• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9003 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 11:14 GMT
#1065
I already said that. Shouldn´t be too hard to find it in my filter.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 11:24 GMT
#1068
that´s nice to hear
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 14:34 GMT
#1071
On April 18 2014 22:24 kushm4sta wrote:
Mderg let's talk about skanjab. Always reminds me of skinjob which reminds me of handjob. Just saying.
But anyway I am thinking he could be town and just fake claiming vig to soak up an rb or something. What do you have to say about that possibility?

The possibility is certainly there. I don´t think that´s the case but you never know.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 14:37 GMT
#1073
Why am I your only salvation?
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 14:39 GMT
#1075
I can assure you that I´m town. I hope that makes you feel better.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 15:02 GMT
#1078
##vote: Skanjab1s

forgot to do that earlier
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 15:29 GMT
#1082
I am following it. I´m really not sure about it, though.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 15:45 GMT
#1085
He is a bit scummy. But there have also been some posts that put some doubts about that in my mind.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 18 2014 16:04 GMT
#1087
I have to correct myself. After rereading oo´s filter I couldn´t find the posts that stand out as townie behavior. Or rather posts that I thought were townie don´t really seem like town behavior to me anymore.


On April 17 2014 05:36 ObviousOne wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 05:15 mderg wrote:
On April 17 2014 04:57 ObviousOne wrote:
Kush giving me the town boner as of his return this second half.

Thank fuck we have a replacement, hello vivax please explain why I am on your POE or what you didn't like about me.

mderg's main, perhaps only, focus is a vig claim / scumminess of claiming a near-verifable role D1? That's... concerning, he's getting my vote for now. No reason to be pushing to lynch blue claims unless there's a cc. He's even sticking with it despite talking to others and defending his position which, with a tiny bit of critical thought should be an intractable one.

##vote: mderg

@FT: Koshi reads town to me only because he's all over the place and active. I'm more familiar with his "go forth and do work for me" town-meta that I think he uses in themed games but I'm not as aware of his regular town-game meta. My distant memory from back when Titanic 1 was a thing was that his scum game was pretty focused, but I'm bad with the memory thing sometimes so if you have something contradictory that would be useful today I'd like to see that.
On April 17 2014 04:32 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't like Koshi's insistence on pushing kush. Kush has a decent past few pages and his pressure of Cavalinho seems genuine.

Although Kush brings up some good points on Cavalinho, I'm not entirely convinced. Cavalinho looks like he doesn't understand that people sometimes give out null reads in order to promote discussion on a player. Fundamentally, he doesn't understand the purpose of my post: to explain to Koshi why Dja was not the appropriate use of our time in the thread.

@kush+Koshi Tell me what you think of OmniEulogy so far. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.


Did you even read my posts? The claim is the one thing that makes Skan look less scummy. The claim was never my focus, it was everything besides that. I´m also having a hard time understanding the rest of the paragraph about me. Would it be possible to rephrase that?

Any potential vigilante situation is self-solving. Either a shot is called and made, called a missed, not called and claimed later, or never called but the vigilante dies. Giving any amount of effort towards discussing how much you do or don't believe it and arguing about it or using it to defend someone before any of those events happen is ridiculous.

So to say it another way; having a read on a player solely for their power claim is ridiculous because we know that mafia can fake claim, we know that a power role who claims early can get their role blocked, they can be simply shot, and other corner cases where it leads into some kind of big play (which I would discount but in the interests of trying to be thorough I add it here).

So if he's actually blue then you pushing for his lynch is pointless endeavour for anyone thinking with a town mindset. With so few potential power roles in a normal game (something you may not be aware of). You can just accept for one day that he's got something useful to contribute outside of his lack of conversational contribution and focus on real lynch candidate possibilities instead until it can be established he's lying or he is caught in a sure-fire situation where he knows something that he shouldn't.

That is why I think your vote is wasted and you've given him the possibility of being town for his role but you refuse to accept what that means for the overarching scheme of the game when you pursue him as a potential lynch candidate.


This for example seemed townie to me but it actually doesn´t say anything other than lynching claimed vig on day 1 is bad. The wall of text kinda made it seem like a good town post at first glance.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 20 2014 11:06 GMT
#1148
I´m pretty sure Skanjab is scum. The fact that I was OO´s first scumread because I attacked Skanjab makes my scumread on him even stronger. imo everything speaks against him being town.
After that it´s difficult to tell. koshi seems to be town and OE is basically confirmed town. If I trust koshi on thrawn being town, it leaves OTW, kush, Vivax and thrawn. I´ll definitely go through their filter today.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 20 2014 22:07 GMT
#1203
On April 21 2014 03:32 OneThousandWords wrote:

mderg

Mderg IMO is scummy. There isn't much stuff on his filter to go on and it seems to be like he has just been skating on through the game, mainly, he seems to have very little interaction to do with the day 1 lynch and his contribution to lynch actual scum (ObviousOne) does not exist. In fact, he voted Skanjab1s instead. His first post was contentless and summed up things that pretty much everyone had already said and then after quite some time of waiting and accusations being thrown around his second post does not really address much in the game at all and just consists of him answering randomq questions. He has weird pushes on Djagu (confirmed blue) for playing "the newbie card" but says it in a way in which it was not used (koshi? pointed this out) and then flits to trying to get the claimed vigilante lynched. In my mind I treated this guy as a confirmed vigilante, however, now that the actual vigilante has come out this puts all his accusations into incredibly suspicious territory. I've PoE'd the scum team to Skanjab1s and Mderg and I know this initially looks strange and I feel extremely aprehensive in doing so after making a connection theory with Thrawn and Cavalinho on day 1 but there is something off about the way Mder fought with Skanjab1s that just didn't seem natural. He pushes him for a long time of day 1 but then drops it altogether to lynch FirmTofu for reasons that are sheeped from other people. His interactions with ObviousOne are also very mediocre and no suspicion is raised about him. Then suddenly after having little to 0 participation in the day 1 lynch at night after everyone and their mothers starts calling ObviousOne scummy mderg says: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/447645-normal-ass-normal-game?page=48#956. This on it's own is not that bad BUT there was the post the NEXT DAY that does not compare with this:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2014 00:45 mderg wrote:
He is a bit scummy. But there have also been some posts that put some doubts about that in my mind.


After saying that he agrees that ObviousOne is scum he says he has doubts (which he didn't mention in the night) and then quickly corrects that afterwards to say he has a scum read on ObviousOne (but still never votes for him over Skanjab1s).

I think Skanjab1s is truly busy and just told his team to lynch him and mderg took this to the next level and has been pushing him all game to look good for when he flips. His interactions with ObviousOne are strange and his read is not maintained through the game (in little space of time). I think mderg is scum.


I kinda feel the need to respond to this.
Regarding the thing about not contributing to lynch OO I´d like to say that even though I was unsure about him being scum I changed my mind immediately after going through his filter. Finding someone scummy but also having doubts about is is also very possible as townie. In the end I still voted for Skanjab since he was even scummier to me, wouldn´t you also vote your #1 scumread over your #2 scumread?
Regarding the Djagu push I can only say that it never happened. That was someone else.
My FirmTofu read wasn´t sheeped from other people. I was even the 1st/2nd guy voting for him depending on if you take cav voting in this thread as the first vote.
Also the whole association read with me and Skanjab is just based on assumptions. Namely the last paragraph about me.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 20 2014 22:32 GMT
#1205
On April 21 2014 07:22 OneThousandWords wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2014 07:07 mderg wrote:
On April 21 2014 03:32 OneThousandWords wrote:

mderg

Mderg IMO is scummy. There isn't much stuff on his filter to go on and it seems to be like he has just been skating on through the game, mainly, he seems to have very little interaction to do with the day 1 lynch and his contribution to lynch actual scum (ObviousOne) does not exist. In fact, he voted Skanjab1s instead. His first post was contentless and summed up things that pretty much everyone had already said and then after quite some time of waiting and accusations being thrown around his second post does not really address much in the game at all and just consists of him answering randomq questions. He has weird pushes on Djagu (confirmed blue) for playing "the newbie card" but says it in a way in which it was not used (koshi? pointed this out) and then flits to trying to get the claimed vigilante lynched. In my mind I treated this guy as a confirmed vigilante, however, now that the actual vigilante has come out this puts all his accusations into incredibly suspicious territory. I've PoE'd the scum team to Skanjab1s and Mderg and I know this initially looks strange and I feel extremely aprehensive in doing so after making a connection theory with Thrawn and Cavalinho on day 1 but there is something off about the way Mder fought with Skanjab1s that just didn't seem natural. He pushes him for a long time of day 1 but then drops it altogether to lynch FirmTofu for reasons that are sheeped from other people. His interactions with ObviousOne are also very mediocre and no suspicion is raised about him. Then suddenly after having little to 0 participation in the day 1 lynch at night after everyone and their mothers starts calling ObviousOne scummy mderg says: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/447645-normal-ass-normal-game?page=48#956. This on it's own is not that bad BUT there was the post the NEXT DAY that does not compare with this:
On April 19 2014 00:45 mderg wrote:
He is a bit scummy. But there have also been some posts that put some doubts about that in my mind.


After saying that he agrees that ObviousOne is scum he says he has doubts (which he didn't mention in the night) and then quickly corrects that afterwards to say he has a scum read on ObviousOne (but still never votes for him over Skanjab1s).

I think Skanjab1s is truly busy and just told his team to lynch him and mderg took this to the next level and has been pushing him all game to look good for when he flips. His interactions with ObviousOne are strange and his read is not maintained through the game (in little space of time). I think mderg is scum.


I kinda feel the need to respond to this.
Regarding the thing about not contributing to lynch OO I´d like to say that even though I was unsure about him being scum I changed my mind immediately after going through his filter. Finding someone scummy but also having doubts about is is also very possible as townie. In the end I still voted for Skanjab since he was even scummier to me, wouldn´t you also vote your #1 scumread over your #2 scumread?
Regarding the Djagu push I can only say that it never happened. That was someone else.
My FirmTofu read wasn´t sheeped from other people. I was even the 1st/2nd guy voting for him depending on if you take cav voting in this thread as the first vote.
Also the whole association read with me and Skanjab is just based on assumptions. Namely the last paragraph about me.


Sorry yes you're right. The djagu thing was omni, I just had a lot of filters open at a time and your name was next to his. As for the rest, I posted on night 1 about ObviousOne and you quite clearly said "yes I think we all agree he is scum" but on day 2 you were showing that you didn't actually think that after all as your initial read was not so scummy until you rechecked the filter! So that does not add up at all!


You spend the ENTIRE day talking to skanjabs and you post 1 relevant post towards a FirmTofu/Cavalinho day lynch and it's just agreeing with other people's reasons to lynch FirmTofu and then you never return.

Was my wording that bad? I didn´t mean to say that he was scum on night 1 just that his behavior was a bit scummy. I was never 100% sure that he was scum.

I actually don´t see my vote on FirmTofu as just agreeing with others. You could have left the "never return" part out because that´s basically saying that you don´t believe me having to sleep at that time.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 00:04 GMT
#1292
I really don´t get why people want to lynch Vivax. I´m clearly reading him as town. I mean he was strongly against lynching cav who we now know was town. He was pretty much all over the place while still pushing his scumreads, for me that´s pretty townie. He was also one of the first guys to push OO who turned out to be scum and now he wants to lynch skan which I 100% agree with. Honestly, to me Vivax doesn´t seem scummy at all. It feels as if someone just randomly said he was scummy and suddenly everyone agreed despite reading him as town beforehand.

I´m still very much for lynching skan, maybe I´m focusing on him too much, but I really can´t see any reason why he would be town.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:11 GMT
#1337
On April 23 2014 05:41 kushm4sta wrote:
MDERG MDERG MDERG MDERG

I´m here now.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:15 GMT
#1340
Well, you all know my opinion on skan. I´m also kinda warming up to the idea of otw being scum.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:17 GMT
#1341
kush never really gave explicit reason after this
On April 22 2014 20:34 kushm4sta wrote:
how about the total lack of sucmhunting?
the complete focus on skanjab for bullshit reasons


He said he´d look into me but that didn´t really happen.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:19 GMT
#1342
The focus on skanjab was not for bullshit reasons btw.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:30 GMT
#1344
On April 23 2014 06:25 thrawn2112 wrote:
mderg who do you have town reads on?

you and Vivax, OE is basically confirmed town.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 21:48 GMT
#1347
Seems like the lynch is going to be between skanjab and me. I hope skanjab is lynched and I think he´ll flip scum.

I´m unsure about the last scum, for me this is between OTW and kush but I had both of them as town reads at some point in this game. From OTW I really didn´t like the big wall of text because it was strongly based on connections between unflipped players. Kush on the other hand had these posts where he said he would look into someone but never actually looked into them closely. Also his reads right now are more or less just poe, not based on anything specific.
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
April 22 2014 22:27 GMT
#1370
On April 23 2014 07:27 thrawn2112 wrote:
if mderg is scum then we lynch the fuck outta vivax

I guess you won´t lynch Vivax then.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 215
Nina 128
ViBE87
SpeCial 80
Nathanias 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11969
Artosis 561
NaDa 30
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever296
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox641
Mew2King109
Other Games
summit1g6953
Grubby2395
Liquid`RaSZi1885
shahzam634
WinterStarcraft461
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0330
Trikslyr37
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick372
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 85
• musti20045 27
• davetesta3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 43m
INu's Battles
11h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 43m
OSC
22h 58m
Replay Cast
23h 43m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.