• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:08
CEST 19:08
KST 02:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8074 users

Season of the Witch Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 03 2014 01:06 GMT
#41
/inin
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 03 2014 15:48 GMT
#60
so hype
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:03 GMT
#207
On September 04 2014 12:18 gobbledydook wrote:
Because there are no flips this game, I think the oracle proc will be very important in solving this game. As such I think we should make sure that the inquisitor and oracle visit the same target. The reason why I don't think the wraith should visit the same target as the inquisitor/oracle is because the witches know who the inquisitor and oracle visit, but if we make it known who the duo are visiting, then the mafia can't gain any new information. Meanwhile, the wraith can visit other people and hopefully hit the Grandier/Pope.


From N2+ depending on how it goes (still interpreting this setup) shouldn't the Angelic Protection + Oracle visit line up instead? If town makes it clear who is the ideal target to protect before the night falls, it could free up the Inquisitor to start checking others.

Naturally the plan doesn't work if a witch is killed D1, but that's already a win.

Also, the flaw in following this plan N1 is by lining up who is getting checked, they will either be confirmed witch regardless (they won't kill their own teammate obviously) or they're going to die and the inquisitor check is wasted. Not sure if I actually like that.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:38 GMT
#220
God, I just realised there's no way to confirm we have more dead good guys than bad without oracle claiming

If that's the case, I'd still rather have haunt/oracle combine targets over inquisitor/oracle combo. Sure, inquisitors are going to check dubious players, but I'd rather have a checked player alive for the sake of having the confirmed players go up rather than keeping ourselves in the dark for the players who are alive. Am I making sense or am I not understanding something?
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#227
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:41 GMT
#228
(that was at ritoky but I guess it applies to Oats too)
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:50 GMT
#240
On September 04 2014 13:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:41 Sylencia wrote:
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time

Why bother then? Do you think your uninformed posts are useful to town at this stage of the game?


No, because the proposal given is an isolated train of thought that isn't connected (as far as I know) to the rest of the game that is going on. Apparently lurking instead of tryingto expand on an idea when I can't actually do anything else is scummy though so.. ok.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 04:58 GMT
#246
On September 04 2014 13:52 gobbledydook wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 13:50 Sylencia wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:44 Oatsmaster wrote:
On September 04 2014 13:41 Sylencia wrote:
I would, but I'm not reading the actual thread at the moment because I'm at work - I just looked at the latest posts to see what was being said at the time

Why bother then? Do you think your uninformed posts are useful to town at this stage of the game?


No, because the proposal given is an isolated train of thought that isn't connected (as far as I know) to the rest of the game that is going on. Apparently lurking instead of tryingto expand on an idea when I can't actually do anything else is scummy though so.. ok.


wait what
lurking is scummy when did you ever see anyone say lurking is towny


that's not the point that they're trying to make though. Basically the act of coming to the thread to check what's been posted in the latest page because I only have 15-20 minutes, posting something that is related to a proposal which is, or at least seems to be, an isolated suggestion which is not relevant to anything that happened in the past 5 or so hours and trying to expand on that is actually a negative thing. From what I understand, I'm better off posting nothing and not giving any opinion on what was suggested because entry posts are oh-so-important.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:06 GMT
#295
Haru is town. Can't explain in too much detail without souping Haru. I am pretty certain I'm seeing the ideal situation and disagree with Koshi's statement about not seeing the big picture.

Null:
yamato - call out with no reasoning. Impossible to say anything about it
damdred - 1 post
rayn - 1 post
lonemeow - not in yet

I'm extremely conflicted about Oats. I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place. His case against sloosh is pretty paper thin and I disagree with his interpretation of sloosh's posts. My interpretation is that the Oracle, Inquisitor and Wraith do what they think is best in terms of both finding the best time to reveal and expose themselves to soup, and in addition who they target. All of us, including the mentioned roles should (at some point closer to deadline more likely) put in suggestions as to who are the ideal target(s). Obviously we can wait for sloosh to come back to smooth things out a bit, but I feel like Oats is just cherry picking the part that makes sloosh look the worse and ignoring everything around it. Main reason why I'm conflicted is because the way Oats has been playing is classic town Oats and some high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

IAmRobik - pretty townie, can't see scum seeing the gobble grail vote reasoning before being told about it. I wouldn't ever hammer over this alone, but it's definitely a strike against gobble

Gobble is null-scum - Until I think about it later, something gives me a bad feeling about the initial planning post (regarding Inquis/Oracle visiting the same person) - like it feels like a plan to stifle the information we get from the Inquisitor in order to get Oracle views, which I think is pretty average N1. Then there's the case from Robik which I still think is still decent, but as I said, it's not solid enough evidence.

Scum team prediction so far: 1 of the players who haven't posted more than once or twice, oats and gobble.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:07 GMT
#296
Oh right, that whole argument with me is pretty null anyways because everyone likes to slam those posts anyways
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 12:25 GMT
#299
It's not unusual for yamato to do that though
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 04 2014 13:59 GMT
#316
On September 04 2014 21:28 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
high percentage of games (I think) end up with Oats being mislynched D1 because of it -_-

Not true.

Sloosh is just mucking about asking weirdass questions that still hasnt lead to anything.
How is him saying that nothing more can be discussed about setup and then encouraging discussion about setup a good thing???
Where am I cherry picking instead of not bothering to post irrelevant nonsense?

Show nested quote +

I hate the fact he called sloosh and koshi scum without any reasoning - and still without explaining why he called it out in the first place.

Why is calling someone scum without reasoning objectively scummy? I explained it eventually.
Do you disagree with my read on Koshi?
gobble, what do you read someone like him?


I was referring to the part where you quote
I feel like the best play may be just to let people do what they think is best, and then organize things as the game progresses.

But in terms of mucking about, I am going to be honest I haven't thought about that part but I don't really get a scum vibe from his posts from what I've read.

For the second part:I actually missed the post on Koshi (oops), and it's not that it was scummy to call someone scum without reasoning, it's that people asked multiple times and you seemed to dodge. A lot. Until I realised I missed that post about Koshi, then it's not so bad :D
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 00:36 GMT
#495
On September 05 2014 06:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Sylencia says stuff that has nothing to with the game when he has not even read the thread properly.
you just don't give advice regarding the setup when you don't even fucking know the setup (because you say you have not read the thread properly). and taht's what he discussed when he could have been discussing reads.


Who said I hadn't read the setup?
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 04:12 GMT
#514
On September 05 2014 12:45 gobbledydook wrote:
I completely disagree with geript's meta scumread of me. He claims that I am 'commenting on the thread' instead of 'forcing my views on people' and I cannot agree at all. First of all regarding 'forcing my views' I don't have a scumread right now strong enough that I would hard push. It's not surprising given it's only halfway through day 1. I have expressed my reads clearly - I think koshi and sloosh are scum - just not so sure that I would hard tunnel them.

As for 'commenting on the thread', I must disagree as well. I understand what you mean but I completely disagree that I have been a pedestrian. I can only say that if you want to talk about 'staying off the radar' I would think koshi is the worst offender of the lot: He's said nothing at all about his intentions and reads! I don't think I fall into that category.

Because of this completely incorrect meta read, I must retract my grail vote from geript.





Wait, but earlier on in the day you said you disagreed with his read on Haru, but you said he was a good player who won't misuse the power so he should have the grail. Is the fact you disagree on his meta read on you suddenly disregarding what you said in the first 6 hours of the game?

Are you calling him scummy or bad player by doing this?
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 04:31 GMT
#526
On September 05 2014 13:19 ritoky wrote:
List of people who have voted for the Grail:

- geript
- gobble
- Koshi
- rayn
- ritoky
- robik
- sloosh

Everyone else who hasn't voted or given a firm stance on it, needs to weigh in very soon or give a damn good reason why you have no strong town reads nearly 36 hours into the game.

I AM LOOKING AT YOU SYL, OATS, AND DAM. I SEE YOU HERE AND POSTING. OPINIONS ON GRAIL PLOX!


Both you and Robik are town I'm pretty sure, so I'm really not fussed who gets it between the two of you.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 04:38 GMT
#531
On September 05 2014 13:31 Sylencia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 13:19 ritoky wrote:
List of people who have voted for the Grail:

- geript
- gobble
- Koshi
- rayn
- ritoky
- robik
- sloosh

Everyone else who hasn't voted or given a firm stance on it, needs to weigh in very soon or give a damn good reason why you have no strong town reads nearly 36 hours into the game.

I AM LOOKING AT YOU SYL, OATS, AND DAM. I SEE YOU HERE AND POSTING. OPINIONS ON GRAIL PLOX!


Both you and Robik are town I'm pretty sure, so I'm really not fussed who gets it between the two of you.


Huh, turns out no one even voting for Robik, not so sure about geript gettin git.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 13:43 GMT
#559
On September 05 2014 21:10 HaruRH wrote:
I thought the notebook idea sucked so i decided not to use it.
Robik still haven't convinced me he is town yet. I am waiting.
Koshi, stop lying about wanting to post lesser. You know it won't happen and it only makes people suspicious of you. Where is the 'i am the town lord' koshi? Or are you scum?
Sylencia... wtf? Souping me? Are you trying to figure out my role or have you?
Oats... i feel the singaporean from you. We both are confusing for stupid americans.
Yamato -afk lord
Geript is missing. Where is he?

I'm not interested in talk about the rest yet.
Meanwhile, i am ghostly because i am busy. But i will have sudden spikes in activity when I'm free. Start asking me questions.


Just accept I think you're town because I put myself in your shoes. I can only go so deep into my logic without saying too much.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 13:54 GMT
#563
Also ritoky: I haven't mentioned geript at all because nothing in his filter really stands out. His posts about his reads are mostly meta/psychological and there's nothing concrete. This is worrying (for me), but at the moment I'm fine with sitting back and watching geript further.
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 05 2014 13:54 GMT
#564
Oh yeah, I also ##holy grailed ritoky
Sylencia
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1057 Posts
September 06 2014 05:34 GMT
#712
77% sure that claim is fake
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM619
TaKeTV 183
IndyStarCraft 134
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2233
RotterdaM 619
ByuN 292
IndyStarCraft 134
MaxPax 133
BRAT_OK 86
UpATreeSC 41
MindelVK 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3547
Shuttle 837
Stork 474
Mini 404
EffOrt 333
Rush 177
Mind 168
Dewaltoss 101
Mong 81
910 77
[ Show more ]
Zeus 68
Yoon 64
hero 59
HiyA 52
Snow 48
Shinee 47
JYJ 30
Bale 28
sorry 26
ToSsGirL 21
Killer 19
Sexy 12
Terrorterran 12
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc5577
qojqva2974
Counter-Strike
fl0m5059
Fnx 685
pashabiceps477
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby932
Other Games
singsing2392
ceh9598
Beastyqt577
Hui .221
XaKoH 135
Trikslyr75
QueenE52
Chillindude23
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 25
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur307
• WagamamaTV85
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.