• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:36
CEST 12:36
KST 19:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8685 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 309

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 307 308 309 310 311 460 Next
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
March 24 2015 22:21 GMT
#6161
Though I have overestimated mafia teams in the past.
Minimal effort.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 24 2015 22:21 GMT
#6162
On March 25 2015 07:21 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:19 Superbia wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:18 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:16 Superbia wrote:
Like this should be mafia's perspective if slam is town and both vigis are real.

Town is calling for a shot on VE and slam. Both toad and vivax seem to comply.

What does mafia have to lose by not RBing and letting both shots go through?

I've explained what mafia has to gain, possible d3 mylo and 2 big question marks for misslynches.

But both Toad and Vivax looked so townie. Town was also coming around to the idea of 2 town vigis by that time regardless of the shots, so I disagree that it truly would leave 2 big question marks. Essentially all that's different with the RB is that Slam is still alive and can still get mislynched, presuming town.


No way town keeps these strong townreads going into d2 with those flips dude.

Flips change nothing when you've collectively decided on the shots. Hell, Toad shot a townread of his in VE and he's still collectively thought of as town by those with thinking caps on.

sick vivax burn
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 24 2015 22:22 GMT
#6163
On March 25 2015 07:21 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:21 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:19 Superbia wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:18 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:16 Superbia wrote:
Like this should be mafia's perspective if slam is town and both vigis are real.

Town is calling for a shot on VE and slam. Both toad and vivax seem to comply.

What does mafia have to lose by not RBing and letting both shots go through?

I've explained what mafia has to gain, possible d3 mylo and 2 big question marks for misslynches.

But both Toad and Vivax looked so townie. Town was also coming around to the idea of 2 town vigis by that time regardless of the shots, so I disagree that it truly would leave 2 big question marks. Essentially all that's different with the RB is that Slam is still alive and can still get mislynched, presuming town.


No way town keeps these strong townreads going into d2 with those flips dude.

Flips change nothing when you've collectively decided on the shots. Hell, Toad shot a townread of his in VE and he's still collectively thought of as town by those with thinking caps on.

sick vivax burn

Randomly burning Vivax along the way is the only thing that keeps me going in this game as long as he lives.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
March 24 2015 22:23 GMT
#6164
On March 25 2015 07:20 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:16 Superbia wrote:
Like this should be mafia's perspective if slam is town and both vigis are real.

Town is calling for a shot on VE and slam. Both toad and vivax seem to comply.

What does mafia have to lose by not RBing and letting both shots go through?

I've explained what mafia has to gain, possible d3 mylo and 2 big question marks for misslynches.


I did not comply in the slightest wtf.
I raged pretty hard at HF because I thought the plan was retarded and didn't know who I was shooting until after it happened and I got confirmation on it... and you think mafia had an idea who I was shooting?


I thought it was pretty clear at EoN1? I recall you fighting HF on this during N1, but you seemed to be okayish with it EoN1. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?
Minimal effort.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2015 22:24 GMT
#6165
On March 25 2015 07:23 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:20 Toadesstern wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:16 Superbia wrote:
Like this should be mafia's perspective if slam is town and both vigis are real.

Town is calling for a shot on VE and slam. Both toad and vivax seem to comply.

What does mafia have to lose by not RBing and letting both shots go through?

I've explained what mafia has to gain, possible d3 mylo and 2 big question marks for misslynches.


I did not comply in the slightest wtf.
I raged pretty hard at HF because I thought the plan was retarded and didn't know who I was shooting until after it happened and I got confirmation on it... and you think mafia had an idea who I was shooting?


I thought it was pretty clear at EoN1? I recall you fighting HF on this during N1, but you seemed to be okayish with it EoN1. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong?


On March 22 2015 06:27 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 06:23 Eden1892 wrote:
decent logic on exo there.

vivax who you shootin bruh? slam yeah?

toad who you shootin bruh? ve yeah?

I am not going to shoot VE. VE is town imo

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 24 2015 22:24 GMT
#6166
Also Toad and Vivax were both going to shoot Slam but then it turned out you couldn't change actions anymore 20 min before deadline which no one realized.

It would actually be a good point for Vivax to make that I knew that and that's why I started pushing the whole both players should shoot slam thing so late, but then again Vivax can only call me scum for reasons that actually make me town.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
March 24 2015 22:25 GMT
#6167
Like I think my logic here is pretty fucking solid.
Minimal effort.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 24 2015 22:25 GMT
#6168
On March 25 2015 07:16 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:08 ritoky wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:08 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:06 Superbia wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also you're forgetting that the JK probably stopped 1KP, which would've made things 3KP otherwise. A RB on a Vivax shooting Slam could easily result in a Slam mislynch. Town vigis either shoot scum or bad townies and either result can be detrimental to scum because it could eliminate mislynches.


No, no. That's absolutely irrelevant. The play is to let both KP go through 100%. The misslynch on slam is absolutely irrelevant, because you go into d2 with 5 townies dead and suspicion on the Vigis. 5v10. If you secure a misslynch on that day you have mylo in d3.

1. You don't know if Vivax is shooting Slam or someone else.
2. RBing Vivax isn't between 4 or 2 KP but 4 or 3 KP
3. An alive town Slam is highly likely to get lynched.
I don't find your case very convincing. I think there's a good chance Slam is scum, but not because of this.


Can you tell me the other reason slam is scum?

Super serious at the start, convincingly wanted to change his town meta, then basically stopped playing. If he truly felt strongly about it I think we would've seen more of him this game.


Maybe he just realized that a cat is a cat. You can put funny hats on it or little cat boots or even a sweater, but it still remains a cat. I don't think slam is the kind of guy who can help but be himself. I didn't read the early game so I can't attest to that, but I have a pretty good read on him, and he is leaning town on his way to town for me.

Can you explain that read on him?


Not really, but I can try a little bit. It is primarily a tone, content, and specificity read. The tone and content read comes from me joking a lot with him and engaging in eye of the chupazi training and kinda starting to get a glimpse inside the wifom bunker after the great bombing of the chupazitron 50000 cracked the shell. There's also this kinda specific tell that he does in regards to directly addressing people with jokes/antagonism as town versus doing it in a general sense as mafia that I don't wanna give away. There was a game a while back when slam fooled me for a good long while cuz I had 0 clue how to read him, then something clicked. It was return of MSpaint mafia. I found that in that game I could very clearly tell who Slam wanted to lynch every phase. He didn't necessarily push them or make an agenda or lead people onto them, but I always knew the exact person he wanted dead. I don't know who he wants lynched as of yet.

There's some other stuff to it, but you would call it absolutely crazy.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2015 22:25 GMT
#6169
On March 22 2015 06:33 Toadesstern wrote:
Okay Eden you're the only one I'm trusting right now. I'm not going to shoot VE. Period. Take that as me being serious.
Do I shoot Onegu or do I listen to people?

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
March 24 2015 22:26 GMT
#6170
On March 25 2015 07:25 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 06:33 Toadesstern wrote:
Okay Eden you're the only one I'm trusting right now. I'm not going to shoot VE. Period. Take that as me being serious.
Do I shoot Onegu or do I listen to people?



Mehhh. Nevermind then. My logic is still solid if the shots would've been clear at EoN.
Minimal effort.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2015 22:27 GMT
#6171
the whole point that not even I knew who I was about to shoot shows that they were not clear at all...
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 24 2015 22:27 GMT
#6172
On March 25 2015 07:25 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2015 07:16 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:14 ritoky wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:08 ritoky wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:08 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:06 Superbia wrote:
On March 25 2015 07:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Also you're forgetting that the JK probably stopped 1KP, which would've made things 3KP otherwise. A RB on a Vivax shooting Slam could easily result in a Slam mislynch. Town vigis either shoot scum or bad townies and either result can be detrimental to scum because it could eliminate mislynches.


No, no. That's absolutely irrelevant. The play is to let both KP go through 100%. The misslynch on slam is absolutely irrelevant, because you go into d2 with 5 townies dead and suspicion on the Vigis. 5v10. If you secure a misslynch on that day you have mylo in d3.

1. You don't know if Vivax is shooting Slam or someone else.
2. RBing Vivax isn't between 4 or 2 KP but 4 or 3 KP
3. An alive town Slam is highly likely to get lynched.
I don't find your case very convincing. I think there's a good chance Slam is scum, but not because of this.


Can you tell me the other reason slam is scum?

Super serious at the start, convincingly wanted to change his town meta, then basically stopped playing. If he truly felt strongly about it I think we would've seen more of him this game.


Maybe he just realized that a cat is a cat. You can put funny hats on it or little cat boots or even a sweater, but it still remains a cat. I don't think slam is the kind of guy who can help but be himself. I didn't read the early game so I can't attest to that, but I have a pretty good read on him, and he is leaning town on his way to town for me.

Can you explain that read on him?


Not really, but I can try a little bit. It is primarily a tone, content, and specificity read. The tone and content read comes from me joking a lot with him and engaging in eye of the chupazi training and kinda starting to get a glimpse inside the wifom bunker after the great bombing of the chupazitron 50000 cracked the shell.

There's some other stuff to it, but you would call it absolutely crazy.

lmao stop making me not want to lynch you for things that have nothing to do with your alignment
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2015 22:27 GMT
#6173
On March 22 2015 08:11 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 22 2015 08:09 Vivax wrote:
On March 22 2015 08:06 Toadesstern wrote:
On March 21 2015 08:05 Half the Sky wrote:

Please forward all night actions to Blazinghand and myself at least 20 minutes prior to the daypost.


I did not get to change my shot... I shot VE


Why would you have wanted to change your shot, and what would have the real target been?


I was on Vivax -> Slam -> VE -> (Slam -> VE -> Slam)

in brackets what didn't count anymore. I said I'm not going to shoot VE and do my thing (shoot Vivax) got mad at HF, took a break for 5-10 minutes and in the end listened to Eden telling me to shoot VE despite my weak townread on him.

<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 24 2015 22:28 GMT
#6174
so superbia, who have you decided is mafia from this grand theory
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 24 2015 22:28 GMT
#6175
Yea who's mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 24 2015 22:29 GMT
#6176
Also orb user do it to Palmar! Ultimate use out of it
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 24 2015 22:30 GMT
#6177
Just went back to check and yeah I started going for the both shoot slam at :45. Someone phone Vivax!
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
March 24 2015 22:31 GMT
#6178
On March 25 2015 07:30 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Just went back to check and yeah I started going for the both shoot slam at :45. Someone phone Vivax!

yeah I remember that one because, looking at the time I said something along the lines of "eeeeh, it's not really about wether or not I'm willing to do it but about wether or not it's possible..."
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
March 24 2015 22:31 GMT
#6179
Also I remember something something about when Ritoky makes sense he's scum. He's making sense now so it bodes poorly for him.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 24 2015 22:31 GMT
#6180
i really would like the orb to go on superbia

but palmar's ok too
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Prev 1 307 308 309 310 311 460 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko181
Codebar 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22150
Calm 4051
Rain 2762
Hyuk 1547
Bisu 800
FanTaSy 466
Horang2 370
Soma 347
Rush 265
Jaedong 237
[ Show more ]
BeSt 230
Mong 206
Stork 202
Zeus 174
Mind 87
Mini 76
Pusan 61
ZerO 60
Sexy 57
Larva 54
ToSsGirL 54
Light 47
Barracks 39
Killer 33
910 32
Shinee 30
Yoon 29
NaDa 27
Free 17
sorry 16
Noble 14
Hm[arnc] 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5484
Counter-Strike
olofmeister957
byalli713
shoxiejesuss468
edward90
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Other Games
gofns47985
singsing1518
dupreeh311
crisheroes278
ZerO(Twitch)4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• iopq 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1775
• Stunt337
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 24m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.