• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6833 users

Newbie Mini Mafia LXI - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:00 GMT
#1492
I'm sorry.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:00 GMT
#1494
I'm sorry, I can't do that.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:01 GMT
#1496
Let's play again sometime, Palmar. You're interesting.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:02 GMT
#1501
Why........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:06 GMT
#1502
I'm sorry, Palmar. Believe me, I didn't throw today away, I honestly thought about alternative lynches but did not judge any of them to be as good.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 00:28 GMT
#1504
On February 23 2015 09:23 zlefin wrote:
Going to sleep soon, will look over the cases tomorrow.
Look who showed up right after the deadline.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 01:22 GMT
#1516
At the moment I am most suspicious of zlefin.

But I'll admit that at the moment, I'm really not liking this situation at all.

I want to blame the hosts for giving Palmar the wrong role PM.

Ugh...... I'll be needing to filter dive everyone still alive (except myself, of course). And then I'll take a careful look at Tere/Palmar's filter, and then Silverarte's filter. Ugh. I don't want to lose at LYLO.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 01:23 GMT
#1517
And The Shining, I agree with jarjarbinks, I think you are tunneled on him. If I find a lynch that I think looks better, I just ask you to consider it with an open mind.

And night kills are WIFOM, it will be hard to make any conclusion at all based on it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 02:29 GMT
#1519
Here's where we stand.

I am town. I am very confident that The Shining is town, and I think that assuming I die tonight, I will need to be willing to accept losing to mafia!The Shining (The Shining, if you are mafia, your play has been truly inspired). If I don't die tonight, maybe I can find some time to reread him, but I will play assuming that I die tonight. Fortunately, we will have at least one very likely town alive for LYLO, so our chances of RNG lynching scum are about 50%.

I think that jarjarbinks is town and that zlefin is scum. The Shining thinks that zlefin is town and jarjarbinks is scum.

This is the perfect opportunity for mafia night kill WIFOM, and therefore at least The Shining and I (Trfel) need to take into full consideration the reads of the dead player. And to be honest, if we can set this lynch before the end of the night, I don't think that's bad. I don't think we will be able to, as we don't have enough time, but that would be ideal to me.

I'm going to go reread the entire thread. I don't know if I am going to case zlefin. While it would be good to case both zlefin and jarjarbinks and see what is stronger, I don't think I have the luxury of that. I would prefer to figure out conclusively which of them is scum, and then they actually won't even need to be cased.

The likely scenario is that one of me (Trfel) or The Shining dies. Zlefin and jarjarbinks will probably vote for each other, leaving whichever of me and The Shining is alive to choose the lynch, so really a case isn't entirely necessary.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 02:32 GMT
#1520
On February 23 2015 08:58 Palmar wrote:
also reevaluate everything in lylo. Don't scumhunt in lylo using what is being posted in lylo, just use whatever was posted in the previous days and go off of that.
I'm quoting this for safe keeping. Palmar is smart, listen to him.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 02:42 GMT
#1522
Here's a really boring answer for now, I'll add more later if I have time.

I am most likely to be town because I have been leading town for most of the game. I have provided many reads, made cases, and always been open with my thoughts.

The Shining is next most likely to be town because he has been constantly scumhunting, making controversial reads, thinking critically, and continued to scumhunt even when the lynch seemed settled on Tere/Palmar.

Jarjarbinks is next most likely to be town because his play has shown indications of scumhunting and critical thinking. I have liked the honesty he has used in his posts.

Zlefin is most likely to be scum because while his play was good in the early part of the game, it seems to have dropped off as of late. His play over the last day was a bit less than remarkable, though I can't scumread him for that alone, of course.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 03:12 GMT
#1525
Again, we aren't going to agree on a lynch tonight. But I would really want to.

And again, I make cases if I want to push something. If I don't see a need to push something, I won't make a case.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 05:43 GMT
#1526
I guess..... Here's what I'm thinking.

I'm assuming mafia is either jarjarbinks or zlefin. I actually think that jarjarbinks has generally seemed to be town this game (for his standards). I can see him thinking through things and analyzing, even if he rarely reaches the conclusion that I would. In addition, he has done some things that seem towny. Notably, he hammered Silverarte instead of voting for me. While it's possible that this could be a bus, I think it's more likely that jarjarbinks is town here.

Meanwhile, zlefin's play has seemed unreliable. He was generally scumread early on, and then I made a post defending him. That post also told him what he could do to make it look like he was scumhunting. Guess what, he took my advice, and since then he has been mostly above suspicion. I feel like his play has died off since then, and my defense of him cleared him when it should not have. Now that I think about it, it's hard to think of reasons to townread him.

I'm looking through zlefin's filter. It's hard to come up with things that are scummy in it. But it's also hard to come up with things that are towny. He seems really careful and cautious (note that this isn't necessarily a scum tell).

In contrast, jarjarbinks's filter shows several scummy things, but also several towny things. In general, his reads and stances are much more memorable than those of zlefin. And that is why I want to lynch zlefin instead.

As for jarjarbinks' decision to vote to lynch Silverarte instead of me, remember that missing that lynch would have put town at 5 player LYLO. In addition, my flip would make Tere look quite bad for pushing for my lynch. If jarjarbinks was indeed scum, one can assume that he saw the votes and voted to kill me instead of his partner Silverarte, and then went to the scum QT and was told to bus instead, so he switched. However, while this would provide strong connections between jarjarbinks and Silverarte, with town at LYLO that might never be an issue. There is definitely a real possibility of a jarjarbinks bus on Silverarte, but I still think that is less likely than a town jarjarbinks voting for scum instead of town.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 05:54 GMT
#1527
On February 19 2015 05:06 zlefin wrote:
I believe that's a good analysis, and would like to hear Silver's rebuttal. Also, if you think it's silver, any idea on who they're working with?
I'm starting to try to think on pairwise analysis to see who looks too in sync.
This quote looks really weird with a flipped Silverarte.....
On February 20 2015 06:11 zlefin wrote:
Like I say, I could see a Trfel/Silver team as a possibility, as I looked over how things were done.
I maintain silver is a great target right now.
I'm suspicious of Tere as well, more suspicious than I am of trfel.
Look at these sentences (all from the same quote, stand alone, I just removed the stuff in between. If Silverarte flips, he is setting himself up for pushing Trfel, taking credit for voting scum. And if Trfel flips town, he's setting himself up to push Tere in response.
This post looks bad

Just a few random thoughts from zlefin's filter. I really think that the scum is zlefin, not jarjarbinks. Jarjarbinks has seemed more like town. There is a fair associative case between zlefin and Silverarte as well (notably how hard zlefin tried to avoid having Silverarte drag him down). Look at how zlefin's read on Silverarte changed. First he was suspicious of her for being inactive, then he gave her a cautious town read (which I feel is unwarranted), and then when suspicion picked up on Silverarte, he switched back to scum reading her.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 05:58 GMT
#1528
There doesn't really need to be a case on zlefin. It's really simple.

He's being extremely cautious. His posts seem to be putting in effort to look towny. He is really cautious with his stance on Silverarte. He's always staying under the radar, seeming to scumhunt but never really memorable. One of those alone is not incriminating, but combined? I think he is scum trying to avoid being lynched at all costs.

I'm going to sleep now. Very interested to hear thoughts.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 16:04 GMT
#1541
On February 23 2015 20:21 zlefin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2015 14:54 Trfel wrote:
On February 19 2015 05:06 zlefin wrote:
I believe that's a good analysis, and would like to hear Silver's rebuttal. Also, if you think it's silver, any idea on who they're working with?
I'm starting to try to think on pairwise analysis to see who looks too in sync.
This quote looks really weird with a flipped Silverarte.....
On February 20 2015 06:11 zlefin wrote:
Like I say, I could see a Trfel/Silver team as a possibility, as I looked over how things were done.
I maintain silver is a great target right now.
I'm suspicious of Tere as well, more suspicious than I am of trfel.
Look at these sentences (all from the same quote, stand alone, I just removed the stuff in between. If Silverarte flips, he is setting himself up for pushing Trfel, taking credit for voting scum. And if Trfel flips town, he's setting himself up to push Tere in response.
This post looks bad

Just a few random thoughts from zlefin's filter. I really think that the scum is zlefin, not jarjarbinks. Jarjarbinks has seemed more like town. There is a fair associative case between zlefin and Silverarte as well (notably how hard zlefin tried to avoid having Silverarte drag him down). Look at how zlefin's read on Silverarte changed. First he was suspicious of her for being inactive, then he gave her a cautious town read (which I feel is unwarranted), and then when suspicion picked up on Silverarte, he switched back to scum reading her.

when did I give silver a cautious town read?
I'm asking because I don't remember doing that; and my point system shows no town points for silver.
On February 18 2015 05:02 zlefin wrote:
Looking through SilverArte's filter, I have a better feel about it; it feels good, but I'm not sure if that's a town sense I'm getting, or just general friendliness, I think it might just be the friendliness, because when I think of specific issues of concern I had with elyas (low overall quantity, lack of originality) it looks like those are still present, though definitely not to the same problematic degree as Elyas's filter.
Silver's definitely feel more helpful, and somewhat contentful. I'd also like to hear other's reactions to this assessment.
Here you go.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 23 2015 17:18 GMT
#1543
On February 24 2015 02:02 zlefin wrote:
I'm not sure I call this a townread; it's a town-favorable impression, which was reducing the prior scum-impression.

It depends whether by townread you mean thinking someone is town, or thinking something pushes someone closer to being town. If the latter, yes; if the former, not really, it looks too neutral for that.
I don't like how you are trying to justify previous actions by saying why they don't look scummy instead of why they aren't scummy. It's a minor wording thing, but you seem to be defending myself by "look, I didn't mess up" instead of "no, I'm town".
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 24 2015 01:03 GMT
#1558
Well. I wanted to die really badly. I'm really busy.

The Shining, extremely well played.

Remember earlier, when I said night kills are WIFOM? I kind of lied. My goal was to make mafia think that I would place the night kill completely on WIFOM, but if there was ever a time where night kill analysis would be useful, it would be right now.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 24 2015 01:23 GMT
#1562
On February 24 2015 10:14 zlefin wrote:
Hmmm, so two of us have to agree on which other one to lynch, as per the rules on end-game votes.
Is that really what it is? I thought that the rule in question only applied if it was clear that it would be that way before the day began. Therefore, I think if we have a 1-1-1 split, whoever gets voted for first is the one who is lynched.

That said, we had better have two people on the same target.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
February 24 2015 01:26 GMT
#1564
So, my intention today is not to defend myself, my intention is to find out which of you is scum.

That said, if anyone has any questions for me whatsoever, I will do my best to answer. You two should be interested in determining my alignment, and if there is anything I can do to help you with that, please let me know.

I'm going to start by rereading the game and taking note of everything that you two did.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 219
ProTech143
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17204
Rain 1539
GuemChi 577
NaDa 23
Bale 17
sSak 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever469
NeuroSwarm209
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
summit1g7339
taco 580
minikerr42
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1075
Mew2King99
Other Games
JimRising 612
WinterStarcraft573
C9.Mang0177
ViBE110
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1015
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream42
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 171
• davetesta29
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo482
• Stunt300
Other Games
• Scarra883
• Shiphtur504
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 56m
INu's Battles
7h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
9h 56m
OSC
19h 11m
Replay Cast
19h 56m
OSC
1d 19h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.