• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:08
CEST 12:08
KST 19:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12506 users

You Only Shoot Once Mafia - Page 85

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 120 Next
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 09 2014 15:48 GMT
#1681
alright well while you guys e-peen battle im voting for the obvious scum from this cycle

##vote: TehPoofter

as usual will consolidate for lynches if needed but this guys posts are hilariously bad, cya l8er.
I come in for the scraps
VayneAuthority
Profile Joined October 2012
United States8983 Posts
May 09 2014 15:52 GMT
#1682
On May 09 2014 12:59 Tehpoofter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2014 12:50 VisceraEyes wrote:
On May 09 2014 12:08 Tehpoofter wrote:
@austin I posted it in one of other posts but can you link me to some of the townie posts you have for VE that are from the thread and not the QT. I feel like a lot of your argument is from things happening in the QT and not things in the thread.

@VE So who else is with marv/prphlz? Which of the lurkers do you find the most scummy?


6 posts 2 given

Poof I don't care. Right now we need to lynch marv/prplhz because he's literally claiming scum by going after me so hard right now. I'm like confirmed town, he's a jackass if he's town. And he's not a jackass, marv is easily one of the best town players I know. And he's wrong about me. PAY NO MIND to the fact that he's prplhz and prplhz is one of the scummiest players in the thread, marv is the best lynch today by far.

I'll discuss lurkers when marv dies. Maybe by then they won't be lurkers anymore eh?


A pipe dream I'm afraid. Although Ace seems to have small fragments of content today Caller just seems weirder and gumshoe might as well be a deaf mute.

I however like to look at the wider picture we still have almost a full day to look into everyone. Tunneling is a great way to lose a game as town and convince yourself someone that is town is actually mafia ::cough:: Jat and Foolish ::cough:: I think a wide strokes approach is good at this point. Maybe not someone necessarily connected with Marv/prphlz but just in general someone scummy like a number 2 if for whatever reason Marv didn't pan out. I agree that prphlz looks scummy in his posts and is getting town read off one situation that does seem townie. I am slightly scared of Marv becuase he looks focused on finding scum seems like hes read up on things which reads townie to me but I've heard that he is very good. Why should he be reading you town VE you keep saying you're confirmed and shit what makes you so damn town cause honestly I'm not convinced from what you've said in the thread and your posts in the QT that austin has linked look kinda like our small interaction in Catastrophe pm where you kinda acted paranoid and blew me off but wanted to get a couple reads out of me demanding them.

7 posts 2 given


[image loading]
I come in for the scraps
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 17:00 GMT
#1683
##Unvote
##Vote marvellosity
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 17:31 GMT
#1684
On May 10 2014 02:00 Palmar wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote marvellosity

[image loading]
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 17:32 GMT
#1685
On May 10 2014 00:48 VayneAuthority wrote:
alright well while you guys e-peen battle im voting for the obvious scum from this cycle

##vote: TehPoofter

as usual will consolidate for lynches if needed but this guys posts are hilariously bad, cya l8er.

Are you sure this has nothing to do with him shining a light on lurkers? Because frankly I suspect that your contention with Poofter is that he wants to shine a light on lurkers which I'm not down with. What's suspicious about Poofter if you want to go down this road?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 17:46 GMT
#1686
On April 28 2014 13:06 strongandbig wrote:
I honestly hope town loses.

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 09 2014 17:53 GMT
#1687
On May 10 2014 00:32 justanothertownie wrote:
If someone wants to be a townhero - donate marv posts. We need him to post more regardless of his alignment. Marv, if you should get some be more careful. I know it is hard to be that restricted in playstyle and it sucks but believe me not being able to posts later on is more annoying then holding back a bit earlier.

Austin, you rambled on about all those other question marks. What about Ace?

Ace, your time is slowly running out. You did some things (good) but it is not enough.

I will keep holding back most of my opinions for a few more hours for specific reasons (and because I have to travel) just so you know.
Ace has been more chatty today, said some things. Seemed more sensible. The BIGGEST knock on Ace imo is just that ... in Nuclear Mini he was scumbuddies with oats, and when I got on oats's case about his reads that game and dunked him, Ace made some "Ooooooh, Oats just got dunked" comment.

TO SOME EXTENT, his comment after I think I won an argument there with Marv reminded me of that. Flashbacks.

Otherwise, nothing has really swung me in any direction. Fool said this back on D2
The only things I have about Ace are:

1) I don't feel like he's hiding anything or pushing an agenda.

2) I feel that if he was mafia he would be trying harder to do something (yes I realize how silly this argument sounds).
and that's mostly still true until just now, where he's maybe doing something or taking a position. Fool was not clearly town on him though, Ace was in the list of like 5-6 unknown/scum possibilities. Just that comment stuck with.

So...my thoughts on Ace are that there are finally things to pushpin into the Ace bulletin board, and for some reason I think that takes him off my list, and I'd rather wait and see if/how Marv flips, what Ace does in the next bit, etc.

He was also kinda anti-foolishness lynch, like the way he interacted with me saying things that I was scummy on Fool for it felt ... I don't know. Either scum taking a great position to sort of sit back and critique a case, or legit town trying to figure out why I wanted this guy lynched, going through reasons. That bit is worth looking at much harder, but overall, Ace just has actual STUFF and he's not as ? for me. I don't feel like i KNOW his alignment, but I feel like there are things to work with.


I'm about to head out to a bachelor party for the weekend, SURPRISE. That's one reason I've been ass at getting through everything I should be reading, and I will try to check phone tonight like 1-2 times, but otherwise, I'm gone til Sunday.

Whatever. Keep talking about marv. I don't really think he's the lynch for today, would really rather weed out ?s. Caller or Palmar are probably the spots to look. I think marv is objectively more questionable, but if we keep pushing this down the road then we end up in LYLO with ?s, rather than scummy looking marv. VE also is somewhat distressed by that position from me. There's also just a tendency to jump on something new rather than really look at a pile of ?, and we gotta avoid that, and even if marv is the lynch, people need to talk about other crap and work on figuring other crap out.

Someone(s) else, please look at Geript's filter. When I went and read to try and figure out maybe why he was shot, a lot of his reads were actually wonky. He was townie on oats, scummy on Fool, I THINK he was scummy on sandro. He was looking at Koshi, which is a reason to kill him IF Koshi was scum, but Koshi's shot response DOES look town, although he was a wonky oats-defender. If NOT because of Koshi, anyone spitball a particular thought as to why Geript was shot? He died N1. Probably 'portant. From what I saw, Palmar kept saying nice things about Geript, so it made me look slightly askance at Palmar, maybe seeing him as a threat. BUT IT'S ALL SPECULATION YET STILL IT WOULD BE NICE FOR PEOPLE TO READ THAT AND THINK ABOUT IT AND POST ABOUT IT AND DISCUSS IT YESYESYES.


Yeah! Leaving computer and not placing a vote yet and not doing a good job of trying to lead town today. Boo me! ABBA would be sad.
Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
May 09 2014 17:57 GMT
#1688
Anyway, talking about marv good. Possibly lynching marv good. Lynching marv not the best imo. But possibly, yum yum that sounds good.

Geript's filter

WoS just rando-speculating about vigis and Hero, he should seriously just think through it and post some stuff in thread because it's dumb but I would appreciate it and it's not a stupid stupid question like I would sometimes ask, it's at least mostly legit.

VA should talk about prplhz/marv some more, even if he wants to vote poofter

VE is town. Don't lynch

Gumshoe's past games. Does anyone else see a bunch of little ?s? Does he do that as scum as well?
Fe fi fo fum.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 18:02 GMT
#1689
On May 10 2014 02:46 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2014 13:06 strongandbig wrote:
I honestly hope town loses.


To be fair, regardless of my alignment, if I were "a shell of the man I used to be" I wouldn't be so hard to lynch. Even if I have scum defending me, I wouldn't be so hard to lynch. For the marv I know, regardless of alignment, that is.

Just sayin. I still think you're scum, but if ur town u know I luv u bbygrl.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
May 09 2014 18:08 GMT
#1690
I would actually laugh if we lynched marv today. I certainly won't contribute to it 'cause dude's obvs townmarv but whateva. Sorry buddeh but it would be pretty hilarious.

I think I seriously wouldn't mind just lynching the shoe tonight. I think its high time for me to be wrong about him again.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 18:43 GMT
#1691
On May 10 2014 03:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
I would actually laugh if we lynched marv today. I certainly won't contribute to it 'cause dude's obvs townmarv but whateva. Sorry buddeh but it would be pretty hilarious.

I think I seriously wouldn't mind just lynching the shoe tonight. I think its high time for me to be wrong about him again.

I think if we're talking about being wrong about people in a timely fashion, I've been able to read marv for quite a while, and prefer to be wrong about marv if I'm wrong about marv than gumshoe.

Like, gumshoe is a pure lurker lynch. Pure policy. I mean, that's fine guys, but call it what it is, don't dress it up like you think he's mafia. I mean, I guess there are little things that point to him being mafia - like how he actually does make it in to make sure he's not modkilled and stuff, but that's kinda meta and whatever. The main problem with gumshoe is that he's simply not playing. Just call it what it is.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 18:45 GMT
#1692
On May 10 2014 03:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
I would actually laugh if we lynched marv today. I certainly won't contribute to it 'cause dude's obvs townmarv but whateva. Sorry buddeh but it would be pretty hilarious.

I think I seriously wouldn't mind just lynching the shoe tonight. I think its high time for me to be wrong about him again.

MAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Computer says mafia
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 09 2014 18:45 GMT
#1693
JaT if you are here just shoot a little early.

Blatant misinformation. If town so off game it isn't worth allowing to continue

If I can see it that really really says something strong
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 18:46 GMT
#1694
austin is way to aggreable but he has also said some townie things so whatever
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 18:46 GMT
#1695
much rather lynch waveofmafia or poofmafia or whatever.
Computer says mafia
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
May 09 2014 19:00 GMT
#1696
On May 10 2014 03:46 Palmar wrote:
much rather lynch waveofmafia or poofmafia or whatever.

NO YOU LYNCH MARVMAFIA WITH ME OR WE'RE THROUGH!!!! THROUGH PALMAR!!!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
May 09 2014 19:03 GMT
#1697
Well I use dat last post to say this:

Good luck Ver. Apologies...
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 09 2014 19:19 GMT
#1698
Important Lynch List you must follow when I Die

Dead players
Alive players
Misc.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
May 09 2014 19:43 GMT
#1699
On May 10 2014 03:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
I would actually laugh if we lynched marv today. I certainly won't contribute to it 'cause dude's obvs townmarv but whateva. Sorry buddeh but it would be pretty hilarious.

I think I seriously wouldn't mind just lynching the shoe tonight. I think its high time for me to be wrong about him again.

You are soooo helpful. I am starting to think Palmar might be right.
On May 10 2014 03:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2014 03:08 WaveofShadow wrote:
I would actually laugh if we lynched marv today. I certainly won't contribute to it 'cause dude's obvs townmarv but whateva. Sorry buddeh but it would be pretty hilarious.

I think I seriously wouldn't mind just lynching the shoe tonight. I think its high time for me to be wrong about him again.

Like, gumshoe is a pure lurker lynch. Pure policy. I mean, that's fine guys, but call it what it is, don't dress it up like you think he's mafia. I mean, I guess there are little things that point to him being mafia - like how he actually does make it in to make sure he's not modkilled and stuff, but that's kinda meta and whatever. The main problem with gumshoe is that he's simply not playing. Just call it what it is.

This is true.
On May 10 2014 04:19 marvellosity wrote:
Important Lynch List you must follow when I Die

Dead players
Alive players
Misc.

Stop it. Just ignore the trolls and play your game if you are town, please.

I am not a fan of this marv wagon right now. All the unknowns immediately jumped on it, nobody seems to be against it. That is not a good sign.

Austin, you are telling us marv is scummy. Why? Is it just because of his VE push?

Palmar, why are you voting marv if you would rather lynch WoS or Poofter?

I am - like austin - of the opinion that it is time to reduce the ?s today. I will not be lynching VE for stated reasons - that leaves caller, ace and gumshoe. I would be down to something like praying for a gumshoe modkill (seriously the mods have to take action eventually...) while lynching/shooting the other 2.
Opinions?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
May 09 2014 19:47 GMT
#1700
JAT IS CONFUSED!
Computer says mafia
Prev 1 83 84 85 86 87 120 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech41
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1158
Bisu 802
Horang2 698
Hyuk 638
Larva 610
Leta 188
Zeus 117
Sexy 112
EffOrt 103
Soma 83
[ Show more ]
PianO 81
Mini 80
Pusan 54
Killer 37
ZerO 37
Bale 30
ToSsGirL 29
Hm[arnc] 28
sorry 22
yabsab 20
JulyZerg 10
Trap 10
Noble 7
Last 5
Dota 2
XcaliburYe429
XaKoH 344
League of Legends
JimRising 337
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1412
Other Games
gofns37230
singsing1499
crisheroes241
OGKoka 177
Mew2King137
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick599
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6945
• lizZardDota2326
League of Legends
• Jankos1259
• Stunt939
Upcoming Events
Online Event
52m
FEL
5h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 52m
INu's Battles
1d 1h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 23h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.