• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:24
CEST 18:24
KST 01:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8570 users

VII Titanic Mini Mafia: I Have a Cunning Plan... - Page 210

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 208 209 210 211 212 219 Next
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
February 25 2015 12:07 GMT
#4181
On February 25 2015 21:04 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:01 Superbia wrote:
I wasn't really townreading prplhz when the wagon was on both him and LS. I felt too many townies were divided between the two wagon and I wasn't sure about either of them.

I paid too much respect to the opinions of people who put a lot of time into the game (including rso), and it really fucked up my d2 play (though my d1 play was quite shit as well). Next time I'm going to be adamant about my own opinion. Also, I'm going to pay more attention to rayn's reads if/after he's confirmed town.

I'm not sure this is what you should be taking away really. It's good to listen to other people. Your problem would be (if I go by this paragraph alone) that you were putting faith in someone with a lot of posts and not correctly being suspicious of their motives. Listening to others is dandy, just make sure they're town first


The problem was mostly that I was listening to people because I thought they had put a lot of time into the game, even though I was disagreeing with what they were saying. I agree that listening and cooperating with people is key to the game, but that time put into the game is a wrong metric to follow (it was mostly guilt that I had put less time into the game than others, which led me to pursue my own reads less because I felt it would be unfair).
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
February 25 2015 12:08 GMT
#4182
On February 25 2015 21:05 rsoultin wrote:
super, you played well, no worries

i'm looking forward to playing with you when we're both town again ^^


Thanks, but I could have played better. Always looking to improve for next game.
Minimal effort.
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
February 25 2015 12:14 GMT
#4183
GGs everyone. WP town.
Get rekt scumteam.....especially you Ras-pew-tin hehe but seriously massive improved scumgame m'lady!

I'm sorry I was total shite this game.

GG WP Ritoky. I'm sorry (but not sorry) I tunnelled you all game.
Congrats again on getting married!
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:14 GMT
#4184
On February 25 2015 21:07 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:01 rsoultin wrote:
dude my choice night actions were

kill bh
rb ritoky

...

lol ><

/and/ I'd half-jokingly predicted i'd be shot before that

sometimes being right just isn't as satisfying as you'd think


yeah I looked at the mafia qt, some good moments in there. palmar calling lots of ppl shit, damdred's only contribution being a soul read on me (fk u damd), and ur calling your own death.


eh i'm always shot as town...one game I wasn't was the game I was mislynched in and that was just a turd of a game that I don't really want to get into. it might have been one of my better town games too lol I had 2/3rds of the scum team nailed by beginning of day 2...but hell if I could convince anyone of it ><

(also some super bad play from me, but I've never claimed to be a good town player)

which is just to say, I kinda expect to be shot on a regular basis, so an sk shooting me wasn't that nuts lol
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:16 GMT
#4185
On February 25 2015 21:14 Half the Sky wrote:
GGs everyone. WP town.
Get rekt scumteam.....especially you Ras-pew-tin hehe but seriously massive improved scumgame m'lady!

I'm sorry I was total shite this game.

GG WP Ritoky. I'm sorry (but not sorry) I tunnelled you all game.
Congrats again on getting married!


lol xP don't be mean. i'm just trying to win, too ^^ and I hate scum so some inner part of me was like >> lololol when I was shot cause game so over then lol. slam though with that check. niiiiice
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 25 2015 12:18 GMT
#4186
I need to get people to sheep me more on my cases >.>
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
February 25 2015 12:18 GMT
#4187
On February 25 2015 21:07 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:04 marvellosity wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:01 Superbia wrote:
I wasn't really townreading prplhz when the wagon was on both him and LS. I felt too many townies were divided between the two wagon and I wasn't sure about either of them.

I paid too much respect to the opinions of people who put a lot of time into the game (including rso), and it really fucked up my d2 play (though my d1 play was quite shit as well). Next time I'm going to be adamant about my own opinion. Also, I'm going to pay more attention to rayn's reads if/after he's confirmed town.

I'm not sure this is what you should be taking away really. It's good to listen to other people. Your problem would be (if I go by this paragraph alone) that you were putting faith in someone with a lot of posts and not correctly being suspicious of their motives. Listening to others is dandy, just make sure they're town first


The problem was mostly that I was listening to people because I thought they had put a lot of time into the game, even though I was disagreeing with what they were saying. I agree that listening and cooperating with people is key to the game, but that time put into the game is a wrong metric to follow (it was mostly guilt that I had put less time into the game than others, which led me to pursue my own reads less because I felt it would be unfair).


Some people try harder as town, some people try harder as mafia. People's investment in the game should not be alignment indicative unless they have a very distinct meta that someone who has played lots with them can elaborate on and give reasonable evidence for. Also as town, err on the side of suspicion.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
February 25 2015 12:18 GMT
#4188
I do feel for scumteam on the flavour issue.
Admittedly I'd not have said anything.

Another question, honestly, why is it a bad reason to claim miller D1? I figured as long as I kept contributing and going about my normal town game it should have been fine right? That's actually what I was and I never have been miller.

I mean if I played on til D3 and Slam came out with "blue check hts lynch her now" I'm not sure what I would have done, probably gotten lynched for being terrible this game?

I am assuming Slam would have checked me anyways if I didn't claim but I don't know.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
February 25 2015 12:22 GMT
#4189
On February 25 2015 21:14 Half the Sky wrote:
GGs everyone. WP town.
Get rekt scumteam.....especially you Ras-pew-tin hehe but seriously massive improved scumgame m'lady!

I'm sorry I was total shite this game.

GG WP Ritoky. I'm sorry (but not sorry) I tunnelled you all game.
Congrats again on getting married!


I mean, it was the right call...for a very bad reason initially, then a PoE reason. Right call, wrong reason; doesn't matter you still won

Like if that game had any uncertainty at the point where you shifted from "he's scum cuz extra info" to "oh...he can't be scum, guess he sk!" I think I coulda flipped it, but my chances at winning had passed me by at that point.
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 25 2015 12:22 GMT
#4190
it's not a bad thing to claim miller d1. always claim miller at the start of d1. there's no reason whatsoever not to.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
February 25 2015 12:24 GMT
#4191
On February 25 2015 21:22 marvellosity wrote:
it's not a bad thing to claim miller d1. always claim miller at the start of d1. there's no reason whatsoever not to.

Only if you are the aware Millers.
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 25 2015 12:24 GMT
#4192
On February 25 2015 21:24 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:22 marvellosity wrote:
it's not a bad thing to claim miller d1. always claim miller at the start of d1. there's no reason whatsoever not to.

Only if you are the aware Millers.

... yes, obviously LS, otherwise you wouldn't know
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:27 GMT
#4193
On February 25 2015 21:18 Half the Sky wrote:
I do feel for scumteam on the flavour issue.
Admittedly I'd not have said anything.

Another question, honestly, why is it a bad reason to claim miller D1? I figured as long as I kept contributing and going about my normal town game it should have been fine right? That's actually what I was and I never have been miller.

I mean if I played on til D3 and Slam came out with "blue check hts lynch her now" I'm not sure what I would have done, probably gotten lynched for being terrible this game?

I am assuming Slam would have checked me anyways if I didn't claim but I don't know.


Claiming miller was fine? It's a scum-favored fake-claim, and if scum wants to fake-claim something like that they'll do it early. In a 17-p set-up it's even better for scum since it's reasonable there could be 2-3 millers (and there were 2).

But the main thing I was coming at you for was you saying it was because of marv lol. He CCd Eden in a 13-p set-up where the likelihood of more than one miller was practically nill. Had Eden been serious about the claim (and not bled town) he would have caught us our first scum.

The situations were entirely different, so you justifying the play in this game with Horn of Africa was objectively scummy, and woulda earned my attention if I were town I'm very detail-oriented.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:29 GMT
#4194
personally I do not understand the purpose of aware millers in a game. I really do not. It's just a free thing for town to claim lol ><
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:31 GMT
#4195
like, if I had aware millers, i'd have a conditional scum vig who could only shoot millers, just to encourage them not to claim >> i'm evil like that
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 25 2015 12:32 GMT
#4196
like we had in Carol
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 12:32 GMT
#4197
I loved that set-up lol it was hilarious, especially the 1 mason ^^
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 12:33 GMT
#4198
Well I was right on prplhz d1.

Think rsoul was the best scum player that game.

Dunno about town. Ff played pretty well i think
Zerg for Life
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
February 25 2015 12:33 GMT
#4199
Shout out to FF. The curse is officially broken.
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
February 25 2015 12:35 GMT
#4200
On February 25 2015 21:18 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 21:07 Superbia wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:04 marvellosity wrote:
On February 25 2015 21:01 Superbia wrote:
I wasn't really townreading prplhz when the wagon was on both him and LS. I felt too many townies were divided between the two wagon and I wasn't sure about either of them.

I paid too much respect to the opinions of people who put a lot of time into the game (including rso), and it really fucked up my d2 play (though my d1 play was quite shit as well). Next time I'm going to be adamant about my own opinion. Also, I'm going to pay more attention to rayn's reads if/after he's confirmed town.

I'm not sure this is what you should be taking away really. It's good to listen to other people. Your problem would be (if I go by this paragraph alone) that you were putting faith in someone with a lot of posts and not correctly being suspicious of their motives. Listening to others is dandy, just make sure they're town first


The problem was mostly that I was listening to people because I thought they had put a lot of time into the game, even though I was disagreeing with what they were saying. I agree that listening and cooperating with people is key to the game, but that time put into the game is a wrong metric to follow (it was mostly guilt that I had put less time into the game than others, which led me to pursue my own reads less because I felt it would be unfair).


Some people try harder as town, some people try harder as mafia. People's investment in the game should not be alignment indicative unless they have a very distinct meta that someone who has played lots with them can elaborate on and give reasonable evidence for. Also as town, err on the side of suspicion.


Absolutely. I know this as well, but for guilt-reasons I was unwilling to step on toes. Never again.
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 208 209 210 211 212 219 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 100
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 451
IndyStarCraft 100
BRAT_OK 37
MindelVK 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 29928
Bisu 1810
Shuttle 1452
Hyuk 945
Mini 504
EffOrt 463
Larva 294
ZerO 255
firebathero 192
hero 62
[ Show more ]
Hyun 48
Mong 44
PianO 43
Trap 40
Sexy 36
Killer 34
Pusan 32
ToSsGirL 28
sorry 19
zelot 19
Rock 13
Bale 12
Terrorterran 12
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 6
Liquid`Ret 3
Dota 2
Gorgc9789
qojqva1916
Dendi1003
Counter-Strike
Fnx 570
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1500
crisheroes1112
Liquid`Hasu670
Other Games
fl0m2287
singsing1959
FrodaN1280
B2W.Neo963
Beastyqt656
Mlord418
Hui .233
Liquid`VortiX167
Livibee164
KnowMe131
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King67
Trikslyr33
CosmosSc2 16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 61
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile128
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7831
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 36m
INu's Battles
19h 36m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.