• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:43
CEST 15:43
KST 22:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8989 users

TL Mafia LXIX: Carol Of The Bells - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 06:56 GMT
#2147
Ate sit up SL is town and so you are

HF us maya so is foggy so focus.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 07:04 GMT
#2150
Wow

Wowowowowowooww
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 07:11 GMT
#2154
WHAT ARE yOUTALKING ABOUT
HF ISMAFIA THATS ALL

LYBCH HIM
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 07:17 GMT
#2156
vuvax us nafaya

oats us nukll
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 07:54 GMT
#2163
Wow seriously help me

I just threw up. I may breed a hospital

In drinking Gatorade
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 07:56 GMT
#2164
Gonna get to sleep. Although I'm feeling bad m

Se your guys tonirrurv
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 14:36 GMT
#2202
Wooooow.

My head.

It hurts
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 15:43 GMT
#2210
Ok, now that I'm sober (although extremely hangover), and before I continue with the case on Holyflare, I want to say a word about presents. Although talking about the power presents give is useless, there is an important thing about its mechanics that we should consider:

Mafia is unlikely to give presents to town


+ Show Spoiler [Why?] +
They have 66% chance of giving a important power to town. That said, if a mafia holds a present, he is most likely to give it to a partner and not opening it until they can see if the present town holds is the death one.


Town, in the other hand, will give it to anyone day1 and the townie will most likely open it because they have a very good chance of opening a power present.

This means:

If damdred opened a present and flipped town, sicklucker is most likely town.

If ritoky claims he's got a present and that he is opening it, he's most likely town, because mafia would hold it and give to another partner to see if that was the death present or not. There is no motive for mafia to say they will open it, since that, if they open the death present, they will flip mafia anyway, so ritoky's explanation actually looks fair.

That's it guys.

Btw, no mass claiming. It was a bad idea of mine. I've just realised mafia will have problems with so many possible powers against them.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 15:50 GMT
#2212
Rsoultin, here is an example where mass claiming won the game:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/462188-iv-titanic-mafia-it-has-been-a-privilege

So, really, scumreading me for that is silly.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 15:57 GMT
#2216
On December 14 2014 00:52 froggynoddy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 00:43 GlowingBear wrote:
Ok, now that I'm sober (although extremely hangover), and before I continue with the case on Holyflare, I want to say a word about presents. Although talking about the power presents give is useless, there is an important thing about its mechanics that we should consider:

Mafia is unlikely to give presents to town


+ Show Spoiler [Why?] +
They have 66% chance of giving a important power to town. That said, if a mafia holds a present, he is most likely to give it to a partner and not opening it until they can see if the present town holds is the death one.


Town, in the other hand, will give it to anyone day1 and the townie will most likely open it because they have a very good chance of opening a power present.

This means:

If damdred opened a present and flipped town, sicklucker is most likely town.

If ritoky claims he's got a present and that he is opening it, he's most likely town, because mafia would hold it and give to another partner to see if that was the death present or not. There is no motive for mafia to say they will open it, since that, if they open the death present, they will flip mafia anyway, so ritoky's explanation actually looks fair.

That's it guys.

Btw, no mass claiming. It was a bad idea of mine. I've just realised mafia will have problems with so many possible powers against them.



This is obvious. I think my head matches yours...


If that was so obvious for you, why didn't you intervene to disrupt the discussion abou SL and ritoky being mafia?

If that was so obvious, why didn't you say I'm likely to be town for that, considering I am been scumread a lot?
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 16:19 GMT
#2221
On December 14 2014 01:00 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 00:43 GlowingBear wrote:
Ok, now that I'm sober (although extremely hangover), and before I continue with the case on Holyflare, I want to say a word about presents. Although talking about the power presents give is useless, there is an important thing about its mechanics that we should consider:

Mafia is unlikely to give presents to town


+ Show Spoiler [Why?] +
They have 66% chance of giving a important power to town. That said, if a mafia holds a present, he is most likely to give it to a partner and not opening it until they can see if the present town holds is the death one.


Town, in the other hand, will give it to anyone day1 and the townie will most likely open it because they have a very good chance of opening a power present.

This means:

If damdred opened a present and flipped town, sicklucker is most likely town.

If ritoky claims he's got a present and that he is opening it, he's most likely town, because mafia would hold it and give to another partner to see if that was the death present or not. There is no motive for mafia to say they will open it, since that, if they open the death present, they will flip mafia anyway, so ritoky's explanation actually looks fair.

That's it guys.

Btw, no mass claiming. It was a bad idea of mine. I've just realised mafia will have problems with so many possible powers against them.


Nice recant. Took you long enough. I'm not the first one to say no, that's stupid, just one of the first to scumread you for the mass role claim.

You're still ignoring my comment that Mafia is fully capable of fake claiming the opening of a present (and what was Ritoky's main excuse, that it would be dumb to open a present as mafia if it could be the kill present?), claim that he had a KS, then follow through because mafia does have a KS. That said, I'm comfortable waiting to see if he dies tonight, if no one else who was scumreading him Day 1 feels inclined to do the same today because they think he's a stupid (or crafty) town.


I'm not ignoring it, I'm considering probability. Mafia can do whatever they want to do. But it is likely that they do that? I don't believe so. He obviously received the present because I sent it to him. Unnecessary to claim it as mafia.

Also, I know the setup was open on titanic v, but the thing is that a lot of vts died, the probability of we having a lot of power roles alive is high and if we all claim, we will be able to narrow people and discussion. We will narrow our lunch targets a lot.
Anyway, it doesn't matter now because it is a better idea to not claim.

Masons are confirmed to each other, aren't they? Because if they are, we will have another confirmed town without a power role. Do you understand why claiming masons is okay?
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 16:20 GMT
#2223
Xat, mafia gave up on that game because the threat of mass claiming was real. They conceded because of that, if I remember it correctly
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 17:37 GMT
#2238
On December 14 2014 02:19 Alakaslam wrote:
If SL is Mass Murderer he would possibly start with the death present.


Presents are unknown to holders. It's in the OP.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 18:37 GMT
#2243
Make a case on me. You're calling me scum multiple times for things that doesn't make me scum.
I want you to say mafias motivation for things you call me scum for.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 18:38 GMT
#2244
Dude...
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 18:46 GMT
#2249
On December 14 2014 03:42 Tubesock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 03:38 GlowingBear wrote:
Dude...


You also use your part 2 to talk about presents when that implicates KILLING DAMDRED??? You are a scapegoat.


Tube, sicklucker claims he sent damdred a present
Damdred dies and flips town
You can assume it was the death present
Mafia is unlikely to give present to town day1
Therefore, SL is town
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 18:52 GMT
#2253
On December 14 2014 03:45 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 03:37 GlowingBear wrote:
Make a case on me. You're calling me scum multiple times for things that doesn't make me scum.
I want you to say mafias motivation for things you call me scum for.


I've made my case on you multiple times GB. Unlike you I am not under scrutiny. I've explained what I think and why I think it. As for the gut feel that is contributing to it...what have you really done for town? Falsely brought up mass-claiming like that would be helpful. A bunch of jokes. A bunch of partial reads you have to be prodded on. Many promises you fail to carry out. (Your HF case is still unfinished.) Ritoky you were pressuring a little until others started...which, if you're town, why are you pressuring the guy you think is town (cause you're not going to send anything to mafia as town) then flip right back onto HF as soon as others start pressuring Ritoky? There's something wrong about how you're playing, and the scenario with both you and Ritoky as scum works. It is ballsy like Xata said...but assuming that mafia would never play ballsy...lol. If this is the way town thinks, that's the perfect way for mafia to play. Either way its WIFOM as shit.


You're so focused on this matter that you fail to properly evaluate what I've brought for holyflare.
What do you think of the case? Of the arguments?
Why do you think mafia would make a case on one of the strongest players in the game? Do you see ANY mafia motivation behind it?

I thought ritoky was mafia. I reevaluated it after putting more thought on it, mostly when I've realised HF is sure to be scum.

I'm saying people are town based on gut feelings and probability. I have experience with some players here and I feel comfortable after I see some patterns. Like batsnacks, his townplay is like this. Slam also. It's hard to explain why, because it's more of a feeling than logical reads.

I've townread you for the way you evaluated the present thing on sicklucker. I'm still reading you as town. I want you to get out of the tunnel you're currently in.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 18:58 GMT
#2257
Like, rsoultin, in a game with so many players, I have to focus on null to leaning scum. I have to have these preliminary townreads because I can focus on other players.

Triforce isn't looking good, Templar isn't looking good, Vivax isn't looking good, froggynoddy isn't looking good, HF is scum. That's where I'm at. And I want HF lynched. I'll finish the case on him soon. I know I'm promising things and not fulfilling them, but I've been very busy as I said and I'm not feeling well today to really put effort in that case. I may do it later today, before deadline.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 19:07 GMT
#2264
On December 12 2014 08:06 Palmar wrote:
Day 2



Oh wait... that's not snow, that's corpses...

LoneMeow the Carol Singer is dead
kushm4sta the Scrooge is dead
Damdred the Joyful Child is dead
Koshi the Disgruntled Retail Worker is dead
Kitaman27 the Disgruntled Retail Worker is dead





It is now Day 2. Night comes in . Good Luck


Lonemeow: killed by mafia
Kush: visited by Marley
Koshi: killed by mafia
Kita: killed by mafia (3kp already)
Damdred: ?

Do you think there are 4 mafia kp dude? Seriously?
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
December 13 2014 19:09 GMT
#2267
On December 14 2014 04:02 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2014 03:52 GlowingBear wrote:
On December 14 2014 03:45 rsoultin wrote:
On December 14 2014 03:37 GlowingBear wrote:
Make a case on me. You're calling me scum multiple times for things that doesn't make me scum.
I want you to say mafias motivation for things you call me scum for.


I've made my case on you multiple times GB. Unlike you I am not under scrutiny. I've explained what I think and why I think it. As for the gut feel that is contributing to it...what have you really done for town? Falsely brought up mass-claiming like that would be helpful. A bunch of jokes. A bunch of partial reads you have to be prodded on. Many promises you fail to carry out. (Your HF case is still unfinished.) Ritoky you were pressuring a little until others started...which, if you're town, why are you pressuring the guy you think is town (cause you're not going to send anything to mafia as town) then flip right back onto HF as soon as others start pressuring Ritoky? There's something wrong about how you're playing, and the scenario with both you and Ritoky as scum works. It is ballsy like Xata said...but assuming that mafia would never play ballsy...lol. If this is the way town thinks, that's the perfect way for mafia to play. Either way its WIFOM as shit.


You're so focused on this matter that you fail to properly evaluate what I've brought for holyflare.
What do you think of the case? Of the arguments?
Why do you think mafia would make a case on one of the strongest players in the game? Do you see ANY mafia motivation behind it?

I thought ritoky was mafia. I reevaluated it after putting more thought on it, mostly when I've realised HF is sure to be scum.

I'm saying people are town based on gut feelings and probability. I have experience with some players here and I feel comfortable after I see some patterns. Like batsnacks, his townplay is like this. Slam also. It's hard to explain why, because it's more of a feeling than logical reads.

I've townread you for the way you evaluated the present thing on sicklucker. I'm still reading you as town. I want you to get out of the tunnel you're currently in.


I've already responded to your case GB. Your town reads I'm not arguing with, in a general sense. Your points aren't very strong to me. Sorry. I did consider them. An entrance post and a different read on 27nb than vivax doesn't scream scum to me. I feel like you're mostly basing your HF read on the fact that he wasn't killed first night, and going from there. I'm not the only one with tunnel vision.

Yet I am willing to back off you for now to pursue another possible scum, so...-shrugs- We could both be town firing away erroneously, but I still don't think so. I don't understand town giving someone they think is mafia a present, dude...you should want to give it to one of your strongest town reads. You yourself have made this point multiple times.

Anyway, Trfel. What do you think of that push since we're probably not going to agree on this.


Dude, I gave it to someone I thought was null at the time and that I can't properly read, so, if he was town, he would have a power and if he dies, it doesn't matter because it's less one in the game I can't read.

I was going to change the target but I couldn't make it until deadline. That's why my vote is wasted.

By the way, STOP VOTING TUBESOCK BECAUSE HE IS TOWN
I'm adorable.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 32m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.