• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:29
CEST 05:29
KST 12:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8116 users

Student Mafia IV (New/Newish Players Welcome) - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 111 Next
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 15:56 GMT
#1781
On December 04 2014 00:55 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 00:51 sicklucker wrote:
On December 03 2014 23:50 batsnacks wrote:
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.


Were already pretty sure scum voted meat because the whole logic of voting ls was because you and Ls snap voted him. At the very least we know one and most of my town reads voted ls


I'm not sure that scum voted meat so speak for yourself.

Scum did vote for meat.
No gg, No skill.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 15:59 GMT
#1782
On December 04 2014 00:56 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 00:55 batsnacks wrote:
On December 04 2014 00:51 sicklucker wrote:
On December 03 2014 23:50 batsnacks wrote:
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.


Were already pretty sure scum voted meat because the whole logic of voting ls was because you and Ls snap voted him. At the very least we know one and most of my town reads voted ls


I'm not sure that scum voted meat so speak for yourself.

Scum did vote for meat.


I'd wager 1 of them did, yeah.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 16:07 GMT
#1783
I mean unless I'm missing something if meat is scum then vote analysis of yesterday is not that useful.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 16:10 GMT
#1784
If meat is scum it is useless yeah.

if meat is town its still pretty useless, only town really changed.
Basically breshke.

No gg, No skill.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 16:13 GMT
#1785
On December 04 2014 01:10 Oatsmaster wrote:
If meat is scum it is useless yeah.

if meat is town its still pretty useless, only town really changed.
Basically breshke.



If meat is town aren't both scum voting him? Maybe not 100% but isn't that more likely? I would like to think that I made it easy to vote meat if someone wanted to.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 16:24 GMT
#1786
Well yeah, my scumreads dont include anyone on the LS lynch.

Lol but it doesnt directly tell me "xx is scum cause he tried to hammer meat but failed".

No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 16:28 GMT
#1787
K see you guys tmr.

No gg, No skill.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 16:29 GMT
#1788
On December 04 2014 00:22 batsnacks wrote:
I'm not really worried about being lynched tbf. If I get lynched before hopeless it won't be because of mistakes I made. And once hopeless flips mafia I think you'll have an easier time believing I'm town.



I agree with this statement. I would think it odd for you and hopeless both to be mafia, though I think I've said that before. So do you have any reads other than a lurker hopeless and a maybe but probably not meat?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 16:33 GMT
#1789
On December 04 2014 01:29 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 00:22 batsnacks wrote:
I'm not really worried about being lynched tbf. If I get lynched before hopeless it won't be because of mistakes I made. And once hopeless flips mafia I think you'll have an easier time believing I'm town.



I agree with this statement. I would think it odd for you and hopeless both to be mafia, though I think I've said that before. So do you have any reads other than a lurker hopeless and a maybe but probably not meat?


I have lots of reads. "maybe but probably not" is not an accurate way to paraphrase what I said about meat.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 16:38 GMT
#1790
On December 04 2014 01:13 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 01:10 Oatsmaster wrote:
If meat is scum it is useless yeah.

if meat is town its still pretty useless, only town really changed.
Basically breshke.



If meat is town aren't both scum voting him? Maybe not 100% but isn't that more likely? I would like to think that I made it easy to vote meat if someone wanted to.


And normally I'd agree with this, except I'm almost 100% certain of HTS. If he's not town he did a good job fooling the rest of us lol or at the very least a good job fooling me. That leaves you and hopeless, which I already said is possible...but unlikely. It seems more likely that we have a mafia on LS and a mafia on meat. That was what led me to oats in the first place, not because he's been particularly scummy, imo, but because he's not a town read for me yet and he should be by now. Only other option I see is breshke because of the late change, but he had every opportunity of shifting the vote back and didn't, and he was taking the lead on the scum search the entire day with his probing.

If either HTS or Breshke are scum, they've played really well, because I don't suspect them at all, and this late in the game it's pretty easy to find reasons to suspect people I would think.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 16:39 GMT
#1791
On December 04 2014 01:33 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 01:29 rsoultin wrote:
On December 04 2014 00:22 batsnacks wrote:
I'm not really worried about being lynched tbf. If I get lynched before hopeless it won't be because of mistakes I made. And once hopeless flips mafia I think you'll have an easier time believing I'm town.



I agree with this statement. I would think it odd for you and hopeless both to be mafia, though I think I've said that before. So do you have any reads other than a lurker hopeless and a maybe but probably not meat?


I have lots of reads. "maybe but probably not" is not an accurate way to paraphrase what I said about meat.


Okay. You said you agreed with Oats on meat, and didn't Oats say that he didn't think it was meat?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 16:45 GMT
#1792
On December 04 2014 01:39 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2014 01:33 batsnacks wrote:
On December 04 2014 01:29 rsoultin wrote:
On December 04 2014 00:22 batsnacks wrote:
I'm not really worried about being lynched tbf. If I get lynched before hopeless it won't be because of mistakes I made. And once hopeless flips mafia I think you'll have an easier time believing I'm town.



I agree with this statement. I would think it odd for you and hopeless both to be mafia, though I think I've said that before. So do you have any reads other than a lurker hopeless and a maybe but probably not meat?


I have lots of reads. "maybe but probably not" is not an accurate way to paraphrase what I said about meat.


Okay. You said you agreed with Oats on meat, and didn't Oats say that he didn't think it was meat?


I said I agreed with oats on hopeless.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 16:48 GMT
#1793
Okay, fair enough.

So you think meat and hopeless are scum then, but think hopeless is the better lynch because you agree with what oats said about hopeless lurking?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 17:06 GMT
#1794
On December 04 2014 01:48 rsoultin wrote:
Okay, fair enough.

So you think meat and hopeless are scum then, but think hopeless is the better lynch because you agree with what oats said about hopeless lurking?


Yes. I'd maybe add that regardless of what I think hopeless is objectively the best lynch.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 17:11 GMT
#1795
Also if meat is town this game gets crazy.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 17:58 GMT
#1796
Howso?

I mean, I can see a world with meat being bussed right out the starting gate, and hopeless not taking advantage of bussing ls for the cred simply because he is AFK. I can see that being a thing.

But ls, meat and hopeless as scum...all AFK/lurkers? It's possible, I suppose, just seems only slightly more likely than both you and hopeless being scum. I could get the AFK/lurkiness while town is squabbling, but with two scum up for lynch you'd think someone would do something to save their team.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 18:08 GMT
#1797
How does scum save their team when either option is their team?
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 18:32 GMT
#1798
I don't know lol. It seems weird that they'd give up completely though. They still had all three of their players. Can at least attempt something to try to throw suspicion off the third. Hopeless' haphazard question of SL notwithstanding (if he's talking to his scum team or paying attention to the thread at all, he'd know that would be laughed at).

That's the weird part for me. I know it's harder to hide when 1 out of every 3 players is scum, but there was so much confusion and finger-pointing at the end of Day 2 that I don't understand why a buss attempt at all. Can argue that hopeless saw the train and jumped on, thinking it inevitable. Or that so many agreeing on a meat lynch before the day started convinced them. But take me. People weren't feeling good about me at all and I still was able to make a case for LS that people listened to. There's nothing inevitable when you have six townies who are more or less uncertain of most of the other townies, right?

Regardless, policy lynching over a scum read seems like a good way to get burned.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 18:57 GMT
#1799
On December 04 2014 00:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
none of you have strung 5 posts together about how bats is scum, and you post this?

Baffles me man.


Absolutely. We've hit on all the points plenty. RTFT, more specifically page 88, Rasputin's reads, and go to Bats at the bottom of his post. Of course, that's easy for you to ignore, just as easy as it is to say you confused me for LS when you pushed the vote away on me D2. I sense a pattern here.

On December 04 2014 00:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
Also lurking one lynch before lylo is fucking scummy and IRL reasons are not real reasons.


Context - He was lurking before LYLO one and he's still lurking.

On December 04 2014 00:25 Oatsmaster wrote:
In fact, the fact that you even think about trying justify your absence is scummy.

IRL reasons or any other activity excuse are not valid in this game. Do not use those as a reason to not lynch people.


WIFOM at best. People can be uninterested because they are a scum trying to hide or a townie who is lazy and doesn't want to put in the work to find scum. Both have happened, both are possible. Either way, unhelpful for the town, and if there was a vigilante in this game, the conventional meta is to take out lurkers regardless of perceived alignment, but that's not the case in this game.

Hope is policy all the way. It was said multiple times by people D1 and it's true now - policy vote only when there are no other options for scum.

Therefore, a justification for Bats being town is actually in order if you truly believe he shouldn't go.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 19:02 GMT
#1800
EBWOP - The easiest way to support Hopeless as scum when he lurks, if he lurks regularly would be to link to a filter from a previous game where he drew scum.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 207
ProTech145
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2244
Shuttle 1340
Bale 56
Dewaltoss 42
NaDa 31
Noble 28
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm151
League of Legends
JimRising 687
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox692
Mew2King94
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor897
Other Games
summit1g8819
C9.Mang0340
PiGStarcraft319
ViBE58
ArmadaUGS38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP153
• Hupsaiya 132
• davetesta20
• Letter145
• Response 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo747
Other Games
• Scarra696
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 31m
OSC
18h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.