• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:07
CEST 23:07
KST 06:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7960 users

Linux Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 01:16 GMT
#4
/in
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 06:30 GMT
#18
On January 30 2015 15:19 Eden1892 wrote:
/IN!!!!!!

player list looks great

On January 30 2015 10:16 Trfel wrote:
/in

Something doesn't make sense here.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 17:35 GMT
#46
Doesn't matter to me either.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 21:09 GMT
#97
Why did Robik claim in the first place anyway? I have no experience in this area...

I'm sorry, roleclaims is something I don't understand in the slightest.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 21:13 GMT
#109
On January 31 2015 06:10 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 06:09 Trfel wrote:
Why did Robik claim in the first place anyway? I have no experience in this area...

I'm sorry, roleclaims is something I don't understand in the slightest.

GlowingBear hard claimed VT in Student V Day 1 which you just played.

And the reason for that is to generate discussion.

I'm not sure if that is Robik's intent here. If it is, then my talking about it is good. If it isn't, it would be nice to know the real reason for why he did this?

I guess, I would think that feeding the mafia a free blue role (even if it is just a named VT) would not offset the benefits of his claim. In fact, I'm not really convinced that he is town. Should I be?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 30 2015 21:15 GMT
#115
On January 31 2015 06:14 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 06:13 Trfel wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:10 LightningStrike wrote:
On January 31 2015 06:09 Trfel wrote:
Why did Robik claim in the first place anyway? I have no experience in this area...

I'm sorry, roleclaims is something I don't understand in the slightest.

GlowingBear hard claimed VT in Student V Day 1 which you just played.

And the reason for that is to generate discussion.

I'm not sure if that is Robik's intent here. If it is, then my talking about it is good. If it isn't, it would be nice to know the real reason for why he did this?

I guess, I would think that feeding the mafia a free blue role (even if it is just a named VT) would not offset the benefits of his claim. In fact, I'm not really convinced that he is town. Should I be?

Because I'm really good at this game and if we lynch who I want to d1, we'll be down to 1 mafia in no time

If you are this good at the game, can't you get us to follow you without claiming first?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 04:31 GMT
#392
Ok I just got Microsoft Word installed, going through the thread and taking notes now. Feel free to ask me questions, though I reserve the right to delay my answer until I am completely caught up (I am slow, this could take a while).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 04:51 GMT
#413
Yeah, no clue why you Europeans stay up so late XD

Though to be fair, I often stay up so late that you guys go to sleep and wake back up and start posting before I finally sleep....
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 05:12 GMT
#422
On January 31 2015 14:09 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 13:51 Trfel wrote:
Yeah, no clue why you Europeans stay up so late XD

Though to be fair, I often stay up so late that you guys go to sleep and wake back up and start posting before I finally sleep....


Truffle bby weren't you taking notes?

How about the part where I said that I'm really slow? And the part where IEM is on right now?

I'll get through the thread before I go to sleep. Just, that may be after everyone else has gone to sleep and woken up again.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 05:17 GMT
#430
On January 31 2015 14:15 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 14:12 Trfel wrote:
On January 31 2015 14:09 rsoultin wrote:
On January 31 2015 13:51 Trfel wrote:
Yeah, no clue why you Europeans stay up so late XD

Though to be fair, I often stay up so late that you guys go to sleep and wake back up and start posting before I finally sleep....


Truffle bby weren't you taking notes?

How about the part where I said that I'm really slow? And the part where IEM is on right now?

I'll get through the thread before I go to sleep. Just, that may be after everyone else has gone to sleep and woken up again.


More curious about the nonsense posting while you're "taking notes".

No worries though truffle-bby...I'm not calling you scum. Yet.

I'm not going to be 100% serious. Shadowing Artanis showed me that there is a lot of room for fun in mafia, too. The serious stuff is coming, don't worry.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 08:06 GMT
#443
Ok, sorry, I've been really distracted with IEM and stuff. I read through the thread twice, but not particularly in depth.

Surprised that rsoultin wasn't willing to read Eden1892's entire post. I guess it's late, and she wasn't expecting to need to play mafia, but rsoultin seems like the player who is willing to read every word of every post.

I understand why Eden1892 says he doesn't want to play as mafia, and his town games are always so short. And posting that isn't just a rant, it's a really good way to seem scummy and not get nightkilled (unless the mafia team is full of complete jerks and they nightkill him in pure cruelty).

I agreed with Holyflare a lot this game. The early pressure on Damdred, the pressure on sicklucker, and telling the other VTs not to claim.

Sicklucker has been acting suspiciously this game, and I'm inclined to scumread him. But I've always had a ton of trouble reading sicklucker. Our playstyles are basically complete opposites, so I have a lot of trouble understanding what he is trying to do, and I often can't understand his logic. Basically, I don't expect town!sicklucker or mafia!sicklucker would be able to answer all of the questions asked to him in ways that would satisfy me. Hopefully sicklucker will get some time to talk about other parts of the thread more, so we can get a better read on him.

I still don't like Robik's claim, and I don't think it makes him confirmed town. I asked a few times for an explanation, and no one really gave one, so I'll just ignore this for now. If it comes down to this in later stages of the game, I'll take another look. Roles, setup, and claims really aren't something I understand.

I'll try to be much more active and helpful tomorrow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 18:31 GMT
#586
On February 01 2015 03:05 Half the Sky wrote:
One more point on Trfel.

Show nested quote +
On January 31 2015 17:06 Trfel wrote:
I still don't like Robik's claim, and I don't think it makes him confirmed town. I asked a few times for an explanation, and no one really gave one, so I'll just ignore this for now. If it comes down to this in later stages of the game, I'll take another look. Roles, setup, and claims really aren't something I understand.


So Trfel, you don't understand claims coming out of Student Mafia where two people claimed, one claim of which brought you down. You came to me after Carol saying you liked my play at the end, where I claimed medic to save myself.

People have also claimed VT in some of the games you have played.

Basically you've had enough games where there's been many claims, or you have observed them.

My conclusion here is that I don't find what you are saying believable.

Ok, I have been in games where there are claims. I have seen claims occasionally used effectively. Sometimes, I know how to use claims. But in what I think are the majority of cases, I don't know how to use claims. I believe I've mentioned this in previous games, if necessary I can dig that up.

I DID ask, pretty sure at least twice, for someone to explain Robik's claim to me. And no one did. My extreme lack of mafia experience (never having played in real life) makes me completely unconvinced that Robik is town based on this claim, and that is not going to change until someone explains this to me in a way that I can understand (or links me a guide of satisfactory quality, or whatever). Or maybe I will end up accepting it because if everyone else thinks it, it's probably right, even if I don't know why. But I don't see how I should be expected to come to a certain conclusion about something despite asking about it multiple times and receiving no answer.

As for my previous post, I intended to convey that I am a little suspicious of Damdred and Robik and very suspicious of sicklucker. Yes, I put a few comments that didn't contain a read, but are you going to scumread Holyflare and Half the Sky for talking about London restaurants? I'm talking about stuff that I want to talk about because I think it's interesting, if you want to talk about it too, then it was a good thing I mentioned it. If you don't, no harm done.

I really have no clue what to make of the Palmar lynch. I don't know that much about Palmar, other than his play is marked with laziness and he plays in bursts of effectiveness.

Really, my stance on Palmar and sicklucker is similar right now. I am willing to lynch them and there is a good chance they are scum, but I don't feel there is much else to say about them. Therefore, I will look into other things for now, and decide on the best lynch closer to the deadline (which I think I will need to leave about 3 hours before.....). I just see no reason to push sicklucker or Palmar at this point, since there is nothing I could say about them that hasn't already been said.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 18:34 GMT
#587
Oh and before you guys pick on me for vanishing, I need to eat lunch and then start carefully reading the game again. And maybe nap, I'm super tired (went to bed at 5:30).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:12 GMT
#600
On February 01 2015 04:03 Holyflare wrote:
and also if it wasn't apparent my case on damdred was a complete joke

Of course. That doesn't mean I didn't like it. Not that I would sheep it or anything, but I liked that something happened, and I found it weird that Damdred started out by saying that the other named VT should claim, and then when he ran into light opposition, he took it back immediately.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:19 GMT
#604
On February 01 2015 04:13 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 04:12 Trfel wrote:
On February 01 2015 04:03 Holyflare wrote:
and also if it wasn't apparent my case on damdred was a complete joke

Of course. That doesn't mean I didn't like it. Not that I would sheep it or anything, but I liked that something happened, and I found it weird that Damdred started out by saying that the other named VT should claim, and then when he ran into light opposition, he took it back immediately.


but what would you expect him to do when countered by so much logic?

Take it back immediately.

I think it's a little suspicious because that means that he either wasn't thinking very much when he asked for blues to claim (which is very bad, see KelsierSC and kushm4sta in Carol of the Bells...), he actually didn't really care if the blues claimed or not (in which case, asking them to claim seems really strange), or he is just a terrible player who rolled mafia (I think we can ignore this option).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:26 GMT
#610
On February 01 2015 04:25 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 03:54 Damdred wrote:
But you aren't misrepresenting palmar

I'm just here so I won't get lynched.

##Vote Palmar
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:27 GMT
#614
Palmar, you are currently leading the voting. Please do something about it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:37 GMT
#626
On February 01 2015 04:34 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2015 04:28 Palmar wrote:
On February 01 2015 04:27 Trfel wrote:
Palmar, you are currently leading the voting. Please do something about it.

I'm just here so I won't get lynched.


Trfel are you not with the program? Sicklucker has 4 votes.

And Palmar you aren't helping yourself doing jack all. Answer my questions please.

What?

This is simply false. Last vote count was 4 votes for sicklucker and 2 for Palmar. Then Holyflare unvoted sicklucker and voted Palmar (3 to 3), and I voted Palmar (4 to 3, Palmar leading the voting). Then I made the post in question.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:39 GMT
#628
On February 01 2015 04:37 marvellosity wrote:
meanwhile let's kill the girl.

the other one.

Looking into it, I'll get back to you on this in a bit.

And please, I use multiple tabs, so just because I'm looking into someone's filter doesn't mean that I won't be constantly checking the thread for new posts (mostly directed to rsoultin).
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 31 2015 19:44 GMT
#634
I have yet to get very far into the actual case presented against rsoultin, but the way she is responding to this pressure seems really poor.
1 2 3 4 5 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O151
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 566
ZZZero.O 151
soO 53
Hyun 53
Dota 2
qojqva2308
monkeys_forever10
League of Legends
Doublelift2337
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4309
Liquid`Hasu633
Other Games
summit1g6143
FrodaN1577
KnowMe352
Pyrionflax197
420jenkins190
Livibee182
QueenE98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick711
StarCraft 2
angryscii 38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Adnapsc2 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 41
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie969
• Shiphtur620
• Scarra449
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 53m
Patches Events
17h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 53m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.