• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:09
CEST 05:09
KST 12:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8260 users

Linux Mini Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 22:13 GMT
#787
On February 01 2015 07:10 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 06:59 Trfel wrote:
On February 01 2015 06:57 marvellosity wrote:
i'm feeling less confident in rsoultin and don't really know where to go with anything, so I'll probably just let other people do things for a while

No, now I can't do my strategy of sheep marvellosity and Holyflare to victory.

I guess it's probably time I actually did something, though.


Yes, please. You have yet to fulfill your rsoul anti-confirmation bias role in any of our games. Unless you're scum and just a lot better at hiding it this game. Then shut up.

What does this mean? Sorry, I don't understand.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 22:32 GMT
#792
Hi Palmar.

Scumreads please?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 22:41 GMT
#798
I guess I don't really see the case on Damdred yet. His change in opinion on Palmar is really weird, but almost everything else he has said seems null at worst. Though I do find it weird that he said he was feeling really good about this game and then vanished.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 22:52 GMT
#804
I see a case on sicklucker. I see a case on you as well. At the moment I see no need to make said cases. I suppose I'm also willing to lynch Palmar.

I'm not sure about Eden1892 and Damdred. Need some more stuff from them.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 23:21 GMT
#822
I'm going to take a break, I'll be back later tonight.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:21 GMT
#838
Ok, I'm back. And I think I finally realized what all you guys know all game long: I've been playing miserably.

Sorry, I will go and re-evaluate my reads on rsoultin and sicklucker.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:39 GMT
#856
I can't explain it, but my general feeling after the events of today is that the scum has a minimal presence in the thread. And we're all just townies arguing with each other.

This game has too many lurkers.

+ Show Spoiler +
And please, before you try to policy lynch me for going after lurkers, I'm still scumhunting and researching. And you can't deny that it's possible that all of the scum are lurkers, in my first game all of the scum lurked for basically the entire game.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:40 GMT
#859
Palmar.

Is marvellosity scum for wanting to lynch you?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:48 GMT
#871
On February 01 2015 09:41 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 04:35 rsoultin wrote:
On February 01 2015 01:20 rsoultin wrote:
Unless it's to avoid a medic save.

Badumdum. <3 you Eden.

Okay, well, talking in circles. Where I'm at right now is despite wanting to give Truffle a chance to break in his new town play, if he doesn't step it up I'm totally behind lynching him today.

FF and Palmar feel more like policy lynches to me.

SL I just don't know about. It's very possible he could be scum but I always think that about him so I don't know. One thing that stood out about me regarding him is he's just not up to his usual mind-fuckery town antics so far this game. I don't know that the rage! based on what his meta said thing is scum SL or just irrational SL.


^ That.

I've questioned him about reading LS town for hard townreading him but it's SL. If you've got a good way to read the spaz, please let me know.

If anything, I like FFs reasoning for voting him best. He's not spazzing the thread much this game.


Actually people read me very well you might be the exception. Ive been town like 8 games now? I have never been misynched thats a pretty good track record. I post without thinking because people always read me right when I do it. + its very fun :D. It usualy takes people a day or 2 to come around tho. Which is why im a terrible day1 lynch

On January 31 2015 07:53 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 07:31 Eden1892 wrote:
On January 31 2015 07:30 Fecalfeast wrote:
Game's been going for longer than 10 minutes and SL has less than 1 page of filter

##vote sicklucker

A++


This is a absolutely terrible read. The only time ive rolled mafia mspaint. I froze up and had a 2-4 page filter day1. Dandred/chezina my mafia partners can verify this. I was super afraid to post early in that game.

I want to scum read ff for it since he was in that game. But he just puts scum on me everygame and im always town. The one time I was mafia he actually laid off me.


So basically, when you are scum, it is really obvious right away. But you are a bad Day 1 lynch because people scumread you for a few days before eventually deciding that you are town.

You're going to have to give up one of these two claims.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:51 GMT
#876
On February 01 2015 09:43 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 09:39 Trfel wrote:
I can't explain it, but my general feeling after the events of today is that the scum has a minimal presence in the thread. And we're all just townies arguing with each other.

This game has too many lurkers.

+ Show Spoiler +
And please, before you try to policy lynch me for going after lurkers, I'm still scumhunting and researching. And you can't deny that it's possible that all of the scum are lurkers, in my first game all of the scum lurked for basically the entire game.


Truffle...

Dude. Why are you so anxious about being lynched when no one is pushing you? Damdred says he thinks you're scum, but all he has about you is the post from way back before you reentered the thread.

Why were you trying to half-ass defend me by saying no one was defending me when the thread was up my ass, yet after most of them seem to be okayish nah you can make a case against me now?

What is the point even of talking about marv and HF possibly being scum together if you have no evidence to suggest that's the case beyond paranoia? Or even to suggest that one might be scum?

Talking about policy lynching is dangerous. I'm fine with pressure, but I just included the spoiler to avoid stupid tunnels on me because I mentioned lurkers. Even if a competent player wouldn't tunnel me for that (at least, by my understanding of mafia), the spoiler provided a useful "just in case" way to make sure I don't get drawn out into a multi-page argument about this post.

I'm not making a case against you. I'm looking through your filter and trying to see why you were being scumread in the first place, and I will take a second look at how you responded to the pressure. I'm going really slowly because I am doing it carefully this time, unlike before.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 00:56 GMT
#886
On February 01 2015 09:47 Holyflare wrote:
why eden?

Sicklucker, please answer this question.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:02 GMT
#896
Sicklucker, you aren't making sense.

You are aware that marvellosity is among the best scum players on this site? And that he is capable of not giving up right at the start of the game? See Imperial Mafia, Palmar was town and marvellosity was mafia in the same game, and marvellosity survived.

Even with that aside, marvellosity would know if Palmar's reason is genuine or not, he is smart. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give up and quit over a falsified scumread.

And even ignoring that, it's obvious that Palmar hasn't been doing anything in this game. So why does it matter if he pressured marvellosity or not, when he is clearly not playing? The only thing that a Palmar lynch has going for it that a normal non-post policy lynch doesn't is that marvellosity seems confident that Palmar is mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:05 GMT
#901
On February 01 2015 10:03 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 10:02 Trfel wrote:
Sicklucker, you aren't making sense.

You are aware that marvellosity is among the best scum players on this site? And that he is capable of not giving up right at the start of the game? See Imperial Mafia, Palmar was town and marvellosity was mafia in the same game, and marvellosity survived.

Even with that aside, marvellosity would know if Palmar's reason is genuine or not, he is smart. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give up and quit over a falsified scumread.

And even ignoring that, it's obvious that Palmar hasn't been doing anything in this game. So why does it matter if he pressured marvellosity or not, when he is clearly not playing? The only thing that a Palmar lynch has going for it that a normal non-post policy lynch doesn't is that marvellosity seems confident that Palmar is mafia.

What is the last thing you ate?

A cheeseburger?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:08 GMT
#905
On February 01 2015 10:06 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 10:02 Trfel wrote:
Sicklucker, you aren't making sense.

You are aware that marvellosity is among the best scum players on this site? And that he is capable of not giving up right at the start of the game? See Imperial Mafia, Palmar was town and marvellosity was mafia in the same game, and marvellosity survived.

Even with that aside, marvellosity would know if Palmar's reason is genuine or not, he is smart. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't give up and quit over a falsified scumread.

And even ignoring that, it's obvious that Palmar hasn't been doing anything in this game. So why does it matter if he pressured marvellosity or not, when he is clearly not playing? The only thing that a Palmar lynch has going for it that a normal non-post policy lynch doesn't is that marvellosity seems confident that Palmar is mafia.


Marvs shit scum dude. I have no idea how his winrate is so high. Hes beat me twice as scum and it wasint him that won the game it was his partner.

Maybe hes good when he trys but thats rare. In pyp he gave up when he got a probe read the scum qt.

He is definitely very good when he tries.

By far the most important thing I said was the last paragraph. I will post it again for you.

"And even ignoring that, it's obvious that Palmar hasn't been doing anything in this game. So why does it matter if he pressured marvellosity or not, when he is clearly not playing? The only thing that a Palmar lynch has going for it that a normal non-post policy lynch doesn't is that marvellosity seems confident that Palmar is mafia."

So, why do you want to lynch Palmar again?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:36 GMT
#910
rsoultin

On February 01 2015 00:17 rsoultin wrote:
Okay, HtS, I stand corrected.

I like where your head is on your reads on me and FF. You get a town pass today.

Rsoultin's stance on Half the Sky was off. It's been pointed out already why the stance is wrong, so I don't feel the need to do it again. I also didn't particularly like Half the Sky's read on FecalFeast.

Then when rsoultin started getting questioned, she blew the first few questions off. I guess that's not completely out of character, but I don't really like it.

And while I still really don't like the way she responded to the questioning, it seems mostly consistent throughout. And I really do like rsoultin's comments on Damdred's read progression on Palmar.

On February 01 2015 05:43 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 05:41 Trfel wrote:
Rsoultin, what do you think of me now? Earlier, you were willing to lynch me.


Earlier all you had were excuses and a post full of nullish reads again. I specifically said that you were trying to change your style, and I'd give you a chance to see if you picked it up. You did. I'm fine with you.

This is the other weird quote from rsoultin. Before this, she said that I seemed suspicious, after this she said that I seemed suspicious. With the same reasons both times.

But that's about all that I see. Nowhere near enough to make me want to lynch rsoultin, since she provided consistent explanations, even if I disagree with them. Therefore, I apologize for jumping on that wagon like I did without checking the support first. Marvellosity and Holyflare did a fine job of questioning, I didn't need to go yelling too.

On a side note, I am really curious. Rsoultin, I've been a member of this forum for three years longer than you have. But you have nearly four times as many posts as me, and we played the same first game. How the heck did this happen?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:45 GMT
#913
Rsoultin, what do you think about sicklucker, given his recent return to the thread and posts?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:51 GMT
#915
On February 01 2015 10:49 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 10:45 Trfel wrote:
Rsoultin, what do you think about sicklucker, given his recent return to the thread and posts?


If there's a vig in this game he should be shot. Actually, a lot of people should be shot, but in all seriousness I don't understand what he's doing even more than I usually don't understand what he's doing.

That he's the only one Palmar is actually fighting with could be significant, but Palmar's so frustratingly unreadable to me, too, I kind of just want to auto-block them -_-

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps you can help me go through sicklucker's filter and together we can get an okay read on him? I'm trying, but I don't think I'm getting anywhere.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:55 GMT
#917
On January 31 2015 12:30 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 12:28 sicklucker wrote:
On January 31 2015 11:16 Holyflare wrote:
I fail to see how a sl that policy lynches marv because he's "great at scum" day 1 decides to town read marv when marv has done...? not much imo

the rest of his list is like wtf other than the robik who literally claimed blue

his ls read is because he's not being wishy washy when he's usually wishy washy as town.....................? what

no idea where batsnacks read is from


Oh this post. You were not in the game but marvs scum strategy last game was the not post. So just him posting holds alot of value.

Last time I pressured marv he ragequit or something. I dont really want to do that again hes a good player


I SAID IT 9 TIMES THAT WAS A POLICY PRESURE NOT A POLICY VOTE. I pressured him he claimed town and we moved on

Sicklucker, what are you trying to say here, in both of the quotes?

"Last time I pressured marv he ragequit or something"
"I pressured him he claimed town and we moved on"

You refer to different games, right? But the way you say this, you never changed the subject, so it seems like you ought to be talking about the same game. Please explain what you are trying to say.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 01:58 GMT
#920
On February 01 2015 10:54 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 10:51 Trfel wrote:
On February 01 2015 10:49 rsoultin wrote:
On February 01 2015 10:45 Trfel wrote:
Rsoultin, what do you think about sicklucker, given his recent return to the thread and posts?


If there's a vig in this game he should be shot. Actually, a lot of people should be shot, but in all seriousness I don't understand what he's doing even more than I usually don't understand what he's doing.

That he's the only one Palmar is actually fighting with could be significant, but Palmar's so frustratingly unreadable to me, too, I kind of just want to auto-block them -_-

I see where you are coming from. Perhaps you can help me go through sicklucker's filter and together we can get an okay read on him? I'm trying, but I don't think I'm getting anywhere.


Sure. Was there anything in particular that stood out to you?

On January 31 2015 12:28 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 11:16 Holyflare wrote:
I fail to see how a sl that policy lynches marv because he's "great at scum" day 1 decides to town read marv when marv has done...? not much imo

the rest of his list is like wtf other than the robik who literally claimed blue

his ls read is because he's not being wishy washy when he's usually wishy washy as town.....................? what

no idea where batsnacks read is from


Oh this post. You were not in the game but marvs scum strategy last game was the not post. So just him posting holds alot of value.

Last time I pressured marv he ragequit or something. I dont really want to do that again hes a good player
Here he says that he doesn't want to pressure marvellosity and make him ragequit. But he has repeatedly said that he wants Palmar to pressure marvellosity because he will give up if he is mafia. I guess he is trying to say that Palmar's pressure will make marvellosity quit only when he is mafia, but sicklucker's pressure will make marvellosity quit as either alignment? I just have a lot of trouble understanding this, and that makes me wonder if his view on if and how marvellosity should be pressured was fabricated.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 01 2015 02:00 GMT
#922
On January 31 2015 09:33 sicklucker wrote:
Like im confirmed town if you know ls's meta. The only scum read on me that makes sense is dandred and its just out of fear

Also this, what the heck? Damdred is scared of something, so he scumreads sicklucker. And that makes sense?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 234
NeuroSwarm 168
FoxeR 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3230
Leta 1555
Bale 57
Shine 18
Other Games
summit1g7059
JimRising 551
WinterStarcraft362
ViBE148
Mew2King14
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta20
• Light_VIP 16
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo558
Other Games
• Scarra842
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 51m
Patches Events
11h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
OSC
19h 51m
OSC
1d 8h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.