• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:57
CEST 15:57
KST 22:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13459 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 83

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 120 Next
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 09 2014 03:59 GMT
#1641
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?


A pipe dream I'm afraid. Although Ace seems to have small fragments of content today Caller just seems weirder and gumshoe might as well be a deaf mute.

I however like to look at the wider picture we still have almost a full day to look into everyone. Tunneling is a great way to lose a game as town and convince yourself someone that is town is actually mafia ::cough:: Jat and Foolish ::cough:: I think a wide strokes approach is good at this point. Maybe not someone necessarily connected with Marv/prphlz but just in general someone scummy like a number 2 if for whatever reason Marv didn't pan out. I agree that prphlz looks scummy in his posts and is getting town read off one situation that does seem townie. I am slightly scared of Marv becuase he looks focused on finding scum seems like hes read up on things which reads townie to me but I've heard that he is very good. Why should he be reading you town VE you keep saying you're confirmed and shit what makes you so damn town cause honestly I'm not convinced from what you've said in the thread and your posts in the QT that austin has linked look kinda like our small interaction in Catastrophe pm where you kinda acted paranoid and blew me off but wanted to get a couple reads out of me demanding them.

7 posts 2 given
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 04:04 GMT
#1642
On May 09 2014 12:59 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?


A pipe dream I'm afraid. Although Ace seems to have small fragments of content today Caller just seems weirder and gumshoe might as well be a deaf mute.

I however like to look at the wider picture we still have almost a full day to look into everyone. Tunneling is a great way to lose a game as town and convince yourself someone that is town is actually mafia ::cough:: Jat and Foolish ::cough:: I think a wide strokes approach is good at this point. Maybe not someone necessarily connected with Marv/prphlz but just in general someone scummy like a number 2 if for whatever reason Marv didn't pan out. I agree that prphlz looks scummy in his posts and is getting town read off one situation that does seem townie. I am slightly scared of Marv becuase he looks focused on finding scum seems like hes read up on things which reads townie to me but I've heard that he is very good. Why should he be reading you town VE you keep saying you're confirmed and shit what makes you so damn town cause honestly I'm not convinced from what you've said in the thread and your posts in the QT that austin has linked look kinda like our small interaction in Catastrophe pm where you kinda acted paranoid and blew me off but wanted to get a couple reads out of me demanding them.

7 posts 2 given

In Catastrophe I was a traitor. I had no inside knowledge of the scumteam, and had no say over the kills. Comparing that game and this game, you'd have to factor that in and understand that it makes me town in this game. I had a TOWNIE perspective in Catastrophe. Look at BH, his first instinct in the game, as traitor, was to form a town circle. The exact same response he'd have as if he were a townie. The difference of course is that the traitor could be recruited in this game and not in Catastrophe, but for the sake of argument BH played this game with a townie perspective too.

Trust me dude. Don't believe what you hear. This is my town-play. I get "I'm not impressed" literally /all/ the time. You're not hurting my feelings bro.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 09 2014 05:01 GMT
#1643
Poof you asked for in thread stuff, and I posted just more specific QT crap.

Look at his conversation with Ace during N1. He's actively trying to figure out what Ace is thinking about stuff, looks to be evaluating that, and coming around to think Ace makes some sense. He follows that by asking Ace about prplhz, who is connected to Palmar, and so VE looks to be like, not only trying to understand what Ace is saying/thinking, but push him to see where it stops (is prplhz mafia then if palmar is mafia, b/c of pardon?). iirc that was the most glaring bit to me where he's honestly trying to figure something out.


Re: who I want to lynch today

Started simple and pared down a list to Caller / Palmar / VA / Gumshoe. My larger option has more people, but more people is bad and there should be scum in there.

VA's D2 takes him off my list for me. He likes Foolishness and Foolishness's reads at that time, later references Fool's D2 reads post when I'm asking him why he's townie on Foolishness and what reads he agreed with. At the very least, that's just a minor thing that checks out. He's offering Palmar and Oats as lynch/shot options, and votes/sticks on oats. Although it looks like he's got cold feet at one point, "its too easy, should we abort", he doesn't move his vote. His initial post after the Oats flip is to assume everyone on Oats D1 is clear. Shows me that he's thinking about the flip, what to do with it, what does it say. I dunno that the conclusion is 100%, but I like the thought to be barely barely townie. Also I kind of liked the recent post where VA asks WoS what I'm pushing, when WoS is saying he trusts marv more than me and wants to sheep him. Just at the very least following along and asking a decent question there.

Whatever.

That leaves me with Caller/Palmar/Gumshoe.

Gumshoe I dunno about. He HAS occasionally posted stuff like his Oats thing. There's a big post on rayn in cell mini, where he just compares rayn's play in cell to a past game. I'm not used to seeing ginormous posts from Gumshoe, and not cases, so it caught me by surprise but he HAS done it in the past. It's still wonky to me that basically the biggest thing he's done is drop a fat case where everything Oats did was scummy, vote oats, and then just afk the rest of the game. The last two cycles only dropping by the last hour of the day (little less than random afking) is ... not lovely. There's nothing meaty to go off of, though. If scum thought oats was gonna be in trouble D2, maybe you have one guy push him to look good later (because Gumshoe so often suspected/mislynched, needs something to get by in late game), but that's only looking at it from a scum perspective. BLAH BLAH BLAH this post ends abruptly and I go to sleep
Fe fi fo fum.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 08:45 GMT
#1644
On May 09 2014 11:46 Tehpoofter wrote:
@Marv I see what you mean about the prphlz thing. Although the fact BH was traitor is the only worrisome part. If he wasn't recruited and scumprphlz doesn't know which side will end up town so he says that initially and then just goes on whoever has the most vote and hopes it the town and not the traitor. Idk I'm not really thinking you're a target for today but I just want it out there for later days if we have to make harder decisions than "which of these scummy people is most scummy?" which is what it feels like to me today.

@austin so the thing on VE that is hard for those of us not in the QT is that is all we have to go off whats posted in the thread. Can you maybe read Ve's filter from just in game and tell me what part makes him town? Like look at it from an outside perspective. I realize I'm using some of the QT stuff and its kinda compounding/confirming what I'm reading in thread maybe I just have confirmation bias. I'll do the same and see where I end up.

@Slam I realize this could easily be wasted but please save this in case we need to do some vote changes or what have you. ##Donate: 2 posts to Alakaslam

yeah, I rescind my townread on you.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 08:50 GMT
#1645
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?

If you can tell me why you're confirmed town or even quite townie, I'm all ears. Go for it.

Because I read the whole fucking game in 2 sittings for this shit-ass town and I'm not gonna get called terrible for coming to a conclusion just because you're butthurt I've called you mafia (no matter your alignment)
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 09:04 GMT
#1646
shit ass-town

Marv this town is great actually, you just don't know it yet.

And good job rescinding that townread on on scum poofter.
Computer says mafia
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 09 2014 09:48 GMT
#1647
On May 09 2014 13:04 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:59 Tehpoofter wrote:
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?


A pipe dream I'm afraid. Although Ace seems to have small fragments of content today Caller just seems weirder and gumshoe might as well be a deaf mute.

I however like to look at the wider picture we still have almost a full day to look into everyone. Tunneling is a great way to lose a game as town and convince yourself someone that is town is actually mafia ::cough:: Jat and Foolish ::cough:: I think a wide strokes approach is good at this point. Maybe not someone necessarily connected with Marv/prphlz but just in general someone scummy like a number 2 if for whatever reason Marv didn't pan out. I agree that prphlz looks scummy in his posts and is getting town read off one situation that does seem townie. I am slightly scared of Marv becuase he looks focused on finding scum seems like hes read up on things which reads townie to me but I've heard that he is very good. Why should he be reading you town VE you keep saying you're confirmed and shit what makes you so damn town cause honestly I'm not convinced from what you've said in the thread and your posts in the QT that austin has linked look kinda like our small interaction in Catastrophe pm where you kinda acted paranoid and blew me off but wanted to get a couple reads out of me demanding them.

7 posts 2 given

In Catastrophe I was a traitor. I had no inside knowledge of the scumteam, and had no say over the kills. Comparing that game and this game, you'd have to factor that in and understand that it makes me town in this game. I had a TOWNIE perspective in Catastrophe. Look at BH, his first instinct in the game, as traitor, was to form a town circle. The exact same response he'd have as if he were a townie. The difference of course is that the traitor could be recruited in this game and not in Catastrophe, but for the sake of argument BH played this game with a townie perspective too.

Trust me dude. Don't believe what you hear. This is my town-play. I get "I'm not impressed" literally /all/ the time. You're not hurting my feelings bro.


@VE So you're saying that as traitor you actually want to play more townie? I really don't understand this logic I mean yes you want to appear town and work the game out but my question is why the town circle thing as traitor? Like for your own benefit? What makes Marv the correct lynch today? I mean aside from he is reading you wrong what if he is just reading you wrong?

@Austin thanks for pointing that out after rereading it I can see that as being more townie of him to do my only issue is that was day 1/night 1 since then I haven't seem the same gusto just a whole bunch of "I'm town I'm town marv misreads me as mafia" I need to reread tomorrow on this.

@Palmer I'm surprised this is the first time you've called me scum today I thought after yesterday it was super clear that I was the lynch (supposedly based on Foolishness' flip but I think you stated town or mafia I was still mafia). What took you so long to call me mafia today?

@marv what made you change your mind on me? Is it because I said I thought you might be scummy based on your predecessor? Like aren't you above that kind of "this guy called me mafia so he is mafia" level of play? What do you think that the moment you call me not town Palmer hops up to agree with you?

@Jat where you at man? What do you think about hte VE/Marv/WoS thing going on, I feel like there is at least one mafia in there (probably not WoS) or a scum team of like some combination of Ace/Caller/VA/gum is just sitting back and laughing today and coasting to an easy victory.

With that point in mind I'd like to hear from VE/Marv/WoS who should Jat shoot today? Should he shoot? I'll go first. I think Caller is my preferred shot because of his lack of interest in the game/ability to figure it out. Ace being a close second because of the way he has interacted with Palmer in that He is scum he is scum he is scum then nvm he gave me Dota shit he must be town. Gumshoe would be a kill you make instead of the mod at this point.

8 posts 2 given
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 10:05 GMT
#1648
On May 09 2014 18:48 Tehpoofter wrote:
@marv what made you change your mind on me? Is it because I said I thought you might be scummy based on your predecessor? Like aren't you above that kind of "this guy called me mafia so he is mafia" level of play? What do you think that the moment you call me not town Palmer hops up to agree with you?


No, it's bang on my level of play. I regularly lynch and kill people pushing suspicion on me for no reason. Apart from anything else, it's enjoyable.

I see what you mean about the prphlz thing. Although the fact BH was traitor is the only worrisome part. If he wasn't recruited and scumprphlz doesn't know which side will end up town so he says that initially and then just goes on whoever has the most vote and hopes it the town and not the traitor. Idk I'm not really thinking you're a target for today but I just want it out there for later days if we have to make harder decisions than "which of these scummy people is most scummy?" which is what it feels like to me today.

This is a terrible, nonsensical way of trying to disprove what I said about prplhz pushing Fool, in a way that just leaves the door open for you to find me suspicious later on, when you should be able to grasp that an unremarkable mafiaplayer like prplhz would never stick his neck out and firmly try to lynch outside of the cop claims.

You've basically waffled some bad, non-existent scenario about prplhz deciding to go for Foolishness and then later go on someone else. It makes no sense - a normal mafiaplayer just goes for the cop checks first without going through a charade. And your suggestion is even more ludicrous in that prplhz said that Foolishness was "100% scum" and listed a whole bunch of scenarios listing how we should lynch Fool. i.e. there was no way he was ever hopping on to another candidate, you should be able to read that, the fact you haven't/don't understand that means you're either terrible or suspicious, and by default I prefer to think suspicious.

Palmar has a sexy beard, of course he's gonna agree with me.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 10:07 GMT
#1649
On May 09 2014 18:48 Tehpoofter wrote:
With that point in mind I'd like to hear from VE/Marv/WoS who should Jat shoot today? Should he shoot? I'll go first. I think Caller is my preferred shot because of his lack of interest in the game/ability to figure it out. Ace being a close second because of the way he has interacted with Palmer in that He is scum he is scum he is scum then nvm he gave me Dota shit he must be town. Gumshoe would be a kill you make instead of the mod at this point.

I have stated repeatedly and firmly, with reasoning, who jat should be shooting, so the fact you're asking me this question is, again, ridiculous.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 10:28 GMT
#1650
I don't 100% agree marv. While I don't mind lynching VE, there is a chance this is his towngame. But I think lynching him over and over again for playing like this is fine anyway.
Computer says mafia
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 10:36 GMT
#1651
I was referring to the poofter thingy, dear. VE isn't really particularly close to 100% mafia to me either, but he seems like the best option to me (note - in my original formatting he was in red, but not bold red. Bold is for when I'm preeeetty sure. I could be making that up but I'm pretty sure it's true if anyone wanted to research my games, which they won't, because it's so unimportant). Could probably yolo-lynch Ace as well, maybe poofter for being silly.

And then there's the fact that VE's pissy vote on me will make lynching him pleasurable no matter his flip.

#invested
#caresabouttheresult
#100%town
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 09 2014 10:40 GMT
#1652
Wow, stuff happened O_O
On May 09 2014 09:32 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 01:20 Palmar wrote:
YO

TOWN

WAVEOFSHADOW IS MAFIA

PALMAR OUT



Can you explain to me why a Mafia WoS sees his partners dying off and decides "I'm going to start trying harder and seem more excited about the game" he had basically the same feel in posting tone that you did where you suddenly got happier because the game was going in towns favor. He goes from sorta defeated to Alright maybe we got this! Why does ScumWoS do this? How is VE/VA/Caller more town than WoS?

@slam/Austin/Jat/Wos/Palmer how is marv's scum game? Cause I had a pretty decent scum read on prphlz but Marv seems really town its hard to think they're the same "person" in the game cause htye seem like different alignments to me. Is marv good enough at scum to look townie like this?

Scum WoS could feel the need to start playing when his team starts losing, right? Seems pretty logical to me. So if WoS is town his spiked activity is not the reason in my opinion.
Marvs scumgame is really good. There are people who disagree but I tell you it is frightening. He is perfectly able to post what he did as scum.
On May 09 2014 10:11 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 09:58 marvellosity wrote:
On May 09 2014 09:50 Tehpoofter wrote:
On May 09 2014 09:40 marvellosity wrote:
also poofter, dunno what drugs you're smoking but prplhz was mega town. He had opinions and pushed stuff and said stuff. That alone makes prp 99% town. You should check out his scumgames.


The good kind of course. The part that stuck out to me was his push on Foolishness the day that Ceph came out. I just can't understand how that is townie. Austin seemed to think so too so maybe I'm just missing it but he seemed to not care at all like he already knew the info. Can you explain why that push was townie? He also was tunneling Foolish the day Oats got lynched. Thats my hold up with him/you because your posts have all seemed townie but he was off to me. I haven't seen his or your scum games though so I can speak to neither and people talk about you being really good so if he was playing bad scum you could be playing good scum.

Also What do you make of Ace's interaction with Palmer? and Caller's "everyone mass claim"? I wish we could shoot both of them tbh. I feel like Ace is trying to buddy Palmer after pushing him for days and Caller says not a lot for the whole game then says "hey can a bunch of roles out that would be nice"

Can some of the quite people please seem town you can't all be scum? Thanks


3rd.

Ok I'm only going to reply to this once, because it's a waste of my posts that I'm totally not wasting on other things like popcorns. The push on Foolish when Ceph had his claims is practically the towniest thing in his entire filter (other than said generic reasons which i mentioned) and it makes me sad that you don't understand why. Again with the background, prplhz = lurky, useless, does nothing scumplayer (to be fair, he does it as town also, but always as mafia)... anyway prplhz wanting to lynch Fool in general is just a read, lots of people wanted to lynch Foolish. Wanting to lynch Foolish on the day of the cop checks, well that's just unbelievably townie. There is literally zero chance a player like prplhz would stick his neck out and quite forcefully and repeatedly say we should be lynching Foolishness when there's a cop check. He would (and almost any mafia would) want to lynch into the cop claims. Because town is 100% going to lynch into the cop claims, so you're just drawing attention to yourself. You're suggesting a mafia prplhz, known for his passiveness (you don't need to know this), vehemently suggests lynching a town Foolishness in a situation where Foolishness can't possibly get lynched, in order to look terrible later when Fool flips town. It's ludicrous and you should be able to see why this is ludicrous. Engage yo brain.

I think I've made it quite clear what i make of Ace. Caller's "mass claim" is silly, and not in any particular way, although I'd lean slightly town from it maybe, for the simple reason towns never massclaim when some random dude with no influence goes "let's all claim", while on the other hand it's a guarantee when some dude does that that at least one person in town goes "wow what a terrible, scummy idea". Effectively there's no upside to a mafia with no thread influence suggesting a massclaim because town will not do it and he will look weird for not doing it. The flipside (and why it's not a strong townlean for that) is that a mafia can just say "yolo let's suggest this"
Mostly @poofter here.

This was basically my reasoning when I called prplhz super townie. Foolishness was more worried about prplhz, just not sure what to make of him and kinda scummy, I was very very townie because sticking neck out and aiming AWAY from the cop checks (when you can just kill the townie and waste time) read very town to me.

i THINK that BH being traitor negates this. The rest of prplhz's filter is still valuable and we need to look at it hard, but the voting Foolishness stuff is meh because if scum trusted the check, they knew that EITHER slam or BH was traitor. Scum wanting to lynch outside a town/scum check doesn't make sense to me, because they can push for a 1:1 lynch, at least try and swing things that way.

But scum don't want to lynch the traitor. If they haven't tried to recruit, cephiro's check says TO TOWN "one of these guys is scum." TO MAFIA, it says "one of these guys is the traitor." Mafia has, at worst, a 50/50 shot now at recruitment, instead of having to pick the traitor out of everyone. Just waiting even one day lets them try to recruit and be at full strength. I can totally understand mafia wanting to lynch outside the cop check IF the cop checks the traitor. I thought it was super townie because I thought the cop check had found a full-fledged mafia. Marv is arguing the same thing now, and while "scum prplhz dislikes sticking his neck out" is possibly a valid point, "scum would want to lynch into the cop check" is not.

Exactly. Austin still #1 town.
On May 09 2014 11:16 WaveofShadow wrote:
Sorry Austin. I trust marv more than you and will be sheeping him today. Even if Palmar convinces him to vote me.
The stars have really aligned in this game--- for once I actually have a strong town read on marv I have no reason to doubt AND I don't feel guilty or stupid sheeping him because all sorts of meh.

Maybe I will care more sometime tomorrow before deadline.
##vote: visceraeyes

I don't like this. I think townreading marv is not scummy but townreading him over austin makes no sense in the slightest.
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?

You are not confirmed town and you are not "like confirmed town" either. You should stop defending yourself this way. It might work in video mafia but not in forum mafia. Just because someone is suspicious of you that does in no way mean he has to be scum.
On May 09 2014 18:48 Tehpoofter wrote:
@Jat where you at man? What do you think about hte VE/Marv/WoS thing going on, I feel like there is at least one mafia in there (probably not WoS) or a scum team of like some combination of Ace/Caller/VA/gum is just sitting back and laughing today and coasting to an easy victory.

There could very well be mafia in there but I don't know who it is. Marv looks decent although I don't really understand why he is fighting with austin that hard. VE is not impressing in the thread but I have no access to the qt. Confirmed town Foolishness thought he is town and very very very likely town austin thinks so too. That makes me not want to lynch him. WoS just gets weirder and weirder today.
On May 09 2014 19:28 Palmar wrote:
I don't 100% agree marv. While I don't mind lynching VE, there is a chance this is his towngame. But I think lynching him over and over again for playing like this is fine anyway.

I like this. But I also like winning.
Tehpoofter
Profile Joined October 2013
United States2911 Posts
May 09 2014 10:53 GMT
#1653
On May 09 2014 19:07 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 18:48 Tehpoofter wrote:
With that point in mind I'd like to hear from VE/Marv/WoS who should Jat shoot today? Should he shoot? I'll go first. I think Caller is my preferred shot because of his lack of interest in the game/ability to figure it out. Ace being a close second because of the way he has interacted with Palmer in that He is scum he is scum he is scum then nvm he gave me Dota shit he must be town. Gumshoe would be a kill you make instead of the mod at this point.

I have stated repeatedly and firmly, with reasoning, who jat should be shooting, so the fact you're asking me this question is, again, ridiculous.



Your reads may have changed so just curious where you stood. Lots of people have talked since then and made more connections I think if your read stayd in the same place all day it would be ridiculous especially with a decent amount of discussion today. I will say you do seem more invested in the game than prphlz was. If you argument that prphlz would be too much of a wuss as mafia to not play the game like that its fine if others can corroborate it. Player replacing is super fucked up for me because it never happens in video mafia ever so it makes me really paranoid when my read switches on someone its because of the player.

@JaT I agree that austin is clearly still town hero here he is way too passionate about what he thinks and clearly doesn't care about how it makes him look. I feel like on WoS if he was mafia he wouldn't be putting in the kind of effort he did starting day 2/3 he would have been doing it from the beginning. He seemed honestly uninterested the only reason I see this being the case is if he thought his mafia team was going to get steamrolled which is hard to imagine with lots of good players in this game. So I actually think its a really good reason to town read someone. I think of VE/Marv/WoS ... WoS is the least likely to be mafia.


I'm headed to bed leave your questions for me if you have them and pray lurkers figure out how to use their keyboards.


9 posts 2 given.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 09 2014 11:35 GMT
#1654
jesus does everything need to be spelled out around here? re-read end of Day 1 into Night 1. Austin is the towniest player here. Alakaslam confirmed Town via Cop check.

Kaboom brahs!

WoS saying marv more town than Austin is fishy because he would have to forget or willingly sheep his vote to someone with no cares given for this to happen. Why Wos is sheeping marv so easily? Because Wos is houze servant.

Caller is Caller. Okz. Pro.

VE is catching heat because...no idea. Apparently his behavior in the QT wasn't good enough :'(

Now that I've laid out how shit looks the last 20 pages we're gonna vote the way I say we vote. You guys are bullshitting.

##vote marv for making the game boring and talking nonsense. GTFO.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 11:44 GMT
#1655
##Unvote
##Vote: Ace
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 09 2014 11:45 GMT
#1656
On May 09 2014 20:44 marvellosity wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: Ace


[image loading]
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 11:45 GMT
#1657
There is 100% scum between Ace and VE, I just don't know which. Ace's last post makes me pretty certain of this.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
May 09 2014 11:49 GMT
#1658
so corny. Wish Coagulation got subbed in, that guy is funny.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 09 2014 11:49 GMT
#1659
I was 100% waiting for this.
BRING US HOME MARV
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 11:54 GMT
#1660
On May 09 2014 20:35 Ace wrote:
jesus does everything need to be spelled out around here? re-read end of Day 1 into Night 1. Austin is the towniest player here. Alakaslam confirmed Town via Cop check.

Kaboom brahs!

WoS saying marv more town than Austin is fishy because he would have to forget or willingly sheep his vote to someone with no cares given for this to happen. Why Wos is sheeping marv so easily? Because Wos is houze servant.

Caller is Caller. Okz. Pro.


VE is catching heat because...no idea. Apparently his behavior in the QT wasn't good enough :'(

Now that I've laid out how shit looks the last 20 pages we're gonna vote the way I say we vote. You guys are bullshitting.

##vote marv for making the game boring and talking nonsense. GTFO.

This is not the post a townie makes.

I'm "talking nonsense"? Apparently you disagree with my read on VE - that's fine. You're not the only one, and hey, maybe I'm wrong. But everything in the massive bolded part is stuff I essentially agree with, often quite explicitly.

I've glossed over Caller with Caller being Caller, just like you. I explicitly stated in both catchup posts that austin was extremely townie and I would not reconsider, due to Oats stuff + surrounding (ergo, end of day 1 into night 1). So essentially Ace agrees with all my reads except for VE, and I'm talking nonsense. No.

With regards to the blue text, it's totally unnecessary and makes it seem like he's spouting the damn truth unto the town. Except he's not, within the last few pages I've explicity said exactly that about austin and Slam. austin and Slam were my two "bold greens" (other than myself). So why is he laying down the fucking truth that's already been laid down by... the person who is spouting nonsense?

Further VE could either be town or mafia in this scenario, if VE is town and Ace calculates I can get him lynched, he's setting up to push me hard after. Either that or VE is mafia and Ace is protecting him.

Either way this is not the post that a townie makes, he's discrediting me for no reason despite re-iterating what I've already said and only disagreeing on VE. There is zero reason Ace should be voting me here. Also interesting is how passive Ace was up to now when I was suggesting he should be shot. No witty* retort, or sarcastic putdown. Just biding his time for this.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 273
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 273
mouzHeroMarine 193
ProTech142
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41149
Bisu 2843
Hyuk 1753
Shuttle 1612
Mini 696
EffOrt 610
Larva 471
Soma 421
firebathero 238
ZerO 223
[ Show more ]
hero 123
Last 95
Zeus 68
Pusan 58
Sexy 54
sorry 51
Hyun 45
Killer 43
Bale 36
Trap 35
Hm[arnc] 29
PianO 29
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
zelot 21
Mong 16
Rock 14
yabsab 13
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6655
qojqva1368
Dendi1117
Counter-Strike
fl0m589
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1227
crisheroes871
Liquid`Hasu466
Lowko406
Other Games
gofns42426
singsing2576
B2W.Neo1366
DeMusliM258
Livibee166
Liquid`VortiX136
Hui .135
ArmadaUGS89
Mew2King83
CosmosSc2 19
ZerO(Twitch)17
elazer8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6510
League of Legends
• Jankos1813
Other Games
• WagamamaTV214
Upcoming Events
FEL
2h 4m
AI Arena Tournament
3h 4m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 4m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 4m
INu's Battles
22h 4m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 20h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.