• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War195.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10576 users

Student Mafia V - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 128 Next
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:41 GMT
#521
On January 18 2015 17:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:37 jarjarbinks wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:32 geript wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Honestly what are the coaches doing nowdays? The amount of meta arguments in this game is Literally. Blowing. My. Mind.

I think people aren't using coaches as much as I've seen in the past. I know they're criminally underused in general. I also think that some coaches probably should be coaching. I'm honestly not sure I should be coaching; I'm not sure I'm good enough.


Nah you are good now. Like 6 months to a year ago no way.


How long have you guys played this game?!

Looks like 2 years


Dang. I don't want to play you ever if your mafia lol
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 08:41 GMT
#522
Why is rsoultin red?
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 08:42 GMT
#523
On January 18 2015 17:39 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 17:37 jarjarbinks wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:34 DarthPunk wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:32 geript wrote:
On January 18 2015 17:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Honestly what are the coaches doing nowdays? The amount of meta arguments in this game is Literally. Blowing. My. Mind.

I think people aren't using coaches as much as I've seen in the past. I know they're criminally underused in general. I also think that some coaches probably should be coaching. I'm honestly not sure I should be coaching; I'm not sure I'm good enough.


Nah you are good now. Like 6 months to a year ago no way.


How long have you guys played this game?!

Looks like 2 years


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/353315-newbie-mini-mafia-xxii Two and a half for me.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 08:44 GMT
#524
Holy Shit!!! Keirathi. I miss playing with him. I was so sad when I townread him in the Greymist game only to find out he was already dead. I was devastated.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:46 GMT
#525
lol she might not like me for that one. She can get fixated at times and generally doesn't like it when people straight up lie to her. Carries grudges sometimes. Can get frustrated easily.

To get brownie points for that I'll say she is one of my favorite people to have a conversation with and is pretty funny. Also super smart and stuff! lol
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 08:46 GMT
#526
Look how nice I used to be post game:

On August 10 2012 10:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Well Played town. <3


Golbat: I think that your mislynch was purely down to your indecisiveness in regards to Mordanis. If you are goign to make a vote make sure that you are at least confident enough to not unvote as soon as someone questions you. Overall you seemed nice and I was sorry to see you go.

Mordanis: <3 you were really useful to me this game as my go to scum read. Sorry for tunnelling you but there was always something I could spin. Your reads and thoughts in the qt were a huge improvement from what I saw in the game.

Shady: Gah you were the second most frustrating person this game. Twice it came down to you to simply not switch your vote. With Zork and with me. but you made the right call every time. Well done.

Ange777: You came out of nowhere to carry this game on your back! Easily the best player from zork onwards, but I really didn't view you as a threat before that. I think that the more sure you are in your reads the better you are at arguing them.
I will be very wary of you as scum in the future. (maybe policy NK?)

GoodKarma: You were frustrating for refusing to lynch Mordanis. And then the complete opposite when you were the only player to see my arguments my way. I wish you had been more vocal day 4 maybe then I could have got out of my lynch.

Obvious.660: I would be really interested to hear what the reason was that you changed your mind on me. You had some correct reads early but your conclusions didn't really come out that way. If you thought alan and I were scum you should have pushed it with a good argument.

JingleHell: Your attitude doesn't do you any favors. Although you knew what I was up to when I foolishly tried to defend you If I had just left you be, you would have earned us a mislynch with no effort on our part. You have good reads and ideas but the way you present them actually reduces their value.

aRyuujin: Hey buddy . If it wasn't for ange777 I think I could have turned that lynch around onto you instead. Nevertheless It was great that you became active and I enjoyed arguing with you!

Promethelax: You seem really nice and I look forward to rolling town with you in the Future! Sorry for mislynching you. You should read the scum QT where we plan it out, we are all super worried haha. We thought you were the doctor (which in our eyes was confirmed when you said there was a reason for buddying Keir) and we were all really nervous about actively trying to snipe you with a mislynch. I don't think there was enough to lynch you on and if town were playing that day as they played later it would have been different I think.

Keirathi we thought you had a power role and so your NK was a snipe. I thought it was almost confirmed when you were saved. Because not only did I read you as a blue a Townie did. Turns out that was not the case. Early on you were well reasoned and slow to jump on bandwagons and thus were a dangerous player.

Zorkmid: Zork, I think we collectively made bad decisions, It's not your fault we lost. Alan and I should have bussed you night 2 as soon as we saw that slip. Oh Well. I think alot of the miscommunication (not being in the QT that often) came from Malaysia (alan) and Australia (me) being such different Time zones from yours.

alan: You are really good at this game. It's unfortunate you had such incompetent scum buddies and ange to deal with. You are really smart and were essentially my scum coach this game. GG <3

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 08:47 GMT
#527
Ok I can see how playing with people who haven't played for very long could get you guys frustrated then. Hopefully we all improve in time...lol
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 08:49 GMT
#528
Anywho, I really do need thinks and sleeps.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 08:50 GMT
#529
On January 18 2015 17:46 jarjarbinks wrote:
lol she might not like me for that one. She can get fixated at times and generally doesn't like it when people straight up lie to her. Carries grudges sometimes. Can get frustrated easily.

To get brownie points for that I'll say she is one of my favorite people to have a conversation with and is pretty funny. Also super smart and stuff! lol


xP Nah, it's true. I'm stubborn as a mule. Good to know behind that smile you're not rolling your eyes, wishing I'd shut up, bro. >>
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 08:54 GMT
#530
Geript - Town lost the game in the last Newbie by lynching Jar Jar D3. I was set to be lynched D1 before WW's lynch picked up speed. I'm addressing it because you said I was more nitpicky in that game. I would probably agree with you but the fact is I'm not a fan of D1, never have been. First D1 in my 1st TL game, we lynched a blue role. I still don't really like how that tasted. I'm much better at vote analysis and seeing if people's N1/D2 play and reactions stay consistent.

I'm also not really sure why my argument against the setup is weird. When I read JJ's post, I checked the OP to see if there was a Doc/Cop setup. It took me a few seconds. I found it weird that JJB went on a Google search with this info instead of checking himself. What would stop him from checking all the possible setups when mentioning the setup being the reason he couldn't think of a plan? Only thing I could come up with is him possibly knowing the setup and not being interested in the alternatives. I won't put much weight on anything concerning setups after my balance theory regarding Doc and Vet(which was right btw) wasn't listened to but I still definitely felt it worth mentioning. Putting any thought out there is better than staying quiet any longer.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 08:59 GMT
#531
I'm not sure I'm okay with a Jar Jar lynch today. This is one of the only games I've played with him where he's tried to defend himself and respond to questions on D1. I didn't like his entrance and his posts aren't the best but the fact that he's present and answering questions directed towards him makes me think he's not trying to hide anything, just not really sure what to do.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 09:08 GMT
#532
##unvote:

Lightning is basically unlynchable IMO

I just read every single game he has played on TL and this obsession with meta is something his town play developed during Christmas carol and Newbie LX and was absent from his single scum game.

It's terrible and awful and bad but it probably makes him town which is good to know.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 09:09 GMT
#533
On January 18 2015 17:59 The Shining wrote:
I'm not sure I'm okay with a Jar Jar lynch today. This is one of the only games I've played with him where he's tried to defend himself and respond to questions on D1. I didn't like his entrance and his posts aren't the best but the fact that he's present and answering questions directed towards him makes me think he's not trying to hide anything, just not really sure what to do.


Tell me who you want to lynch and why.

Tell me who is unlynchable and why.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 18 2015 09:11 GMT
#534
I don't get why jarjar being present in the thread and responding to questions means he couldn't be mafia?

Rsoultin said he is competitive so wouldn't he still try if not try harder as scum because he needs to stay alive.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:13 GMT
#535
On January 18 2015 17:54 The Shining wrote:
Geript - Town lost the game in the last Newbie by lynching Jar Jar D3. I was set to be lynched D1 before WW's lynch picked up speed. I'm addressing it because you said I was more nitpicky in that game. I would probably agree with you but the fact is I'm not a fan of D1, never have been. First D1 in my 1st TL game, we lynched a blue role. I still don't really like how that tasted. I'm much better at vote analysis and seeing if people's N1/D2 play and reactions stay consistent.

I'm also not really sure why my argument against the setup is weird. When I read JJ's post, I checked the OP to see if there was a Doc/Cop setup. It took me a few seconds. I found it weird that JJB went on a Google search with this info instead of checking himself. What would stop him from checking all the possible setups when mentioning the setup being the reason he couldn't think of a plan? Only thing I could come up with is him possibly knowing the setup and not being interested in the alternatives. I won't put much weight on anything concerning setups after my balance theory regarding Doc and Vet(which was right btw) wasn't listened to but I still definitely felt it worth mentioning. Putting any thought out there is better than staying quiet any longer.


Ya I didn't address this lol This will probably make me look kind of bad. I actually did read the 3 different types of town roles... lol I initially went there before I did the analysis on the whole no lynch thing (I can send you a link for it if I figure out how to do that with excel!) I looked back today and saw that cop/medic is really a thing lol. I could see why Shining and Rsoultin would scum me on this, because it definitely was pretty bad that I went off thinking that cop and medic couldn't be a role after literally reading the three roles lol

I don't see how Shining picking up on the cop/medic thing makes him mafia. His BS meter probably just went off because he read the rules before the game started.

The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 09:17 GMT
#536
DP - You asked the people town reading LS to give you a better idea of why we got those reads. I looked back into his filter and realized a bit of it is fear and being weary from my last game. I did say I lost count of how many times I saw meta in his filter and seeing Geript and you attack newbies using meta made me certain there was a reason I found it odd. As LS posted more, the gaps in between useful posts actually posting suspicions, reads and questioning others became wider.

I read over your case on him and I do agree with one thing. He doesn't have genuine reads. He sheeped off of RSo last game and apparently looked to do so this game by asking for her early in the thread. I mentioned in the newbie game he did that same sheeping in the last Student Mafia with batsnacks. I was convinced he was scum last game, as he was in the last Student Mafia, but he flipped VT. It leaves me 50/50 on what he'll flip this time. I don't think he's my top lynch candidate yet, but I think I can be convinced depending on his defense.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:18 GMT
#537
On January 18 2015 18:11 Breshke wrote:
I don't get why jarjar being present in the thread and responding to questions means he couldn't be mafia?

Rsoultin said he is competitive so wouldn't he still try if not try harder as scum because he needs to stay alive.


Good question on the being present in the thread and responding to questions thing. I feel like that is generally something everyone does?

I would disagree with this, at least from my limited experience. At least based on my only game, if town mislynches town 3 times then town is equally screwed as long as medic doesn't save anyone. My last game we had 3 straight mislynches and we were done. I think this game has the same number of players.

jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 09:20 GMT
#538
I'm sure there will be some more questions when I wake up tomorrow. I'll try to answer them and piece together something of substance for us before voting time.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 09:28 GMT
#539
Breshke - IMO, scum like to redirect and ignore questions. Jar Jar has been answering as best he can, even going so far as to answer Geript's color/animal question, instead of questioning it. He's determined to prove his innocence and although that could be either a town or scum move, I'm willing to give him BoD(benefit of doubt) D1. I also didn't say he couldn't be mafia, just that I felt he had nothing to hide. He's defending himself but I don't see him going berserk freaking out over once again being in the hotseat. Every time I've seen this attitude taken, I've seen him mislynched. If I were to lynch him, it'd be depending on his vote today and play D2.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 09:45 GMT
#540
DP -

Unlynchable -
Geript - He's broken his 10 post limit, he really is helping Town and some of his questioning follows some of my trains of thoughts. I don't like lurkers and someone else who doesn't and is willing to pressure them seems Townie to me. The fact that I'm perceived as a lurker for coming in late is just something I'll have to swallow.
DP- A good filter. You're analyzing and picking apart everyone's posts and suspicions on everything with no discrimination, which shows me you're trying to piece this game together and not sparing any feelings. You're also directly pushing people into the spotlight with questions and promoting conversation. Town can't afford to lose that.

Who I want to lynch:
LoneMeow - Lurker lynch/policy lynch. It's unfortunate but there always seems to be one or more scum members in every game that lurk or straight up AFK. In my 1 game of experience here(I KNOW, RIGHT?! So experience), 1 of the scum team members ended up being replaced for AFK so I know it isn't impossible. The few posts I saw were decent questions but nothing really stood out.
GB - Refer to my read leaning scum on GB. GB has posted nothing since and I'd lynch for a lack of response to explanations for the driveby reads with only a few short explanations. It seem haphazardly thrown together, not thought out at all.

Everyone else I've either gave reads on, am just now starting to feel out in the thread(Breshke) or want to see more from before I make a strong decision. This is all still a learning experience for me and I'd like to finally be right on a scum flip, for once.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33106
Calm 5220
Bisu 2588
Jaedong 1100
Horang2 608
BeSt 471
Rush 423
Larva 406
Soma 391
Stork 342
[ Show more ]
Light 254
Snow 182
ZerO 169
Zeus 160
Free 116
Mind 109
910 106
Barracks 79
Liquid`Ret 63
Killer 42
Hyun 40
Shinee 35
Trap 34
ToSsGirL 31
Terrorterran 29
Bale 23
sorry 22
Aegong 21
Rock 19
Hm[arnc] 19
Sexy 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8187
XaKoH 409
Counter-Strike
fl0m4546
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes568
Other Games
singsing2315
hiko930
B2W.Neo618
Mlord342
mouzStarbuck225
DeMusliM200
Livibee178
Hui .176
FrodaN164
RotterdaM106
Trikslyr84
QueenE79
KnowMe63
Mew2King54
ZerO(Twitch)16
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile1127
• Dystopia_ 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3952
• Jankos2472
• TFBlade753
Other Games
• Shiphtur643
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 16m
Big Brain Bouts
18h 16m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
Patches Events
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.