• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:33
CEST 03:33
KST 10:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9479 users

Hearthstone Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 01 2014 14:52 GMT
#717
That jrkirby will post without me voting for him, and that Damdred has promised to come back with explanations for his reads later. Not groundbreaking at this point but I'm not backing away from Damdred until he makes good on his promise.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 01 2014 15:01 GMT
#719
I just realized jrkirby is casing Alakaslam because of a misunderstood joke.

/boggle
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 01 2014 15:16 GMT
#722
On November 02 2014 00:04 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2014 00:01 Seuss wrote:
I just realized jrkirby is casing Alakaslam because of a misunderstood joke.

/boggle


Am I a complete buffoon here? What is alakaslam's real opinion on RNG?


The joke is "TL is so collectively bad at mafia RNG is better at finding scum D1". Unless I'm horribly wrong you're casing him for being sarcastic.

Ignoring Alakaslam, do you have another scum read?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 02 2014 20:05 GMT
#1236
Hello again.

The timing of Damdred's vote-extension is scummy as hell. Almost immediately after GlowingBear began asserting that he'd caught Damdred in a lie, Damdred breadcrumbed his role and shortly thereafter that Follow the Rules happened. This play screams, "Shit I've been caught, better use my power to save myself." I'd expect a Town player to expend far more effort trying to preserve their useful power than just blow it on themselves the moment they get in trouble.

On that note I'm suspicious of LordTolkien because of his defense of Damdred. I think there's a pretty good that he's scum if Damdred is. At best LordTolkien is oblivious to the scrutiny Damdred was already under, and at worst he's trying to reframe events to make Damdred's desperate act of self-preservation seem Towny.

I'm a little suspicious of Obiwan as well but it would be pretty horrible play for two scum to come out with the same bad/oblivious "what's the scum motivation" defense when there's such an obvious scum motivation.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 02 2014 23:30 GMT
#1347
##Unvote
##Vote: LordTolkien
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 02 2014 23:45 GMT
#1352
On November 03 2014 08:31 Lord Tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 08:30 Seuss wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: LordTolkien

ohai,

whats the reasoning for your vote


You haven't been scumhunting and you put a concerning amount of effort into defending Damdred. I'd prefer Damdred but you're not a bad compromise.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 03 2014 00:40 GMT
#1385
This looks less like joker and more like faking joker to get out of a lynch to me.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 03 2014 00:59 GMT
#1400
On November 03 2014 09:46 jrkirby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 09:40 Seuss wrote:
This looks less like joker and more like faking joker to get out of a lynch to me.


That's something that occurred to me. But if he were scum, there wouldn't be so many people voting for him. Why is circumstance voting for him? With no chatting in thread either. That sounds kinda like scum trying to finish up a lynch on town not mafia.

Misder is still a jungle panther (stealthed) keeping his vote on him since forever ago before he really started playing. Kinda scummy.

Risk is scummy for other reasons. He's just voting LT because it's the other wagon.


The bolded section is a bad argument at best. Ignore the votes, what in LordTolkien's post history is towny?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 03 2014 14:14 GMT
#1672
On November 03 2014 16:38 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 16:05 jaybrundage wrote:
VE
On November 03 2014 13:25 jaybrundage wrote:
Oats, VE what do you guys think of Circumstance?

I know you posted him as null in your list. Anything to add beyond that?

He's on my list man. I'm going to bed now but he's on my short list of people to filter tomorrow including Oats and Suess.




In more serious news I'm still suspicious of Damdred. ObiWanShinobi made some good points about GlowingBear's notes-based case, but LordTolkien piggybacked on that to try to deflect pressure away from Damdred. It's pretty much the only meaningful thing LordTolkien did D1 before he himself came under considerable pressure.

"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 03 2014 18:01 GMT
#1693
It's pretty hard to believe you were unaware of LordTolkien's scummy list when yours is literally one of five posts separating the two halves.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 03 2014 21:45 GMT
#1708
If both ObiWanShinobi and LordTolkien are scum where does that leave Damdred?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 03:08 GMT
#1798
On November 04 2014 12:07 Damdred wrote:
Oh my, well....thats some odd kills, BH just wanted to kill GB not sure what was going on their unless my case on gb convinced the vig to get gb...

Either way Obi and Jay you both should claim probably since one of you are going to die.


This is a scummy post.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 03:09 GMT
#1801
...
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 03:22 GMT
#1817
On November 04 2014 12:12 Damdred wrote:
Seuss you think everthing I say is scummy probably and keep pointing to me. Its like you are soft pushing a lynch or trying to on me


Let me check off the scumtell boxes here:
  • NK speculation.
  • Instant role fishing.
  • Reflexive ad hominem.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 04:34 GMT
#1914
On November 04 2014 13:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
So whoever made Suess immune isn't claiming, so I have to assume it's mafia-aligned. And while that doesn't make Suess mafia, it doesn't make him look great so a Damdred vote is less appealing immediately. And risk has been just universally impactless the whole game. I like a risk.nuke lynch just as much as a Damdred lynch tbh.


[image loading]
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 04:40 GMT
#1928
On November 04 2014 13:35 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 04 2014 13:34 Seuss wrote:
On November 04 2014 13:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
So whoever made Suess immune isn't claiming, so I have to assume it's mafia-aligned. And while that doesn't make Suess mafia, it doesn't make him look great so a Damdred vote is less appealing immediately. And risk has been just universally impactless the whole game. I like a risk.nuke lynch just as much as a Damdred lynch tbh.


[image loading]

I guess you're claiming that you did it via your role to yourself? Okay, that's not alignment indicative for you then I guess.


Just saying the role fishing going on here is pretty ridiculous.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 22:44 GMT
#2119
ObiWanShinobi, what makes you think Damdred is 100% Town?
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 22:50 GMT
#2121
You can't see it from over the internet but this is my disappointed face.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 04 2014 23:34 GMT
#2140
On November 05 2014 07:53 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
For a better explanation, I see him asking a lot of good questions and his reads are congruent with the goings-on of the thread.

It's simple, but I find it to be effective.

That and I don't see scum Damdred coming up with 8 pages like this.

Who cares though.


I care! I think he's been pretty scummy. Here's why.

First this post:

On November 01 2014 08:20 Damdred wrote:
Sure I'm thinking you could very well be scum right now.

I have a town read on hf, oats, jay right now as well as loan.

misar is a scum lean


When GlowingBear prodded Damdred for reads this is what we got. Essentially, it's an OMGUS + a bunch of random contextless reads. I'm not impressed by anyone's ability to pull names out of a hat, hence why I picked what I considered the most controversial read and asked him for clarification.

To his credit he did clarify, and he wouldn't have gotten more notice from me except for how he reacted to GlowingBear's pressure. It's not the "notes" nonsense that caught my attention but the incredibly selfish use of his vote extension. I talked about this before. In addition he was so concerned about GlowingBear leading a train on him he later said this:

On November 03 2014 07:15 Damdred wrote:
Looking at the votes and the amount of people going afk (GB will jump on the chance) that will give me at least 4 votes and the way votes are looking the easiest path to consolidation is me or Lt.

I'm still catching up busy day at work so far will post thoughts in a sec


From start to finish Damdred was purely concerned with self-preservation. That's not a pro-Town mindset, not remotely.

Following that Damdred deflected off LordTolkien to risk.nuke:

On November 03 2014 08:30 Damdred wrote:
Why should he claim? We have already been over that role=/=alignment I believe right?

I think risk thing about promising to contribute tommorow instead of right now is scummy, if he's been skimming he should know lynch is between me Lt risk so he should be able to give thoughts on the two.

On November 03 2014 09:22 Damdred wrote:
I don't think we should lynch Lt.. I read his scum game on break...not sure at all

risk.nuke is the lynch


Finally when LordTolkien flipped scum this is Damdred's sentiment:

On November 03 2014 12:17 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2014 12:13 Holyflare wrote:
On November 03 2014 12:00 Damdred wrote:
Yea i honestly feel horrible about it now


Don't feel too bad lol


Now that he flipped mafia i feel a bit better but i wish i would of been on him early now....


This isn't a Town mindset. Town doesn't give a damn when they put their vote down on a scum.

D2 isn't any better. He opened with NK speculation and role fishing:

On November 04 2014 12:07 Damdred wrote:
Oh my, well....thats some odd kills, BH just wanted to kill GB not sure what was going on their unless my case on gb convinced the vig to get gb...

Either way Obi and Jay you both should claim probably since one of you are going to die.


And flung mud at me when I called him on it:

On November 04 2014 12:12 Damdred wrote:
Seuss you think everthing I say is scummy probably and keep pointing to me. Its like you are soft pushing a lynch or trying to on me


Then his shenanigans with the least-useful power ever started. I felt like I was watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail watching him dance around the magic word. Again, I'd expect a Town player to just come out and say what the word was rather than cross their fingers and hope scum found the trap card first.

Lastly we can add co-opting the opinions of the dead to his list of scum plays:

On November 05 2014 07:55 Damdred wrote:
That was a bit underwhelming but thanks obi lol.

Though GB said I was town before he died.

Anyway risk do something


I think Damdred is pretty clearly scum and I would much, much rather we lynch him over risk.nuke today.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
November 05 2014 00:57 GMT
#2151
On November 05 2014 09:11 jaybrundage wrote:
@Seuss Regarding your Dramdred case:

What do you think of his GB case? It was his recent big case. Why did you choose to exclude it from your case?

Also I find it odd you say townies don't have a self preservation mind set. A town only knows his alignment. One of a townies biggest job is to prove there own townieness, and by extension not get lynched.


Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a big GB case, just a lot of "this isn't GB's town meta" prior to LordTolkien's flip. The whole GB thing was pretty OMGUS.

A town's biggest job is to hunt scum, and by extension look townie, and by extension not get lynched. There are no awards for being the last town standing in a town loss. Damdred's reaction to coming under a small amount of pressure wasn't to try to hunt scum, push the game forward, or do anything townie, it was to immediately attempt to use his power as a get out of jail free card. That's not the act of someone thinking about what's best for Town, that's someone who's looking out for #1.

"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings93
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm214
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0357
ViBE154
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick700
BasetradeTV157
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 38
• davetesta25
• Adnapsc2 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1190
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 27m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.