we all know that people were lynching me on poorly understood meta, not actual policy) was an awful move.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
May 04 2015 22:08 GMT
#1725
On May 05 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
I don't think IML is town favored really. But this version is.


What's the significant difference between this and regular IML? I'm somewhat on the boat with BlazingHand here - it provides town a bit of extra structure (and therefore a slight advantage), but no major improvements.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-04 22:14:18
May 04 2015 22:11 GMT
#1726
On May 05 2015 07:08 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2015 07:02 Palmar wrote:
I don't think IML is town favored really. But this version is.


What's the significant difference between this and regular IML? I'm somewhat on the boat with BlazingHand here - it provides town a bit of extra structure (and therefore a slight advantage), but no major improvements.


The extra structure might make town more comfortable delaying for more information, or keep people together (and organized enough to keep talking about things) rather than allowing the game to stagnate if the day goes for 120 hours or something
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 04 2015 22:14 GMT
#1727
Maybe you should've made case on mafia instead of doc BH. That would've helped.

Although I did not vote you. But that was mostly out of indifference. I actually managed to get through this game without reading a single post by you.

That's pretty good I think!
Computer says mafia
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 04 2015 22:15 GMT
#1728
On May 05 2015 07:14 Palmar wrote:
Maybe you should've made case on mafia instead of doc BH. That would've helped.

Although I did not vote you. But that was mostly out of indifference. I actually managed to get through this game without reading a single post by you.

That's pretty good I think!


that was a response to rsoultin. I spare you in all my rages because you played well. When I came back to thread I had basically caught yam and wos, but I was dead because many town players are super awful.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 04 2015 22:15 GMT
#1729
Normal IML is ONLY town favored when you have a very strong and active town. In a normal to weak town scenario, IML is a massive liability because it forces town towards the easy lynches that often aren't mafia.

This game though, allows town to grind it out for such a long time mafia simply lose interest. Posting with perfect information for like 4 days trying to look like you're actually figuring people out is really tough.
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 04 2015 22:16 GMT
#1730
I love silent nights though. That's one of the simplest and best buff to mafia you can give, and it gives lazy townies like myself a much needed reprieve from posting. I wouldn't mind making silent nights standard on TL.
Computer says mafia
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-04 22:19:19
May 04 2015 22:19 GMT
#1731
silent nights are sweet

even if only for my smiley being the most recent post in thread for 24h
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 04 2015 22:19 GMT
#1732
On May 05 2015 07:08 Blazinghand wrote:
Bah, it wasn't a plynch, you guys are just awful. You could have literally waited 24 hours. When I lie about IRL stuff, sure, lynch me if i'm trying to dodge a deadline, but there wasn't a deadline. If this was a 48 hour deadline day I wouldn't mind, because that's a stunt I pull, but I asked for 24 hours more and you were stupid and angry and lynched me. I legitimately trust you less as a mafia player if you can't see that lynching me, whether it was policy or not (and I think we all know that people were lynching me on poorly understood meta, not actual policy) was an awful move.


-giggles-

the bait worked!

-ish going to plynch bh every game-

<3
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 04 2015 22:20 GMT
#1733
On May 05 2015 07:19 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2015 07:08 Blazinghand wrote:
Bah, it wasn't a plynch, you guys are just awful. You could have literally waited 24 hours. When I lie about IRL stuff, sure, lynch me if i'm trying to dodge a deadline, but there wasn't a deadline. If this was a 48 hour deadline day I wouldn't mind, because that's a stunt I pull, but I asked for 24 hours more and you were stupid and angry and lynched me. I legitimately trust you less as a mafia player if you can't see that lynching me, whether it was policy or not (and I think we all know that people were lynching me on poorly understood meta, not actual policy) was an awful move.


-giggles-

the bait worked!

-ish going to plynch bh every game-

<3


Acting stupid then laughing and saying the bait worked is pretty slick. I admit: I just got trolled.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 04 2015 22:27 GMT
#1734
xP usually implies sarcasm or joking

oh noes! i'm giving my secrets away
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 04 2015 22:31 GMT
#1735
In case it isn't clear, I'm super duper salty about getting mislynched by awful players for literally no reason so I won't figure out sarcasm over internet text. I'll just be mad and easily trolled. Also, internet sarcasm is probably the hardest kind of sarcasm (thanks a LOT, Obama!) so yeah.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 04 2015 22:41 GMT
#1736
On May 05 2015 07:31 Blazinghand wrote:
In case it isn't clear, I'm super duper salty about getting mislynched by awful players for literally no reason so I won't figure out sarcasm over internet text. I'll just be mad and easily trolled. Also, internet sarcasm is probably the hardest kind of sarcasm (thanks a LOT, Obama!) so yeah.


-sits on bh's head- ^^

but you were fun to lynch xP would do it again 10/10
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
May 04 2015 22:46 GMT
#1737
ಠ_ಠ
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
May 04 2015 22:49 GMT
#1738
<3?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-05 00:34:50
May 05 2015 00:33 GMT
#1739
On May 05 2015 06:09 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I think this lynch mechanic is incredibly town favored

To clarify: Yamato is lazy scum, but none of the townies are mass posters either. How difficult do you guys think it'd be to win as mafia with mass posters like marv jat and hf and these unlimited days. Just keeping up would be impossible.

Normally I have no problems keeping up with that.

On May 05 2015 07:41 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2015 07:31 Blazinghand wrote:
In case it isn't clear, I'm super duper salty about getting mislynched by awful players for literally no reason so I won't figure out sarcasm over internet text. I'll just be mad and easily trolled. Also, internet sarcasm is probably the hardest kind of sarcasm (thanks a LOT, Obama!) so yeah.


-sits on bh's head- ^^

but you were fun to lynch xP would do it again 10/10

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 05 2015 08:47 GMT
#1740
On May 05 2015 09:33 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 05 2015 06:09 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I think this lynch mechanic is incredibly town favored

To clarify: Yamato is lazy scum, but none of the townies are mass posters either. How difficult do you guys think it'd be to win as mafia with mass posters like marv jat and hf and these unlimited days. Just keeping up would be impossible.

Normally I have no problems keeping up with that.

Show nested quote +
On May 05 2015 07:41 rsoultin wrote:
On May 05 2015 07:31 Blazinghand wrote:
In case it isn't clear, I'm super duper salty about getting mislynched by awful players for literally no reason so I won't figure out sarcasm over internet text. I'll just be mad and easily trolled. Also, internet sarcasm is probably the hardest kind of sarcasm (thanks a LOT, Obama!) so yeah.


-sits on bh's head- ^^

but you were fun to lynch xP would do it again 10/10


yeah but you were obvious mafia. You kinda kept up. If you hadn't been such mafia it would've been really good.
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 255
Nina 129
ViBE49
Nathanias 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12541
Artosis 407
NaDa 28
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever217
febbydoto33
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox388
Mew2King71
Other Games
summit1g5690
Grubby3185
Liquid`RaSZi1796
shahzam675
WinterStarcraft451
C9.Mang0301
JimRising 137
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 92
• musti20045 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie826
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 35m
INu's Battles
12h 35m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 35m
OSC
23h 50m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.