• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:55
CEST 04:55
KST 11:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7919 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 40

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 50 Next All
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:16 GMT
#5248
On April 04 2015 03:15 Keirathi wrote:
Yes. Everyone who doesn't agree with JAT is scum. Woo!

Explain to me in which world it is better to risk the game on a random other lynch to let a single townie survive this day. Explain it to me in detail.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:17 GMT
#5250
On April 04 2015 03:16 kitaman27 wrote:
JAT is just excited at the prospect of getting a free ticket out of this game

That's a bonus but it is also the correct play in 100/100 cases.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:18 GMT
#5254
On April 04 2015 03:16 strongandbig wrote:
OK so false alarm. Anyway, here's my first read - this is something I've been thinking for several days now.

Remember that for all of these reads, I don't have the benefit of PMs so there's a lot of information I'm lacking.

So I think that Kita is mafia. The things he's pushing in thread and the kind of posts he's making are exactly the kind of things I remember him doing as mafia.

- Being really active.
Straight up activity has won Kita at least one game as mafia that I've been in where he was actually more active in thread than any townie; I distinctly remember the sentiment "kita can't be mafia, if he is we might as well give up because he's the only one being active." He's the kind of player who is confident enough in not getting caught out as mafia that he can put in a lot of effort and not just make a lot of posts but actually maintain thread presence.

- Being really active without actually accomplishing anything.
Think about it - who has he pushed this game? What has he really gotten done in terms of scumhunting? No one and nothing. And yet he's got a ten page filter, and has some of the longest posts (at least that I remember seeing when I was skimming the thread).

- Making the kind of posts that demonstrate effort without actually accomplishing objectives.
List posts. list posts and more list posts. But in none of those list posts does he really present and push a preferred lynch target.
Also the big early BH read post. So much effort, so little conclusion.
Same for the VE read post, really.

- Declining activity as the game goes on and his position is more and more secure.
Admittedly this one is based on my impressions, but there's a pretty clear scum motive to this trend.

This isn't how Kita plays as town. I mean, unless things have changed since I was here, but I remember Kita being someone who would make plans and push things - not necessarily cases but either cases or plans or coordination. Right now I can't say Kita is pushing anything except his own activity.

##vote: Kita

Kita might be mafia but we have claimed scum on the chopping block today that we will kill first so please change your vote accordingly.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:23 GMT
#5261
On April 04 2015 03:20 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:16 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:15 Keirathi wrote:
Yes. Everyone who doesn't agree with JAT is scum. Woo!

Explain to me in which world it is better to risk the game on a random other lynch to let a single townie survive this day. Explain it to me in detail.

I don't even fucking disagree with you.

I'm just worried that for the big picture, this auto-lynch makes things worse for town. Nothing about his play today makes much sense otherwise.

Because scum has a huge lead thanks to a fucking idiot whos name I won't tell and because they take out towns leader in the process they don't have to care that much. That does not mean that we should not lynch the only 100 % scum we have.
Like you people can discuss other targets and do analysis about them as much as you would like but in the end we are lynching damdred today.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:24 GMT
#5263
I just noticed that we can't even trust the greencheck on Obi. Great.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:27 GMT
#5266
oO
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:28 GMT
#5268
No way. Not again.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:29 GMT
#5269
I will murder you all for not voting damdred if that is the case.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:31 GMT
#5272
On April 04 2015 03:31 yamato77 wrote:
FUCKING VOTE DAMDRED

justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:33 GMT
#5277
On April 04 2015 03:26 yamato77 wrote:
##But the Future Refused to Change: justanothertownie Day 2

What exactly does this do btw? Or is it better if you don't tell?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:34 GMT
#5281
On April 04 2015 03:34 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:26 yamato77 wrote:
##But the Future Refused to Change: justanothertownie Day 2

What exactly does this do btw? Or is it better if you don't tell?

it's a reset

plus you skip tonight's action phase

fuck mafia

Means I cannot act too?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:43 GMT
#5293
On April 04 2015 03:42 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:34 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:34 yamato77 wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:26 yamato77 wrote:
##But the Future Refused to Change: justanothertownie Day 2

What exactly does this do btw? Or is it better if you don't tell?

it's a reset

plus you skip tonight's action phase

fuck mafia

Means I cannot act too?

well you'll die, but you come back

Ok.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:48 GMT
#5297
On April 04 2015 03:47 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 03:46 yamato77 wrote:
On April 04 2015 03:45 Damdred wrote:
....dammit Yamato why you have to ruin all of my fun. Most useless role ever

shouldn't have been so obviously mafia


Your right in that I didn't expect this to happen though, that is an op ability

:p
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:48 GMT
#5298
If this works that's pretty great actually.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 18:53 GMT
#5302
On April 04 2015 03:51 kitaman27 wrote:
Vote is far closer than it should be considering the potential lynch manipulation roles.

Yes, I want to take far more than 10 KP today (if I got that right)!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 19:23 GMT
#5329
On April 04 2015 04:07 batsnacks wrote:
ehhhhhhhhh

this game though

##Dragon Emperor Soaring Destruction: Snarfs

I seriously hope this doesn't do anything.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 19:27 GMT
#5333
On April 04 2015 04:22 strongandbig wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 04:17 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:06 strongandbig wrote:
ok bh we get it you only care about va


oh, some context. I as lestrade the role-category-cop i also recieve the results, but not the target, of two other cops. one of them was marv the alignment cop, who was shot N1 but checked someone and got GUILTY. he crumbed no checks but had VA as a scumread. I'm pretty sure he checked VA.

i get it if you don't want to lynch VA today, during our first lynch, but i have zero comprehension of why people actually think VA is TOWN.

no i read all that when it happened, I have been sort of following the game

it's just you, like, refuse to acknowledge the evidence people have presented as to why the check may not have been on (probably wasn't on) VA - marv specifically saying in his how-to-cop not to check the first suspect

I don't have any particular reason to think VA is town but I'm inclined to discount the red check for a few reasons:
1. I don't 100% trust you in the first place
2. Especially since you really haven't talked about anything but this check
3. Especially since AFAIK you've never engaged the counterargument to this check
4. Especially since your intentional baiting of Koshi is specifically in line with your scum philosophy
5. Especially since you did the same thing to like rayn I think in a game where you and I were scum together
6. Basically I think you're scum too but I am less sure about you than Kita because of the missing-moriarty question
7. Also sometimes you just play shitty so this could be one of those times.
8. But since I think you're play is pretty fucking scummy and you haven't engaged with the counterarguments to the only thing you've been saying, I'm not going along with that thing.

If marv did not check VA then he is green btw.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 19:33 GMT
#5349
On April 04 2015 04:28 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 04:27 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:22 strongandbig wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:17 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:06 strongandbig wrote:
ok bh we get it you only care about va


oh, some context. I as lestrade the role-category-cop i also recieve the results, but not the target, of two other cops. one of them was marv the alignment cop, who was shot N1 but checked someone and got GUILTY. he crumbed no checks but had VA as a scumread. I'm pretty sure he checked VA.

i get it if you don't want to lynch VA today, during our first lynch, but i have zero comprehension of why people actually think VA is TOWN.

no i read all that when it happened, I have been sort of following the game

it's just you, like, refuse to acknowledge the evidence people have presented as to why the check may not have been on (probably wasn't on) VA - marv specifically saying in his how-to-cop not to check the first suspect

I don't have any particular reason to think VA is town but I'm inclined to discount the red check for a few reasons:
1. I don't 100% trust you in the first place
2. Especially since you really haven't talked about anything but this check
3. Especially since AFAIK you've never engaged the counterargument to this check
4. Especially since your intentional baiting of Koshi is specifically in line with your scum philosophy
5. Especially since you did the same thing to like rayn I think in a game where you and I were scum together
6. Basically I think you're scum too but I am less sure about you than Kita because of the missing-moriarty question
7. Also sometimes you just play shitty so this could be one of those times.
8. But since I think you're play is pretty fucking scummy and you haven't engaged with the counterarguments to the only thing you've been saying, I'm not going along with that thing.

If marv did not check VA then he is green btw.

How exactly does your check work or is it not relevant? I'm just confused at the options here.

I had a one shot check:

I get role and alignment. Got his role name and mafia aligned.

But my sanity depends on how many people visit him except for me during the same night.
0: insane
1: sane
2: naive
3: paranoid
4: he comes up as 3rd party

That's why I repeatedly asked people who visited VA to claim to me. I immediately questioned him and he told me the correct rolename at least.
So if we assume noone visited him then I have a greencheck on him
If marv visited him (check) then I have a redcheck on him.
Since this isn't really conclusive I did not out it but statistically it would mean he is more likely to be town. I don't know if marv would check VA though. He was by far his biggest scumread. I don't know how he plays cop.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 19:34 GMT
#5351
On April 04 2015 04:30 Holyflare wrote:
what if lestrade has to kill moriarty to get a buff and lestrade is mafia and that's why moriarty hasn't claimed? :o

Then moriarty could have claimed in pms to any townread.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
April 03 2015 19:36 GMT
#5356
On April 04 2015 04:34 Crossfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 04 2015 04:33 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:28 Crossfire99 wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:27 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:22 strongandbig wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:17 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 04 2015 04:06 strongandbig wrote:
ok bh we get it you only care about va


oh, some context. I as lestrade the role-category-cop i also recieve the results, but not the target, of two other cops. one of them was marv the alignment cop, who was shot N1 but checked someone and got GUILTY. he crumbed no checks but had VA as a scumread. I'm pretty sure he checked VA.

i get it if you don't want to lynch VA today, during our first lynch, but i have zero comprehension of why people actually think VA is TOWN.

no i read all that when it happened, I have been sort of following the game

it's just you, like, refuse to acknowledge the evidence people have presented as to why the check may not have been on (probably wasn't on) VA - marv specifically saying in his how-to-cop not to check the first suspect

I don't have any particular reason to think VA is town but I'm inclined to discount the red check for a few reasons:
1. I don't 100% trust you in the first place
2. Especially since you really haven't talked about anything but this check
3. Especially since AFAIK you've never engaged the counterargument to this check
4. Especially since your intentional baiting of Koshi is specifically in line with your scum philosophy
5. Especially since you did the same thing to like rayn I think in a game where you and I were scum together
6. Basically I think you're scum too but I am less sure about you than Kita because of the missing-moriarty question
7. Also sometimes you just play shitty so this could be one of those times.
8. But since I think you're play is pretty fucking scummy and you haven't engaged with the counterarguments to the only thing you've been saying, I'm not going along with that thing.

If marv did not check VA then he is green btw.

How exactly does your check work or is it not relevant? I'm just confused at the options here.

I had a one shot check:

I get role and alignment. Got his role name and mafia aligned.

But my sanity depends on how many people visit him except for me during the same night.
0: insane
1: sane
2: naive
3: paranoid
4: he comes up as 3rd party

That's why I repeatedly asked people who visited VA to claim to me. I immediately questioned him and he told me the correct rolename at least.
So if we assume noone visited him then I have a greencheck on him
If marv visited him (check) then I have a redcheck on him.
Since this isn't really conclusive I did not out it but statistically it would mean he is more likely to be town. I don't know if marv would check VA though. He was by far his biggest scumread. I don't know how he plays cop.

So you checked him night 1 then?

Correct.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 50 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1953
GuemChi 1486
Artosis 625
910 80
ajuk12(nOOB) 21
Bale 20
Terrorterran 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm190
febbydoto15
Counter-Strike
taco 572
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox530
Other Games
summit1g8096
Doublelift1945
JimRising 582
C9.Mang0358
Day[9].tv334
PiGStarcraft253
Maynarde114
WinterStarcraft65
CosmosSc2 18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv334
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 6m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.