• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:37
CEST 04:37
KST 11:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10162 users

Student Mafia V - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 128 Next
The Shining
Profile Joined December 2014
United States2406 Posts
January 18 2015 09:49 GMT
#541
It seems bed is the recurring theme here so I'll be off to bed myself. I get to work about 2 hours before EoD, I'll be catching up on everything and voting then. Night y'all.
Always and Never are two words you should always remember never to say.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:06 GMT
#542
On January 18 2015 18:17 The Shining wrote:
DP - You asked the people town reading LS to give you a better idea of why we got those reads. I looked back into his filter and realized a bit of it is fear and being weary from my last game. I did say I lost count of how many times I saw meta in his filter and seeing Geript and you attack newbies using meta made me certain there was a reason I found it odd. As LS posted more, the gaps in between useful posts actually posting suspicions, reads and questioning others became wider.

I read over your case on him and I do agree with one thing. He doesn't have genuine reads. He sheeped off of RSo last game and apparently looked to do so this game by asking for her early in the thread. I mentioned in the newbie game he did that same sheeping in the last Student Mafia with batsnacks. I was convinced he was scum last game, as he was in the last Student Mafia, but he flipped VT. It leaves me 50/50 on what he'll flip this time. I don't think he's my top lynch candidate yet, but I think I can be convinced depending on his defense.


Hmm considering the games of his I read he looks to be pretty likely town in this game so I don;t want to lynch him right now after all.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:07 GMT
#543
On January 18 2015 18:45 The Shining wrote:
DP -

Unlynchable -
Geript - He's broken his 10 post limit, he really is helping Town and some of his questioning follows some of my trains of thoughts. I don't like lurkers and someone else who doesn't and is willing to pressure them seems Townie to me. The fact that I'm perceived as a lurker for coming in late is just something I'll have to swallow.
DP- A good filter. You're analyzing and picking apart everyone's posts and suspicions on everything with no discrimination, which shows me you're trying to piece this game together and not sparing any feelings. You're also directly pushing people into the spotlight with questions and promoting conversation. Town can't afford to lose that.

Who I want to lynch:
LoneMeow - Lurker lynch/policy lynch. It's unfortunate but there always seems to be one or more scum members in every game that lurk or straight up AFK. In my 1 game of experience here(I KNOW, RIGHT?! So experience), 1 of the scum team members ended up being replaced for AFK so I know it isn't impossible. The few posts I saw were decent questions but nothing really stood out.
GB - Refer to my read leaning scum on GB. GB has posted nothing since and I'd lynch for a lack of response to explanations for the driveby reads with only a few short explanations. It seem haphazardly thrown together, not thought out at all.

Everyone else I've either gave reads on, am just now starting to feel out in the thread(Breshke) or want to see more from before I make a strong decision. This is all still a learning experience for me and I'd like to finally be right on a scum flip, for once.


Do you think scum or town are more likely to not think through their posting? why/why not?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 10:10 GMT
#544
I just realized that Cool getting mod-killed gave us one less lynch to play with...
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 18 2015 12:24 GMT
#545
Yeah its fairly shit isnt it.


[b]##Vote:JJB/b]
I still think this would be the lynch today even thoughpeople familiar with him seem to disagree
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 18 2015 12:26 GMT
#546
Ffs

##Vote:JJB

Currently id also be down for a GB lynch
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 12:50 GMT
#547
Oh, pupil!
You're gonna have a bad time!
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 12:59 GMT
#548
##Unvote
##Vote: geript


I love how you instantly scumread me after town-ish newbies starts scumreading me.

I bet you're mafia.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 13:04 GMT
#549
I'm going to the beach but I'll be back before deadline.
I'm adorable.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 18 2015 13:21 GMT
#550
do you really think geript is mafia for suspecting you? because that seems super retarded.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
January 18 2015 13:40 GMT
#551
Day 1: Current Vote Count

Geript (1): Trfel, GlowingBear
Trfel (2): rsoultin, TheWarWaffle, rsoultin
Damdred (0): GlowingBear
jarjarbinks (1): LightningStrike, Breshke
Breshke (1): GlowingBear, LightningStrike
LightningStrike (0): DarthPunk


Not Voting (7): Trfel, The Shining, LoneMeow, geript, jarjarbinks, Damdred, DarthPunk

Currently, Trfel is set to be lynched. Day 1 ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00).

Reminder to make sure to unvote before voting, if you have already voted someone.

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
LightningStrike
Profile Joined February 2011
United States14277 Posts
January 18 2015 13:50 GMT
#552
I just woke up and DP called me scum and back to town after reading my games as town and shining is calling me scum too............. Also I saw Geript went back his 10 post limit and really is trying to figure out the game so I happy about that. Also since my meta case on Breshke had looked better and I don't think he should be lynched Day 1 as seem to pushing a scum read of his with some decent evidence.
##Unvote
May the next light shine/Former #1 Alliance LoL fan/ Current Teamliquid LoL Fan
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 14:04 GMT
#553
On January 18 2015 22:21 DarthPunk wrote:
do you really think geript is mafia for suspecting you? because that seems super retarded.



It's pretty clear that I said he is mafia not because he is suspecting me, but because he started suspecting me just when town-ish newbies did so.

As the veteran he is, it should be pretty clear to him that I'm not a good lynch today
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2015 14:43 GMT
#554
I'm awake at work chilling and caught up.
Glad you read LS games, he's unlynchable for awhile at least. Meta stuff for him is like crack no matter how many times we say no bad he goes back time and again.
Not sure why be not reading your filter is that bad do, I just don't want to and can't make myself so a bit lazy.
Today I'd be open to lynching jarjar tr maybe GB but that's a bit doubtful.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 14:55 GMT
#555
On January 18 2015 23:43 Damdred wrote:
I'm awake at work chilling and caught up.
Glad you read LS games, he's unlynchable for awhile at least. Meta stuff for him is like crack no matter how many times we say no bad he goes back time and again.
Not sure why be not reading your filter is that bad do, I just don't want to and can't make myself so a bit lazy.
Today I'd be open to lynching jarjar tr maybe GB but that's a bit doubtful.


WAIT

WHAT'S GOING ON????
I'm adorable.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
January 18 2015 15:07 GMT
#556
On January 18 2015 06:51 GlowingBear wrote:
Gonna read the walls of post later.

ATTENTION LURKERS
IMMA GONNA GET YOU!!


You keep going on about this, but never do anything about it. Are you perhaps scum?
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
January 18 2015 15:10 GMT
#557
On January 18 2015 12:11 TheWarWaffle wrote:
Trfel: Beginning the game with a policy vote, on one of the most veteran players, makes no sense from a town perspective. His concerns regarding LS seem odd considering he always posts this way. Indeed, many of Trfel's meta-reads are effectively useless. I don't know why he would be making meta-reads based on the fact that he is playing completely different than his previous game. There is a great deal of fluff in almost all of his posts if one looks close enough... excessive repetition of known facts, lengthening of paragraphs with "purple prose", etc.


How does the policy vote in first post make more sense from scum perspective?

Where did Trfel give meta reads? I did not notice many of those in his filter. Please quote me some.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2015 15:11 GMT
#558
GB reaction is priceless I'd rather not lynch the bear.

And that's what GB does, likes killing lurkers early
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 15:11 GMT
#559
On January 19 2015 00:07 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 06:51 GlowingBear wrote:
Gonna read the walls of post later.

ATTENTION LURKERS
IMMA GONNA GET YOU!!


You keep going on about this, but never do anything about it. Are you perhaps scum?


Like, voting Breshke and saying that he isn't doing what he was supposed to do?

But even if I wasn't doing that. Why am I scum for NOT pushing lurkers?
I'm adorable.
LoneMeow
Profile Joined June 2013
Finland1396 Posts
January 18 2015 15:18 GMT
#560
On January 18 2015 18:18 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2015 18:11 Breshke wrote:
I don't get why jarjar being present in the thread and responding to questions means he couldn't be mafia?

Rsoultin said he is competitive so wouldn't he still try if not try harder as scum because he needs to stay alive.


Good question on the being present in the thread and responding to questions thing. I feel like that is generally something everyone does?

I would disagree with this, at least from my limited experience. At least based on my only game, if town mislynches town 3 times then town is equally screwed as long as medic doesn't save anyone. My last game we had 3 straight mislynches and we were done. I think this game has the same number of players.



A borderline "scumslip"? We don't know if there's a doctor in the setup, so it's interesting that he doesn't consider that possibility explicitly.

Also I can't quite follow the logic.

"X is competitive so he's likely to try to avoid being lynched as scum."
"I disagree, <some mumbo jumbo about how many mislynches needed>."

How on earth does the number of mislynches needed affect the fact that scummers should always try to stay alive?
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 104
PiLiPiLi 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2581
ViBE140
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever484
NeuroSwarm208
League of Legends
Doublelift5780
Counter-Strike
summit1g7081
taco 682
Other Games
JimRising 582
WinterStarcraft294
C9.Mang0293
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
BasetradeTV174
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 117
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP98
• poizon28 32
• davetesta28
• practicex 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1099
• Shiphtur266
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 24m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 24m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 24m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.