• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:40
CEST 07:40
KST 14:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7713 users

Student Mafia V - Page 99

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 128 Next
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 26 2015 03:55 GMT
#1961
On January 26 2015 12:04 The Shining wrote:
Like I said, I've been wrong before, could be wrong again. This is why I want to see Damdred's case on RSo before making my final call on him. He's a big fat question mark for me right now and I'm hoping his case will either shed light on something I'm not seeing in the scum team of Bresh/RSo, since you two are going at him unopposed, or give me a clearer scum case on him, because I've been toying with the idea of him playing me all game.

RSo yeah I meant to loosely comment on that DP interaction, actually. Filter size isn't neccesarily alignment indicative and yet its been brought up that your filter size is questionable if you were a newbie scum player. It does seem like a hell of a lot but HTS was one of our biggest filters last game, flipped scum. I can't rule it out on filter size alone, especially since some of your filter is those interactions with Geript and DP that seemed to hit dead ends.

I kind of agree with JJB, honestly. It was a good thing to catch, Damdred swapped off pretty fast, but you ran with that one as far as you could go. For me, its a question of why is Damdred under scrutiny for swapping off of one Town wagon to another, sort of similar to how Geript did D1. And you gave Geript a pass. It makes sense at first glance but in the full game context, its not as consistent as I've seen you be.


I initially gave geript a pass and then started suspecting him again when he reacted to trfel's red-check. It's in my filter somewhere I'm sure. I don't find it impossible for scum to switch from one town wagon to another if it makes a player look bad to be on a wagon that flipped town.

Like I don't 100% agree that only town would move off a town wagon, but DP was right that the vote was close. I'm not sure if it wasn't just because I'm obstinate and they were both town, though.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 26 2015 05:07 GMT
#1962
On January 26 2015 12:43 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 11:54 DarthPunk wrote:
I want to lynch breshke today.

The vote yesterday being so close and contested like that is far far far more likely to come from a town/scum wagon than two town wagons. If yesterday is town/town I don;t see mafia bothering to contest it.
I don't see why scum!Damdred tries to shenanigan off Town!LM onto Town!breshe as scum. It doesn't make sense. I don;t care what bullshit Rso and Breshe try to sell you.

Also this vote count is pretty fucking damning:

On January 25 2015 06:59 Half the Sky wrote:
Day 3: This Final Hour

LoneMeow (4): geript, rsoultin, Damdred, jarjarbinks, Breshke, The Shining
Damdred (0): geript, DarthPunk, LoneMeow
The Shining (0): DarthPunk, DarthPunk
rsoultin (0): DarthPunk
Breshke (4): Damdred, geript, DarthPunk, LoneMeow

Currently, LoneMeow is set to be lynched. Day 3 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

Reminder to make sure to unvote before voting, if you have already voted someone.

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.


On one side is confirmed town LM, Both my town reads and I.

On the other side is scummy Breshe, scummy Shining, and Scummy/townie/??? Rso. along with slam lite WHO SAID HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SWITCHED WAGONS.

The inertia for the lynch yesterday for no good reason. In response to increasingly townie contributions from LM is scum Driven.

On January 25 2015 06:59 geript wrote:
It is a bit interesting thought that Breshke isn't around for EoD when he was here not long ago.



SCUM WANTED TO LYNCH LM and the only way they could do that and save face was to pretend to afk.

On January 25 2015 06:59 geript wrote:
It is a bit interesting thought that Breshke isn't around for EoD when he was here not long ago.



Further the way he is hard buddying Rso since the lynch yesterday is fucking off. Like he hasn't buddied anyone like that in this game and now it is mylo he is pulling out all the stops.

Damdred looks townie since yesterday, and Honestly I don't think geript is capable of this kind of a performance if he is scum. So if you are scum geript gg. We lose.

I don't really buy all that shit with breshke's phone, he hasn't made any of the deadlines iirc and we are in the same timezone so obviously he doesn't care that much about the outcome of lynches. As lynches are the biggest tool for town that looks bad to me.

I actually think breshke could be scum with Shining this game instead of Rso, POE has 2 out of those three and even though damdred says he believes Rso could scum with such a huge filter it is a difficult proposition to come to terms with honestly.

I also hate that breshke is pushing so hard for a no lynch rather than trying to lynch his top scum read. (I'm not even sure who that is at the moment)

##Vote: Breshe

Obviously I have to be flexible with my vote cause it's lylo townies need to consolidate but Breshe is the best lynch today.

He is the most likely to flip scum.

TOWNIES! Lynch breshke with me. or be called bad in post game.



As for RSO it reminds me of last game when people were not scum reading mafia in Imperial because of filter size.

I said basically the same thing in that game as I have been in this game and I should have learnt my lesson.

IF THE ONLY REEDEMING THING ABOUT SOMEONE IS THEIR FILTER SIZE THEY COULD VERY WELL BE SCUM.


...I actually like your case. I guess the problem I have with it is I'm the reason that lynch didn't go through. I know that. I'm also not scum. So that assumes that my two townreads are scum.

##unvote

Just let me think for a bit without all the yelling, please. That would help.


##vote: no-lynch

I want the extra time to figure this out. It can't hurt. I don't actually think there are so few smart people here that we can't figure it out if another town is night-killed.

DP, the case kind of makes sense, but it assumes either I'm mafia, which isn't true and no one has proven, or the players who were AFK were AFK because they were scum.

It's just based on a lot of assumptions and not an actual scum case against a player. Town vs. town lynches can be close, too. I want to really dive the individual players rather than speculate on whether the number of people on each wagon had any bearing on the alignment of the players or not when I was the only one on LM in-thread.

I'll post some analysis here tomorrow night after work. I think it would be good for all of us to do that on our scumreads and try to hash this thing out.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 07:40 GMT
#1963
On January 26 2015 14:07 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 12:43 rsoultin wrote:
On January 26 2015 11:54 DarthPunk wrote:
I want to lynch breshke today.

The vote yesterday being so close and contested like that is far far far more likely to come from a town/scum wagon than two town wagons. If yesterday is town/town I don;t see mafia bothering to contest it.
I don't see why scum!Damdred tries to shenanigan off Town!LM onto Town!breshe as scum. It doesn't make sense. I don;t care what bullshit Rso and Breshe try to sell you.

Also this vote count is pretty fucking damning:

On January 25 2015 06:59 Half the Sky wrote:
Day 3: This Final Hour

LoneMeow (4): geript, rsoultin, Damdred, jarjarbinks, Breshke, The Shining
Damdred (0): geript, DarthPunk, LoneMeow
The Shining (0): DarthPunk, DarthPunk
rsoultin (0): DarthPunk
Breshke (4): Damdred, geript, DarthPunk, LoneMeow

Currently, LoneMeow is set to be lynched. Day 3 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

Reminder to make sure to unvote before voting, if you have already voted someone.

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.


On one side is confirmed town LM, Both my town reads and I.

On the other side is scummy Breshe, scummy Shining, and Scummy/townie/??? Rso. along with slam lite WHO SAID HE PROBABLY WOULD HAVE SWITCHED WAGONS.

The inertia for the lynch yesterday for no good reason. In response to increasingly townie contributions from LM is scum Driven.

On January 25 2015 06:59 geript wrote:
It is a bit interesting thought that Breshke isn't around for EoD when he was here not long ago.



SCUM WANTED TO LYNCH LM and the only way they could do that and save face was to pretend to afk.

On January 25 2015 06:59 geript wrote:
It is a bit interesting thought that Breshke isn't around for EoD when he was here not long ago.



Further the way he is hard buddying Rso since the lynch yesterday is fucking off. Like he hasn't buddied anyone like that in this game and now it is mylo he is pulling out all the stops.

Damdred looks townie since yesterday, and Honestly I don't think geript is capable of this kind of a performance if he is scum. So if you are scum geript gg. We lose.

I don't really buy all that shit with breshke's phone, he hasn't made any of the deadlines iirc and we are in the same timezone so obviously he doesn't care that much about the outcome of lynches. As lynches are the biggest tool for town that looks bad to me.

I actually think breshke could be scum with Shining this game instead of Rso, POE has 2 out of those three and even though damdred says he believes Rso could scum with such a huge filter it is a difficult proposition to come to terms with honestly.

I also hate that breshke is pushing so hard for a no lynch rather than trying to lynch his top scum read. (I'm not even sure who that is at the moment)

##Vote: Breshe

Obviously I have to be flexible with my vote cause it's lylo townies need to consolidate but Breshe is the best lynch today.

He is the most likely to flip scum.

TOWNIES! Lynch breshke with me. or be called bad in post game.



As for RSO it reminds me of last game when people were not scum reading mafia in Imperial because of filter size.

I said basically the same thing in that game as I have been in this game and I should have learnt my lesson.

IF THE ONLY REEDEMING THING ABOUT SOMEONE IS THEIR FILTER SIZE THEY COULD VERY WELL BE SCUM.


...I actually like your case. I guess the problem I have with it is I'm the reason that lynch didn't go through. I know that. I'm also not scum. So that assumes that my two townreads are scum.

##unvote

Just let me think for a bit without all the yelling, please. That would help.


##vote: no-lynch

I want the extra time to figure this out. It can't hurt. I don't actually think there are so few smart people here that we can't figure it out if another town is night-killed.

DP, the case kind of makes sense, but it assumes either I'm mafia, which isn't true and no one has proven, or the players who were AFK were AFK because they were scum.

It's just based on a lot of assumptions and not an actual scum case against a player. Town vs. town lynches can be close, too. I want to really dive the individual players rather than speculate on whether the number of people on each wagon had any bearing on the alignment of the players or not when I was the only one on LM in-thread.

I'll post some analysis here tomorrow night after work. I think it would be good for all of us to do that on our scumreads and try to hash this thing out.


I'm telling you right now we are NOT no lynching. Voting for a no lynch at this point is simply withdrawing from the town discourse.

If you are scum that is fine but if you are town then realize that every townie needs to have their vote on the same target and that target needs to be scum for us to have a chance.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:02 GMT
#1964
I've spent the last few hours looking at Breshke's meta. I really don't see him being mafia. Like there are some similarities to both his town and mafia play, but it looks far more like his town game. How he interacts with the thread and reads seems to be the key to understanding his meta imo. Like his mafia games are practically commentary/summary of the thread and I'm not really seeing that here.

I don't think I want to lynch Breshke.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:03 GMT
#1965
Also, FWIW, the no lynch thing is pretty stupid. It literally makes no difference.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:30 GMT
#1966
Maybe I just read Damdred really, really badly, but I don't think I want to lynch him here either. Like, part of it is a read I got off of HF (which fwiw I got wrong last time I used it), but part of it is that he does actually seem reasonably care free here. If I'm wrong, I might have picked up on something for the future, but I don't really see him as mafia either.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:30 GMT
#1967
On January 26 2015 17:02 geript wrote:
I've spent the last few hours looking at Breshke's meta. I really don't see him being mafia. Like there are some similarities to both his town and mafia play, but it looks far more like his town game. How he interacts with the thread and reads seems to be the key to understanding his meta imo. Like his mafia games are practically commentary/summary of the thread and I'm not really seeing that here.

I don't think I want to lynch Breshke.


Who do you want to lynch then?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:35 GMT
#1968
Like I really, really wish I had a really good read on Damdred. But between skimming Shining back and forth and following rsoultin today, I think Shining is probably a good lynch. Rsoultin, I really don't know. I think I want to talk with her. I still think DP is town, but I'll be reading him just to be sure. I really hate this game; I hate being in lylo. I don't think I've ever won a lylo as town and have always won them as mafia (except once on video). I really hate that everyone's calling me town now. It almost makes it harder to get an idea of how to read people off of it and I feel more responsible to do well even though my record at this point tends to stink. I think the worst part of it all is it has me second guessing every read I've made and every read I'm making so I'm even less sure about where to go.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:37 GMT
#1969
On January 26 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 17:02 geript wrote:
I've spent the last few hours looking at Breshke's meta. I really don't see him being mafia. Like there are some similarities to both his town and mafia play, but it looks far more like his town game. How he interacts with the thread and reads seems to be the key to understanding his meta imo. Like his mafia games are practically commentary/summary of the thread and I'm not really seeing that here.

I don't think I want to lynch Breshke.


Who do you want to lynch then?

Right now shining's my top choice. I need to get back to him. Like there's no usable meta for him really. But I really can't shake the feeling that his posts feel really, really different. I need to do a deep read of rsoultin too, but that kinda scares me b/c 21 pages.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:38 GMT
#1970
Be back in 4-5 hours. Need sleep before I pick my mom up at airport; I'll have a bit before I work.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:38 GMT
#1971
Hey geript. Remember last time we were in LYLO together?

You self voted and afk'd and I lynched you. We were both town.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:39 GMT
#1972
On January 26 2015 17:37 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 26 2015 17:02 geript wrote:
I've spent the last few hours looking at Breshke's meta. I really don't see him being mafia. Like there are some similarities to both his town and mafia play, but it looks far more like his town game. How he interacts with the thread and reads seems to be the key to understanding his meta imo. Like his mafia games are practically commentary/summary of the thread and I'm not really seeing that here.

I don't think I want to lynch Breshke.


Who do you want to lynch then?

Right now shining's my top choice. I need to get back to him. Like there's no usable meta for him really. But I really can't shake the feeling that his posts feel really, really different. I need to do a deep read of rsoultin too, but that kinda scares me b/c 21 pages.


I'm fine with a shining lynch also.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:41 GMT
#1973
On January 26 2015 17:38 DarthPunk wrote:
Hey geript. Remember last time we were in LYLO together?

You self voted and afk'd and I lynched you. We were both town.

Not really no.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:42 GMT
#1974
On January 26 2015 17:41 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2015 17:38 DarthPunk wrote:
Hey geript. Remember last time we were in LYLO together?

You self voted and afk'd and I lynched you. We were both town.

Not really no.


You were smurfing on OMGUS.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:42 GMT
#1975
Meh maybe actually. I thought that wasn't lylo. When you me Rayn and VE all townread each other?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:42 GMT
#1976
Oh then. Yah
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:45 GMT
#1977
Pretend Breshke is town and Rsoultin is mafia. Why not switch? That's a thing that's been bugging me about rsoultin. Like ezpz switch no problems.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:45 GMT
#1978
On January 26 2015 17:42 geript wrote:
Oh then. Yah


Now you got it. D:
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 26 2015 08:48 GMT
#1979
On January 26 2015 17:45 geript wrote:
Pretend Breshke is town and Rsoultin is mafia. Why not switch? That's a thing that's been bugging me about rsoultin. Like ezpz switch no problems.


I don't think that is a very likely scenario.

Personally I think Breshke- Shining or Breshke - Rso are the only options unless you or damdred are scum which I can't believe.

Which is why I think Breshke is the best lynch.

Unless scum!Rso felt that switching would be too inconsistent.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 26 2015 08:53 GMT
#1980
Like Breshke really doesn't post as Katie. He tends to just pick at minor stuff on the periphery.
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4292
Leta 1680
Bale 52
Shine 40
ZergMaN 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 635
Other Games
summit1g7776
WinterStarcraft644
Sick157
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta58
• Letter1417
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2164
League of Legends
• Lourlo1048
• Rush763
Other Games
• Shiphtur440
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 20m
Patches Events
9h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 20m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 20m
OSC
17h 20m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.