• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:13
CEST 09:13
KST 16:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8275 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:40 GMT
#2108
On March 30 2015 06:38 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:36 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:32 Koshi wrote:
That being said. I have 0 problems with a snarf shot. But I need to know why the fuck we are lynching him because I haven't heard anybody say something really smart about a snarf lynch.

kita hapa hf JAT

What are your opinions on this snarf lynch?

I want them on paper. I want to read them.


Eh. I think he looks "objectively bad." First post is a "say nothing" intro post, followed by a great deal of weak town reads.

That being said, it makes sense that he'd do something like this, given that his priorities today seem to be voting for a "town" lynch party.

I think lynching him is a coinflip. Not a terrible coinflip, but I'd lynch Trfel or Sepul over him any day. WoS... I'd like to see him alive another day as I think there's some margin for error in my read there.


While the idea is bad in theory, do you think a mafia Sepul opens by saying "Finding mafia would be a plus, but seems secondary"?


Plausibly. Sepul is brand new after all.

But that also has very little to do with why I'm suspicious of him. I'm more concerned with how he arrived on voting Vayne (after saying how his priorities were to find townies for positions "3 and 1").
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:42 GMT
#2111
On March 30 2015 06:39 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:32 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:30 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:27 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:25 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:21 Damdred wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:19 LightningStrike wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:17 Damdred wrote:
LS why not rs here I'm pretty sure she's town?

Rs who is your lynch?

I trust JAT since I know he's a smart player and I do think both of them are town I just think JAT might be the better leader.


IDK I think you should vote rsoultin. Who would you lynch today

Hapa because what I said in his filter he done jack shit early on and the fact that he only decided to play with very little time left in the Day I think it fits more of a scum type of play to do stuff at EoD area.


It's fairly disconcerting that you have such a strong read without taking any effort to talk to me in the past two hours.

Let's see I had read your filter and talked to others about you. Why should I consider you to be town?


Agreeing or disagreeing with my reads is a start. I really dont' care if you consider me town right now. I don't have the time luxury for that.

I'm more interested in why I'm your top target, and yet you've made no attempt to interact with me until I prodded you to do so.

Your top scumread starts posting 2.5 hours ago. Is it not natural to want to talk to said "top scumread?"

I disagree with your read on Wave he played very similarly in Student VI at least from what I remember coaching two players there...


Read that game again, and see how tunneled he was on Damdred on Day 1.

and your Sep read might be off because he already about the same filter length as his last town game in JOAT so I thinking that alone makes him town.


This is the weakest shit...
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:44 GMT
#2116
On March 30 2015 06:42 rsoultin wrote:
Okay snarfs has been submitted as our lynch


Waiiiit. Don't we have an hour left?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:46 GMT
#2127
On March 30 2015 06:45 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:44 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:42 rsoultin wrote:
Okay snarfs has been submitted as our lynch


Waiiiit. Don't we have an hour left?


15 mins i think? if we have over an hour and opinions change i'll just send another pm lol


According to the votecount thread, we have an hour.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:47 GMT
#2130
[b]Can we slow this down and narrow down our lynch targets?

The thread is getting pretty chaotic, and it should help to organize who we are talking about killing.

Trfel and Snarfs have received a lot of lynching support so far. Are there any other candidates with popular support? Let's use our last hour well.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:56 GMT
#2157
On March 30 2015 06:49 Damdred wrote:
Oh I thought we only had 10 minutes ok that makes me feel better a bit.

Ok so hapa what do you think between Trfel and snarfs


As previously mentioned, Snarfs seems like a coinflip. I agree his play looks bad, but there's an explanation due to the nature of this Day 1. A lot of his play was focused around finding townies to vote for. This isn't ideal, but it is certainly plausible.

I find it harder to come up with plausible town explanations for Trfel's play.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=41#808
This is his reads post. Kita has talked about how the analysis is pretty weak, and Chezitwo mentioned that it feels very "over-justified" for this point in the game. I agree with both of these points.

But his next post on Sicklucker is so hard to explain from a town perspective:
On March 29 2015 16:06 Trfel wrote:
First off, apologies for this post being short. I'm rather sleepy, and I'm really busy tomorrow, so I can't guarantee much more from me until after the deadline.

I'm not convinced that LightningStrike is scum here. He made a bunch of null reads, but his early push on rsoultin was rather townie. He seems to be trying hard in this game, and I don't want to lynch him.

For now, I think that Holyflare is the best vote. He seems very towny, and he has been actively leading the thread. He's also said many of the same thoughts that I have had. His lynch candidates also generally line up with mine. I also trust Holyflare with whatever abilities are given to him by the adventuring party role.

##vote Holyflare

I personally like a sicklucker lynch. He's basically claimed third party.

As for Hapahauli: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................

I don't want to lynch Half the Sky yet, either. I am fairly confident in reading her in a longer game, using the tell that Holyflare developed: "boring Half the Sky is mafia". I am not convinced that Half the Sky has been given enough time to be interesting in this game yet.


He "likes" the sicklucker lynch and is really comfortable that sicklucker is 3rd party. This is odd for two reasons.
1) He has absolutely zero doubt in his mind that sicklucker is 3p. This is odd, and it's strange for someone that made such a try-hard case on sicklucker to not believe atleast somewhat that sicklucker is mafia.
2) He's comfortable lynchign a 3p sicklucker over his 3 other scumreads. This is absurdly scummy.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:58 GMT
#2161
To elaborate on #1...

Let's say that your top scumread claims 3p. I highly doubt that any town will instantly believe that claim. At the very least, there will be some doubt in there that your top scumread is making a play or fake-claiming.

Trfel just instantly believes sicklucker which is so hard to explain.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 21:59 GMT
#2166
On March 30 2015 06:58 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 05:34 Hapahauli wrote:
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.


Could you justify this post hapa? When referencing several other players, you attack them for not looking for mafia. Why is BH the exception?


I've played enough games with BH to realize that his openers aren't always serious and are rarely alignment indicative.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:00 GMT
#2169
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=108#2157

Trfel case. Comment. Feedback. Plz.

Taking shower, be back in 5.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:01 GMT
#2174
On March 30 2015 06:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
Hi guys


Why are you doing what I was doing I totally did that and you are copying me wtf.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:03 GMT
#2183
On March 30 2015 07:00 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 06:59 Hapahauli wrote:
On March 30 2015 06:58 kitaman27 wrote:
On March 30 2015 05:34 Hapahauli wrote:
No no, not lynching BH.

Bad JAT. Bad.


Could you justify this post hapa? When referencing several other players, you attack them for not looking for mafia. Why is BH the exception?


I've played enough games with BH to realize that his openers aren't always serious and are rarely alignment indicative.


At what point would you consider something BH does alignment indicative?


I would not like to describe my methodology of reading BH in thread until I decide to make a case on him.

But why am I wrong on BH? Surely you've played in many games with him as well.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:21 GMT
#2261
Chezitwo know's whats up.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:28 GMT
#2291
Kitapost goodpost
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:28 GMT
#2294
Although I wish that was posted earlier so I could actually double-check it.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:39 GMT
#2337
On March 30 2015 07:32 Sepulchre wrote:
I don't really see why Trfel is suddenly the lynch.
I also don't see why everybody moved off Hapahauli. He came in, called 2-3 of the easiest people in this game to call mafia mafia without adding anything.
His post on Trfel is just fingerpointing him for saying "sicklucker basically claimed 3p" and running away with the most damning conjecture. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/481138-aperture-mafia-4-this-time-its-personal?page=109#2161
I personally read Trfel's post as "my mafia suspect claimed 3p so now there is a 0% chance he is town, let's lynch him", which is the far more apparant interpretation.
Hapahauli doesn't even consider that, and I will randomly add the most damning conjecture here, because he doesn't care about lynching mafia he's just trying to survive.

I haven't read all of the thread so maybe some people have better reasons for lynching Trfel. If you do I'd appreciate a link, or at least the name of the guy so I can check for myself.
As is I think Trfel is just getting lynched because he's afk. Which is ok I guess but don't disguise it as something more than a coinflip.


Yes there are better reasons for lynching Trfel. The ones that you skipped over in my posts in order to cherry pick an attack against me.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:39 GMT
#2342
In regard to BH... Slam can you just claim? Non-cryptically?

How would you know about BH's powers?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:42 GMT
#2359
On March 30 2015 07:41 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 07:39 Hapahauli wrote:
In regard to BH... Slam can you just claim? Non-cryptically?

How would you know about BH's powers?

How hte hell many medics do we have?

WAIT I DONT WANT TO FIND OUT FIRST

How the hell can I make an informed risk/payoff decision then?

Nah.


You don't even need to claim. I just dont' understand why you'd know what BH's role does.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:50 GMT
#2394
Sigh. Sickulcker seems like such a cop-out vote. I don't see how an anti-town 3rd party is claiming in his situation.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:54 GMT
#2416
On March 30 2015 07:52 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2015 04:07 Hapahauli wrote:
He wants to lynch sicklucker because he's 3rd party. That's a big nono. Mafia want to lynch 3rd parties. Town generally are looking for mafia first. It doesn't help that the rest of his post is basically summary and non-committal reads on LS, myself, and HtS.
Wait, this is why I am being lynched???

This makes no sense. Town needs to eliminate third party. And again, I would take a very good chance at killing third party over a random shot at killing mafia.

I didn't make a read on Hapahauli, I didn't make a read on Half the Sky. My "zzzz" about Hapahauli both means that I was bored of his play (he wasn't doing anything), and I was extremely bored of all of the focus and discussion about him. As for Half the Sky, I want her to not be lynched so I have more time to read her. I feel that she is easy to read after some time, but with her being busy for the first portion of the game, that time wasn't provided.

I stood up to the wave of people trying to lynch LightningStrike. And you call that non-committal? If LightningStrike is lynched and flips mafia, I look really bad for that.


You're being lynched more for the later posts in my filter.

Regardless, I don't think you're being lynched. HF has a good point about sicklucker.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
March 29 2015 22:57 GMT
#2429
I'll let HF do his thing with sicklucker. I think my vote pushed him to #1.

Out for a few hours, GL all
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4858
Leta 1779
Shuttle 1703
BeSt 397
Soma 145
Soulkey 88
sorry 48
ZergMaN 46
Shine 34
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm219
League of Legends
JimRising 599
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Other Games
summit1g7521
WinterStarcraft671
Sick197
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2322
League of Legends
• Rush1201
• Lourlo1131
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 47m
Patches Events
7h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 47m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 47m
OSC
15h 47m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.