• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:42
CEST 11:42
KST 18:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)34Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9585 users

Student Mafia IV (New/Newish Players Welcome) - Page 89

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 111 Next
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 14:29 GMT
#1761
Oats, let me ask you a few questions. I won't speak for anyone else, but I personally do not understand your position.

First, we're not giving him a free pass. At least I'm not, and it doesn't appear anyone else is either. If we were, then we'd be calling him town. I don't believe anyone at this point has called him town. At least, I'm not.

On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
Hopeless is massively scum.

You guys are giving him a free pass for lurking?
No town lurks this hard when they are almost gonna lose the game.


My problem with the above is that Hopeless HAS cited a RL (work) for his AFKness.
RL is irrelevant to whether someone in this game is town or scum, yeah people can lie, but since EoD D2, he has posted where he will be. I have my doubts.

On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
I really cant believe that you guys dont think lurking is a legitimate scumtell. This late in the game, it is.


To me it is however it's not the only one, and it is not the strongest. I fail to see how lurking alone overrides the scummy behaviour in Bats. If you don't think Bats is scummy, you have not given a counterargument for that, and if you have, please quote it.

Now Hopeless' quote.

On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
Then he tries to push sicklucker by referencing his read on damdred? His points are not even legitimate.
This reads so much like hopeless trying to create a lynch outta nothing.
And for him to be actually doing stuff so he has some content. It sucks.

LYNCH HOPELESS.


To me it doesn't make sense. I understand your point on this. And that's why some of us are putting him on the list, but he's not number one. Bats is number one for all actions cited through the game - not just one post, not just one action.

The above is the only action that you can demonstrate, and Bats's problems are an aggregate from all three days. And I don't understand how someone as experienced as you are can ignore this.

To me it appears you are sidestepping Bats altogether.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 14:32 GMT
#1762
Dudes just lynch hopeless tomorrow. You can always lynch me the next day I'm not going anywhere after how hard scum has been pushing my mislynch all game.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 14:34 GMT
#1763
Not meat anymore bats? What changed your mind?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 14:36 GMT
#1764
Btw I've been afk because I've been too busy wrestling gators to play, do I get a pass now for RL excuses? lol
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 14:37 GMT
#1765
On December 03 2014 23:34 rsoultin wrote:
Not meat anymore bats? What changed your mind?


Meat is fine too I just think hopeless is better.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 14:39 GMT
#1766
Why?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 14:40 GMT
#1767
TLDR version of my last post:

Oats, make a case that one post from Hopeless carries more weight than the aggregate of Bats' behaviour over three days.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 14:42 GMT
#1768
On December 03 2014 23:36 batsnacks wrote:
Btw I've been afk because I've been too busy wrestling gators to play, do I get a pass now for RL excuses? lol


Now you're just trolling. Please.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 14:50 GMT
#1769
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 14:52 GMT
#1770
On December 03 2014 23:42 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:36 batsnacks wrote:
Btw I've been afk because I've been too busy wrestling gators to play, do I get a pass now for RL excuses? lol


Now you're just trolling. Please.


The point is who cares if hopeless has excuses? RL excuses are scummy. There's no reason to mention them because they can't be proven.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
December 03 2014 15:04 GMT
#1771
On December 03 2014 23:50 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.


Okay. So you agree with Oats that meat probably isn't scum then?

I'd just skip the whole voting meat thing, personally, if that's the case. Verifying what we believe we already know seems pointless unless lynching based on the assumption that meat probably isn't scum turns up town instead.

Hopeless isn't a bad lynch. No one is arguing that, I think. But I don't know what new information we could get from a scum hopeless. New information is important, and just lurking isn't enough if you have other options. Just my opinion. I know that you can't really argue much else, though, since you're trying to get out of being lynched. Which isn't alignment indicative. But if you do have reads...something we're not seeing...always willing to listen.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 15:21 GMT
#1772
On December 03 2014 23:14 rsoultin wrote:
Bm? I am really behind on the acronyms thrown out lately.

bad manner.
No gg, No skill.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 15:22 GMT
#1773
I'm not really worried about being lynched tbf. If I get lynched before hopeless it won't be because of mistakes I made. And once hopeless flips mafia I think you'll have an easier time believing I'm town.

Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 15:23 GMT
#1774
Bats, other than Hopeless, who is your other read for scum?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 15:24 GMT
#1775
I've had a bigger game presence than anyone this game by far. Hopeless has had like negative game presence.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 15:25 GMT
#1776
On December 03 2014 23:29 Half the Sky wrote:
Oats, let me ask you a few questions. I won't speak for anyone else, but I personally do not understand your position.

First, we're not giving him a free pass. At least I'm not, and it doesn't appear anyone else is either. If we were, then we'd be calling him town. I don't believe anyone at this point has called him town. At least, I'm not.

Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
Hopeless is massively scum.

You guys are giving him a free pass for lurking?
No town lurks this hard when they are almost gonna lose the game.


My problem with the above is that Hopeless HAS cited a RL (work) for his AFKness.
RL is irrelevant to whether someone in this game is town or scum, yeah people can lie, but since EoD D2, he has posted where he will be. I have my doubts.

Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
I really cant believe that you guys dont think lurking is a legitimate scumtell. This late in the game, it is.


To me it is however it's not the only one, and it is not the strongest. I fail to see how lurking alone overrides the scummy behaviour in Bats. If you don't think Bats is scummy, you have not given a counterargument for that, and if you have, please quote it.

Now Hopeless' quote.

Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:02 Oatsmaster wrote:
Then he tries to push sicklucker by referencing his read on damdred? His points are not even legitimate.
This reads so much like hopeless trying to create a lynch outta nothing.
And for him to be actually doing stuff so he has some content. It sucks.

LYNCH HOPELESS.


To me it doesn't make sense. I understand your point on this. And that's why some of us are putting him on the list, but he's not number one. Bats is number one for all actions cited through the game - not just one post, not just one action.

The above is the only action that you can demonstrate, and Bats's problems are an aggregate from all three days. And I don't understand how someone as experienced as you are can ignore this.

To me it appears you are sidestepping Bats altogether.

none of you have strung 5 posts together about how bats is scum, and you post this?

Baffles me man.

I dont need to say why bats is town, I gotta say why hopeless is scummier.
Also lurking one lynch before lylo is fucking scummy and IRL reasons are not real reasons. In fact, the fact that you even think about trying justify your absence is scummy.

IRL reasons or any other activity excuse are not valid in this game.
Do not use those as a reason to not lynch people.
No gg, No skill.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
December 03 2014 15:25 GMT
#1777
On December 03 2014 23:40 Half the Sky wrote:
TLDR version of my last post:

Oats, make a case that one post from Hopeless carries more weight than the aggregate of Bats' behaviour over three days.

Also, there is no other content from hopeless. You dont see that.
No gg, No skill.
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 15:25 GMT
#1778
On December 04 2014 00:23 Half the Sky wrote:
Bats, other than Hopeless, who is your other read for scum?


It sort of depends on meats alignment, but I think hopeless is scum either way.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
December 03 2014 15:51 GMT
#1779
On December 03 2014 23:50 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.


Were already pretty sure scum voted meat because the whole logic of voting ls was because you and Ls snap voted him. At the very least we know one and most of my town reads voted ls
batsnacks
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
United States4466 Posts
December 03 2014 15:55 GMT
#1780
On December 04 2014 00:51 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2014 23:50 batsnacks wrote:
On December 03 2014 23:39 rsoultin wrote:
Why?


Pretty much what oats said.

Lynching meat is cool too though because knowing his alignment pretty much solves the game. If meat is scum, we hit scum, which is awesome. If meat is town, it means scum voted meat yesterday.


Were already pretty sure scum voted meat because the whole logic of voting ls was because you and Ls snap voted him. At the very least we know one and most of my town reads voted ls


I'm not sure that scum voted meat so speak for yourself.
Prev 1 87 88 89 90 91 111 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1172
Bisu 598
BeSt 376
Hyuk 306
actioN 172
Leta 140
EffOrt 131
Zeus 121
ZerO 84
Light 79
[ Show more ]
Soma 76
Horang2 74
Mind 46
Shinee 46
Mong 41
Killer 35
soO 32
Aegong 31
sorry 28
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 22
PianO 19
Terrorterran 12
Sharp 11
ZergMaN 9
HiyA 8
JulyZerg 8
Noble 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe157
League of Legends
JimRising 379
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1378
shoxiejesuss958
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1749
Other Games
gofns29295
summit1g7736
singsing1453
ceh9602
crisheroes296
XBOCT144
DeMusliM137
ArmadaUGS125
Livibee98
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick536
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream226
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 18
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos1599
• Rush1210
• Stunt426
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18m
OSC
3h 18m
Stellar Fest
3h 18m
OSC
14h 18m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.